Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Annick said:
    You stated Gloms player base... Pointed out not entire player base believed such. Kaervas and Nyla were having an argument at the Master Ravenwood in which Kaer brought in a geomancer to show why it was tainted. Nyla still disagreed Kaer got mad and kicked me out. Yay now guild leaders cannot be kicked out by just one person. Also Nyla can walk freely around Glom as he is not an enemy of Glom
    I'd be surprised if Nyla wasn't an enemy of the Blacktalon still, and as such, he cannot walk freely around Glomdoring.  I've not heard anything about him getting that whole thing sorted out (though I don't know everything that they've done throughout time, so feel free to surprise me if you did ;) ).

And I am, again, going to point out that you are referring to what Celina calls the "Fainite Takeover".  That wasn't Glomdoring's actual playerbase, that was an intentional effort by certain people to subvert the new organization to be something entirely different.

For example, let's say I joined Serenwilde.  The entire time I was there, I pushed for Serenwilde to become Wyrden, because it's clearly superior.  I reported to Viravain / Nocht, I did what they wanted and pursued Glomdoring interests.  Even though mechanically I am in Serenwilde, I am not being a Serenwilder.  I'm still nothing more than a member of Glomdoring, pushing Glomdoring's agenda, but I can do so directly from inside their CT / newsboards / etc.

I wouldn't last very long there, either.  I'd either have to shape up (and actually become a Serenwilder in beliefs) or ship out back to Glomdoring.  They're certainly not going to put up with me converting / confusing all their littlefolk, and if I did it I wouldn't suddenly be able to claim some "divide" in Serenwilde's beliefs (because it's entirely artificial, made up by me).
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Alliances are just so weird lately.

• Maligorn said:
    Alliances are just so weird lately.
    I think it is the lack of the proper alliance structures that has them so weird. We were just discussing in a clan how we had no idea who was fighting who and defending who and just gave up on trying to understand it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't think they're weird

Celest+Halli are buddy buddy, Mag and Gaudi are buddy buddy

Seren and Glom are fighting

Mag is buddying up to Seren and fighting Glom

Gaudi and Glom kind of ignore each other for the most part, walking a tightrope of keeping friends while not trying to push them one way or the other.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Taylor's Swift's Bad Blood is so appropriate re: alliances.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2015
    I went to Delport and decided I didn't want to angst with Serenwilde over fighting for it, though I'm sure we would've come out ahead, so I went to Stewartsville. Saw only one person there, summoned the Hallipersonnel and began knocking it out. Gloms asked us to support them, then Mags started filtering in (tolerated mainly because there were no fighters around and everything was already influenced and everyone was focused on influencing), until we started picking off the Mags. Then Serens won Delport and came to Stewarts to kill Gloms and Mags, though only Camberre was hostile to Hallifax. I ended up killing a Glom who I thought was a Gaudi and then killing Camberre because he was being a boob.

So it was really awkward because we had this honour guard that had a maverick (with serious tensions), and Glom trying to support us (eventually) but under threat of violence from Serens who refused to unoccupy the village and not attack Gloms by request of Hallifax.

It's great for the Motherland but just overall feel like we cheated that win, or something. :S

• Flying doesn tstop tyou from falling into hole with gravediggers :(
  • I've been flying over pits all the time... Of course, you have to be flying when you enter the room.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Makaela said:
    Flying doesn tstop tyou from falling into hole with gravediggers :(
    Uh, it actually does. I'm not sure how you fell into the pit while flying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Makaela said:
    Flying doesn tstop tyou from falling into hole with gravediggers :(
    Uh, it actually does. I'm not sure how you fell into the pit while flying.
    Used to be you could land on a pit and ignore it, which was changed a while back to account for the icediggers. I'd assume if you get knocked out of the air by winds it would have the same effect. Other than that, if you fell into a pit and were properly flying, feel free to BUG it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Maligorn said:
    I went to Delport and decided I didn't want to angst with Serenwilde over fighting for it, though I'm sure we would've come out ahead, so I went to Stewartsville. Saw only one person there, summoned the Hallipersonnel and began knocking it out. Gloms asked us to support them, then Mags started filtering in (tolerated mainly because there were no fighters around and everything was already influenced and everyone was focused on influencing), until we started picking off the Mags. Then Serens won Delport and came to Stewarts to kill Gloms and Mags, though only Camberre was hostile to Hallifax. I ended up killing a Glom who I thought was a Gaudi and then killing Camberre because he was being a boob.

This haphazard explanation, which also doesnt completely define the craziness going on during that revolt, is why that it is indeed weird right now.
  • edited May 2015
    I knew when I logged on in the middle of a revolt that I could log off quickly and quietly, or I could go to Stewartsville, contribute nothing of value, and die horribly.

Guess which one I did.

I can't even be mad. I literally just turncoated late last night, so it's not surprising I still show up as a Gaudi to people with nametrackers. It's nice to know the whole thing was buggered all around, anyways. Plus, this taught me that for some reason I don't have a perfect fifth echo! Thanks, Mal!
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Stratas said:
    I knew when I logged on in the middle of a revolt that I could log off quickly and quietly, or I could go to Stewartsville, contribute nothing of value, and die horribly.

Guess which one I did.

I can't even be mad. I literally just turncoated late last night, so it's not surprising I still show up as a Gaudi to people with nametrackers. It's nice to know the whole thing was buggered all around, anyways. Plus, this taught me that for some reason I don't have a perfect fifth echo! Thanks, Mal!
    We all made our attempts. Glad you learned something at least. :)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Stratas said:
    I knew when I logged on in the middle of a revolt that if I could log off quickly and quietly, or I could go to Stewartsville, contribute nothing of value, and die horribly.

Guess which one I did.

The sad bit is... I checked honors but being that I was using a client with exactly 10 lines of display space, all I saw was "enemy of your city, guild, order" and then Maligorn attacking so I figured... welp, must be one of them meanies. Keel! Sorry about that, will keep better track of things next time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • So sad i missed the revolt :(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Lol I haven't been part of a nonpeaced revolt for months now.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Figures I'm at work when throwdowns happen.  WTB something (trans ability, arti, dingbat item, essence power, etc) that'll give a +/- X hour timeframe on when a revolt is going to happen.
  • edited May 2015
    Tarkenton said:
    Figures I'm at work when throwdowns happen.  WTB something (trans ability, arti, dingbat item, essence power, etc) that'll give a +/- X hour timeframe on when a revolt is going to happen.
    Rendal figured this out, before he stopped playing... I'd say his 'predictions' were just coincidence, but he was right within an hour about 4 or 5 aetherflares in a row, as well as wild nodes plus... I lost count on how many revolts, but yeah. I can try get them from him.
    Syrennia said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Rendal figured this out, before he stopped playing... I'd say his 'predictions' were just coincidence, but he was right within an hour about 4 or 5 aetherflares in a row, as well as wild nodes plus... I lost count on how many revolts, but yeah. I can try get them from him.
    Can do an educated guess. There is a minimum amount of time between revolts/flares and well... wild nodes happen every other Sunday. I'd say beyond that it was just blind luck.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Educated guess, yeah.  I'm talking "the revolt will happen +/- two hours from X time on Y date" sort of deal.  Could also make for larger brawls when these things happen, since people could try to schedule.
    Tarkenton said:
    Educated guess, yeah.  I'm talking "the revolt will happen +/- two hours from X time on Y date" sort of deal.  Could also make for larger brawls when these things happen, since people could try to schedule.
    I thought that was sort of the point of the whole randomness thing. So every org could have a shot at it.Gaudi has 0 villages at present and I doubt they're terribly happy with that particular situation. We have been losing wild nodes for some time now as it seems the numbers are never anywhere near in our favour when wild nodes pop up, etc, etc.... but it would probably wouldn't be a pretty picture if things weren't random.

• Agreed, I don't think being able to better narrow down the time frame would be healthy
    I'm about 90% sure wildnodes activation is manual by admin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Then you're about 85% wrong.

It is coded to occur between 5 to 15 minutes after the first flare warning (random), but there are times when it fails to occur and they have to be prodded to start it (haven't seen it happen in a bit though).
  • Pretty sure I'm going to get a bodybuilder arm from rubbing all these curios. Give me the one piece I want, damn it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The Alliances are weird. I logged on to Siam and Salome talking about supporting Hallifax and killing Seren, so I showed up only to find out Hallifax was peacefully opposing Seren in a non peaced revolt.

So...you want me to possibly die so that Hallifax can win a revolt, without actually having to do anything. 

I'm going to pass on that.
    Shaddus said:

Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Then you're about 85% wrong.

It is coded to occur between 5 to 15 minutes after the first flare warning (random), but there are times when it fails to occur and they have to be prodded to start it (haven't seen it happen in a bit though).

That's not what I meant. I meant that I'm semi sure that the first "flare" warning is manually input.

If that's what you mean I'm wrong about, then I've learned something new.
    Shaddus said:

Seren hates Mag, but not as much as it hates Gaudi.

Seren hates Gaudi, but not as much as it hates Glom.

Celest and Halli likes Glom, but not as much as it likes Seren.

Gaudi likes Glom, but not as much as it likes Mag.

Mag likes Serenwilde, but not as much as it likes Glom. This is reversed for Arcanis and Marcella.

Bumping.
This discussion has been closed.