Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Oh, so that's how you jumped to forum leader. You took Tweets and made it your point machine.

It's Daraius's cake pics versus Shaddus's tweets.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Notifications don't give points, goof.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • People posting in threads you create does!

/throws a donut at you
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    PRAISE LUSTERNIA
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Estarra said:
    let's not keep it civil
    You heard the Creatrix, time to call Shaddus a ninny.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Maligorn said:
    People posting in threads you create does!
    Is that true?!

LOCK TWEETS
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    No, it's not true. Lol!
    Varyx said:
    That feeling you get when a quest requires a certain number of denizen corpses but there aren't enough denizens...
    Welcome to Lusternia. :(
  • All this time Beauty contestants must wait to finally obtain the results... can't... take it... 
    I can't wait!
    This is the time of year when new submissions to cartels are pushed through super fast, right? I'm wondering how plausible it is to get something designed, submitted for approval, and dig up a Trademaster to give me their slot for Beauty...
    I used to make cakes.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    This is the time of year when new submissions to cartels are pushed through super fast, right? I'm wondering how plausible it is to get something designed, submitted for approval, and dig up a Trademaster to give me their slot for Beauty...
    Have an artisan cartel that isn't submitting anything for Beauty. Go for it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That feeling of making an off-topic post and actually being on topic? Must be tweets. <3

• Varyx said:
    That feeling you get when a quest requires a certain number of denizen corpses but there aren't enough denizens...
    If you ever find a quest doesn't have enough denizens to complete it by some number that doesn't seem intentional (some quests require multiple rounds of bashing on purpose), please bug it so we can look into it. Usually if it is off by 1 or 2, it isn't intentional, and if you bug it, we can fix it.

Crumkane said:
    Varyx said:
    If you ever find a quest doesn't have enough denizens to complete it by some number that doesn't seem intentional (some quests require multiple rounds of bashing on purpose), please bug it so we can look into it. Usually if it is off by 1 or 2, it isn't intentional, and if you bug it, we can fix it.
    Frosticia suffers horribly from this. (You need a couple more snowmen to grow the tree, then a couple more icelords to open the Terminus, then a couple more of both for the influencing stage to get babies, etc) Xion needs a round and 3 creatures. Slugs in Facility I can get... although it would be nice if all 5 colors were of equal amounts. Still, most cases it's do a full round, then add 1-2 more slugs from the next round to get slug juice. Both sides of the Crumkindivia conflict quest have that.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Speaking of that, @Crumkane was there ever a verdict on Xion being intentional or a mistake? You don't need anywhere near two full clears to complete the first stage, and waiting for the respawn cuts out a lot of time to solve/input the puzzles.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My understanding with Xion was that you really aren't getting that full clear 99.5% of the time, because of mobs spawning in rooms that are inaccessible until the step afterward is through.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    My understanding with Xion was that you really aren't getting that full clear 99.5% of the time, because of mobs spawning in rooms that are inaccessible until the step afterward is through.
    There are no rooms that are inaccessible and that mobs spawn in.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Elanorwen said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Then I will join the league of 'admin pls fix', cause damn if that quest doesn't take long enough already.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Huzzah, the general thread returns! The best one here because any topic is up for discussion (Except for aforementioned hijacking).

I just spoke to that Pseudo-scottish novice Zel. If you want an accent less coherent than Tully's, yu got it. He even thinks in an accent.

Does anyone else have a problem with that? I mean, with tells and city ethers, all mental communications, why would an accent translate there? Do you think it would? I'm not sure how I feel about it.
  • If we're begging clarifications on which quests are supposed to shortchange you on corpses, and which aren't. Could we please get a clarification on the scorpion caverns as well? The caverns require 15 corpses, and there are 15 monsters, however only 12 monsters actually leave a corpse. The beasties that you fight when you defend the Sunflower girl do not actually leave a corpse.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited January 2015
    Ventidius said:

Does anyone else have a problem with that? I mean, with tells and city ethers, all mental communications, why would an accent translate there? Do you think it would? I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    I find any accent a little annoying, but no more so than any kind of distinctive speech style, and definitely not enough to raise a stink about it. As for aethers and stuff, we don't typically think in words anyway, so there's already a layer of incongruity when you consider tells and aethers to be telepathic. If you want to rationalize it, just imagine the spoken accent and the telepathic accent to be manifestations of the same thought processes?

At the end of the day, it's about as bothersome to me as, for example, a character that rarely uses contractions or doesn't use the smile emote.
    I used to make cakes.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Found an accurate depiction of me every time I start talking about anything important on Lusternia.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited January 2015
    IT'S ALIVE!

Oh gosh, so much pent up tweets that I want to talk about.

- Chaos Hamster is SO CUTE.

- Im glad Nature seal is damaged. I HATE YOU FOREVER MORE!

- Yes, I set fire to Muhanlesh. I'll do so daily.

- I think I've studied more for Knowledge Seal than I do my own final exams :/.

- Dreamweaving is funny, but why the power cost to make motes :(.

- First shop and i'm loving it.

- BOLLIKIN WHY YOU MAKE ME CRY

- Panamandius, WHERE ARE YOU!

- I heard a rumor that Thax apparently lost his mind and is now but a killing machine. I am not pleased -.-

More at eleven.
    Ventidius said:

Huzzah, the general thread returns! The best one here because any topic is up for discussion (Except for aforementioned hijacking).

I just spoke to that Pseudo-scottish novice Zel. If you want an accent less coherent than Tully's, yu got it. He even thinks in an accent.

As long as he's not stuttering.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Then I will join the league of 'admin pls fix', cause damn if that quest doesn't take long enough already.

Kiradawea said:
    If we're begging clarifications on which quests are supposed to shortchange you on corpses, and which aren't. Could we please get a clarification on the scorpion caverns as well? The caverns require 15 corpses, and there are 15 monsters, however only 12 monsters actually leave a corpse. The beasties that you fight when you defend the Sunflower girl do not actually leave a corpse.

I think @Drocilla may have been looking into Xion, but if not, I can take a look. I will see if I can look into the scorpion caverns as well. If things are not dropping corpses, there is a possibility that may be intentional. Either way, please bug these if you see them happen, and we will do our best to look into them.

• So,  I've noticed that Eventru's realm is still in existence, but we are transported to the portal of fate upon stepping foot on it. As anyone knows, his realm was a massive piece of work and quite legendary for it, and I always felt it had a mark on Lusternia. Rather than hiding it away while it takes up code, why not reintroduce it as its own area?
  • edited January 2015
    Lyreth's too. And Auguste? Syridean may or may not have had a small crush on Auguste. Don't judge me
    Aerotan said:

Lyreth's too. And Auguste? Syridean may or may not have had a small crush on Auguste. Don't judge me

Lyreths was repurposed and Auguste technically works for Valtreth now.
This discussion has been closed.