Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    I'm about 90% sure wildnodes activation is manual by admin.
    Shaddus said:
    Then you're about 85% wrong.

It is coded to occur between 5 to 15 minutes after the first flare warning (random), but there are times when it fails to occur and they have to be prodded to start it (haven't seen it happen in a bit though).
    That's not what I meant. I meant that I'm semi sure that the first "flare" warning is manually input. If that's what you mean I'm wrong about, then I've learned something new.
    It used to be the case that Wild Nodes were manually done. This was changed to be automatic and random so that it didn't rely on admins being around/remembering to do it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Shaddus said:
    Then you're about 85% wrong.

It is coded to occur between 5 to 15 minutes after the first flare warning (random), but there are times when it fails to occur and they have to be prodded to start it (haven't seen it happen in a bit though).
    That's not what I meant. I meant that I'm semi sure that the first "flare" warning is manually input. If that's what you mean I'm wrong about, then I've learned something new.
    That is indeed what I meant.

I will say that, for a while, you were right-- it did need to be manually started.  But after a few times when flares never happened at all (sometimes they went "oops" and started it on Monday, at least once they didn't even do it at all and the same org had the benefit for 4 weeks straight), they ended up coding it in to be automatic.  The initial event can fire at any time on Sunday (even at 11:59 pm, meaning that it doesn't actually start until Monday, but the event itself initiated on the Sunday).
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2015
    Celina said:
    The Alliances are weird. I logged on to Siam and Salome talking about supporting Hallifax and killing Seren, so I showed up only to find out Hallifax was peacefully opposing Seren in a non peaced revolt.

So...you want me to possibly die so that Hallifax can win a revolt, without actually having to do anything. 

I'm going to pass on that.
    We didn't expect you to! I told @Siam that Glom'd be better off just heading home since Serenwilde wasn't -doing- anything except looking for a fight. But not with Hallifax.

EDIT: Even then, was a raw deal for Glom. Sry bout it.

• Sort of happy Glomdoring decided to abandon Magnagora now since all this political confusion amongst the north is fun to watch and comment on. Serenwilde hates glomdoring, and is friends with celest and hallifax, but hallifax is now friends with Glomdoring, but Serenwilde acts against Glomdoring who are supported by Hallifax.

Soap worthy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think a lot of the confusion has come from Serenwilde feeling like they got a raw deal from those who they are allied to, supporting their enemies and helping them OVER Serenwilde. Like, supporting Glomdoring to take a village or domoth before their allies Serenwilde was a pretty clear slap to the face if you ask me, and has paved the way for this confusion, because Seren are unhappy, but still kinda friends...they want to fight Glom, and so sometimes will sorta kinda work with Magnagora if it means they get to kill Gloms.

• I sense that you are unhappy, @Celina. Come to me.
    edited May 2015
    Guess it's our turn to get trolled by the game. Fuck, that's frustrating.

8 aetherbeasts came out of literally nowhere and started wailing on our drones. Deathsights encouraged Gaudis to come up to steal. Lord almighty hell in a handbasket.

EDIT: More clearly, there were never less than 1 beast attacking us at a time, they just kept spawning and spawning for no reason until they overwhelmed us.

EDIT 2: Not to mention the everliving ships. Everytime you imploded one while I was a soul, it gave me essence loss. Salt in the wound, man.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Maligorn said:
    Guess it's our turn to get trolled by the game. Fuck, that's frustrating.

8 aetherbeasts came out of literally nowhere and started wailing on our drones. Deathsights encouraged Gaudis to come up to steal. Lord almighty hell in a handbasket.

EDIT: More clearly, there were never less than 1 beast attacking us at a time, they just kept spawning and spawning for no reason until they overwhelmed us.
    Not just one beast, three cloiers just waltzed into the [redacted] room. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Yeah, aetherspace apparently declared war on Hallifax today. That was no fun at all and made zero sense.  We went from a sure thing on Xion to drowning in cloier and hydrian.
  • Could've been someone gathering up a group of aetherbeasts and leading them to you? That was a popular tactic back in the days.
    edited May 2015
    I saw Widow's Web skulking around, but I never saw them on our map when the zerg rush began :/ . Don't think they're capable of summoning that many beasts.

EDIT: WP, Talan. I'm shaking my head, but I'm a lot less mad.

• edited May 2015

[REDACTED]
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2015
    I was confused and sad.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The blowing up a shipx3 was weird, but oddly satisfying

It's kind of a bummer that being contested killed your mood to play.... but that's the point of conflict events.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

It's kind of a bummer that being contested killed your mood to play.... but that's the point of conflict events.

I don't think it's the conflict per say that killed the mood.  It was mostly that it had seemed like aetherspace had just bugged out and the OOC response as we put two and two together about what happened felt kind of griefy coming from someone most of us consider a friend.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Ah man, if getting killed by mobs in aetherspace was kind of griefy to you, don't ever bash astral.

Gotta do what you need to win.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Zitto said:
    I don't think it's the conflict per say that killed the mood.  It was mostly that it had seemed like aetherspace had just bugged out and the OOC response as we put two and two together about what happened felt kind of griefy coming from someone most of us consider a friend.
    And given that it's a game and a conflict event, I think you're taking things a little too personally here.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My mood is a delicate flower.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Think we're just used to uncontested flares. Need to pump it up and be more attentive; I saw Widow's Web a -long- time before beasts started flooding in. My mistake was assuming it was a Glom ship instead of remembering it was Talan's. had ample time to prepare for a beast horde, but didn't. Will be wiser for next time!

• I had a longer thing typed up, but it doesn't matter. 
    @Talan, we're surprised and impressed by the tactic.  I definitely don't mean to imply that the strategy itself was in any way 'griefy'
    @Synkarin, @Shuyin - It seems pretty obvious that what any Halli crowd person was upset about was that we got wasted by a former Halli citizen and that there was some immediate miscommunication as we all collectively headdesked.  Certainly, implying that being a little sad that Talan single-handedly kicked our asses is 'a bummer' because that's somehow equitable to us not liking conflict in general is more than a little patronizing. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zitto said:

Synkarin said:

Uh, no bish. She's ours now.

/insertcacklehere
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Maligorn said:
    Think we're just used to uncontested flares. Need to pump it up and be more attentive; I saw Widow's Web a -long- time before beasts started flooding in. My mistake was assuming it was a Glom ship instead of remembering it was Talan's. had ample time to prepare for a beast horde, but didn't. Will be wiser for next time!

Was about to say it was probably someone spawning beasts nearby, a fun oldie tactic. Then I saw you wrote that 'Widow's Web" was only up there...which made me wonder if Glom was doing another 'nother turncoat situation...obviously Talan needs to change the ship's name.
  • Arcanis said:
    Maligorn said:

Was about to say it was probably someone spawning beasts nearby, a fun oldie tactic. Then I saw you wrote that 'Widow's Web" was only up there...which made me wonder if Glom was doing another 'nother turncoat situation...obviously Talan needs to change the ship's name.

Last I checked people can name ships whatever they want. The onus is on other people to know who they belong to and such/
  • Tau said:
    Arcanis said:
    Maligorn said:

Last I checked people can name ships whatever they want. The onus is on other people to know who they belong to and such/
    (This was explored as part of Project Drone regarding possible standards for automation of inter/national identity confirmation.)
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, we need to make ships fly nation flags. :P

I keep thinking Arimisia's ship is a Seren one.

• Today's discovery: the lusternia editor can record non-control characters from 0000 to 00FF. However, if you try to edit a document which already contains anything from 0080 to 00FF, the editor will become unhappy and convert it to the text \u0000, stripping the leading backslash whenever you save the document.
  • edited May 2015
    Well, I guess that was a good a time as any to get jumped last night.
  • It's the small wins, sometimes.
  • edited May 2015
    Lerad said:
    Mechanically, OOCly, Glomdoring was probably originally conceived as the Taint version of Serenwilde. Possibly, probably, there was mechanical support for that, with all the vocabulary that comes with it as well, like Tainted Forest environments instead of Wyrden Forest environments etc, and the ability to geo-meld over Glomdoring terrain etc.

However, ICly, the admin have retconned that, and created a different storyline, probably in part due to player demand, and probably in part due to keeping some kind of competitive fairness.

Silvanus' point that whatever can be argued will never change the original game mechanics has a point, but if people are going to continue to bring forward arguments based off old, obsolete, changed mechanics of RL years ago to try and explain how Glomdoring is misguided and trying to "distance" itself from Mag Taint in the modern IC environment, you're going to smash up against the wall of admin-mandated, IC lore. As well as being told you're outright wrong, which, incidentally, you are.

Whatever the IC/OOC retcon/history between the two orgs, there's only one thing that is set in stone: Whatever animosity you feel, Arcanis, rest assured it has nothing to do with the organisational grudges between Glomdoring and Magnagora. The treatment and abuse you receive, both ICly and OOCly, has nothing to do with whether or not Glomdoring likes or dislikes Magnagora (or vice versa), and everything to do with your personal shortcomings.

Whether Mag and Glom ever become friends again, or continue to dance around each other growling, or go into all-out war... it'll never be because of you, or about you. If you're still labouring under the misconception you hold any sort of relevance to the politics of this game, you should probably put yourself out of your misery. There is nothing more sad than watching someone flail around encumbered with luggage about their non-existent importance.
    Sorry, I only just read this now... and afterwards, all I had in my head was this video: 

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited May 2015
    Of the three finks, one got double-teamed by an allisaur, one got eaten by a dragonfly, and the third one just failed and got killed by a baby allisaur.

I give up.

This discussion has been closed.