Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Quality over quantity.
    Quantity over inactivity.
  • Shaddus said:
    Quality over quantity.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    We wonder why.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    Let me guess: when you were in Glom, someone didn't let you join the Ebonguard.
    Oh, it's worse than that; we have a Clhelp Xenthosregime that explains the whole thing. One whole line, too. ;)
  • Even if it's just Xenthos and I, we can still kick your butt, Arcanis ;^)

I'm sure I'm a good chunk of that Guild activity ranking. I pretty much do nothing but bash whenever I'm not trying to get into politics or stuff my face in the library :D

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Wow, Karlachh is still the GC.

Whatever your stance is, that's pretty pathetic.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    Wow, Karlachh is still the GC. Whatever your stance is, that's pretty pathetic.
    I wonder if it's possible to contest someone who doesn't play anymore? I've been looking to jump into a position lol

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You can.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Arcanis said:

Xenthos said:

For some reason, Sarcanis really amuses me.

And here I thought watching the ebonguard wither away was your cup of tea. ;;)

I generally don't care for arcanis, or what he posts. But props where props are due.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Silvanus said:
    Warriors aren't all that popular right now in PK. It's not that surprising. 
    edited July 2015
    Silvanus said:
    Nobody's actually felt like contesting him.  We've had a few coming through who were talking about doing it, but they wanted to "train more" before going for GC (the whole "I should be able to fight if I'm GC" thing).  I was kind of expecting Sedanas to do it, but he's contesting for CL instead. :p

Doesn't really matter much, it'll get replaced eventually when someone feels like doing it.  In the meantime, we're still humming along.  GC doesn't do much anyways, so it doesn't bother me.

PS: The TOPGUILDS thing isn't intended as a slight on the Nihilists, it's just an eyeroll at Arcanis.  Guilds in Lusternia tend to be stretched pretty thin these days and the numbers are not all that far apart. :)
  • Xenthos said:
    Silvanus said:
    Nobody's actually felt like contesting him.  We've had a few coming through who were talking about doing it, but they wanted to "train more" before going for GC (the whole "I should be able to fight if I'm GC" thing).  I was kind of expecting Sedanas to do it, but he's contesting for CL instead. :p

Doesn't really matter much, it'll get replaced eventually when someone feels like doing it.  In the meantime, we're still humming along.  GC doesn't do much anyways, so it doesn't bother me.

PS: The TOPGUILDS thing isn't intended as a slight on the Nihilists, it's just an eyeroll at Arcanis.  Guilds in Lusternia tend to be stretched pretty thin these days and the numbers are not all that far apart. :)
    Aw, I can't try for both? I need Guild advancement too, yknow!

Sedanas said:
    Xenthos said:
    Silvanus said:

Aw, I can't try for both? I need Guild advancement too, yknow!
    You can only hold one elected position at a time.  Sorry!
  • Xenthos said:
    Silvanus said:

Yeah...im sure -that's- why the Ebonguard is in the shape it is in and has been for near on a year now. I find it hilarious to use the excuse "warriors are just not popular right now". If that was so, then Ur'guard would be dead, and it isnt, because they supply such a flavorful RP concept. I do wish Karlach was around right now to state how Xenthos basically sucked the life dry out of Ebonguard.

• Lerad said:
    Arcanis said:

You do realize topguilds means next to nothing in actual activity...right? 1 member can go around hunting all day and give their guild more a score than another guild with 5 members sitting around in a manse while they do their IRL reports. Frankly ebonguard withering away is what I heard from one of its own members, and when taking a look:

By the way, a comment on the bolded line: A guild that has 5 members sitting around in their manse doing the IRL reports is certainly one "withering" more than a guild that has 1 newbie going around hunting in newton or the moors or upper shallach or anywhere, for that matter.

Arcanis always manages to undermine his own message without realizing how vacuous his words are. I don't know why none of you commented about it.

Oh wait, I know why. No one cares.

Wrong again Lerry-poo. Having '1 novice running around', which in this case would be Sedanas, is actually much worse than having 5 members on standby. Want to know why? Well as im sure Sedanas can attest here, it is because there would be no one active enough around to actually progress that 1 active novice to full member rank, nor to do their examinations. That 1 novice would also feel *Drum-roll*: NEGLECTED! Shocker I know, but true fact.

Whereas, if a novice or any member, would find their guild is filled with people who respond and show general interest, even if they arent seen running around hunting all day, then that alone is faaaaaaaaar better than any 1 novice being active.

P.S: Im pretty sure if Sedanas didnt appear recently and was active as he is, then Ebonguard score would be something dismal. :*
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm pretty sure you're throwing shade for something really stupid. There is no point in doing this because of how small our player base is. Can you just give it a bloody rest for one day?

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I agree, delete and consolidate guilds.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Preach it brother!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Psh. I'd still be GC of Serenguard if I didn't straight up leave the position. It's just a game-wide thing, and I think most warrior guilds are in similar positionsish.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Unless anyone can cite the formula behind TOPGUILDS, we should probably all stop using it as evidence as proof of how much x guild we thing is sucky is actually sucky as we claim it to be. Harbingers are number 2 and ur'guard are number 1, but there's not an ur'guard than could out pk me. So this whole karlach gibberish is a bunch of nonsense.

We get it, Arcanis. You hate everything Glom and every abstract x, y, and z reason you scrape up is evidence of how much of a failure we all are, and how we all failed to see you as the most glorious, successfull, talented leader that you are. SO sorry. forgive us, shitty peon, for our sins. 
  • A log of some of the Iklara reveal is here in the events section. Sorry if I left anything out.

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2070/iklara-revealed
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I really dislike a quiet, less populated guild being blamed on one person, as though he has done it deliberately, or has his priorities mixed up by actually living in the real world and thus not spending 24/7 in the game. How DARE Xenthos not greet every novice out of the portal personally with pompoms and placards and Ebonguard propaganda. Sheesh.

Also not replacing inactive guild whatevers irks me terribly. Anyone is better than no one. It chafed me for ages that the inactive ur'Guard GA wasn't replaced for months and months after disappearing, despite there being plenty of people in the guild.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited July 2015
    I'm sort of lost on how Xenthos is being blamed for a low-active-population guild as well. Guild Leaders can't force newbies to pick their guild or force their members to log in instead of doing whatever else is keeping them from doing so.

Pretty low and nonsensical blow, that.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure he should be commended for filling so many guild positions himself, rather than looked down upon. The man does what needs to be done.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited July 2015
    Tremula said:
    @Daraius:

You attempt the Kata form of battle (momentum 3)

* ka darisho Tremula lleg left
    You pull back on a Tosha monastery spear before thrusting it at Tremula with the force of a falling tree before withdrawing just as quickly. 
    A Tosha monastery spear shears through the skin of Tremula's left leg, parting flesh and bone as easily as butter.
    * ka daporsho Tremula chest right
    Digging a Tosha monastery spear into the ground for support, you spin through the air and lash out at Tremula's chest with your right foot.
    The stylised diamond nails you wear on your right foot rake at Tremula's chest as you spin through the air, opening thin lines.
    * ka daporsho Tremula chest left
    Digging a Tosha monastery spear into the ground for support, you spin through the air and lash out at Tremula's chest with your left foot.
    The stylised diamond nails you wear on your left foot rake at Tremula's chest as you spin through the air, digging through the thin lines there to open deep gouges.
    Also what the %@#$ please tell me this isn't real.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Rancoura said:
    Also what the %@#$ please tell me this isn't real.
    Nah they're just trollin. Hallimonks have chakrakata.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Having -been- a member of the Ebonguard before, for a long period of time, I can assure you that their low population is neither Xenthos' fault nor new. They've always been a low population guild. The most I've ever seen logged on at once was five.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Arcanis said:
    Xenthos said:
    Silvanus said:

Yeah...im sure -that's- why the Ebonguard is in the shape it is in and has been for near on a year now. I find it hilarious to use the excuse "warriors are just not popular right now". If that was so, then Ur'guard would be dead, and it isnt, because they supply such a flavorful RP concept. I do wish Karlach was around right now to state how Xenthos basically sucked the life dry out of Ebonguard.

You do realize that I was also in the Ebonguard two years ago, yes?  Your point makes very little sense-- I was GM when Morkarion joined, after all.  It's kind of like you pull disparate bits and pieces out of thin air and try to string them together to present an argument, but spend absolutely no time actually thinking about it.
This discussion has been closed.