Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Open it up to other orgs, good Knowledge prep!
  • brb, going to drag Valtreth back to active and join his order/hit on Auguste.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aerotan said:

brb, going to drag Valtreth back to active and join his order/hit on Auguste.

I wish. My Valtrethian did all the tasks for his path, got promoted as high as he could go, asked for a demotion so he could work on other order tasks (and look like a hard worker), and Val never showed back up :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Kiradawea said:

Anyway.

How to hold a quiz:

Look at cwho.
    See that there are many citizens about.
    Announce intent to hold a quiz over ct.
    Watch as cwho shrinks down to almost none.

And that is how you hold a quiz for only yourself and close friends.
    It became a kind of neat head-to-head miniquiz with people coming and going and everyone playing Quizmaster!

Unrelated: I try to grease the wheels a little in most cases, but is it too easy to get unenemied from Hallifax? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Daraius said:

Unrelated: I try to grease the wheels a little in most cases, but is it too easy to get unenemied from Hallifax? 
    Some of us just want it more.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Finally completed Muud alone. Thanks to Xenthos and Sidd for the tips. That was a nice story.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lerad said:
    Finally completed Muud alone. Thanks to Xenthos and Sidd for the tips. That was a nice story.
    The Vernal War stories are really kind of amazing.  Tragic, but amazing.
  • Daraius said:
    This is the time of year when new submissions to cartels are pushed through super fast, right? I'm wondering how plausible it is to get something designed, submitted for approval, and dig up a Trademaster to give me their slot for Beauty...
    I have a cartel for everything.. I am actually forgoing beauty this year and probably forever. Resigned that I am just not that good of a designer. So, anyone who wants to enter something, first come first server if you wanna use my cartels, more than welcome.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Arimisia said:
     Resigned that I am just not that good of a designer. So, anyone who wants to enter something, first come first server if you wanna use my cartels, more than welcome.
    I wouldn't think that. I've been told not to get my hopes up about Beauty, and I actually have people pay me credits to design for them. It's not a matter of how good your design is, it's a matter of appealing subjectively to the judges. You have no idea what they'll want to see, so you can only hope to give it your best shot. I've only seen one or two of your designs, but I think they're good!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited January 2015
    I've got an idea I'm in love with, but I also want to be able to use it, so it has to strike a balance between being showy and poetic for the judges, but humble and practical for Daraius.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm just hoping tipping my hand in my excitement doesn't hurt me too much.
  • Daraius said:

I doubt it. Nobody likes asking to be unenemied from Hallifax, or so far everyone I've listened to about it dreads the idea (Expensive and too long). There is a reason why the other orgs do not like bureaucracy at all.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I quite enjoyed getting my unjustly applied enemy status to Hallifax revoked. Given I was enemied for ordering a family castout/city traitor off a Magnagoran aetherhunt, it was silly to be applied in the first place, but the argument was fun. I brought up such points as taking the word of one miffed party without any research on context being highly unexpected for a place such as Hallifax that prides itself on knowledge and proper process. It was possibly an irritating headache for poor Maellio, but I liked it!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Iosai told me that Eventru's Realm isn't factored in anymore for explorer ranks so having it still in existence makes me second guess somewhat.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I thought Godrealms weren't ever factored in, to prevent Celestians from getting an edge in the rankings. And Hallifaxians. (!%@ navigating Elostian's realm.)
    Ventidius said:
    Daraius said:

I doubt it. Nobody likes asking to be unenemied from Hallifax, or so far everyone I've listened to about it dreads the idea (Expensive and too long). There is a reason why the other orgs do not like bureaucracy at all.
    This can't possibly be the case under my enlightened ambassadorial administration!  :-O

Unless you're talking to the few people who couldn't be arsed to write me a letter explaining in their own words why they were enemied.
    I used to make cakes.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Daraius said:
    Kiradawea said:

Anyway.

How to hold a quiz:

Look at cwho.

It became a kind of neat head-to-head miniquiz with people coming and going and everyone playing Quizmaster!

Related to your unrelated: Magnagora's got changed too 100 essence and one sacrifice at a Demon Lord for most enemies. 500 essence and 5 sacrifices to each Demon Lord if you were once a Magnagoran and got enemied. (Also made Caco enemy all city enemies, and one poem/limerick/song/literary piece revolving around the Caco was required, but I don't think anyone has tried that yet).

Gold fines are super boring, most  organizations are in no threat to be anywhere short of gold. I'm all for more creative/harder enemy statuses, that way, some thought could actually go into putting all these enemy statuses instead of being given a "temporary" enemy status for Chaos event that never gets removed.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Guess it's a good thing I'm not ambassador of Seren. I'd demand a formal apology in the form of a sonnet, a series of haiku, or a ballad, graded on sincerity, form, and grammar, and then an essence fine determined by the inverse of your grade.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    Ventidius said:
    Daraius said:

This can't possibly be the case under my enlightened ambassadorial administration!  :-O

Unless you're talking to the few people who couldn't be arsed to write me a letter explaining in their own words why they were enemied.
    Who is that nobody? Pretty sure the last two fines that were set were set by me and nobody's had an issue with them so far. Heck, one of them was 25k for someone who had done repeated raids. To me, that's not even pocket change. I just threw 100k gold at a painting auction for a painting that I don't really much care for just to get the ball rolling. Will I spend even more on the upcoming indentured servant auction in Halli? All the signs point to a yes. I spent 3m on the last one and never got any indentured serving. *peers at @Synkarin* You still owe me indentured serving, boyo. Unless you're talking about a fine to the excess of a million gold, it's hardly expensive.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    You should require that they read X important Hallifaxian books and write about them to make sure they understand. Mix some Collectivist evangelizing in with the unenemying.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Aerotan said:
    I thought Godrealms weren't ever factored in, to prevent Celestians from getting an edge in the rankings. And Hallifaxians. (!%@ navigating Elostian's realm.)
    Godrealms definitely factor in. I gained two ranks after getting access to Valtreth's realm.

• Portius said:
    You should require that they read X important Hallifaxian books and write about them to make sure they understand. Mix some Collectivist evangelizing in with the unenemying.
    I somehow feel like this would be Twilight Sparkle's preferred methods. Diplomacy through lectures and book reports.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Silvanus said:
    Daraius said:
    Kiradawea said:

Anyway.

How to hold a quiz:

Look at cwho.

Related to your unrelated: Magnagora's got changed too 100 essence and one sacrifice at a Demon Lord for most enemies. 500 essence and 5 sacrifices to each Demon Lord if you were once a Magnagoran and got enemied. (Also made Caco enemy all city enemies, and one poem/limerick/song/literary piece revolving around the Caco was required, but I don't think anyone has tried that yet).

Gold fines are super boring, most  organizations are in no threat to be anywhere short of gold. I'm all for more creative/harder enemy statuses, that way, some thought could actually go into putting all these enemy statuses instead of being given a "temporary" enemy status for Chaos event that never gets removed.
    We have had one, actually! @Kazel rose to the challenge with two limericks, which made me so happy. Sadly she was just given a gold fine to Mag without any sacrifice or essence cost (AHEM @Marcella) but I love making enemy status and removal mean something.

Portius said:
    omg yes. But the prospect of writing up that proposal gives me a headache.
    I used to make cakes.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    Portius said:
    omg yes. But the prospect of writing up that proposal gives me a headache.
    I think this is a common problem for anything happening in Hallifax.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Enemy statuses, uuuuggghhhh.

Few things are so terrible as trying to go through the proper avenues to have a status cleared...with a guild that has zero active leadership. My level of frustration is astronomical.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I give fines that will put the guild gold at a specific amount.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Eritheyl said:
    Enemy statuses, uuuuggghhhh.

Few things are so terrible as trying to go through the proper avenues to have a status cleared...with a guild that has zero active leadership. My level of frustration is astronomical.
    Yeah, sorry :( I'm really close to just going "Eh, screw this" and unenemy you myself.
This discussion has been closed.