Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    Kethaera said:
    Sedanas said:
    I feel like in-character woes are being handled rather harshly out of character. Sure, some people are assholes, but what fun is, dare I say, a game like Lusternia without them? If they're impeding upon you personally, then talk to them about it, or ISSUE, or snub, there are other options outside of talking smack about in character stuff OOC and then using your OOC rage to fuel your character :(

Just my two cents from watching the forums this past month.
    That argument might hold more weight if it was clear that certain individuals were basing this action solely on in-character woes, rather than starting their in-character annoyances up again -immediately following- forum disagreements.  8-|
    Not to mention specifically posting that they are going to start up their in-character actions due to the forum disagreements.  It's not even a case of sketchy coincidences, it was explicitly stated.
    Isn't that against

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't even know why you're talking about it. Glomdoring and Celest and Serenwilde just need to team up and raid Nil for a few weeks IRL.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Been considering this myself. Folks want to play silly buggers, we can play silly buggers.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited July 2015
    NO. DO NOT RUIN MY PLANS. I've banned the order from attacking Mag. Don't make my scythe you/
    Celina said:
    NO. DO NOT RUIN MY PLANS. I've banned the order from attacking Mag. Don't make my scythe you/
    Nothing matters but Glomdoring, Celina. Nothing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I matter.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited July 2015
    Shaddus said:
    I don't even know why you're talking about it. Glomdoring and Celest and Serenwilde just need to team up and raid Nil for a few weeks IRL.
    Do it. Maybe now something will happen.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yeah, about that Cici... If I'm not an order member, you aren't the boss of me :p
  • That she opposes it makes me like the Celest and Serenwilde idea even more :)
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Lerad said:
    Silvanus said:
    Also, I love that your idea of trying to speak to someone in charge is the one time something was mentioned to me over a month ago. No messages. No letters. No tells. Hahaha, do or do not, there is no try. And no one has done anything.
    I sent you (and Lavinya) a tell (after asking Akyaevin if anyone was around to talk to) to try and talk to you about Marcella. Last week. You were afk in your manse, which is fine, of course, I afk as well, and I was just planning to try again when I next have the chance.

But the "over a month ago" and "no tells" parts are inaccurate, is all I wanted to say.

Lastly, I don't need to be the one saying this to you, because you're the one who always have the strongest arguments for improving the atmosphere in the game through rising above griefy retaliations. But really, the "we've had this done to us before, so it justifies having it done to you too, nyah" argument is a tired one that, if I were to make an understatement, is more than a tad bit overused, don't you think?
    Oh I definitely did forget about that tell, I was on vacation and missed a few things, so scratch the "never" and no "tells," to twice, over the course of months.

Ultimately I completely agree with you, it is a very shitty argument, I was just deflecting blame away from Magnagora, as every organization has employed people similar to Arcanis, and has at times not done anything about it. And I don't expect any organization to control someone.

However, this is a game and a community, and it isn't the organization's job to police ones actions when they are completely justifiable IC. Its a community's job, one that needs to be shared together to create a better atmosphere, OOCly. Blaming an entire organization because of one person's actions solves nothing and moves us nowhere.

People have complained about Arcanis for a long time and I personally see a lot less action on fixing it versus the complaints that are heard. It happened when he was destroying Pathways (never brought up IC), it happened with cutting down trees months ago (brought up IC after complaints on here and my mentioning that it hadn't been brought up), and its happening again.

Its sort of a selfish argument for me, I love diplomacy, and I want to enjoy diplomacy between organizations, but everyone is too stuck in their ways to even attempt to diplomatically resolve something with an enemy.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • InoIno
    edited July 2015

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Uh oh - new forum police, everyone watch out

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2015
    Synkarin said:
    Arcanis said:

Funny enough, none of them have contacted me either. It seems running to the forums to whine is the plan (eminent failure).

Says the guy who made a petition to remove me from head of Crux without saying a single word to me. Delicous Irony

The clan is deeded to Gaudiguch, and how would a petition like that even work anyways?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    He apparently doesn't know that

He also apparently doesn't know that there are several Magnagorans within Crux who have the ability to induct and discharge as they see fit.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2015

Silvanus said:
    Lerad said:
    Silvanus said:
    Also, I love that your idea of trying to speak to someone in charge is the one time something was mentioned to me over a month ago. No messages. No letters. No tells. Hahaha, do or do not, there is no try. And no one has done anything.
    I sent you (and Lavinya) a tell (after asking Akyaevin if anyone was around to talk to) to try and talk to you about Marcella. Last week. You were afk in your manse, which is fine, of course, I afk as well, and I was just planning to try again when I next have the chance.

But the "over a month ago" and "no tells" parts are inaccurate, is all I wanted to say.

Lastly, I don't need to be the one saying this to you, because you're the one who always have the strongest arguments for improving the atmosphere in the game through rising above griefy retaliations. But really, the "we've had this done to us before, so it justifies having it done to you too, nyah" argument is a tired one that, if I were to make an understatement, is more than a tad bit overused, don't you think?

People have complained about Arcanis for a long time and I personally see a lot less action on fixing it versus the complaints that are heard. It happened when he was destroying Pathways (never brought up IC), it happened with cutting down trees months ago (brought up IC after complaints on here and my mentioning that it hadn't been brought up), and its happening again.

Its sort of a selfish argument for me, I love diplomacy, and I want to enjoy diplomacy between organizations, but everyone is too stuck in their ways to even attempt to diplomatically resolve something with an enemy.
    Actually...

First, re: pathways, I don't think we were ever able to confirm ICly that it was Arcanis (at least I didn't hear anything). Everyone knew, of course, due to forums, but if no one caught him ICly, how could we complain about it ICly?

Second, re: him cutting totems and setting fires, I sent a message to Lavinya (I think? Sorry if I got you confused with someone else) when Marcella was CL, and so did Xenthos, about a week after he started cutting down totems the last time. When you changed ambassadors, I spoke to him as well. Both of them said it was being discussed on the Iron Council. You even confirmed that yourself when you sent me a message about not going to punish him after Glom took that ship from Mag that one time about a month later.

Third, re: Mag not caring ICly, well, no, you probably don't. However, consider this: It takes a couple of seconds to cut down a totem, and it's impossible to have them all carved all the time. When a totem is cut down, we first have to gather five nuts by gathering 50 shadows (only 12 appear at once, and they respawn every 45 minutes or so), so that's about three hours for each totem right there. Then they have to grow, which takes a total of 96 IC days (they grow one stage every new moon, and there are three stages). In between this they have to be tended as well. This means that every totem cut down is a pretty sizable amount of work, both ICly and OOCly. I mean, there's a reason Glom and Seren never cut eachothers trees down anymore.
  • Synkarin said:
    Uh oh - new forum police, everyone watch out
    No, not forum police.  If I was trying to be a forum police I'd be flagging the crap out of everyone's posts or something ridiculous like that.

But really, sometimes the posts get to be a bit much.  It makes me not want to participate in the forums.  Which yes, I understand is something that I could easily do and then I'd never *have* to see it.   But I generally like the forums!

Just wish people would move certain conversations to a different thread at times, or something.  I'm entitled to my meme-pinions too you know!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    <Quoting Ssaliss because I hate the quoteblocks on the forums>

I haven't cut down a tree since the first year. I know it's completely dickish, and I even agreed/liked the posts that called out Arcanis.

We have tried to police Arcanis' actions over the forums for months and he hasn't changed.

I am assuming someone tried to issue him over one of the issues, and was rejected, I do not know the specifics someone would, but it as abusive as people claim, then they should've issued.

The only other thing to do is resolve the situation is with me, the city leader of Magnagora who is apparently a "corrupt dictator," and outside of the two documented attempts (one time I did leash him, but then Niico was created, and I didn't need to hold the leash anymore) there hasn't been much word on how to solve this problem.

I love Diplomacy. I play the Diplomacy board game. I played a crap ton of Paradox Interactive games. I would just prefer these situations be handled IC diplomatically first, then taken to the forums for the community to solve, and then finally if all else fails, issued.

I just feel as if no one has properly attempted to handle the Arcanis situation.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Gossip in Hallifax is just making sure all parties are properly informed. *sagenod*
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited July 2015
    If I don't respond to your tell, especially if you're from another org and it's official stuff it means I'm afk! I do apologise! I did see the Lerad tell asking if I was awake but not until the next morning, so I had no idea what it was about and presumed the moment was gone.

Ssalliss approached me about the Pathways, saying he presumed it was Arcanis. I did promise to look into it, but there's not much you can do unless he was caught in the act. He was asked if it was him, denied it, so I had no IC reason to pursue it. It's disappointing and frustrating, I'm sure. It's a shame people can't moderate themselves oocly sometimes to save everyone a headache. But I guess jerks will be jerks.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Silvanus Actually, the pathways thing was brought up IC, but you weren't leader at the time, and then the leader became...unavailable. And the person it affected most had quit playing by the time you were warlord again, so it was too late to do anything anymore.
    Celina said:

The irony of trying to use crying memes after flooding the forums over gnomes and finks. The envoys and admin were just getting ready to build an ark.
    Hey, there is no reason to bring up finks here. We have nothing to do with those dirty gnomes.

• There's just so much talk about me these days, and all I did was become a lumberjack. Staaahp.

• Silvanus said:

The only other thing to do is resolve the situation is with me, the city leader of Magnagora who is apparently a "corrupt dictator," and outside of the two documented attempts (one time I did leash him, but then Niico was created, and I didn't need to hold the leash anymore) there hasn't been much word on how to solve this problem.

#MagLeash

If you think mines bad, should see Munsia's.
    I'd just like to say that while I like the conflict going on here and hope it elevates ingame to epic griefing proportions, a certain someone in this convo needs to quit dancing around outing an alt before they get reported. No offense.
  • Meh. It's painful watching novices come in and be bright and enthusiastic and then turn into 'I'm not sure I want to keep playing because of x person and their behaviour'.

Can we, as people who really want the game to thrive and continue to bring in new blood, acknowledge if someone's behaviour is not being conducive to this and try and guide them into not being so unpleasant? Please? 
  • edited July 2015
    Nymerya said:

Can we, as people who really want the game to thrive and continue to bring in new blood, acknowledge if someone's behaviour is not being conducive to this and try and guide them into not being so unpleasant? Please? 
    We do try most of the time, but after the fifth 'But i don't understand why as a Magnagoran I should be Magnagoran' you just think 'OK done'. Mind you, everyone always told me, and still do, when I was being a c***. Some people listen and change, others don't.
  • Lavinya said:
    If I don't respond to your tell, especially if you're from another org and it's official stuff it means I'm afk! I do apologise! I did see the Lerad tell asking if I was awake but not until the next morning, so I had no idea what it was about and presumed the moment was gone.

Ssalliss approached me about the Pathways, saying he presumed it was Arcanis. I did promise to look into it, but there's not much you can do unless he was caught in the act. He was asked if it was him, denied it, so I had no IC reason to pursue it. It's disappointing and frustrating, I'm sure. It's a shame people can't moderate themselves oocly sometimes to save everyone a headache. But I guess jerks will be jerks.
    To be fair, I don't even remember approaching you about Arcanis destroying pathways, mostly because I had no real IC knowledge about it happening (and I try my darndest not to take OOC things IC). I know I sent you a few messages about him chopping down totems and putting Glom on fire though.
  • Silvanus said:

I think the main reason I never approached you personally was because of the Marcella situation. I mean, if a CL can declare war on an org, claiming to have the full backing of the Iron Council, and when it's discovered it's a complete fabrication she's allowed to remain (the only thing that led to her being replaced was her being shrubbed, and even then it was, from what I heard, a close call)... well, let's just say I stopped lookiing at the Warlord as the actual political leader of Mag. Plus, I had already spoken to Lavinya about it and she said it was being discussed by the Iron Council, so... I never really saw a reason to approach you personally.
    DON'T WORRY GUYS. I GOT THIS. I just got my diplomacy pants back from the dry cleaners. Lets get peaceful up in this bitch. 
  • Celina said:
    DON'T WORRY GUYS. I GOT THIS. I just got my diplomacy pants back from the dry cleaners. Lets get peaceful up in this bitch. 
    I have never before been so ragey about peace. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
This discussion has been closed.