Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• I sometimes feel like I'm an easy target, and people just 'reprimand' me, because it's the hip thing to do.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Unzareh said:
    I sometimes feel like I'm an easy target, and people just 'reprimand' me, because it's the hip thing to do.
    To be fair, you are a huge floppy butt sometimes. But some of us are into that!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Unzareh said:
    I sometimes feel like I'm an easy target, and people just 'reprimand' me, because it's the hip thing to do.
    To be fair, you are a huge floppy butt sometimes. But some of us are into that!
    I used to be adorable and trim. But I was quickly pickled and turned sour and floppy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's pretty damned frustrating to work all day on a jar (there's a lot of hours gone to get there) only to have someone else nab it at the end. Or give it away. I had it happen to me on two of my jars and it was highly irritating. Two whole days of mutting every time they respawned, then literally 5 minutes before I come around again to do the last round of mutts, it has been given away to someone not on the list.

I feel that pain. We have a list for a reason. Yes, we encourage people to help with mutts, but making an effort to help those on the list FIRST works better for everyone. Otherwise we may as well scrap the list and let the scrapping for jars begin.

Unzareh said:
    I used to be adorable and trim. But I was quickly pickled and turned sour and floppy.
    Picklebuuuuuuuuutt <3

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Shedrin said:
    Mantakaya (paralysis) and senso (slickness) are the big ones.

Other nice ones to have are... chansu (asthma), dulak (stupidity), aleutian (paranoia), niricol (blindness), ibululu (sensitivity), calcise (broken leg) and hadrudin (disloyalty).

If you wanna go all out, get all of them, but the others are more niche.
    DOn't forget Mactans.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Lorah's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Lorah swings his leg high into the air at your chest.
    Lorah cracks a white-gold angelic tahto staff precisely into your left arm, 
    causing spasms to numb your stiffening side.
    You are afflicted with hemiplegyleft.
    Lorah twists a white-gold angelic tahto staff painfully as it strikes.
    You stumble as your right leg shrivels into a useless appendage.
    You are afflicted with brokenrightleg.
    apply mending to leg
    Lorah cracks a white-gold angelic tahto staff precisely into your right arm, 
    causing spasms to numb your stiffening side.
    You are afflicted with hemiplegyright.
    Lorah twists a white-gold angelic tahto staff painfully as it strikes.
    You build upon your stratagem, adding action one as: ASSESS LORAH|WIPE 
    WEAPON|ENVENOM WEAPON WITH SENSO|HACK DOWN LORAH.
    You execute your stratagem.
    You glance over Lorah and see that his health is at 6693/6860.
    You assess the bodily wounds as follows:
    * Head has no wounds.
    * Chest has no wounds.
    * Gut has no wounds.
    * Left arm has no wounds.
    * Right arm has no wounds.
    * Left leg has light wounds.
    * Right leg has no wounds.
    4313h, 4260m, 4260e, 7p, 19120en, 19120w Bexp-
    You must first stand up before you can do that.
    stand
    You rub some senso on a bloodstone spurred wooden katana.
    You are not wielding a weapon with which to do that.
    You take out some mending salve and quickly rub it on your legs.
    The bones in your right leg mend.
    You have cured brokenrightleg.
    You must have two good legs to do that.
    You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.
    Lorah takes a long drag off his pipe.
    [Autocuring]: sip healing
    You take a drink of a potion of healing from a vial.
    The potion heals and soothes you.
    5642h, 4260m, 4260e, 7p, 19120en, 19120w Bexp-
    You may apply another salve to yourself.
    5642h, 4260m, 4260e, 7p, 19120en, 19120w Bexp-
    Lorah eats a bog myrtle leaf.
    5642h, 4260m, 4260e, 7p, 19120en, 19120w Bexp-hd
    You are:
    paralysed on the left side.
    (hemiplegyleft - cured by smoke myrtle)
    paralysed on the right side.
    (hemiplegyright - cured by smoke myrtle)
    sprawled on the ground.
    (sprawled - cured by stand)
    You have 3 afflictions.
    * FirstAid Sending: outr 1 myrtle
    You remove 1 myrtle, bringing the total in the rift to 996.
    * FirstAid Sending: put 1 myrtle in 157834
    Your right arm must be free.
    * FirstAid Sending: light 157834
    There is nothing in the pipe to light.
    * FirstAid Sending: smoke myrtle
    As admirable an intention as this smoking urge is, you cannot smoke that.

I dunno what Hemiplegy does other than completely screw me over ;-; Is there any way to prevent it? I was completely locked like this for another few minutes while he kept attacking, was really frustrating to deal with.

One thing that will really help is keeping your pipes lit. Gimme a few minutes.

-

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Honestly, if they're going to arm hemi spam you, parry arms and stance legs. Keep rebounding up (smoke faeleaf), and remember to grip before you fight so they can't disarm you.
  • You offer up 159 corpses to Manteekan, the Nightmare.

First runthrough done! Clearing the Undervault for days just to win the Glomdoring contest. Here we go!

• Sedanas said:
    You offer up 159 corpses to Manteekan, the Nightmare.

First runthrough done! Clearing the Undervault for days just to win the Glomdoring contest. Here we go!
    Delicious credits if you stay in your tier!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:
    Sedanas said:

I'm like 6 levels away from 80, so I'm not gonna stop if I wind up competing with Celina and whatnot :^) I'm gonna keep going either way

• Sedanas said:
    Salome said:
    Sedanas said:

I'm like 6 levels away from 80, so I'm not gonna stop if I wind up competing with Celina and whatnot :^) I'm gonna keep going either way
    Hey if we do an aetherhunt tonight, we'll be gaining some ground. :)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm not competing, for the record! 
  • edited June 2015
    Celina said:
    Oh thank god, I've heard horror stories about you and essence.. I might have a chance then!

@Salome Count me in! 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2015
    I think you're confusing @Celina with someone else. @Celina and essence barely belong in the same sentence

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Someone is lying to you! There are definitely better offerers in Glom than me. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Salome had better get demi soon so I have another high lady friend with which to glance at people scornfully.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited June 2015
    <<A strongly worded condemnation>>
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • You swing a bloodstone spurred wooden katana at a lumbering sandojin. You cut 
    him with a light wound.
    You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    The blade shears through a lumbering sandojin's body, coming clean through the 
    other side with a strangely quiet swish. He appears momentarily surprised, 
    before his eyes glaze over in death and he collapses to the ground.
    You have slain a lumbering sandojin.
    A small quantity of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of a lumbering sandojin.

Bwuhahahahaha, first time I've oneshot anything or got that kind if crit. I need moreeeee

• Sedanas said:
    Celina said:
    Oh thank god, I've heard horror stories about you and essence.. I might have a chance then!

@Salome Count me in! 
    Psst... I do a lot of hunting.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Sedanas said:
    Celina said:

@Salome Count me in! 
    Psst... I do a lot of hunting.
    I guess I'll just have to hunt more, then :^)

• Eritheyl whips a floating, puffball fungal asconoid with an iron chain, lashing 
    the skin from his flesh.
    Eritheyl whips a floating, puffball fungal asconoid with an iron chain, lashing 
    the skin from his flesh.
    Eritheyl has scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL HIT!!!
    Unable to withstand more punishment, a floating, puffball fungal asconoid 
    collapses and dies.
    A floating, puffball fungal asconoid has been slain by Eritheyl.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have 
    advanced to level 75.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Almighty.
    You have received 19 Bound Credits!
    Many golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.
    Eritheyl grabs the gold and distributes it to Eritheyl's Squad.
    You are handed 77 for yourself.
    Eritheyl suddenly scoops up the corpse of a floating, puffball fungal asconoid.

25 more to go! Thanks DogDad.

• Kethaera said:
    I decided I need to kill some of the beggars in Magnagora. Not all of them, mind you, just a couple that are well away from any guards. And only when no one is around. And if anyone calls me on it, I will brag about my feat for weeks afterwards.

Y'know... for the challenge. Bashing and influencing are getting so dull.
    Agree. This is starting to get dumb.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kethaera said:
    I decided I need to kill some of the beggars in Magnagora. Not all of them, mind you, just a couple that are well away from any guards. And only when no one is around. And if anyone calls me on it, I will brag about my feat for weeks afterwards.

Y'know... for the challenge. Bashing and influencing are getting so dull.
    I love how the guy doing it hit Disagree on your post. ;)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I like how he unclicked it when you posted that, like we don't know who has a stiffy for Glomdoring.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Man, I get people are going to hate me, but I wish they did because of things I actually did, not because of made up rumours that are so far from anything I've actually done I honestly am confused as to how they began. I really don't spend my time plotting to pee in everyone's cornflakes, though it seems a lot of people who don't know me from a bar of soap are spending a lot of energy hating me the player. Good grief.

This discussion has been closed.