Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    Lol, being annoying isn't the only reason to absolve. There are actual mechanical consequences to absolving. Frankly, I don't blame them. If you are going to lame out and let a domoth drop just because you had evenly matched competition, then by all means, absolve their other domoths. 
    Because everyone knows that beating a full on fortification in the domoth hub is such a simple feat with even numbers... oh wait, it's the absolvers that have to be on the offensive, right? What was I thinking? /sarcasm
    ...You're misunderstanding her, she's refering to the pre-Death fight where you supposedly miscounted and called us a zerg that you just gave up on. You know, the fight where we jumped into your prepped meld and killed you?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Viynain

According to my diplomacy, you enemied me in year 309 due to "defiling", but Shaddus wasn't even being played at that time. When I contacted you, you told me that you were told that I would have to contact Mysrai directly to be unenemied, and you wouldn't explain why.

Water under the bridge and not really that important. My point was that people get enemied for stupid and unbelievable crap all the time, and it's really hard to contest a lot of it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sounds pretty accurately like me. Easy enough to tweak it in the present politics, so just drop me or another OH a tell or message if that becomes something you'd want addressed.
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

You mean the bug that made the dormancy longer than the 5 mins it's been since the big domoth changes years ago? Even @Kalliste said they were expecting it to open again soon. The 5 min after a failed claim was put in to stop claim and drop tactics.. so why would it be expected to be different now? You're digging deep for justification here

and no, we ran both absolves to be jerks since you guys were lame and didn't fight. In fact, before the second absolve, I asked 'Do we want to be really big jerks and absolve again?' to which the reply was a resounding yes. So yeah, we did it to be jerks, not get a fight.
    Bug or no bug, I don't know why you wouldn't check domoth status the moment a domoth goes into dormancy. I know I do every time I'm online and paying attention when it happens. I checked, it showed 7 days. I waited a bit after that too to allow for your team to realize that. I most certainly wasn't going to go challenge Death, in fact if you had heard the discussion on the alliance clan, it was all about... "Oh dear, 7 days... eh well, we'll give it a go when it opens. Let's go upgrade Beauty."

And there you go, proving my point about being a jerk right after claiming how you haven't griefed anyone in the past 2 months. Now who's coming up with excuses?
    I don't know what you're smoking, but you're the one that ran through havens that had a mass of enemies in it and proceeded to ascend into the domoth realm.  Should I point out how you could have seen the people there and not ascended? You were up there pretty much instantly after the fail. 

Only one coming up with excuses is you, because being a jerk != griefing. You clearly missed the point of that comment anyway and I forgot my /sarcasm tags.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ladies Ladie... Let us not get our panties up in a bunch. If anyone here has a right to be mad it is the Domoths that people keep Claiming. Let us hear thier woes instead
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    Lol, being annoying isn't the only reason to absolve. There are actual mechanical consequences to absolving. Frankly, I don't blame them. If you are going to lame out and let a domoth drop just because you had evenly matched competition, then by all means, absolve their other domoths. 
    Because everyone knows that beating a full on fortification in the domoth hub is such a simple feat with even numbers... oh wait, it's the absolvers that have to be on the offensive, right? What was I thinking? /sarcasm
    ...You're misunderstanding her, she's refering to the pre-Death fight where you supposedly miscounted and called us a zerg that you just gave up on. You know, the fight where we jumped into your prepped meld and killed you?
    Never mind. I'm tired and this is definitely going around in circles. You're always right, whatever. All praise the hypnotoad or somesuch.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'm not always right, but I'm right in this, you definitely rage-enemied because you popped up and died.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm just sad I'll never coolest a full set of Seren divine statuses. Someone drag an Aussomethingoranother person out quick!
  • Lack of Rants Tweets always give me a confused feeling on whether to come back to or stay the hell away from Lusternia. 

+1 to lolrage

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

Oh my gosh, you popped up into the hub immediately after a domoth claim failed and was expected to open up again shortly and want to call it an 'unprovoked attack in neutral territory.' Are you serious right now? Lets not mention that you rushed to help Kelly when she 'attacked Lavinya unprovoked in neutral territory.' No domoth was in process at the time! It was a rage enemying, no question.

I'm not also what you are trying to imply with 'we want fights' because I do want fights. Things have been boring lately, which is why I was so disappointed yesterday. 

Playing heavy n the justification. You're still the same ol' Elanorwen, as I said in a few posts back. I've seen this song and dance before, and I've seen you rage recently (envoys, forums, etc)
    Uh, no, it hadn't.. and it wasn't considering domoth status showed 7 days dormancy. But okay, whatever... let's assume people can't read domoth status. As to the fights thing? Did you guys run an absolve with the intent of getting a fight? Because after the first one where it was obvious we weren't fighting, why would you run a second beyond being an annoyance?

You mean the bug that made the dormancy longer than the 5 mins it's been since the big domoth changes years ago? Even @Kalliste said they were expecting it to open again soon. The 5 min after a failed claim was put in to stop claim and drop tactics.. so why would it be expected to be different now? You're digging deep for justification here

Was this scepter level?  If I recall correctly, the 5-minute reset was only for scepter level claim-and-drop, but if it was a rechallenge (going for Orb or Crown) then it used the regular algorithm.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Scepter
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    I RP across orgs and I'm enemied everywhere. Harder maybe, but it's possible! I've been trying to RP with Lavinya for a while. :(
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2015
    I think the Symphonium guild enemy list is like 6 people strong. If you want real status, try and get enemied to us. B-)

(jk pls don't)

I've considered taking a leaf from the Cacos and just making our enemy list = Hallifax's enemy list.

EDIT: I was wrong. Here's the grand total.

Enemies of the Symphonium Guild:
    Shuyin, Malarious, Viynain, Zynna, Augent
    Total: 5
    (m&m): Guild enemies list updated.

...I want in that list now. Brb, killing Symphonium newbs influencing Lirangsha.
    That's mostly just people who ported into the Symphonium gh right as it opened.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I really really really REALLY hate the new interface on the internet client.  I liked the old one - it had just enough space and it didn't take me forever to figure out how to move stuff around.

I had to enlist the help of a novice guide and I STILL wasn't happy once I figured out how to move things.  The window where you see the game text is TINY, and you can make it bigger, but only if you want to cover up your health gauges, buttons, etc.

I think I'm going to have to try and download a client, which I was trying to avoid because I'm not sure of where I can find any kind of curing system for it. :(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Rofl, good times.

Also, for all these people getting mad at getting rage enemied to orgs, I don't see much much action being taken against the people who did the enemying. Blame them, not the org!
    Ino said:

I really really really REALLY hate the new interface on the internet client.  I liked the old one - it had just enough space and it didn't take me forever to figure out how to move stuff around.

I had to enlist the help of a novice guide and I STILL wasn't happy once I figured out how to move things.  The window where you see the game text is TINY, and you can make it bigger, but only if you want to cover up your health gauges, buttons, etc.

I think I'm going to have to try and download a client, which I was trying to avoid because I'm not sure of where I can find any kind of curing system for it. :(
    Mudlet or Mushclient is your best bet, and you can search the forums for "Medic!", which is free and for one of those two clients.
  • Medic is outdated for a lot of the cures now, though, since firstaid isn't properly set up for the overhaul cures yet (right?). It will be eventually, though, and Medic will (probably) become updated again then.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2015
    You've been using the internet client all this time.  :-O

Personally, I migrated from Nexus to MUSH when Nexus was no longer viable. Setting up triggers and stuff was similar enough to what I was accustomed to (and the help documentation was comprehensible enough) that I was able to get my bashing and sipping in order. Ultimately I made the jump to Mudlet after repeated failed attempts to wrap my head around the coding language. I still don't have the strongest grasp on it, but I was able to get Elanorwen's channel stalker, Demonnic's tabbed chat, and Morbo's aethership packages all functioning how I want, so it suits me fine now.

As for curing systems... Just write a few books for Hallifax and you can buy m&m. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    You know, I should try the web client out, see what it does, and incorporate that into TarxUI for folks coming off of the web client.  Though, honestly, I could also make TarxUI just work out of the box...
  • This forum needs an IRONY flag.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:
    This forum needs an IRONY flag.
    Some of the other IRE forums have a wtf and a lol button.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm pretty sure after everything that's happened, Nikka should be having a meltdown. I'm not sure how badly I want her to wreck things...

• Apparently there are things called "gaseous cloiers" somewhere in the naga pits. Apparently they can kill me in one hit that happens as soon as I walk into the room. Apparently I can't avoid them when I foolishly try to reclaim what I dropped. Apparently phoenixing on prime costs 300k essence.

And so now I'm down over half a million essence for what basically amounts to walking around prime. I'm slightly disgruntled.

I'd feel a bit better if I had managed anything since coming back that didn't fall into the categories of "be useless" or "die horribly", but that's not my nature. So it goes.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    There's only one, and it's summoned by a quest.

So, how badly do you want to know who it was?

• Qistrel said:
    There's only one, and it's summoned by a quest.

So, how badly do you want to know who it was?
    Enadonella?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• When it comes to the cloier, these are pretty much the questions I care about the answers to:

1) WTF?
    2) Seriously?

"what roosterbag summoned it?" isn't even really a top 5 question. I can't do anything with the info other than seethe, and if all I'm gonna do is get upset at other people for playing the game however they prefer then I might as well quit again. I did enough of that back a few years ago.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
This discussion has been closed.