The foolishness of overbuffing kits.

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    It makes me sad when 'reasonable suggestions' are to maintain a specific karma blessing, and know in advance to have specific time limited defenses up (blacktea).

IMO these sort of things should be bonuses, not requirements.  I truly hope the overhaul reduces the requirement to grind and maintain defenses with hours worth of work in the off chance you come across some specific combo from a specific player.

I'm not saying that these suggestions are not reasonable, I'm bemoaning the fact that they are.
    How is tea time limited? Unless you mean that there is a cooldown period in between taking sips? If not, then no... you take a sip of tea and it works the next time it needs to block an affliction, then it goes on cooldown for something like 15 seconds and then you can drink another tea. It's a pretty sensible thing.

I'd definitely like to know which defenses take hours worth of work to grind and maintain, too. If we're talking about karma blessings... yeah, I guess they do... if you're influencing. If you're bashing, it takes about 15 minutes to obtain 50% karma or so, depending on your level. I'm not saying people should upkeep their karma buffs. I am notorious for not doing it myself, and I still manage... but I would have given the advice to gain a life blessing if someone is dying so easily, if not for anything else, to see if it helps.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I just think it's sad that expecting people to work for benefits is being frowned upon.

Karma blessings and tea's are bonuses, they aren't requirements, but you'll probably do better having the bonus than not having it, it's after all, a bonus. They are suggestions on how to take on certain classes easier, and the fact of the matter is bonuses need to be considered when balancing things because you don't want people with bonuses to have an unfair edge. It all goes back to balancing around the top.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Well, I'd say that karma blessings are extra, but tea is not. 

It's pretty easy to go to the aetherplex and buy a rift full of your chosen type of tea and consistently upkeep it. It helps to take an edge off pressure, especially for high-priority affs like blackout.
    There is also the part where while Lusternia is not necessarily a fully pay2win game, there is still the element of being able to pay to receive an edge. If you're not buying a life rune, then you can expect to have to work to gain buffs that will give you similar or better benefits. You can't just run around at 4.5k hp (as a demi) and complain that you're dying to people hitting you a couple of times. There are quests to boost your vitals, and there's karma blessings/triple junction consumables, etc, etc, etc that will give you that extra buff.

Nobody's saying... go and buy a T3 life rune, then go min-max crazy... but if you're not willing to put in any effort while playing a squishy race like faeling/wump, then don't expect anyone to come and say "there, there" the moment you get a boo boo. I asked for a post with basic information to see where we can get some easy maxing out done to improve the person's survivability, I was told that this is what this whole thread is about. (Not a whole lot of complaining of OP skills, of which I'm pretty sure I've done my fair share, too) Well, I can't guess your stats to be able to give you pointers on how to improve yourself, so this is where the conversation ends for me. Good luck.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I'm not sure what you gain from trying to minimize the amount of effort people need to put in to get all the defenses and buffs that are being discussed as tools for various strategies to be effective.  Chaos and Life blessings have been mentioned as suggested remedies, not as extras.

Unless its been changed, or there is some skill I'm not aware of, you can only have one tea active at a time. Which means you need to know which one is most beneficial to you before you get hit.  Depending on who you are fighting different teas will be more useful than others.

Combat requires work to be good at it.  As was pointed out, even if you buy all the artifacts, without practice you aren't going to be able to win a fight.  But hey, if you like the added grind , so be it . I don't.
  • I will say that neither are really a requirement from my experience. They are beneficial, absolutely, but not a requirement. Teas, especially, were implemented much later than the affliction framework and they have such a long cooldown that they don't sway combat too far one way or the other. Great to fight off the opening burst of vapors, etc.  

Karma blessings are more for min/maxers, specifically the war and knowledge blessings. Life doesn't stack well with other buffs like throne, chaos is situationally useful. 

Neither requirement any substantial effort to keep up. Karma be gained with very little effort. When I was a mortal, I kept up the two I just mentioned without any real effort. I was not one of the habitual essence grinders by any stretch of the phrase. What we don't want to do is remove the small benefits for people that spend the extra effort to obtain them. There should be an incentive for those that want that small extra edge, it encourages competition. We don't attract PKers by giving the average joe who doesn't care as much the same incentives as someone who works for the benefits. The trick is not letting it teeter too far in the other direction (things like throne and some of the dmp curios might do this) where those who don't min/max have no chance against those that do.

Warriors being the exception here, smart players don't have to absolutely min/max to be competitive from my experience.
  • Except warrior weapon runes.

• I'm scratching my head here.

Chaos blessing was specifically called out as  good reliable way to deal with some bard attacks.  Not as some 'nice bonus' but as the best way to deal with the problem.  Nobody disagreed with the point when it was mentioned.

But regardless, I get the picture. Everything is awesome.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've read your posts Dag, and I guess due to my lack a sleep brain, I think I'm not quite getting your point. You mention that combat requires work to be good at it. If I were to equate combat prep here with WoW, then it comes down to making sure you're correctly geared for your role/spec, have the right food for stat buffs, and have the right potions for the right buffs. You can take the time to generate these things yourself, or you can hit the auction house. If you don't do this work, you'll get rolled in pvp/pve, or at the very least things will be much more difficult than they need to be.

Kind of the same here. Go buy karma via esteem if you don't want to grind it. Keep your curatives full. Use the correct tea for the correct fight. Pvp is work. If you get wrecked, at least your opponents in this game are usually willing to tell you what you did wrong, and will give you suggestions.

And, speaking of suggestions, anyone willing to share what tea they like to use against X class?
  • Maligorn said:
    Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to advice, Arcanis. You've got basically everyone here telling you that it's not the Cantor problem, it's you.

I don't consider myself big stuff. I don't think I'm a good or seasoned combatant by far. But I can survive Raeri's combos, consistently, in an arena, by using blacktea and allheale. I get a little leeway with jadegrazioso and emeraldgrazioso. I survived both his damage tactics and his dsong tactics. I wasn't able to make any headway on him offensively, but I did survive.

I had about  ~4.5k health at that time and, say, 30% fire dmp and 15% divinus dmp.

Which basically I already stated about 4 posts back, however, no, the problem isnt me, it is as so far most agree: The damage levels from buffs are too high. Do you think im walking around without any form of defenses and then crying about damage? Basically every defense that was already stated (basic, not class specific) I already have and im walking around with. The only thing possibly would be a Karma life blessing (and dont even think of stating: That is your problem! Because that would in all terms of combat mechanics be stupid).

Additionally, you stated Blacktea and Allheale as saving you from Raeri damage.....what? Blackout isnt the problem here, it is the aeon, followed by stun, followed by anorexia and anorexia-like effect from starchord. Additionally, Raeri isnt as much the problem, truth be told he is manageable and not that much of an expert, the problem is Kelly's 1 combo-kills.

Truth be told I feel like a broken-record now and honestly am finding truly no point in attempting to bring up combat imbalances since even an Admin seems to have flicked it aside without concern. Lusternia has had problems with combat imbalances for years (and dont even think of debating this one, because the facts are right there staring us in the face), but it seems attempting to listen to more than 1 or 2 'favorite' players, or as Kelly put it so elegantly "The Elite (yes I will be using this term henceforth since it seems our playerbase is to be split into such unethical and degrading terminology)" are what is important for statisfaction. I'll just go and behave like most of the masses have and simply bemoan and complain to friends that North/South have better opz than us.
  • Tarkenton said:

I've read your posts Dag, and I guess due to my lack a sleep brain, I think I'm not quite getting your point. You mention that combat requires work to be good at it. If I were to equate combat prep here with WoW, then it comes down to making sure you're correctly geared for your role/spec, have the right food for stat buffs, and have the right potions for the right buffs. You can take the time to generate these things yourself, or you can hit the auction house. If you don't do this work, you'll get rolled in pvp/pve, or at the very least things will be much more difficult than they need to be.

Kind of the same here. Go buy karma via esteem if you don't want to grind it. Keep your curatives full. Use the correct tea for the correct fight. Pvp is work. If you get wrecked, at least your opponents in this game are usually willing to tell you what you did wrong, and will give you suggestions.

And, speaking of suggestions, anyone willing to share what tea they like to use against X class?

Let me try to put it another way. You could Give me every artifact in the game, every buff every bonus and a great system, right this instant, and I will lose just about any fight against the better combatants. That's because fighting is a skill, and I havent played in 3 years and have not be active in combat in maybe 5-8 years. That is a good thing.

I Don't see the point in having the grinds on top of that reality.
    Arcanis said:

Which basically I already stated about 4 posts back, however, no, the problem isnt me, it is as so far most agree: The damage levels from buffs are too high. Do you think im walking around without any form of defenses and then crying about damage? Basically every defense that was already stated (basic, not class specific) I already have and im walking around with. The only thing possibly would be a Karma life blessing (and dont even think of stating: That is your problem! Because that would in all terms of combat mechanics be stupid).

Additionally, you stated Blacktea and Allheale as saving you from Raeri damage.....what? Blackout isnt the problem here, it is the aeon, followed by stun, followed by anorexia and anorexia-like effect from starchord. Additionally, Raeri isnt as much the problem, truth be told he is manageable and not that much of an expert, the problem is Kelly's 1 combo-kills.

Truth be told I feel like a broken-record now and honestly am finding truly no point in attempting to bring up combat imbalances since even an Admin seems to have flicked it aside without concern. Lusternia has had problems with combat imbalances for years (and dont even think of debating this one, because the facts are right there staring us in the face), but it seems attempting to listen to more than 1 or 2 'favorite' players, or as Kelly put it so elegantly "The Elite (yes I will be using this term henceforth since it seems our playerbase is to be split into such unethical and degrading terminology)" are what is important for statisfaction. I'll just go and behave like most of the masses have and simply bemoan and complain to friends that North/South have better opz than us.
    And yet I'm pretty sure that I can roll out a fresh character of practically any class and tank it without getting 'special' buffs. I did ask you to post your stats so that I can see if you were missing readily available stuff. You can't just go around and claim that it's all unfair without providing all the information. That said, you also need to do some level of min-maxing to be an accomplished PvP-er right now. While I agree that buffs do need addressing and the admins do too (Buff stacking is going to be part of the overhaul, just not the part that will be looked at first... and I doubt you'll change their opinion and have them leave the affliction system in a half-baked state rather than finishing it first) In fact, if an admin had come out and said... "Hey guys, we'll be putting affliction overhaul on the back-burner until we finish the rest of the process... have at it" I'd have been pretty annoyed myself. I work as a coder and I have a boss that changes priorities more often than he changes his socks, so long-term projects tend to turn out crap... mainly because in the middle of the process, he came up with another long-term project that is suddenly a higher priority, so by the time I get back to it, I've forgotten where I was going with the whole thing and it ends up a mess.

Daganev said:
    Let me try to put it another way. You could Give me every artifact in the game, every buff every bonus and a great system, right this instant, and I will lose just about any fight against the better combatants. That's because fighting is a skill, and I havent played in 3 years and have not be active in combat in maybe 5-8 years. That is a good thing. I Don't see the point in having the grinds on top of that reality.
    There isn't that big a grind, though. What is the grindy part? The karma blessings? 15minutes of bashing per day is a grind? Heck, I'd expect you to do a fair bit more grinding if you're an active PvP-er... on account of the possibility of dying in enemy territory and losing chunks of experience in the process. Experience that if you do not recover might lead to you losing demigod and every power you've purchased previously.

• Uh, anorexia and aeon is available to quite a few classes. If that's the imbalance, then... well, there's no real imbalance, since it's not exactly limited to the Cantors only.

There's no point in bringing up combat imbalances only when you insist on making pointless rants like this:
    Arcanis said:
    Lusternia has had problems with combat imbalances for years (and dont even think of debating this one, because the facts are right there staring us in the face), but it seems attempting to listen to more than 1 or 2 'favorite' players, or as Kelly put it so elegantly "The Elite (yes I will be using this term henceforth since it seems our playerbase is to be split into such unethical and degrading terminology)" are what is important for statisfaction. I'll just go and behave like most of the masses have and simply bemoan and complain to friends that North/South have better opz than us.
    There is no "facts" in any of the posts put up before here - there's been no conclusive evidence of the Cantor's damage ability being too strong yet, much less pfarewell at all. There's a situation which this can be debated but when you turn around and effectively say "don't think about debating with me if you disagree, because you're wrong", then there really is no point talking to you. Not because people are "flicking away" your arguments, but because you are the one doing so. You're basically having throwing up your arms into the air because you are refusing to engage with differing opinions, not the other way around. You have shown in your logs you can get out of aeon+stun in 5s flat. You haven't shown us anything about aeon+anorexia beyond the fact that you die in two hits to Kelly. And we're supposed to nerf some skills for this?

Yeah, if you would actually "behave like most of the masses" - ie. be reasonable, we would be making some progress in nerfing what needs nerfed instead.

• If you live it and don't know what I'm talking about than kudos to you.
    I think everyone agrees that buffs/defenses and their relation to damage is kind of out of control right now.  That's literally something that's already in the plans for the overhaul, and has been through several iterations of the affliction overhaul. We know. It's getting fixed. 

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2014
    Lol expecting the admin to drop everything to address perceived imbalances or remove minor costs of combat is all sorts of wtf. The way they present out even more so.
  • Unfortunately we are elbow deep in the affliction transitions. The buff system was acknowledged as an opportunity for change with the overhaul before you brought it up as an issue, it has been acknowledged both my myself in this thread as well as Estarra and Ieptix in other threads, and is, quite literally, on the schedule for the overhaul. If you are sour grapes about that, I suggest making some wine.

A value your passion on the subject. I hope you will continue to contribute to the constructive discourse. Thanks!
    edited December 2014
    I get it @Daganev - you want to be on the same level as people willing to put in the work to get the extra blessings without putting in the work. You don't find it fun and don't want to feel you have to in order to compete. 

I think I'm a pretty successful Pker. I don't upkeep karma blessings, except one here or there. I use teas (which is just supplies like herbs/potions/salves etc, knowing what tea to use is the experience you're talking about). I do have quite a few artifacts, I haven't had a TF regularly for a long time. I don't keep up throne blessing regularly. I still do pretty well. My system is fine tuned to cure in a way I like and a way I work well with. Lots of people like to say that m&m doesn't cure sap or aeon or other things well, but mine does because it's finely tuned. I can tank warriors pretty well with my parrying/stancing set up. I do well because of the experience I put in to learn but I do well without these extra bonuses you seem to think are being touted as required. 

Yes, a chaos blessing will help fight against an Illuminati.  There's no denying it, it's going to help. It doesn't make it required.

I see you influencing Lirangsha quite often. You should be able to maintain karma blessings pretty easily doing that, so it's not something that you need to do specifically for karma. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Where are people asking the admin to d
    Enyalida said:
    I think everyone agrees that buffs/defenses and their relation to damage is kind of out of control right now.  That's literally something that's already in the plans for the overhaul, and has been through several iterations of the affliction overhaul. We know. It's getting fixed. 

And yet, most of the responses were people telling him there was nothing wrong, and he needs to get karma blessings and more defs.

Very confusing.
  • edited December 2014
    Synkarin said:
    I get it @Daganev - you want to be on the same level as people willing to put in the work to get the extra blessings without putting in the work. You don't find it fun and don't want to feel you have to in order to compete. 

I think I'm a pretty successful Pker. I don't upkeep karma blessings, except one here or there. I use teas (which is just supplies like herbs/potions/salves etc, knowing what tea to use is the experience you're talking about). I do have quite a few artifacts, I haven't had a TF regularly for a long time. I don't keep up throne blessing regularly. I still do pretty well. My system is fine tuned to cure in a way I like and a way I work well with. Lots of people like to say that m&m doesn't cure sap or aeon or other things well, but mine does because it's finely tuned. I can tank warriors pretty well with my parrying/stancing set up. I do well because of the experience I put in to learn but I do well without these extra bonuses you seem to think are being touted as required. 

Yes, a chaos blessing will help fight against an Illuminati.  There's no denying it, it's going to help. It doesn't make it required.

I see you influencing Lirangsha quite often. You should be able to maintain karma blessings pretty easily doing that, so it's not something that you need to do specifically for karma. 
    No, you don't get it at all, but that's ok. :D   I sense a lot of reading into things I never said nor intended to say.

I don't like the fact that "you" (and by "you" I mean the playerbase)  thinks all those things you mentioned are adding anything, that is all. It's a simple point.
    I was expressing dissatisfaction with the fact that the general tone of this thread is that "X is not a problem because you can do X,Y,Z" when I feel that X,Y and Z, don't add any meaningful fun to the process, and as you point out, don't actually compensate for skill.

It's just disappointing to me, to see these types arguments being made. Maybe I'm being too meta.

edit: After thinking about this a bit, I probably got a bit bitten by the simplification bug from watching the D&D playtests, and the stuff I'm doing at work, but man, seeing all that chafe fly away feels really liberating.
    Well, then your argument is hard to follow, because that's what I took from it. You may want to try explaining things better so people understand.

I think avoiding death is 'meaningful fun.' I kinda think that's the whole point of combat. Figuring out what's going to keep you alive and what's not. There are steps he can take to avoid those issues, but when people are avoiding those issues without those steps (like Shuyin showed in his logs) then it kind of proves it isn't an issue, and people are suggesting things that would help Arcanis out. 

I guess you just didn't read the entire thread, because I felt that was pretty apparent and well explained.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited December 2014
    Well, here is the thing: I handle Kelly's Cantor combo (as shown in the logs) fine without any special tricks or defenses:
    -I'm a druid, my two class defenses are physical dmp and cold dmp. ( And a smattering of others as eco/shaman, but I usually am not eco and neither provided divinus defense).
    -My one and only combat artifact is my rune of demesnes,
    -I'm an Elfen, not the tankiest race, though somewhat more so than Faeling
    -I don't typically upkeep throne/quest blessings.
    -I don't typically upkeep karma blessings.
    -I DO tinker with my system, some
    -I DO notice (personally, me) when a cantor starts doing warrior attacks, and check my affs.
    -I'm not currently using stagbag very well, and haven't been for some time. It's less of a boon in these cases than most people assume too, due to how it works.

Big one:
    -I survive Kelly's Cantor blast as presented by Arcanis here. (That's not to say I would necessarily endorse or agree with ALL Cantor strategies being totally fair, or whatever.)

In other words, there aren't some arcane hoops Arcanis is being asked to jump through to protect himself from an otherwise air-tight strategy. It's not a matter of some complex and arduous work-around required, it's just plain doing things normally. 

I agree that damage buffing and cosmic damage types should be looked at (As they ARE) across the board... just not with Arcanis's specific complaint.
  • I wasn't making an argument, I was stating an opinion which represents a POV which I felt was missing from the conversation.  I.e, it's a personal preference of mine, that playing the 'find all the defenses game', doesn't enhance the 'let's have a battle of skill game'.  To use what you said as an example,  "Avoiding death" is meaningful fun and  is achieved, as you stated, by your skill, not by your ability to grab the best defenses, since as you said, you don't find the need to always do that.  Despite of course the advice that perhaps that is what others should do.

But let me just point out these two contradictory lines of argument.  (Granted they are being made by different people, but people who I assume think they are agreeing with each other)

Synkarin said:
    , but when people are avoiding those issues without those steps (like Shuyin showed in his logs) then it kind of proves it isn't an issue, and people are suggesting things that would help Arcanis out. 

Enyalida said:

While these can obviously both be true, they can't both be true on the topic of cantor overbalancing. Can you can see that getting both pieces of advice, only makes the situation more confusing?
    Daganev said:
    No, you don't get it at all, but that's ok. :D   I sense a lot of reading into things I never said nor intended to say.

I don't like the fact that "you" (and by "you" I mean the playerbase)  thinks all those things you mentioned are adding anything, that is all. It's a simple point.
    I was expressing dissatisfaction with the fact that the general tone of this thread is that "X is not a problem because you can do X,Y,Z" when I feel that X,Y and Z, don't add any meaningful fun to the process, and as you point out, don't actually compensate for skill.

It's just disappointing to me, to see these types arguments being made. Maybe I'm being too meta.

edit: After thinking about this a bit, I probably got a bit bitten by the simplification bug from watching the D&D playtests, and the stuff I'm doing at work, but man, seeing all that chafe fly away feels really liberating.
    It could also be something as simple as... "Hey, you're missing fire/frost/whatever potion and a nimbus enchant. Get to acquiring those". Problem is, we don't know what's missing because we haven't been provided with any kind of information as to what buffs Arcanis has/uses on a regular basis to be able to tell... "Hey, did you know that galvanism potion gives a 10 dmp to electricity buff?"

I tried asking for that and got nada back, so I'm going to guess that he doesn't want that simple level of assistance and wants help at the higher levels because he already knows of and uses these things. Teas are pretty standard, for instance, and I've used one or another ever since my character was 22 years old, but apparently, teas are high tier stuff? I normally don't use beer as much myself, but it will help tremendously (Plus I'm usually running dracnari when I'm a magical class or dwarf when physical/bard, so that gives an extra boost there too). Kirigami also gives a minor (5 DMP) boost to both offense and defense. Being that practically everyone uses kirigami for combat, it makes it a bit of a must have too. Does Arcanis use them? I have no idea. Again, he never said what all he uses. Tattoos are a one-time investment into getting protective/offensive DMP. If you feel that your health is a bit on the low end, getting full on defensive tattoos is probably a good idea.

None of these things require a massive time or gold investment and should be used at will by everyone who plans to look into PvP. It's not even close to min-maxing. I filled my rift with tea last something along the lines of 20 IG years ago. I still have at least 500 sips of every type when I check now... and one of them I haven't even refilled since that first fill up all the way back then.

Enyalida said:

While these can obviously both be true, they can't both be true on the topic of cantor overbalancing. Can you can see that getting both pieces of advice, only makes the situation more confusing?
    What, why can't they be? Synkarin was pointing out that things have been suggested to Arcanis (upkeeping basic defenses/strategies/curing gambits) and I was confirming: doing nothing special besides upkeeping basic defenses, strategies, and curing gambits... I tend to be fine against the stated problem.
    Enyalida said:
    What, why can't they be? Synkarin was pointing out that things have been suggested to Arcanis (upkeeping basic defenses/strategies/curing gambits) and I was confirming: doing nothing special besides upkeeping basic defenses, strategies, and curing gambits... I tend to be fine against the stated problem.
    I'd also point out that none of us are usually min-maxing against Divinus either because it tends to be something that our allies use. As such, chances are that we'll be taking harder hits from Divinus-type attacks like starchord than people who would likely be focusing on getting protection against that particular type of attack.

There isn't much you can do to defend against cosmic damage types, which is kind of a problem.

I do usually count beer as a high-tier 'extra' because it can carry so many penalties, unlike tea - where you lose nothing by doing it.
    I get the following:

Sobriety  : slightly flushed
    Consumable         Amber Malt         All             15

It is a minor boost, but simply sipping amber malt at mid level alcohol tolerance (Read: Not where you'll be getting withdrawal symptoms without the artifact) will not get you drunk to the fumbling point. (That code might do with some looking too, mind... if I'm just feeling slightly tipsy, I'd say I shouldn't be fumbling as much as it seems to be happening, especially considering I'm an alcoholic and with the arti, but that's a different matter entirely)

But let's say that amber malt is an extra buff and ignore it altogether. It's still quite feasible to counter the attacks we're talking about. Cosmic defenses are tricky, yes... but everyone should be able to get a tattoo and a nimbus enchant, at least.

the buff issue is related to this Cantor issue, but really falls into a different category to me

I don't think damage is too bad, I can handle damage from most people just fine. I've noticed that Celest is going for absolve kills against me nowadays vs damage kills. 

The buff issue is more about the difference between top tiers and middle tiers. Top tiers require things like curios (both buff and resistance), artifacts, tattoos, teas/beers, argleblasters/fruitpizazz's, TF's, artifacts, h/m/e blessings, karma blessings, shrine powers, avatar powers, cult powers, multiple trade skills, splendour robes w/ proofings, and a whole slew of things in addition to skills and regular stuff.

It's a huge gap to cross and people like Shuyin, or Kelly or me have been around long enough to collect these things and keep ourselves on top (though I don't have genies) where as people just starting the game, either need to invest a lot of time and/or money to collect the same things to be on the same level.

The buff issue is going to cap that. It's going to make it so, for example, h/m/e blessings, you'll have a cap of 5 for instance. It means you can use blessings and advantages to a certain point, but you'll never supercede that point. It means that if I use JP (org h/m/e buff), throne blessing, fruitpizazz, I'll acheive the same buff as people using genies, life karma and tosha blessing. Yes, it'll be easier for people with things like genies to maintain those blessings, but I'll be able to get to the same level as them without having genies, where in the current system, I just can't.

What it's going to do is level the playing field, the outlier damage is going to come down, the outlier health levels are going to come down and things are going to be normalized, and the gap between the middle tier and top tier will be a lot closer.

That's what the buff issue is addressing, it's not actually addressing damage in my eyes, it's addressing the entry into combat bar

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.