Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Ciaran said:
    Consider that horse beaten?

You guys are so cranky!  It's summer folks! Go outside, smile while your skin sizzles :D
    I go to work when it's ~10-15C. I come home when it's ~10-15C. There Is No Such Thing As Summer.
  • Celina said:
    Sedanas said:
    Rancoura said:
    So... was that an OOC sentiment or an IC sentiment on Marcella's part? Or are lines really that blurred these days?
    I know Marcella rather personally, and I can safely say it's on both ends of the bridge, sad to say. 

She's a big grump but she's also lot's of fun to talk to if you can get on her good side! If I could do it as a Glom, I'm sure it isn't a permanent sentiment of hers.
    Oh that's good. She isn't completely consumed by her irrational OOC disdain of random new players who had the audacity to click the wrong org during the introduction. She deigns to look past their e-faults and speak to some of them. 

What a relief. I was starting to worry she was bad for the game at large. 

I don't know or care about the particular person, of course, but I am interested to know about the general dynamic.  So, sometimes, it can actually be really effective to do just this - be a bit "scary", maybe even be an outright jerk at times, so that people will try to "get on your good side" (and then say things like "oh, she's okay if you can get on her good side" to other people).  If it's done skillfully, and under the right circumstances, you can actually end up wielding a lot of power over others by... being a jerk.  You are essentially training people to be slightly afraid of you, and to work to have you be "nice" to them.  Is that something that people see happen from time to time here?
  • edited July 2015
    Celina said:
    Sedanas said:
    Rancoura said:
    So... was that an OOC sentiment or an IC sentiment on Marcella's part? Or are lines really that blurred these days?
    I know Marcella rather personally, and I can safely say it's on both ends of the bridge, sad to say. 

She's a big grump but she's also lot's of fun to talk to if you can get on her good side! If I could do it as a Glom, I'm sure it isn't a permanent sentiment of hers.
    Oh that's good. She isn't completely consumed by her irrational OOC disdain of random new players who had the audacity to click the wrong org during the introduction. She deigns to look past their e-faults and speak to some of them. 

We finally agree on something!
  • Ssaliss said:

Ciaran said:

You guys are so cranky!  It's summer folks! Go outside, smile while your skin sizzles :D
    I go to work when it's ~10-15C. I come home when it's ~10-15C. There Is No Such Thing As Summer.
    That's "A Really Warm Summer" where I'm from.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ciaran said:

The horse, while beaten to a pulp, is still quite relevant! Especially that part about telling people to kill themselves. Especially that part about homophobic slurs. What better way to spend the summer than lazying it out under the breeze of a palm shrubtree by the beach?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Kiskan said:
    Celina said:
    Sedanas said:
    Rancoura said:

I don't know or care about the particular person, of course, but I am interested to know about the general dynamic.  So, sometimes, it can actually be really effective to do just this - be a bit "scary", maybe even be an outright jerk at times, so that people will try to "get on your good side" (and then say things like "oh, she's okay if you can get on her good side" to other people).  If it's done skillfully, and under the right circumstances, you can actually end up wielding a lot of power over others by... being a jerk.  You are essentially training people to be slightly afraid of you, and to work to have you be "nice" to them.  Is that something that people see happen from time to time here?
    I mean, I get that as an RP position. It's how I play my character, in fact, and I think it's perfectly fine from an IC standpoint. Doing that as an actual person to other actual people, however, just makes you a jerk. 
    Arcanis said:
    Celina said:
    Sedanas said:
    Rancoura said:

We finally agree on something!
    It's funny because that post could have been written about you instead of Marcella. 
    @Celina, looooog in naaaao.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I'm at wooooork

(PM What's going on. I MUST KNOW)
    Something is always going on.

Someone whose name doesn't begin in an 'S' contested for Glom CL! Que horror!

I kid. I was trying to get you to log on.

#bringShikariback 

That's not even believable, the election always started.

Plus Someone has to continue to Svorai Ssaliss S legacy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited July 2015
    I should have ran. But then I'd need like... Tekora to move to Glom to continue the legacy.

Or Tau. Why do I always forget Tau? It'd be alphabetical order at least, unlike you sloppy S people.
    edited July 2015
    Csssselina. It's a soft C so I'm allowed to be next. 

Wyrden Empress Celina, Savior of Glomdoring. It has a nice ring to it. It's very subtle. 
  • Tsk, Celest/Seren+Aeden denied me pizza for like half an hour. I hope you are proud of yourselves.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    See, if this was Halifax, no problem. My platform? "T is greater than S. Therefore, mathematically, you have to vote for me for the good of the Collective."

How do you think Zitto got elected?
    My take on this is that S comes first before T. It is clearly Superior.

#bringShikariback 

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Sedanas has pleased me. Now tagging @Daraius to make sure he notices the vassal pack thing.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Waiting for a staged demonstration of toenailkata now.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Celina said:
    Csssselina. It's a soft C so I'm allowed to be next. 

Wyrden Empress Celina, Savior of Glomdoring. It has a nice ring to it. It's very subtle. 

Called it
    Are we forgetting Senthos and his regime?

#bringShikariback 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Daraius:

You attempt the Kata form of battle (momentum 3)

* ka darisho Tremula lleg left
    You pull back on a Tosha monastery spear before thrusting it at Tremula with the force of a falling tree before withdrawing just as quickly. 
    A Tosha monastery spear shears through the skin of Tremula's left leg, parting flesh and bone as easily as butter.
    * ka daporsho Tremula chest right
    Digging a Tosha monastery spear into the ground for support, you spin through the air and lash out at Tremula's chest with your right foot.
    The stylised diamond nails you wear on your right foot rake at Tremula's chest as you spin through the air, opening thin lines.
    * ka daporsho Tremula chest left
    Digging a Tosha monastery spear into the ground for support, you spin through the air and lash out at Tremula's chest with your left foot.
    The stylised diamond nails you wear on your left foot rake at Tremula's chest as you spin through the air, digging through the thin lines there to open deep gouges.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SEDANAS FOR DARK MARSHAL

NONE SHALL INTERRUPT THE LEGACY OF 'S'

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Arcanis already did interrupt that legacy when he replaced Svorai.

Unless Glom decides to false memory that away as well. Weve never been tainted, were wyrded! Arcanis wasn't Marshall, it was Sarcanis!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    For some reason, Sarcanis really amuses me.
  • Cool! Make this:
  • Xenthos said:

And here I thought watching the ebonguard wither away was your cup of tea. ;;)
  • Xenthos said:
    Arcanis said:
    Xenthos said:

topguilds

Guild               Novice Score  Member Score   Vote Rating
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Ebonguard            0               23               0
    Symphonium           0               20               0
    Minstrels            0               20               2
    Cantors              2               20               0
    Ninjakari            3               18               0
    Nihilists            2               18               0

Your jabs would work much better if they weren't obviously spite-driven. :)
    Is... Is that based on how long people stay online in our Guild, or actual activity? I don't mean to be rude, but seriously, there's only ever 2, very rarely 3, of us at most online. I've been trying to find someone to mentor for the longest :(

• edited July 2015
    Xenthos said:
    Arcanis said:
    Xenthos said:

topguilds

Guild               Novice Score  Member Score   Vote Rating
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Ebonguard            0               23               0
    Symphonium           0               20               0
    Minstrels            0               20               2
    Cantors              2               20               0
    Ninjakari            3               18               0
    Nihilists            2               18               0

Your jabs would work much better if they weren't obviously spite-driven. :)

You do realize topguilds means next to nothing in actual activity...right? 1 member can go around hunting all day and give their guild more a score than another guild with 5 members sitting around in a manse while they do their IRL reports. Frankly ebonguard withering away is what I heard from one of its own members, and when taking a look:

8.2.4.3 THE EBONGUARD GUILD

[COVENANT]
                          The Blacktalon Guild                      

[GUILD LEADERS]
                       Guildmaster: Xenthos (The Merciless Chieftain of the
                                    Ravenwood)
               Guild Administrator: Septim (The Keeper of the Blackened Bones)
                    Guild Champion: Karlach (The Master of the Bloodhunt)
                     Divine Patron: Shikari, the Predator
                       Guild Envoy: Xenthos (Maw of the Ebonglom)
                          Security: Zilias
                        Protectors: Vitas and Xenthos
                       Secretaries: Karlach
                  Undersecretaries: (nobody)
                  Guild Archivists: Xenthos
              Collegium Professors: Karlach and Xenthos

Admin that rarely shows up, Champion that no longer plays, and then there is you in 5 positions. Oh also no secretaries. Oh yes, very active..
This discussion has been closed.