Simple questions?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ascension itself, or the seal contests?
  • Oh sorry the seal contests but well does ascention itself have any 2nd place etc rewards?
  • edited January 2017
    Credits

ANNOUNCE NEWS #717
    Date: 1/20/2007 at 20:05
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Seal Winners

For the Challenges this weekend, the awards for 2nd-5th place are:

Second Place: 700 Credits
    Third Place: 500 Credits
    Fourth Place: 250 Credits
    Fifth Place: 100 Credits

Good luck to all contestants!

edit - afaik it's the same every time.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Oh, it's only to 5th place? It's clear I played Glom last time around, as I had some false memory thinking it was up to 10th. I feel less bad about being unable to compete in a lot of stuff, now.
  • Apologies if this has been asked before - is there a command I can use to find all the alts linked to my current character, in the event it's been too long and I've forgotten their names?
  • Kaeden said:
    Apologies if this has been asked before - is there a command I can use to find all the alts linked to my current character, in the event it's been too long and I've forgotten their names?
    CHARACTERS will show you all characters connected to the email you used for this character.
  • Does anyone know how arti-wings interact with beast flight?  My understanding is that artifact wings allow you to FLY with a shorter balance.

(If I buy arti wings, will spur beast skywards be faster?)

If not, I wonder if it would be possible to change?  It'd be annoying to always have to dismount/fly.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited January 2017
    As far as I'm aware they don't interact at all. The wings give you natural flight like a faeling or a trill. beast flight lets you spur your beast into flight but requires being mounted. I mean in theory natural flight is better as you can't lose it with a dead beast or if for example if forced movement makes you lose your beast I'm a different room. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Also with wings, if you 'fly' while mounted, your beast will just fly up with you. So, basically, does what you want, just you won't 'spur' anymore, but 'fly'. Beast still needs flying to be able to follow you into the sky, though.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Also with wings, if you 'fly' while mounted, your beast will just fly up with you. So, basically, does what you want, just you won't 'spur' anymore, but 'fly'. Beast still needs flying to be able to follow you into the sky, though.
    Aha! That's great, I had no idea. Thanks
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • @Ciaran just get a cloud from our spire. You get flying for free!
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Breandryn said:only to 5th place? It's clear I played Glom last time around, as I had some false memory thinking it was up to 10th. I feel less bad about being unable to compete in a lot of stuff, now.
    :You may be thinking of a death challenge competition. They're  usually to 10th with separate brackets for demi and non.
  • Riluna said:
    Credits

ANNOUNCE NEWS #717
    Date: 1/20/2007 at 20:05
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Seal Winners

For the Challenges this weekend, the awards for 2nd-5th place are:

Second Place: 700 Credits
    Third Place: 500 Credits
    Fourth Place: 250 Credits
    Fifth Place: 100 Credits

Good luck to all contestants!

edit - afaik it's the same every time.
    War is different iirc
  • Oh how do war rewards work? I just guessed it was the same credits just split into a three way thing?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    Oh how do war rewards work? I just guessed it was the same credits just split into a three way thing?
    Teams win / place instead of individuals, and everyone on the team gets a placing reward (so there are more prizes available, 3x for each tier level).  The main difference is that the winning team has two credit prizes and the Seal prize.  They have to agree on who gets the medallion and who gets the credits.  If they can't agree, there is a final battle where they fight amongst themselves and the last one standing gets the Seal (has this ever actually happened?).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    In recent years, haven't the winning teams been two ascendants and one non-ascendant?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    In recent years, haven't the winning teams been two ascendants and one non-ascendant?
    That does make deciding just a teeny bit easier, yes.
  • Doesn't even have to be a non-ascendant - just a non-TA.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Any team composition is valid except for 3x TA.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #2681
    "We'll have one auction per week for the month
    of January and may slip in a unique artifact that's never been released!"

@Estarra

Are the auctions over for now then or was it just the two?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Does offering someone's corpse have any impact on how long it will take them to conglute/phoenix/pray?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Does anyone got a log of last years Life event? Also do the affliction lines the furrikins say change?
  • hrm, how do I actually attach a tailoring knot to an aethersuit? Enchanting doesn't seem to work.
  • Saran said:
    hrm, how do I actually attach a tailoring knot to an aethersuit? Enchanting doesn't seem to work.
    Aethersuits are considered forged armor (so a forger attaches tailoring knots to aethersuits)
  • edited January 2017
    Ayisdra said:
    Saran said:
    hrm, how do I actually attach a tailoring knot to an aethersuit? Enchanting doesn't seem to work.
    Aethersuits are considered forged armor (so a forger attaches tailoring knots to aethersuits)
    ...ugh

oh wait, getting a forger was way easier, yay

• Does the gold cap reset with the weave or is there some other mechanism that tracks it?
  • Thought it was per weave?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I don't know if it is the weave. I think it may be on a 24hr timer cause I've continued hunting at weave reset and got the smallest gold drops. So I'm a bit confused if it is or isn't
  • It resets every weave.