Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The more people they have on their Avenger list, the more expensive that removing it is
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Someone was trying to point out that cursing a person removes you from their bullied list, making it cheap to remove again.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:

Joasia had been a favourite of Kaenalye, Maylea's lost sister-mate,

So Maylea was first with Kaenalye before Nocht. Very interesting

Old news. Pretty sure I recall reading about that one back in my Hartstone days. Kaenalye that is, not Joasia.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Celina said:

Allehnon said:

This is a bit after the fact, but @Celina for killing me on Water the other day and then being nice enough to answer a question about how she did it. It's nice to see people willing to help others learn, even if on opposite sides.

Aw geeze. Ruining my reputation.

I seem to recall her doing that with me when I was a babby aqua, trying to get a kill of some description off on her. Asked for advice and was told it was pointless to try to TK an SD who had choke and a full entourage up. As opposed to certain other Glomdoritos, who just went 'lol, suck it up and lrn2pk' (para) and also criticized my 'first kill evar' post.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    @Celina inspires me to want to care about PK.

Then I come to my senses and go back to sobbing in my manse.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Man I wish people asked for advice instead of sending insults or snide serpent comments :(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    INVOKE SPRING SOJIRO.
  • Tremula said:

Once I got a harmony karma curse off on a Celestian, and they didn't notice it (albeit it was during an astral bash). I managed to soak in almost a hundred thousand essence before they figured it out. Also, I believe that the longer they have the curse, the more it costs to get rid of it?

I think all curses increase in potency the longer they're in place, but the cost doesn't change.
  • Tremula said:

Once I got a harmony karma curse off on a Celestian, and they didn't notice it (albeit it was during an astral bash). I managed to soak in almost a hundred thousand essence before they figured it out. Also, I believe that the longer they have the curse, the more it costs to get rid of it?

I prefer to Justice curse people who are astral bashing. Generally they have harmony up so it blocks it, and justice increased damage. /shrug.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2015
    Having had a ton of fun with the Gaudi goon squad over the weekend, albeit for only a brief time, seriously considering how I want to move forward in the game. As much as I <3 Glom, it's really not a PK friendly environment unless you only want to raid midbie Serens all day, and this whole getting attacked by Celest on a couple of occasions and being told to just brush it off and not get involved, even going so far as to be told I should "just leave," when they jump on me is getting on my last nerve. If people attack me, I'm going to feed them their own teeth, and that's just the way it's going to be. Gosh, it's even to the point where I've been told I just just avoid PKing Serens, the people who raid us, if Celest is hanging out with them. 

If I'm honest about it, it hasn't been that fun of a return outside of the wanton murder I do on my own or with the occasional PK buddy. Too much red tape.

I have so much invested in Glom though, and I think they'll pull out of it. Eventually. It's a hard choice. to Illumi-naughty or not to illumi-naughty. That is the question. 
  • Xenthos said:

INVOKE SPRING SOJIRO.

What is this refering to?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:

Xenthos said:

INVOKE SPRING SOJIRO.

What is this refering to?
    Attack that strips defenses. You can use it on people hiding behind prismatic barriers. 
  • Sounded to me like something from a Japanese anime.

"EVOKE SPRING SOJIRO."
    "HAI XENTHOS-SAN."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited April 2015
    I almost single-handedly won the sea battle. *dances*

Why wasn't it this easy when I actually needed to win it?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Celina said:

Having had a ton of fun with the Gaudi goon squad over the weekend, albeit for only a brief time, seriously considering how I want to move forward in the game. As much as I <3 Glom, it's really not a PK friendly environment unless you only want to raid midbie Serens all day, and this whole getting attacked by Celest on a couple of occasions and being told to just brush it off and not get involved, even going so far as to be told I should "just leave," when they jump on me is getting on my last nerve. If people attack me, I'm going to feed them their own teeth, and that's just the way it's going to be. Gosh, it's even to the point where I've been told I just just avoid PKing Serens, the people who raid us, if Celest is hanging out with them. 

If I'm honest about it, it hasn't been that fun of a return outside of the wanton murder I do on my own or with the occasional PK buddy. Too much red tape.

I have so much invested in Glom though, and I think they'll pull out of it. Eventually. It's a hard choice. to Illumi-naughty or not to illumi-naughty. That is the question. 
    You can come join the Goon squad anyday. We're waiting with open arms!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TauTau
    edited April 2015
    @Celina, I wouldn't worry about PKing Serens if there are Celestians hanging out. Just do it, but leave those individuals alone unless they choose to defend. Thats how I've been dealing with this whole diplomatic weirdness, and I don't get crap for it, so w/e
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I do wish that all of the experienced and dedicated PKers would not clump into the same organization/alliance, since it inevitably turns into an unhealthy PK dynamic. But I certainly understand wanting to play with your friends and the winners (that's really not sarcastic - I get it).

That said, @Celina, I think you're a little impatient to have things your way, which probably doesn't sit well with people on all sides, especially when you've just come back and it's like, "Who the hell is this hag?" I'm not sure why you're judging your displeasure based on raiding woes. I think you would have fun just joining Gaudi/Mag in more conflict events, and that's where everyone fights nowadays anyway. I also think that Celest would be more empathetic with leaving you alone (and not helping Seren) if you didn't go out of your way to try to piss them off, but I probably didn't have to say that. You know what you're doing. :)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shuyin said:

Man I wish people asked for advice instead of sending insults or snide serpent comments :(

Just start throwing out little things without prompting. I think, at least from the perspective of the littles in your own org, they might not even be sure what the key things are that they're missing, or how to go about making/scripting them. In other words, they might not even know what they need to be asking about! And I've learned the most I know from picking at simple scripts that I can actually process instead of just having my eyes glaze over.

People ask me things, but I usually have no idea wtf to even suggest. Oh, you use MUSHclient? Um, yeah... sorry. :(

Kaimanahi said:

I do wish that all of the experienced and dedicated PKers would not clump into the same organization/alliance, since it inevitably turns into an unhealthy PK dynamic. But I certainly understand wanting to play with your friends and the winners (that's really not sarcastic - I get it).

That said, @Celina, I think you're a little impatient to have things your way, which probably doesn't sit well with people on all sides, especially when you've just come back and it's like, "Who the hell is this hag?" I'm not sure why you're judging your displeasure based on raiding woes. I think you would have fun just joining Gaudi/Mag in more conflict events, and that's where everyone fights nowadays anyway. I also think that Celest would be more empathetic with leaving you alone (and not helping Seren) if you didn't go out of your way to try to piss them off, but I probably didn't have to say that. You know what you're doing. :)
    I'm definitely impatient. :( I totally admit to antagonizing Celest, and it's actually not Celest that bugs me! I'm cool with the conflict there, both sides RP it out, it's copacetic. I honestly have no OOC issue with how Celest is doing things, it's purely RP. Getting attacked/jumped is actually more exciting than the tedium or repetitious raids for me. It's really how my side reacts to it, and it's characters I've played with forever. It's being bored and wanting to engage in PK my side constantly pulling on the reigns, and then wagging their finger over something stupid like walking in on the Gaudi v celest/halli/seren ordeal. I actually had no idea what was going on, I saw someone die to lobs, went to check it out and got a tahto to the face, then a shofa to the face, and so I stuck around. I explain that to my side and the Court goes "oh you should have just left." What. The first interesting bout of PK for me in a while, and I didn't even start it, and they want me to just peace out. I didn't even complain about Kierstin attacking me, I get it. It was assumed I was part of the gank and so I was targeted. We PK'd it out. I was cool. Then I get bitchy referendums about me and drama. The PK is fun, when I can find it, the drama is getting old. 

Part of it is also I just hate leading, and I inevitably end up leading raids just because I'm obvious PK person and I collect people in my entourage just by being present. I'm a decentish teacher (sometimes. maybe.), but people tend to just die when I lead. It's probably selfish, but yeah, it's PKing with friends and people who know what they are doing that is the most exciting. 
  • As someone who isn't really into combat, and dealing with raids pretty frequently lately, I.. am going to be the jerk here and actually say, while I obviously don't enjoy it on an IC level, I kind-of do on an out-of-character level, now.

I know I have absolutely no chance in hell, at all, whatsoever, of even scratching Celina, Illidaen, or the like, but it's definitely giving me an opportunity to do some hands-on learning, and I'm starting to get out of that awkward freeze-up-terror-omg phase when it comes to combat.

• I know I have absolutely no chance in hell, at all, whatsoever, of even scratching Celina, Illidaen, or the like, but it's definitely giving me an opportunity to do some hands-on learning, and I'm starting to get out of that awkward freeze-up-terror-omg phase when it comes to combat.
    I love your attitude about this, you'll do great, I think. :) I just want to add one thing.

The only reason you wouldn't have any chance at all is when you haven't even entered the battle yet (like right now) and you already believe that is the case. We -always- have a chance, even against the top-tier. Especially in groups, it really doesn't take much skill to be a real annoyance to them, and a really big help to your side. 

I think people severely underestimate what they're actually capable of, and that's not going to do anyone any favors. I'm by NO measure a good combatant, I'd even say I'm pretty bad at it. But even I have killed Shuyin before. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Rheatsis said:

As someone who isn't really into combat, and dealing with raids pretty frequently lately, I.. am going to be the jerk here and actually say, while I obviously don't enjoy it on an IC level, I kind-of do on an out-of-character level, now.

I know I have absolutely no chance in hell, at all, whatsoever, of even scratching Celina, Illidaen, or the like, but it's definitely giving me an opportunity to do some hands-on learning, and I'm starting to get out of that awkward freeze-up-terror-omg phase when it comes to combat.
    You scratched me! I even got killed.  
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I personally think Celina should keep on doing what she's doing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited April 2015
    P.S. I think i've decided on a giant zombie ur'toad. Like a toad I murdered then ressurected a la Brennan and mutated to monstrous proportions. 

edit: that belches crows. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Man, I'd welcome you but even I think Glom is more your thing atm.

When it comes to alliances and playing with friends, I think as much as we'd prefer people to spread out, it's obvious that people also like winning. Also, given the numbers in orgs, sometimes you have no choice but to buddy up. I'm certainly never gonna see SW and Halli try things on their own (due to a variety of circumstances I'm sure) so I get that they'd always need a buddy to get a slice of the pk pie.

But hey, if every org wants to break things off with each other, goon squad is game.

Re: advice - I've never refused to give it, I just hardly get requests!

PS I wish we won as often as I imply, it's mostly bravado and I feel I can accurately gauge how things are currently going, and it's gonna be tough times for a while IMO.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    To be absolutely fair, this part of the NAP treaty (which I'm sure is echoed in Celest's) is absolutely kicking Glomdoring in the nuts and should be removed:

I. The following circumstances are exempt from the Clauses and Articles
       of this Treaty and do not constitute breaches of its Terms and
       Agreements:

ii. Combats involving a citizen of one signatory nation defending
           an allied third party nation against attacks by the other
           signatory nation's citizens.

It basically says we can beat up Glomdoring whenever we want, but they can't do it back.

@Celina I also echo what everyone's saying -- wanting to play with your friends is easily a justifiable thing, and the game should be played for fun, 100%. It's just that -- when you left, you left because the PK environment had changed. It's still changed. No one is about that griefer lyfe for a variety of reasons. And trying to bullhead your way into getting back friendly with Gaudiguch isn't going to work. You're going to need some of that special Night-Vira subtlety to push the Shadow Court into wanting them back, considering that you have these hurdles: the eaf incident, and Marcella as Warlord.

I also echo @Kaimanahi in that it's really, really discouraging and harmful to the game for all you guys to be in one place. You're a tightly knit, extremely effective and deadly force @ gaudy squad. Not sucking up, not blowing sunshine up your asses, it's just a fact. And unfortunately, having fun with PK is at the enemy team's expense for the most part, which means the winners keep winning and the losers...well, qq to find greener pastures in other games.

You also have to keep in mind that Celest, Hallifax (and even Serenwilde) were willing to ceasefire with Glomdoring when it was at its weakest instead of taking the opportunity to raze it to the ground while we had the chance. Again, that's the PK environment changing. We all know OOC that that's a rough deal and it's just not gonna fly with our low population, so I feel like there was a lot of OOC feelings of "we're not gonna antagonize these guys until they get back on their feet, and we might even be friends by then", and of course IC with the Ascension so close during that critical time of alliances. If you want to see who Glomdoring banked on in their time of deadness, you only need to see who got ascended.

My advice to you, if you really want to go back to Gaudimag, is to work the Shadow Court as often as you can with legitimate evidence and arguments, and not bully your way back. You came back when Glomdoring was already on an upswing without you, so your word isn't as law anymore, despite your prowess. Right now to most Gloms, sticking with the current situation seems to be what's getting them through life. We (Hallifax and Celest) gave domoths, villages, etc etc to Glom willingly, and you're going to have to somehow sway opinions in a way that isn't off-putting, while also acquiescing concerns about Marcella and Arcanis.

The last thing we need is Celina the Illuminatus, I think the game would break from the cheese and arrogance (no offense).

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Shuyin said:

PS I wish we won as often as I imply, it's mostly bravado and I feel I can accurately gauge how things are currently going, and it's gonna be tough times for a while IMO.

Things are going a lot more well for you than they should, considering the circumstances, because of your raw stronkness. You own half the domoths, consistently win Wildnodes, all in a 3v2 / 4v2 situation. I shudder to think what would happen if Glom rejoined you guys in force :P

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Heck, I think I got close to dropping Shuyin the other day during the revolt-a-thon, since I'm a nub and tend to target the wrong people.  But it was cool seeing him at 2.something-k, bleeding for 1.2k-ish, and getting turned on by the people there with him :D

It's settled. My mount is....

Plus...

This discussion has been closed.