Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If said barely-combatant doesn't want to be enemied, then said barely-combatant should be a 'non-combatant' instead.

Actions have consequences, and if you want to jump into a fight that doesn't really involve you (like jumping into Faethorn to help Seren in a brawl) you deserve to get enemied. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I disagree with that assessment and the churlishness, mainly because Viynain is more than just a prominent combatant. If he were someone like Caerlyr, it'd be another matter entirely. But he's not.

You disagree that actions have consequences? 

The reason I'm enemied to both Celest and Hallifax is because I killed people coming to defend someone I was raiding/ganking. Not because I raided, or attacked, or did anything that really deserved to be enemied for, but because I killed people coming to attack me. I'm not going to feel sorry or feel that I'm a bad person because said 'barely-combatant' got enemied for jumping into a fight they had no business being in.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.

Synkarin said:

The reason I'm enemied to both Celest and Hallifax is because I killed people coming to defend someone I was raiding/ganking. Not because I raided, or attacked, or did anything that really deserved to be enemied for, but because I killed people coming to attack me. I'm not going to feel sorry or feel that I'm a bad person because said 'barely-combatant' got enemied for jumping into a fight they had no business being in.
    Shrug. I would call those unjust enemyings. Just because you don't care about them or wear them as badges of honour doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't care about neutral territory. I just think it's bad taste to enemy (and not have the decency to set an expiration) for things like villages, domoths, flares and wildnodes. That's my original concern. I asked if Viynain enemied for those things (to both Gaudi and Mys), and you guys said he did.

Maligorn said:

Synkarin said:

Shrug. I would call those unjust enemyings. Just because you don't care about them or wear them as badges of honour doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't think I've enemied anyone 'unjustly' either, so there's that. I feel they all deserve it. If you want to fight against us, you're going to be enemied to Yomo, no question about it.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited June 2015
    Kalliste said:
    Hah, I love that I'm being called a ganker! I'm clearly moving up in the world. You seem to be misremembering. I'm not sure how I "kept butting in" when it all went down over a period of a few seconds, and entirely due to miscommunication on Taevyn's part. Taevyn called out from Celest's astral sphere that you had engaged him (edit: it's apparently a trigger or alias or something he has). (Very peaceful to disarm defensive traps in Celest's astral sphere, but whatever.) Anyhow, I ran up to defend him, and my first attack rebounded off of your serpent. I griped at him once I figured out that you hadn't actually attacked him, but yeah that enemy status finally "stuck". And according to Synky, I'm absolutely outraged about it :p
    This is also how Azula got enemied to Gaudiguch. Taevyn (I think it was him? It was someone) jumped me and called for help when he realized he couldn't just smash my face in. Oh the whining and threats. I love people who rage at enemy statuses.

Synkarin said:
    Enemy statuses don't really stop me from doing what I want to do, unless there's things like guards stationed at Glom's river entrance (since when was this a thing?) 

But even then, if I know about said guards, they're pretty easy to bypass

lol @Synkarin
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well the Shadow Court is going to be really upset when I tell them I am now their representative because I'm so prominent. They only thought they got to choose their leaders!
  • I managed to stay unenemied to Gaudiguch and its orders while I was in Hallifax, and we went up against them in domoths/flares/revolts/nodes plenty of times. I always thought it was because I never attacked Vortex or Fire or anything, but it sounds like it was more of an oversight. Or maybe people just didn't want to deal with me bitching and crying about it, cause that would have happened. :-@
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited June 2015
    Well you (Celina the character) already act like it, so I mean...it wouldn't be -that- much of a change. At least, that's how IG me sees it.

Honestly not just talking out my ass. A lot of people share this sentiment.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    Yeah but they don't.
    Maligorn said:
    Celina said:
    No, sorry, it doesn't really work like that. Being "prominent," does not make you a de facto representative of the opinions, beliefs, or actions of an entire org.
    Yeah, actually, it does. See: the dissolving of the Hallifax-Celest alliance a long time ago because Inagin and Nydekion kept raiding despite Celest disavowing them. See Celina's actions when we're trying to form an alliance, stalling the process with her churlishness. Avurekhos freely supporting Mag claims when the rest of the Moonhart Circle (for a time) disliked it. These all have serious implications on politics. Everyone knows that combatants run the show.
    Yeah, still not how it works.

I think you give me too much credit. Celina is always churlish, it's her personality. I wasn't even aware Hallifax was trying to formalize some type of alliance beyond the existing treaty. Do you know why? Because even as a combatant, arguably Glomdoring's most prominent combatant, I don't actually run the show. I just don't like Halli and Celest defending Seren so I make a point to stick my finger in their eye when I can. The Court allows it, begrudgingly at times, because I act within the law. 

See: Sadie, the literal leader of Serenwilde and a combatant raiding the Supernals and Celest not dissolving the alliance over it. There are, as you said, implications, but that's not the same as "running the show." Assigning arbitrary levels of representation based on you perceived prominence of an individual as a combatant is just you being...what's the word....churlish.
    Yeah, I don't really understand the whole concept of "combatants run the show" either. Is that why we elect CLs and what-not? That said, I've also come to defend Glom godrealms against Mags raiding them and even Serens. Granted... it was a specific case of someone going out of his way to attack Hallis because they were "enemies of Seren" while being an enemy of Hallifax himself. There have also been a couple of cases where Serens have outright killed Hallis that came to defend Etherglom against Magnagorans who were raiding together with Seren. It's all one big mess, really, up to and including the point where Seren's CL went on a raid spree on Glom godrealms with a Gaudi.

Anyway, your excuse of us defending Seren falls flat for the most part as I don't recall a Halli fighter going to defend Seren for quite a long while now considering their own actions of killing Hallis and withdrawing from raids on Glom... or the 'incident' during the recent revolt in Delport while I was being attacked by a Serenguard and repeatedly asked them to call him off only to receive silence in response. Anyway, if you enjoy aiding the same people that raid your Godrealms when they're bored only because someone in Halli at some point in time defended Seren against your raid, do go ahead. I'm sure Glomdoring will be really excited when next time you're being raided no defenders from Hallifax show up to help.

And me being a fair weather fighter? Heh, okay.... not like I haven't shown up to defend against raids when the numbers have been skewed one way or the other. I have never... nor will I ever care about actually raiding or pulling griefer tactics on people. You bash astral? Well, good for you, enjoy your bash... even if you don't extend me the same courtesy. You want my help in defense against a raid? Sure, I'll be there if our orgs are on good terms at the time. You have just repelled a raid and want to push it into their territory? Go ahead... but without me. Raiding is just a boring process and it tends to be a case of certain people buddying up and helping eachother get out if things go south while everyone else can just die. As such I will not enable them by padding their numbers to scare defenders.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Celina said:
    Well the Shadow Court is going to be really upset when I tell them I am now their representative because I'm so prominent. They only thought they got to choose their leaders!
    Whether or not everyone agrees that you appear to be Glomdoring's representative, the fact is, there's a difference between the mechanical leaders and the actual leaders. Or even 'the most visible members'. This isn't a game concept, it's the reality of politics... so it's a little silly to claim that you don't speak for the organization that everyone knows you're a member of, and is familiar with you as a combatant of said organization. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    @Elanorwen only shows up if someone pushes her too, otherwise she sits in her manse pretending to be better than everyone else.

I mean, you literally just tried to claim we zerged you with pretty much dead even numbers (and no melder on our side) as a justification for not fighting for Death yesterday, and now you're claiming that you'll gladly jump into skewed fights, maybe skewed in your favour, but not really in our favour.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Please you guys, I got enemied to Gaudiguch after being inactive for three months, and didn't find out until months later, because, you know, I was inactive.

And it was for 'conspiring to lead mycoloth away from Ixthiaxia' (or however you spell that stuff). Which I never even did.

Do you see me complaining? Oh. Wait.

edited June 2015
    edit: broken quote boxes!

@Elanorwen: Uh, it was like 2 months ago that you specifically attacked me in Seren while I was solo raiding. And you weren't the only one! This isn't an etch-a-sketch, you can't just shake your head and act like it didn't happen. That being said, it was Celest's domoth, they were claiming it, you were just assisting. I'm not going to opt out just because Hallifax who shows up to defend on occasion is present.  I really don't know what kind of profound delusion you are under to believe that Glomdoring, or even just myself, should allow Hallifax's political choices dictate how we interact with Celest. I mean, I could have just ignored Hallifax and only attacked Celest, but I was enemied to the demesne upon entering (understandably so). You did, however, make the first aggressive action against me on a domoth that was not yours, so this whole "Glom is going to regret Halli not helping!" song and dance is stupid.

Yes, you are a fair weather fighter. You  just called a fair fight, a fight that was even tilted in your favor a "zerg." Just because you lost. For real.

@Kethaera: Yes, mechanical leaders have the actual capacity to make decisions. It's not silly, I literally do not speak for Glomdoring. It's silly to claim I do, seeing as how both treaties I rail against are still in full swing. I might be a prominent voice of Glomdoring, I might be perceived as being a political player, I might heavily influence specific circles, but I do not, under any interpretation, speak on behalf of Glomdoring, and I don't believes the Glom leadership thinks I do either. Any outside power that tries to state I do is most likely looking for an excuse to complain to the Court. 
  • dat formatting
    Celina said:
    edit: broken quote boxes!

@Elanorwen: Uh, it was like 2 months ago that you specifically attacked me in Seren while I was solo raiding. And you weren't the only one! This isn't an etch-a-sketch, you can't just shake your head and act like it didn't happen. That being said, it was Celest's domoth, they were claiming it, you were just assisting. I'm not going to opt out just because Hallifax who shows up to defend on occasion is present.  I really don't know what kind of profound delusion you are under to believe that Glomdoring, or even just myself, should allow Hallifax's political choices dictate how we interact with Celest. I mean, I could have just ignored Hallifax and only attacked Celest, but I was enemied to the demesne upon entering (understandably so). You did, however, make the first aggressive action against me on a domoth that was not yours, so this whole "Glom is going to regret Halli not helping!" song and dance is stupid.

Yes, you are a fair weather fighter. You  just called a fair fight, a fight that was even tilted in your favor a "zerg." Just because you lost. For real.
    I don't see how me calling a fight a zerg has anything to do with me being a fair weather fighter, but okay... let's go with that... I'm a fair weather fighter because I miscounted numbers. You know what they say about retreating soldiers - they count every casualty and every enemy three times. Anyway, that's besides the point.

My script to auto enemy works off my namedb's isenemy() function. In the case of Glomdoring, my M&M politics is configured as neutral. As such, it is done on a per person basis. If you're an enemy of Hallifax or any related organization, you are considered an enemy. If not, then not. Siam is still an enemy of Hallifax and related organizations but he also enjoys a slightly different status as I have yet to see him jump us in a domoth fight. In his case, I've written a special override to ignore his enemy status and thus not enemy him on sight. Your own fault for being in the company of Gaudis and Mags every time there's a fight happening or you'd have been allied to the meld instead.

2 months ago is a looooooong time to hold a grudge... never mind the fact that you weren't alone in that raid considering I killed another Glom during that particular event right before being enemied to your order for 'defending against a raid'. Guess we both fail at counting then, huh? Not to mention that the treaty explicitly states that we can defend another allied organization against you raiding them. It's a stupid clause but there you have it. Of course, said clause wouldn't exist in the first place if the hand we offered Glomdoring by suggesting a formal alliance had been taken... feel free to ask Zitto who's been the person to rail on him the most about getting a formal treaty with Glomdoring by the way.

@Synkarin - Pretending to be better than everyone else? What? I lurk in my manse when I'm at work, usually... meaning I might need to go afk at a moment's notice. Either that or when I'm doing something else at home. Pretty sure I've never said I'm better than anyone else because I can sit in my manse while others are fighting. But hey, it won't be you without an attempt at a personal jab against me now, would it? As to refusing the death fight? Eh, whatever... everyone was pretty much meh about the whole thing so we pulled out en masse, it certainly wasn't me going... "ZOMG, THEY HAVE TOO MANY" that caused the whole thing to collapse. But let's just assume that it's all Elanorwen's fault.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Celina said:

what kind of profound delusion

Kind of like Celina believing she has no serious bearing on the direction of Glomdoring :P

• @Celina perception is an actual thing. There is a difference between a claim that you have influence and a claim that you are a voting member on the Shadow Court. From an outsider's perception, you have -more- influence, because they don't necessarily have any idea about internal politics. Influence is all we're talking about here, not mechanics, and not what anyone in Glomdoring thinks. I'm not even mad about the ic conflict or anything, this is just a matter of factual perception- so what if you don't officially represent the commune? I really don't understand the point of this denial, but w/e.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    edited June 2015
    edit: Doesn't matter. Hugs for Elanorwen. 
    Elanorwen said:
    @Synkarin - Pretending to be better than everyone else? What? I lurk in my manse when I'm at work, usually... meaning I might need to go afk at a moment's notice. Either that or when I'm doing something else at home. Pretty sure I've never said I'm better than anyone else because I can sit in my manse while others are fighting. But hey, it won't be you without an attempt at a personal jab against me now, would it? As to refusing the death fight? Eh, whatever... everyone was pretty much meh about the whole thing so we pulled out en masse, it certainly wasn't me going... "ZOMG, THEY HAVE TOO MANY" that caused the whole thing to collapse. But let's just assume that it's all Elanorwen's fault.
    Right, the eternal victim complex reigns supreme again.  Woe is Elanorwen, who clearly doesn't deserve any of this. 

You just listed a multitude of 'activities' you don't do in some kind of justification for your actions and how you don't 'enable them' by padding their numbers, or that you'll let people astral bash even 'if they don't return the same courtesy.' 

Trying to sit here and claim the moral high ground is most certainly stating that 'you're better than everyone else'

I can honestly say that you won't fight in a unfavorable fight unless you have a select few people pushing you to participate. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The funny thing about all of this is that we all heard the vote that was taken over says with regards to "should we just let them finish this, and then rush them during Phase 2?", and that is when we all decided not to play your game. (You have spies in your midst!) If you had stayed up there fighting during Phase 1, we likely would have stayed up there fighting as well. We didn't expect the Domoth to go inactive for 7 hours when it failed, because the last time this happened it was only inactive for a very brief time. We were hoping more backup would arrive in the meantime.
    edited June 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Celina said:

what kind of profound delusion

Kind of like Celina believing she has no serious bearing on the direction of Glomdoring :P
    Wait, that's not what I said. I never denied my character's significant influence (though it sounds douchey to say it) in Glom. What you are saying is that Glomdoring is accountable to me, rather than the other way around, which is what I'm disputing. I'm not a representative of Glomdoring, and though, as Kaethera said, that may be the perception, Glomdoring has not made that decision and as such, are not accountable for perception. Just like Gaudiguch is not accountable for perceptions of Viynain. 
    Celina said:
    It's very representative of your mindset. The way you talk about combat is very reflective of how you actually participate in combat...or don't participate. 

You can cut the crap, your demesne didn't start hitting me until several minutes after I entered the domoth, I was the last to shield because I was dropping shadows and bonds. I was completely unaffected by it for an extended period of time, I can see the tics and who they hit. You manually enemied me, squirrelfriend. I don't even know why you are making an effort to bullshit on this, I don't even care, nor do your made up code and overrides actually matter. The point is this was not your domoth, so this whole pissy pants dance about me being mean to Halli is a load of hot stinky garbage. You are not important enough to dictate how I interact with Celest. Get a grip.

Yes. That is the clause. I do not fault you for knowing the treaty. It's in the same treaty as the clause that allows me to kick your ass in domoths. I don't even...what is wrong with you?
    Minutes? What? Do we need to involve Einstein next? I'm sure we weren't traveling close to the speed of light for time dilation to have occurred. I know I didn't manually need to enemy you because when I tried to make sure you were in fact enemied, all I got was "Celina is already an enemy." Even then, you came in with people from Magnagora and Gaudiguch. You were clearly a hostile combatant as you didn't proceed to either run for cover in our camp or get killed by them.

I never cared to dictate how you interact with Celest. Glomdoring has the same treaty with them, mind... seeing how you treat them is demonstrative of how you'd treat us. As such it shows exactly where Glomdoring stands in regards to its treaties. Sure, the NAP does allow you to come and kill us in domoths if you choose to do so... but how likely are we to want to go and form better relations with you or assist your efforts when you treat us in such a fashion? But I guess @Taevyn came to defend Seren against you raiding them a couple months back too, huh? It's just a case of you wanting to go play with your usual buddies and return to status quo rather than an attempt to shake things up. Never mind the whole Xeeth labs issue that Glomdoring had with Gaudiguch and the eaf'eramich, or the brand of Maeve that has been dragged over the forums for so long, it's probably not even a horse anymore. let alone a dead one.

edited June 2015
    Kalliste said:
    The funny thing about all of this is that we all heard the vote that was taken over says with regards to "should we just let them finish this, and then rush them during Phase 2?", and that is when we all decided not to play your game. (You have spies in your midst!) If you had stayed up there fighting during Phase 1, we likely would have stayed up there fighting as well. We didn't expect the Domoth to go inactive for 7 hours when it failed, because the last time this happened it was only inactive for a very brief time. We were hoping more backup would arrive in the meantime.

Stupid mutts, ruining our fun. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Right, the eternal victim complex reigns supreme again.  Woe is Elanorwen, who clearly doesn't deserve any of this. 

You just listed a multitude of 'activities' you don't do in some kind of justification for your actions and how you don't 'enable them' by padding their numbers, or that you'll let people astral bash even 'if they don't return the same courtesy.' 

Trying to sit here and claim the moral high ground is most certainly stating that 'you're better than everyone else'

I can honestly say that you won't fight in a unfavorable fight unless you have a select few people pushing you to participate. 

Sure. I'm not a griefer. In that I'm nicer than you personally. If memory serves your little group wears the badge of 'griefer' proudly. You are not aware that the people you grief have a negative opinion and perception of you? Perhaps you need to look up the definition of 'grief'? The relevant definition would be "trouble or annoyance", just to save you a Google search. It's like going to EVE and saying... "Hey, I'm a pirate, but this chick who's totally not one thinks she's better than me and has the moral high ground on me" Well, surprise, I do. Maybe I'm not as good a combatant as you are and maybe I don't have all your rare artifacts and haven't played for as long as you have, but I at least try to not go out of my way to annoy other players.

edited June 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    It's very representative of your mindset. The way you talk about combat is very reflective of how you actually participate in combat...or don't participate. 

You can cut the crap, your demesne didn't start hitting me until several minutes after I entered the domoth, I was the last to shield because I was dropping shadows and bonds. I was completely unaffected by it for an extended period of time, I can see the tics and who they hit. You manually enemied me, squirrelfriend. I don't even know why you are making an effort to bullshit on this, I don't even care, nor do your made up code and overrides actually matter. The point is this was not your domoth, so this whole pissy pants dance about me being mean to Halli is a load of hot stinky garbage. You are not important enough to dictate how I interact with Celest. Get a grip.

Yes. That is the clause. I do not fault you for knowing the treaty. It's in the same treaty as the clause that allows me to kick your ass in domoths. I don't even...what is wrong with you?
    Minutes? What? Do we need to involve Einstein next? I'm sure we weren't traveling close to the speed of light for time dilation to have occurred. I know I didn't manually need to enemy you because when I tried to make sure you were in fact enemied, all I got was "Celina is already an enemy." Even then, you came in with people from Magnagora and Gaudiguch. You were clearly a hostile combatant as you didn't proceed to either run for cover in our camp or get killed by them.

I never cared to dictate how you interact with Celest. Glomdoring has the same treaty with them, mind... seeing how you treat them is demonstrative of how you'd treat us. As such it shows exactly where Glomdoring stands in regards to its treaties. Sure, the NAP does allow you to come and kill us in domoths if you choose to do so... but how likely are we to want to go and form better relations with you or assist your efforts when you treat us in such a fashion? But I guess @Taevyn came to defend Seren against you raiding them a couple months back too, huh? It's just a case of you wanting to go play with your usual buddies and return to status quo rather than an attempt to shake things up. Never mind the whole Xeeth labs issue that Glomdoring had with Gaudiguch and the eaf'eramich, or the brand of Maeve that has been dragged over the forums for so long, it's probably not even a horse anymore. let alone a dead one.
    Lol no at the first paragraph. Like I said, your made up story doesn't really matter to the overall point, so I don't really care.

While I do prefer to play with fun people like those I am used to playing with in Gaudi, I'm not 12, and I have the ability to separate my character from my person. Hallifax and Celest attacked Celina first when Celina returned to activity. Period, end of story. This is not a point of debate. Whatever arbitrary expiration dates you set on "grudges," really have no relevance. Celest and Hallifax do not have the same quality of talent as Gaudiguch. Celina does not care that much about the eaf incident. Celest and Hallifax repeatedly defended Seren after Seren attacked Glomdoring, and then, Celest specifically, asked for our help. Celina does not like getting played or taken advantage of. Celina still has an affinity for Magnagora because she was raised there as a child, and still identifies with it to some degree, though she does not openly discuss this. These are the motivational factors behind my character's decisions that have played out ICly. Whatever gibberish you want to spout about me wanting to maintain the "status quo," and ooc friendships is on you. You can keep your projection to yourself, homesquirrel. Not all of us hop orgs just to get ascendancy, some of us maintain a degree of RP credibility. 

You are remarkably incapable of understanding anything but your own perspective, which appears to be frequently wrong. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Man the only reason I took that vote over says was because Celina wasn't cool enough to join crux. Lame.
    Celina said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:

Lol no at the first paragraph. Like I said, your made up story doesn't really matter to the overall point, so I don't really care.

While I do prefer to play with fun people like those I am used to playing with in Gaudi, I'm not 12, and I have the ability to separate my character from my person. Hallifax and Celest attacked Celina first when Celina returned to activity. Period, end of story. This is not a point of debate. Whatever arbitrary expiration dates you set on "grudges," really have no relevance. Celest and Hallifax do not have the same quality of talent as Gaudiguch. Celina does not care that much about the eaf incident. Celest and Hallifax repeatedly defended Seren after Seren attacked Glomdoring, and then, Celest specifically, asked for our help. Celina does not like getting played or taken advantage of. Celina still has an affinity for Magnagora because she was raised there as a child, and still identifies with it to some degree, though she does not openly discuss this. These are the motivational factors behind my character's decisions that have played out ICly. Whatever gibberish you want to spout about me wanting to maintain the "status quo," and ooc friendships is on you. You can keep your projection to yourself, homesquirrel. 

You are remarkably incapable of understanding anything but your own perspective, which appears to be frequently wrong. 
    Yeah, yeah, let's ignore the arguments that don't suit us. That's how we resolve matters around these parts. I'm just going to pull something out of your friends' book on this one. Timestamped log on the demesne hitting others but not you for several minutes or it didn't happen.

This discussion has been closed.