Simple Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Probably for the same reason Moon Tarot affects Moon followers, or skills that prone people affect people who can fly or have levitation.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited January 2017
    Physics and consistency are for the sake of immersion, and the rules of the world are held to whenever possible, but game balance takes precedence over "realism" at all times. As it should! Like, we can hold an infinite number of objects in our hands, because that's a case in which realism would diminish gameplay. Adding tons of extra exceptions and rules to combat for the sake of "realistic" skill behavior, as opposed to game balance, is even more nonsensical than wearing 5 pairs of artifact shoes at the same time. 

A completely realistic roleplay environment is fine when you're just writing a scenario out. When there's an entire actual game coded around the roleplay, the mechanics need to be fair and enjoyable first. Sometimes that means you get weird things that everyone just accepts or looks the other way on. It's better this way.
  • well things like wearing 5 pairs of shoes or 3-4 hats etc... Make them runes that can be attached rather than separate items. Which I would actually prefer same with the cloaking gem and few others would clean things up a bit :) 
    Tambador said:
    well things like wearing 5 pairs of shoes or 3-4 hats etc... Make them runes that can be attached rather than separate items. Which I would actually prefer same with the cloaking gem and few others would clean things up a bit :) 
    I do agree, but if they must be separate, I appreciate that we can wear them at the same time.
  • There's something called the "willing suspension of disbelief" in all games, but especially roleplaying ones. Probably just need to take the good with the bad (or just not be caught in situations where you're being sapped).

• edited January 2017
    You cannot wear an ice-rimed necklace bound with a frost-touched gem.

It's so pretty and I want to wear it :disappointed:  Can we please wear the cloaking gems?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Anita said:
    You cannot wear an ice-rimed necklace bound with a frost-touched gem.

It's so pretty and I want to wear it :disappointed:  Can we please wear the cloaking gems?
    You are wearing:
    "necklace27258" an ebon necklace bound with a shadowfire gem

Pretty sure I bug'd it ages ago and they changed it to be wearable.  But in order to wear it (at least the shadowfire one) you have to take your other neck items off and wear it first.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    They are wearable! You likely already have a necklace/choker/cape or something in the slot. However being an artifact it should overlook that, so might need to be bugged (again)!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lavinya said:
    They are wearable! You likely already have a necklace/choker/cape or something in the slot. However being an artifact it should overlook that, so might need to be bugged (again)!
    My most recent bug response was (paraphrased): "Take off your stuff and wear it.  The clothing system is complicated.  We'll get to it when we can but in the meantime you can wear it with this workaround!"
    The neck slot has always been especially weird to me in regards to wearing/removing/rubbing things in it. Delete necks, solve all the problems, clearly.
  • I was so excited to get my gem necklace, but then found I couldn't wear it over my cloak. So I removed my cloak and could wear the necklace, but couldn't rub my mercy choker because of the necklace. Then I tried again later and could wear it over my choker AND rub mercy, but now my cloak blocked rubbing mercy where it hadn't before. I don't even know where to begin with all that.

BUG My neck is broken, pls fix
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • You can't focus you mental abilities while your messed up physically. Simple as that. Try doing long equations in your head while bound and all stickly with sap while someone pokes you with a druid staff.
  • edited January 2017
    Maybe not a simple idea(or might be possible and I haven't seen someone do it), but could the commune/city quests be repeatable once you've completed the epic?

Like a family could get a lesser amount of honour once a year for completing it, similarly a smaller amount of power could go to the org? Or the same, I don't really mind but it seems farmable then
  • Saran said:
    Maybe not a simple idea(or might be possible and I haven't seen someone do it), but could the commune/city quests be repeatable once you've completed the epic?

Like a family could get a lesser amount of honour once a year for completing it, similarly a smaller amount of power could go to the org? Or the same, I don't really mind but it seems farmable then

Not sure what the Seren ones are but well theres nothing stopping you from doing the Glom ones again and again. Naidoren can be done by anyone, raising the throne, releasing the gorgogs, aiding Kravch. I dont even think you need to actually be glom to do most of our epic quest line.
  • Oh, I mean the prophecy bit. For us it's empowering the white hart and all that. It's been so long and I only remember bits of it now, plus it's a nice quest.
  • Aren't they? Nothing stopping people from doing the prophecies, you just don't get the hart/crow/whoever task after I thought?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• yeah, thinking about it more I'm not sure why I have the impression that you can't
  • I could swear I have summoned Night after I got my fingerblade. I know I have helped do the naidorin.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• A way to convert one cartel type to another, (like artisan to cooking), must be one with no designs requested or approved, completely 'clear' cartel. If this is already a thing, please remind me how ^^;

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • One of the most interesting things about my skills is turning into a crow, and I would like to spend more time as a crow. However, there is only one room in the entire game that I seem to be able to use crowform in (my nest), and if I disconnect or die unexpectedly I lose it until I can get back there and spend ten power.

It seems like a pretty important part of the skillset, because so many abilities rely on it. The upkeep and requirements feel overly prohibitive to maintain. Would it be hard to make crowform a permanent change until you release it or change skills? I could add crow features to my description and be assure that I'd have it to use skills when I wanted to.

Unless other classes have to stop what they're doing and return home to redef in a specific room every time they reconnect or die?
  • There's actually a skill to bring your nest to you in wyrd environment, it does cost power but stays longer than it takes to regen it.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited January 2017
    Dylara said:
    There's actually a skill to bring your nest to you in wyrd environment, it does cost power but stays longer than it takes to regen it.
    That is interesting and useful.

I guess I would still like to stay a crow for the purpose of staying a crow, but I'm happy that there is at least an alternative. It would be nice if I could 'be a crow' the same way Wyrdenwood can 'be a tree'. I would feel strange adding crow features to my description if I'm not always going to be feathered.

Edit: Or maybe if losing the defense at log-out is important to make sure people are staying in Glomdoring, it could be adjusted to molt once a year? It would be nice to keep the same way that Nightwraith does, so that I'm not spending 10 (or 13) power keeping myself in crow form.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Orventa said:
    A way to convert one cartel type to another, (like artisan to cooking), must be one with no designs requested or approved, completely 'clear' cartel. If this is already a thing, please remind me how ^^;
    MARKET ISO Cooking cartel. Trading Artisan cartel for it, no designs. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Jaspet said:
    Dylara said:
    There's actually a skill to bring your nest to you in wyrd environment, it does cost power but stays longer than it takes to regen it.
    That is interesting and useful.

I guess I would still like to stay a crow for the purpose of staying a crow, but I'm happy that there is at least an alternative. It would be nice if I could 'be a crow' the same way Wyrdenwood can 'be a tree'. I would feel strange adding crow features to my description if I'm not always going to be feathered.

Edit: Or maybe if losing the defense at log-out is important to make sure people are staying in Glomdoring, it could be adjusted to molt once a year? It would be nice to keep the same way that Nightwraith does, so that I'm not spending 10 (or 13) power keeping myself in crow form.
    People tend to ignore/poopoo this when I bring it up, but wearing your crow cloak turns you into a crow. (it even describes  you growing a beak!).
    It lets you fly while wearing it because you have the lesser form of crow. Crowform the trans ability works everywhere, you just have to be in your nest to get it. It negates the need to wear your cloak to use Crow skills, and stays through death last I checked. Though not logging out/disconnection.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2017
    Edit: Wrong thread!
  • I'm sure someone has asked for this already, but I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want to be able to #emote at items in your inv or the room. So like when I EMOTE clutches #pipe pensively, you see:

Reyqae clutches an iridescent pearl pipe pensively.

One of the reasons I love that feature is because it allows you to draw attention to the really neat items that artists and crafters have created without having to do showoff spam. And it just gives more flavor to whatever you're doing. So... can we have this toy prettyprettyprettyplease?