Simple Ideas

Comments

• Traps give a small amount of goop.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Boo.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460

• Aeldra said:
    Steingrim said:
    Saran said:
    Could goop items be searchable by org theme? 

I'm lazy and just want to browse a list of Seren themed stuff :P
    Goop does seem to warrant some type of sorting (and again another request for filtering when using ARTIFACTS) if done can we at least add a GOOP SKINS or GOOP RESKINS?
    Last I checked you can search artifacts by using ARTIFACTS <name>, e. g. using ARTIFACTS RUNE yields anything called 'rune' to me.
    Am I bugged then?

https://gyazo.com/6f1cd4a9732e35be5e49b2f02abb5935
  • oooh, could bookshelves optionally conceal/block exits?

you could PULL them to open them and push them to conceal them again. Probably one way cause opening them from the other side could get complicated.
  • edited February 2017
    For those of us who have little or no interest in curios, the whole trading system doesn't work when trying to trade stuff away to the people who actually want them. On the off-chance I do want a curio, I can buy a completed one from somebody for dingbats or credits. But if somebody actually wants one of the pieces I've stumbled across, I can't return the favor without them trading away yet another piece I don't want.

Is there a reason pieces can only be traded for pieces? If not could we have the option to just sell them outright?

Right now we can do the same exact thing anyway by transferring credits outside the curio syntax, but with a redundant trade.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There is, in fact, a reason why pieces can only be traded for pieces.

Once upon a time there was no such requirement.  You could also rub curio pieces down and get Wheel coins out of them.  This meant that you could transfer bound credits and invested lessons from one character to another:
    1) FORGET skills, turn bound credits into lessons.
    2) Convert lessons into curios.
    3) Give all your curios to your alt (illegal, but happened) or friend (also happened).
    4) The new curio piece owner could rub them down for a whole pile of free Wheel spins!
    -
    And here's where it really broke:
    5) Roll up new characters, level them up a tiny bit to get more free bound credits / lessons, turn all those into curio pieces and pass them along, repeat.  You could make your very own personal newbie farm.

The first solution to this was: No giving curio pieces away.  Eventually there were other changes (such as rubbing curios no longer giving coins) that rendered the first solution moot, but it was never actually removed (though we have asked for it).

I am also hopeful that someday we'll get a better curio trading system.  I was actually speaking about that a couple days ago with one of the Admin team as something I'd like to see. :)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited February 2017
    The thing is currently trading pieces is no more abusable than just melting yourself down and sending someone the goop instead.

I suppose the fix to stop alt abuse is to require both people online during the transaction, so we don't have another Jerica scenario.

Not sure if the admin can IP log any transactions regarding trading of curios and goop etc to ensure someone isn't being used to merely ping pong it, but abusers tend to make it obvious and get caught out. 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or just make it so that you have to qualify as a mentor to trade away curios to gold
  • Allow lessons in a Lesson Pool (i.e Mind) to be transferred back to the Free section. Effectively make Free a Pool. So that those lessons can be used for skill/classflexing.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Enyalida said:
    Allow everyone to build a full gestalt with no investment in dramatics. The dramatics skills limit only the PvE bonus of having a gestalt. 

Its dumb to have a minigame that only omnitrans or very invested characters can participate in. 
    Definitely, absolutely yes. We'd probably see more people actually interested in ikons beyond eating them for exp buffs if you could play the game without being heavily invested in a relatively unimportant skillset.
  • edited February 2017
    Baldrics for sheathing shields
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Luce said:
    SPINS
    You have spun the Wheel of Tzaraziko 23 times.
    If you spin another 27 times you will earn 1 ascension disc!
    If you spin another 487 times you will earn 500 credits!
    It should also give out a free join to the Wheel Addicts anonymous clan once you have spun enough ;) But yeah, knowing that would be interesting.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Steingrim said:

Aeldra said:
    Steingrim said:
    Saran said:
    Could goop items be searchable by org theme? 

I'm lazy and just want to browse a list of Seren themed stuff :P
    Goop does seem to warrant some type of sorting (and again another request for filtering when using ARTIFACTS) if done can we at least add a GOOP SKINS or GOOP RESKINS?
    Last I checked you can search artifacts by using ARTIFACTS <name>, e. g. using ARTIFACTS RUNE yields anything called 'rune' to me.
    Am I bugged then?

https://gyazo.com/6f1cd4a9732e35be5e49b2f02abb5935
    ARTIFACTS LIST <search string> is the correct syntax.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited February 2017
    I'd very much like mage staffs to be targettable by a different alias (magestaff or <element>staff [i.e. firestaff, waterstaff, airstaff, earthstaff]), since owning the Soulless staff curio means I have to stay updated on what the weapon number of my staff is to be able to wield and (more importantly) unleash.

EDIT: Apparently this was already a thing or someone hotfixed it after I posted. If the latter, thank you!

It has the following aliases: staff, flamestaff, basalt.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I would love to be able to turn aethergoop candies into goop (ideally into the amount required create them...).
  • I'd like to be able to trade goop for dingbats with folks

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    I'd like to be able to trade goop for dingbats with folks
    You can already do this indirectly. There isn't going to be a direct command for it probably given there is the gold transfer fee for trading goop.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Orventa said:
    I'd like to be able to trade goop for dingbats with folks
    You can already do this indirectly. There isn't going to be a direct command for it probably given there is the gold transfer fee for trading goop.
    The gold fee is automatically at times and could be on top of any other trades.
  • Everything else has an IN(RIFT/LIQUID/INSERTSPACE) ALL/EVERYTHING, except for Tarot.
    Can we cut paste some code in there, or would it be one of those seemingly easy, but horribly stupid timesinks?
    Is also the Shintar.
  • edited February 2017
    Nayl said:
    Everything else has an IN(RIFT/LIQUID/INSERTSPACE) ALL/EVERYTHING, except for Tarot.
    Can we cut paste some code in there, or would it be one of those seemingly easy, but horribly stupid timesinks?
    Yes please!

Also, long time no see. :)

Edit: Am noob XD
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • IND EVERYTHING is the command.
  • edited February 2017
    Would be nice to have crystalspun crystals automatically deactivated on first spinning them. That way I can just do my activate all, and it's good to go. I know I miss/waste charges in between setting the ones I want up and targeting myself, and I'd rather not do the spin, deactivate, spin deactivate dance. I know there's the command to fill the whole plex, but I don't need all those gems at once since I'm a noncom.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • Report 1584 is submitted now for a huge upgrade to the ease of use for the crystalplex, but I don't think your idea is specifically included. Maybe it could be appended onto that. Or, there could possibly be a syntax like CRYSTALSPIN TURQUOISE [DORMANT], since many researchers are going to want them active as soon as possible.

• edited February 2017
    @Maligorn That would be good, another idea that just crossed my mind would be for the charges not tick down until a target was specified. That way they're still active and nothing is wasted.

Another thing that's unrelated. Can we please get rid of the additional xp loss from praying? I just lost all the xp I spent an hour grinding :neutral::(  I know it's not cool to compare IREs, but Imperian doesn't have xp loss on death, and I liked that feature from when I last poked around there.

• edited February 2017
    Could we have a button to disable reactives from woodchems?

We were having a snowball fight and they kept triggering >_>

Like, I guess it could be useful if you want to test getting hit by stuff without hitting back? Non-forceable of course.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can cities customize their "You've got mail" message?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Can cities customize their "You've got mail" message?

You can ask your city leader to ask the patron for it to be changed. I set them to happy defaults based on the room name, but it's a quick enough change to modify them. Making it city-editable, however, is not really that simple.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Can/should bremeister beers and teas be referencable by their type in wares?

I can't seem to just find "darkbeer" for example which would be suuuper handy.