Simple Ideas

Comments

• Artifact, rune of immovability. This rune grants you the ability to make an item irremovable with a toggle. Can be applied to any clothes/jewelry etc.

EG: Like a curse enchantment only better.
  • Can we have a way to check wounds and what not on people in the arena the same way we can diagnose? Also, it would be super awesome if we could actually have a way to watch the spar. But that is a dream I have been told not to have.
    In Aetolia you can literally arenawatch people - it puts you in the arena in observer mode so you can watch people fight. If they can code it there, that seems doable here?
  • Downside to arenawatch is you see literally every command people enter, without gags that you'd see from logs. So it gets ludicrously spammy with certain people, most of the time you're lucky to have 1/2 of the fight actually in your mudlet buffer.

Get a way to eliminate that, and it'd be great. Maybe not show stratagems / blank lines / commands done while off bal.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • No there is another mode where you can physically walk around the arena and observe what people are doing.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    TIL arenawatch is a thing.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Could clans that don't show up in honors also be able to remain hidden from CLANHELP? Like if you CLANHELP HOGWASH could a message along the lines of, "This clan is private and has decided to not give information on itself away." I think it'd be nice.
  • Remove the 10 artifact rune limit for jewelry items.

If it doesn't already, have leather designs count as armor for damage runes. (and I guess allow them to be placed on jewelry as well?).
  • A message to be sent when you win an election. I know this happens for guild/city/commune elections, but for trademaster elections it doesn't. I only know I became the TM of Treehearth cartel because I red the news and now can submit designs ;)
  • edited January 2017
    Idea: Allow us to unbind credits, at a 50% return. If necessary, cap it at (1k?) credits per year.

ETA: Could also tie this into the special goop economy somehow. Maybe it's a special goop tattoo that's needed to even start the process of unbinding?
  • Aeldra said:

would make the rubbing process to much less painful.
    *teheehee*
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not sure how that would interact with the bonus lessons. Granted, repeatedly binding and unbinding credits like that would result in a strong net loss of lessons when compared to just converting the bound credits, but still.
  • I feel like Seren could benefit from what Glom's gathering mechanic is for the power quest, you only get one and it just goes back into your inventory. You could say it as the pixies hand the leaves back to you.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    I feel like Seren could benefit from what Glom's gathering mechanic is for the power quest, you only get one and it just goes back into your inventory. You could say it as the pixies hand the leaves back to you.
    As long as we can still get multiple :p

there are designs that require them >_>
  • Saran said:
    Dylara said:
    I feel like Seren could benefit from what Glom's gathering mechanic is for the power quest, you only get one and it just goes back into your inventory. You could say it as the pixies hand the leaves back to you.
    As long as we can still get multiple :p

there are designs that require them >_>
    Yep, we have multiple!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited January 2017
    So uh... Why does sap affect things that use equilibrium...? It's a layer of sap over your body. I can understand it'd mess with somantics, but for things like psionics and the dreambody, or even some healing? I'm also a little unsure about physical afflictions being carried into Nirvana. I feel that they should be there upon your return, but not while you're in your Dreambody/Nirvana. Just a point. Last time I made a point like this people decided to go on a 7 page long troll fest! Please, no!  :s

(IS this simple actually? Seems like it belongs more in a combat balance discussion now...)

Edit: The reason I haven't mentioned other magical skill sets is because there are movements in most spellcasting, such as nature curse, minorsecond, cosmicfire, webs, lowmagic, highmagic and so on. Psionics and Dreamweaving are skillsets that specifically don't need the body to move.
  • Tl;dr don't afflict me where I can't harass with DW.
    The playa you love to hate
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Fralunah said:
    So uh... Why does sap affect things that use equilibrium...? It's a layer of sap over your body. I can understand it'd mess with somantics, but for things like psionics and the dreambody, or even some healing? I'm also a little unsure about physical afflictions being carried into Nirvana. I feel that they should be there upon your return, but not while you're in your Dreambody/Nirvana. Just a point. Last time I made a point like this people decided to go on a 7 page long troll fest! Please, no!  :s

(IS this simple actually? Seems like it belongs more in a combat balance discussion now...)

Tip: If an idea is a buff to a person's ability to harass other people, it is not a simple idea.
  • I mean, your dreambody is a reflection of your physical body, so easily explained that mentally you know you're sapped and all your arms are broken so your mind is making your dreambody conform to that.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    (The sap is magic)
  • Enyalida said:
    (The sap is magic)
    Very strong magic.

• When a druid saps you, they sap your mind, and your spirit too. A fate worse than death (or usually followed up by death). :(

• edited January 2017
    @Fralunah - honey, your argument boils down to "It's not realistic". That argument has absolutely no place in a conversation about combat mechanics, and never less so than in a world where the closest thing you have to a friend is a genderbending bipedal talking tree who can sprout wings and a beak, and frequently belches up coins while he's bingeing on the leprechauns' poteen, from the saddle of his woolly mammoth. It's a non-starter, baby.

EDIT: Yes, I am going to keep editing this as long as I can with as many more ridiculous mental images that apply perfectly to the character I play. Hopefully this will drive the point home as well as distracting me from work.
  • I don't really see the point in having any 'physics' at all then, if that's the argument against it, Mrs/Mr genderbending bipedal talking tree who can sprout wings and a beak, and frequently belches up coins while he's bingeing on the leprechauns' poteen from the saddle of his wooly mammoth lady/sir.

I don't see why a warrior has to be in the same room or even continent to decapitate someone, isn't that what mana exists for? 

"Casting this curse on a target who is in the trees will cause sap to coat your victim, causing any action to be delayed from the stickiness of the sap."
    So, it's described as a curse. Okay... But this curse isn't to slow down your victim. The curse is to cover your victim in sap. The delayed actions come from the stickiness of the sap. Sap isn't cured by lucidity slush or a curse curing skill. It's cured by washing the sap off of your body. Sap is physical. This is unlike Aeon which actually slows you down by messing with your time. Aeon is cured by quicksilver. 

I mean, I'll admit that one thing I did pre-nirvana mob angriness and the time it took to get there was to go wash the sap off in the water there... It just feels weird that sap works the way it does. Like... It's just Aeon without the extra time warp stuff?

Broken limbs don't affect the dreambody unless you're in Nirvana.

And this isn't to buff someone's ability to harrass someone Xenthos... It's a suggestion which I feel makes sense, and isn't explicitly dreamweaving.
  • edited January 2017
    Fralunah said:
    I don't really see the point in having any 'physics' at all then, if that's the argument against it, Mrs/Mr genderbending bipedal talking tree who can sprout wings and a beak, and frequently belches up coins while he's bingeing on the leprechauns' poteen from the saddle of his wooly mammoth lady/sir.

That's good to hear... because we don't have physics. We have game mechanics.

I don't see why a warrior has to be in the same room or even continent to decapitate someone, isn't that what mana exists for? 
    Because game mechanics.

"Casting this curse on a target who is in the trees will cause sap to coat your victim, causing any action to be delayed from the stickiness of the sap."
    So, it's described as a curse. Okay... But this curse isn't to slow down your victim. The curse is to cover your victim in sap. The delayed actions come from the stickiness of the sap. Sap isn't cured by lucidity slush or a curse curing skill. It's cured by washing the sap off of your body. Sap is physical. This is unlike Aeon which actually slows you down by messing with your time. Aeon is cured by quicksilver. 

Because game mechanics.

I mean, I'll admit that one thing I did pre-nirvana mob angriness and the time it took to get there was to go wash the sap off in the water there... It just feels weird that sap works the way it does. Like... It's just Aeon without the extra time warp stuff?

Game mechanics.

Broken limbs don't affect the dreambody unless you're in Nirvana.

Q: Guess why? A: G--- m--------. (See if you can fill in the blanks!)

And this isn't to buff someone's ability to harrass someone Xenthos... It's a suggestion which I feel makes sense, and isn't explicitly dreamweaving.

"This isn't realistic"? Are you even listening to me, Fralunah?
  • But then I don't feel like putting up any pretence of game mechanics at all!