Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Also yeah I'm not sure where the implication that Gaudi has all the Pkers is coming from when I routinely have to fight like 12-15 people in non defense situations every time.

Don't make me have to name names or else we'll get lost in counting who is and isn't a pker.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    PK spawns more PK. active pk groups encourages more active PKers. Saying the opposite, that it's bad for the game, is not accurate. I think people are conflating their org/alliance with the health of the game.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    I just don't think that's as true anymore. And I'm hesitant to tell you to prove me wrong :P

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It's definitely wrong, or else, Magnagora would have someone come on between 6am-10am at one point in the past 5 years to stop the Inagin/Draylor/Taevyn lolraids.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Your Aussies obviously need to fight enemy Aussie trolls :p
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    Well since I've been playing the cycle has been Celest/serenwilde->magnagora->glomdoring-back to Celest. Each was led by an entirely different group of PKers. It isn't like we don't have years of Lusternian history to demonstrate this. The same group didn't just flat around every org. Though, admittedly, a couple have been part of more than 1 org at its peak but not many, and not all orgs.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Silea said:

Your Aussies obviously need to fight enemy Aussie trolls :p

We don't have the same active Aussie population anymore (No Leolamins or Akyaevin for example), and some of us suffered through it every evening for a long time and now prefer to do other things with their time than die pointlessly.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2015
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_dogWhat Celina really needs is a blink dog that snarls at Elanorwen's displacer beast.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ALL THIS TEXT WALLING AND I'M JUST

...hi.

I am sorry I write such short and boring lines.

• @Celina to her new custom beast.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Damut said:

ALL THIS TEXT WALLING AND I'M JUST

...hi.

I am sorry I write such short and boring lines.

Psh.  So was I for the longest time.  Then rping with other people who were verbose made me verbose.  By the by, I enjoyed the brief chance we had to talk today, and I plan on seeking you out more often when I see you online.  So, beware.  :D
  • Feel free to bother me!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Seeking more alliterators for the market channel.

19) 2015/04/22 04:01:36 - Septim: "Septim the smith, shaping squares of steel into superior shells for the safety of society."
    20) 2015/04/22 04:02:21 - Tremula: "Potions and poultices produced, prices placed at purveyor's precotious perception of your person."
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • (psst: It's "precocious")

• edited April 2015
    Silvanus said:

It's definitely wrong, or else, Magnagora would have someone come on between 6am-10am at one point in the past 5 years to stop the Inagin/Draylor/Taevyn lolraids.

I don't see how off-peak for me is off-peak for everyone else. Ever. It doesn't make sense in my mind.

Also, the fact that there have been times when I wake up and check logs, and at 2 am in the morning MY time, when normally I WOULD be one of the only people here, and nobody else, there have been raids and things have died.

So get over it.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

Offpeak is kind of a misnomer. How about, "intentionally raiding at a time when the opposing team has very little chance of being able to competently oppose you".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Offpeak is kind of a misnomer. How about, "intentionally raiding at a time when the opposing team has very little chance of being able to competently oppose you".

At times I have had 6 people come up to stop me, and some days, at the exact same time, nobody comes. Again, nothing I can control.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

Notice how I said that it has been going on for five years, at the exact same times? This isn't an isolated incident. You are not the only one. This has been complained about for a long time. I won't get over it. I think it is extremely pathetic and detrimental to the game. I've made public announcements before, they've been ignored. 

Your actions are detrimental to the game. If you don't see that yet, I don't know what to tell you. You physically make people not want to be here because it is the same bullshit every single day at the same time when people don't want to deal with that.

You can continue to ignore this. I hope the public will eventually turn on you and call you out for the actions that you continue with(and mock it by dropping a bunch of flamed salt packets, how low can you go?) after being asked multiple times to be stopped.

You've provided nothing but annoyance, you continue to do it and mock people after being asked to stop, and you offer no suggestions to make raiding reasonable, or offered no compromise for anything. You just continue to persist in actions that have been called out as being detrimental, across the board, since the beginning of the game. There is a reason why all these changes have been made to make raiding harder (discretionaries, massive exp loss, minimum exp loss for defenders, some other stuff probably), except when you bypass that under the guise of saying that 6am-10am American time is the only time I can raid! (Yet you raided at one reasonable time(11pm) for Magnagora and died, and haven't come back since at a reasonable time).

I won't fight fire with fire, I'm not going to stoop to your levels to annoy people and accomplish nothing in a terrible attempt to find good PK (Hint: you won't get it). I will just call out your bullshit at every chance I get, and eventually, if it keeps going, the only thing left is to email support like what happened to me years ago back when I was a teenager with something to prove over the internet.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You are logged on right now.

If you are unwilling to raid at this time, you shouldn't be raiding between 6-10am only. I expect to see you on Nil more often during reasonable times.

But I know that won't happen.
  • edited April 2015
    So, you tell me about how actions are not making people want to play, yet proceed to try and dictate the way I am supposed to do things?

I don't raid all the time. I go weeks without raiding sometimes. I raid at times that are reasonable for me. I will not be told how I am supposed to play a game, and I won't stand for being insulted over a public forum.

I didn't go back, because, you know, when you get knocked off equilibrium for 9 seconds due to ripple, it kinda means I can't do anything. I achieved what I set out to, and I am happy about it. Sorry that, you know, unlike some people who sit in manses all day and do nothing, even if their planes are being raided, I had things to do.

Are you also telling me, that, Arcanis' continual shit with setting fire to Glomdoring and cutting down it's trees is not affecting them? And yet, the only person you seem to insult here is myself. All I can see is you standing by and letting that happen with not a care in the world. Oh don't tell me, 'it's just Arcanis doing his thing' Like everyone else says, because you continue to make posts doing nothing but utterly bitch about me raiding at times that are reasonable to ME, and not about other peoples problems, nor do you seem to even express care in the slightest.

And teenagers with something to prove over the internet? Looks like you haven't grown up at all, to me.

Ladies, ladies. You're both pretty.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:

Ladies, ladies. You're both pretty.

I am, aren't I?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Arcanis was handled.

Yes, people suggested I handled it, and I did.

Point is moot. People asked to dictate because it was detrimental, I did, because I know what it means.

You just ignore it, and pour salt all over the wound.
  • Silvanus said:

Arcanis was handled.

Yes, people suggested I handled it, and I did.

Point is moot. People asked to dictate because it was detrimental, I did, because I know what it means.

You just ignore it, and pour salt all over the wound.
    You say it was handled, yet, days ago the place was on fire, and there are still saplings, might I add, ones that have been cut down, all over Glomdoring.
    Sounds handled to me.

Talk to me in a week.

It was handled. Recently. I  gave no time frame. The complaint was given to me recently, and something was done about it, recently. I've given this complaint plenty of times over five years and been ignored.
  • edited April 2015
    So, you said it was handled, but now say it is not and needs time. You can't retort my argument with such a statement and then correct yourself, and at the same time say my point was moot. Because, to me, that was all you had to go against my argument.

It was handled yesterday. You referenced an incident days ago.

If you want to see it continue to be handled, you can wait a week and see how responsible people act towards the people they are around.

You do you. I am just going to be me and call out your bullshit.
  • edited April 2015
    Silvanus said:

It was handled yesterday. You referenced an incident days ago.

If you want to see it continue to be handled, you can wait a week and see how responsible people act towards the people they are around.

You do you. I am just going to be me and call out your bullshit.
    I didn't say how many days ago, and as an inclusive statement, funnily enough, could potentially include yesterday.

Hey, can we take this to pm's? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.