Simple questions?

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't know either, but if not the first, then is it on the weave? That'd be my guess.
  • The sickly red light is harmonics resonance, iirc. It's incurable, but doesn't do anything by itself (if it is resonance). Resonance boosts ruby and shatterplex, but can only be put on a single target at once. Lasts for an hour.

The aquameld thing should be whirlpool. It's a portable cancer effect that stays with the melder, according to the AB. Probably bad luck that it procc'd so many times consecutively.

• edited January 2017
    Lerad said:
    The sickly red light is harmonics resonance, iirc. It's incurable, but doesn't do anything by itself (if it is resonance). Resonance boosts ruby and shatterplex, but can only be put on a single target at once. Lasts for an hour.

The aquameld thing should be whirlpool. It's a portable cancer effect that stays with the melder, according to the AB. Probably bad luck that it procc'd so many times consecutively.
    Sickly red light is bloodstone, which blocks a random amount of clotting (or increases the mana to clot, I forget) as well as causes increasing amounts of bleeding. Resonance is 'in resonance with Researcher'
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/zKwxORkK
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • edited January 2017
    Ah, right, so it lasts until the bloodstone spin time is over, which is a couple of minutes, I think.

• edited January 2017
    Lerad said:
    Ah, right, so it lasts until the bloodstone spin time is over, which is a couple of minutes, I think.
    Based on the symptoms, the first answer seems more correct. Unless there's some bug where the bloodstone effect stays up for the duration of the resonance. It is certainly lasting more than a couple of minutes.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2017
    That's weird. Usually the light fades after a short time, but then bloodstone just spins another light onto them a few seconds later. Getting away from the Researcher should get the blood light off after a few seconds.

• Oh. I thought it was a gem that travels with the target. Nevermind, then.

• Maligorn said:
    That's weird. Usually the light fades after a short time, but then bloodstone just spins another light onto them a few seconds later. Getting away from the Researcher should get the blood light off after a few seconds.
    I had to leave nodes for about 25 mins - it was still up when I came back to astral.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Idk. Resonance is the one that stays on forever, since it lasts through logout and the Researcher can deactivate it to save charges (though of course spinning a new Resonance gem breaks the first). Bloodstone is weird and I hate it and want to envoy it.

• Reylari said:

Sickly red light is bloodstone, which blocks a random amount of clotting (or increases the mana to clot, I forget) as well as causes increasing amounts of bleeding. Resonance is 'in resonance with Researcher'

Could you check that this is accurate? I am unsure if the issue is that I'm for some reason getting stuck with the bloodstone affliction for way too long, or if the sickly red light is mistakenly showing up as the diagnose line for resonance.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • That affliction lasts for ages. Not sure if its supposed to?

The sickly red light seems last for like half an hour after a fight
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yep, sickly red light lasts for a long time.  Never heard that it is supposed to be "just a couple of minutes" or I would have bugged it; I thought it was supposed to stick around.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It might depend on bleeding? I've noticed during combat it can fade pretty quickly, so maybe if you're out of combat and not actively bleeding it'll not have a reason to fade? Just taking a shot in the dark.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It's not as if it's a strong affliction. But yes, I'm fairly sure it lasts until you've clotted a certain amount of bleeding. @Shedrin could likely answer.
  • If reduces the effect of clotting slightly (I forget the specifics, but it's pretty negligible). Once you've clotted enough it goes away, else it'll stick around.
  • Can you submit a public design for a cartel for the Beauty seal?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     The Charites message trademasters which design they'd like to submit for each of their cartels, so I think as long as you're the designer of it you can talk with them to use it for one of your slots.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited January 2017
    So like. Is XP stacking bugged / stealth-nerfed / just doesn't like me? Or what...

100% bonus from cookies = I was getting 0.02-0.03% per dwarf in the Chancel...
    ... + 200% from Legendary ikon and 100% from achievement bonus... I was still getting 0.02-0.03%. :|
    ... The latter two wore off now, still getting the same amount. :|:|
    (yes, influencing, not killing)
  • edited January 2017
    Reylari said:
    So like. Is XP stacking bugged / stealth-nerfed / just doesn't like me? Or what...

... + 200% from Legendary ikon and 100% from achievement bonus... I was still getting 0.02-0.03%. :|
    Not bugged. Welcome to titan. Where things give you less than .01%. Dwarfs are probably giving you around .0075% without any buffs. (100% would push this to ~.02, 300%, would keep it in this range of .02-.03.)
  • edited January 2017
    Ayisdra said:
    Reylari said:

Not bugged. Welcome to titan. Where things give you less than .01%. Dwarfs are probably giving you around .0075% without any buffs. (100% would push this to ~.02, 300%, would keep it in this range of .02-.03.)
    Nope, it was the same in Lirangsha too where mobs give significantly more than Chancel. Getting ~0.04 - 0.06% (approx. 0.02-0.03 without any buffs, when I checked) per mob there with just cookies, and was also getting that much with ikon/achievement bonus.

edit: Even guards who were giving 0.01 per, every single guard (across 3 sets for a total of 120 guards) without buffs. Only increased to 0.02 with capped bonus. Not that it matters much now; I'm about to hit demi anyway. It just struck me as strange.
  • No, it's just how level 99 -> 100 is. It's almost a threefold increase in experience needed to level up, if I'm remembering correctly. 
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • I'm aware of that. And the drop in experience went as predicted. However, the increase from bonuses does not seem to scale past 100% as I stated.

To makes things clearer:
    98-99, with just cookies (100%), Lirangsha mobs gave between ~0.13-0.18% each. Working.
    99-100, with just cookies (100%), Lirangsha mobs are giving between 0.04-0.06% each. Working-ish. Rounding plays a part, obviously.

98-99 with cookies/epic ikon (200%), Lirangsha mobs gave between ~0.25-0.32ish. Working. Relatively (again, rounding)
    99-100 with cookies/Legendary ikon (300%, the supposed cap?), Lirangsha mobs are giving between 0.04-0.06% each. What?
  • edited January 2017
    Reylari said:
    I'm aware of that. And the drop in experience went as predicted. However, the increase from bonuses does not seem to scale past 100% as I stated.

To makes things clearer:
    98-99, with just cookies (100%), Lirangsha mobs gave between ~0.13-0.18% each. Working.
    99-100, with just cookies (100%), Lirangsha mobs are giving between 0.04-0.06% each. Working-ish. Rounding plays a part, obviously.

98-99 with cookies/epic ikon (200%), Lirangsha mobs gave between ~0.25-0.32ish. Working. Relatively (again, rounding)
    99-100 with cookies/Legendary ikon (300%, the supposed cap?), Lirangsha mobs are giving between 0.04-0.06% each. What?
    Rounding things, and not seeing the full value, is where you are messing up. Say you get .018 (which you only can see the .01 even if it is almost .02) from a mob. 100% bonus gives .036, with 200% this is .054, with 300%  it is .072.  Close to your given range.

Bonuses are added together before being applied. There is no cap on the xp bonus that I'm aware of.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @anita so long as the public design was submitted through said cartel and had the designer's name on it, it's allowed.

Sorry for the disagree @tremula, the charites don't msg the trademasters asking for designs, trademasters send their submissions to the charites with the relevant information. 

• Thanks very much, the Charites sent me a message too to let me know. I just need to find an artisan so I remember the design number I submitted :D
  • edited January 2017
    How do aethersuits interact with acrobatics dodging?

It would appear that I'm not dodging anymore (since the change to only allow leathers for dodging).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: I take it back, I apparently was mistaken
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Lavinya said:
    Sorry for the disagree @tremula, the charites don't msg the trademasters asking for designs, trademasters send their submissions to the charites with the relevant information. 
    In the vein of this question, how do we know if we are the trademaster of a cartel?
    Like, if we got the cartel from a guild position, is there a command I can try? 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tylwyth said:
    Lavinya said:
    In the vein of this question, how do we know if we are the trademaster of a cartel?
    Like, if we got the cartel from a guild position, is there a command I can try? 
    I'm not online to check, but I'm fairly sure that if you check your clan list, the cartels you are trademaster for will say so. You also get a message every year for each cartel about having free design slots when you're a trademaster, so if you haven't been getting those, you aren't the trademaster.
  • Yes I checked with people in game(thanks ssaliss).
    thank you
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Is there a list of rewards/prizes for the ascension competition? Like 1st place gets the seal, 2nd place gets?