Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Kethaera said:
    Celina said:
    DON'T WORRY GUYS. I GOT THIS. I just got my diplomacy pants back from the dry cleaners. Lets get peaceful up in this bitch. 
    I have never before been so ragey about peace. 
    Embrace the pacifism. I've turned over a new leaf. I am Celina, the Peaceful. I have no ulterior motives. 
  • There are some things you shouldn't joke about, Celina.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina either got lucky over the weekend or someone else is typing for her.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Maybe I'm a PK caterpillar emerging from my cocoon of love as a peaceful butterfly. People change. 
    Who are you and what did you do with Celina?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2015
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Nah, it's simple. Peace through War. The only way to get peace is to beat the snot out of your opponent.
    Ssaliss gets me.
  • Would be better if this drama happened IC, then my character, and other roleplaying characters, could react to it, instead we just in our manses going 'Slow day' and playing with ourselves.
  • Ventidius said:
    Would be better if this drama happened IC, then my character, and other roleplaying characters, could react to it, instead we just in our manses going 'Slow day' and playing with ourselves.
    Not all IC drama is necessarily going to be noticed by all people. At least we're generous enough to share it OOCly.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    This is playing out IC, for the record. 
  • edited July 2015
    Celina said:
    DON'T WORRY GUYS. I GOT THIS. I just got my diplomacy pants back from the dry cleaners. Lets get peaceful up in this bitch. 

edited July 2015
    I'd prefer if you just didn't respond to me. It makes me feel gross. 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ventidius said:
    Would be better if this drama happened IC, then my character, and other roleplaying characters, could react to it, instead we just in our manses going 'Slow day' and playing with ourselves.
    No one wants to know what you do in your manse...

• I think the latest public news post is fitting for what's been going on in here, OOC or otherwise!

Wow, the first time in 416 game-years that anyone has ever tried to unite the Basin and have people of all kinds meet up to settle their differences.
  • Shaddus said:
    Wow, the first time in 416 game-years that anyone has ever tried to unite the Basin and have people of all kinds meet up to settle their differences.
    You'll have to forgive me, I'm awful at telling if something is sarcastic or not.

Hi, I'm Shaddus. We may or may not have met before.

If it's me, it's meant to be sarcastic but in a friendly sort of way.
  • Sedanas said:
    I think the latest public news post is fitting for what's been going on in here, OOC or otherwise!

There's a huge difference between OOC frustration and IC frustration. Take @Celina, for example. As a player, I like her just fine and never has she said anything to me, OOCly, that would inspire any sort of resentment. And I talk to her a fair amount OOCly. No issues. IC? I take every excuse to argue with and insult her, and I don't care what you say about it, @Viravain. X(

The vast majority of Magnagorans(and everyone else) I also have no problem with, on an OOC level, even on the occasions I've argued with them on the forums. The -only one- that I see as different is Arcanis, as he strikes me as toxic well beyond the standard for in-game irritation, and seems to get off on the anger and frustration of others. I hope he leaves and never returns.

So... I'm not sure if you're taking OOC disagreements more seriously than I am or others are, or if you think that less conflict IC would make Lusternia more interesting, but on both counts I'd have to disagree. By all means, go for the conflict resolution rp if it interests you, but personally it seems the real problem is that things are far too peaceful lately and there isn't enough in-character drama. There are times I enjoy the forum drama because there's so little of it in the game.

Thus, I shall continue hating on @Celina and Magnagora.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Sedanas said:
    I think the latest public news post is fitting for what's been going on in here, OOC or otherwise!

So... I'm not sure if you're taking OOC disagreements more seriously than I am or others are, or if you think that less conflict IC would make Lusternia more interesting, but on both counts I'd have to disagree. By all means, go for the conflict resolution rp if it interests you, but personally it seems the real problem is that things are far too peaceful lately and there isn't enough in-character drama. There are times I enjoy the forum drama because there's so little of it in the game.

It's a bit of both, actually. I'm sure there will still be conflict after, but I'm very interested to see what happens when cards are laid upon the table, so to speak. I'm sure it will be a very interesting day for all of us

• Turns out the biggest threat to peace and unity in the Basin is a certain city. As a player, I appreciate what you're trying to do @Sedanas but there are too many assholes which make it impossible. The only way each organisation would accept peace is ultimate submission from everyone else, and that is their roleplay.
  • edited July 2015
    Kethaera said:
    Sedanas said:

The vast majority of Magnagorans(and everyone else) I also have no problem with, on an OOC level, even on the occasions I've argued with them on the forums. The -only one- that I see as different is Arcanis, as he strikes me as toxic well beyond the standard for in-game irritation, and seems to get off on the anger and frustration of others. I hope he leaves and never returns.

• Ventidius said:
    Turns out the biggest threat to peace and unity in the Basin is a certain city. As a player, I appreciate what you're trying to do Sedanas but there are too many assholes which make it impossible. The only way each organisation would accept peace is ultimate submission from everyone else, and that is their roleplay.

Im pretty sure the admin themselves would personally intervene and never let world peace occur in lusternia anyway.
    edited July 2015
    Kethaera said:
    Sedanas said:

There's a huge difference between OOC frustration and IC frustration. Take @Celina, for example. As a player, I like her just fine and never has she said anything to me, OOCly, that would inspire any sort of resentment. And I talk to her a fair amount OOCly. No issues. IC? I take every excuse to argue with and insult her, and I don't care what you say about it, @Viravain. X(

She totally ganked me yesterday while I was disconnected. Don't believe a word she says. She's totally out to grief me.

disclaimer: May not be the entire story.
  • Celina said:
    Kethaera said:

She totally ganked me yesterday while I was disconnected. Don't believe a word she says. She's totally out to grief me.

disclaimer: May not be the entire story.
    And I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. I feel awful about it, just awful. Hehehe... *cough*
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2015
    Wonderwand power 3 should be replaced... Also the wonderpipe should be useable for herbs.
  • Reminder that the Summit is now only 24 hours away! (5 PM PST) is when it should start if my calculations are right.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Fraid I'm going to miss it, but I would have had Dar show up to question Sedanas' diplomatic authority to host such an event.  :-B

Good luck!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Fraid I'm going to miss it, but I would have had Dar show up to question Sedanas' diplomatic authority to host such an event.  :-B

Good luck!
    Oh pffffft, Weeky said it was fine, was actually pretty neat seeing someone control an NPC for once :D

If the admins know about it, who knows what's going to happen?

This discussion has been closed.