Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I think it makes a lot less sense to elide the middle syllable when you consider the origin of the name Glomdoring from the refutation of "D'or glom" -- that middle syllable's an entire word. Not that that never happens in real languages, it just usually takes far longer than we've had.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Glawm dough ring
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • boo for IC grudges turning into OOC ones
    Not an OOC grudge, but you no longer have an IC reason to be in the OOC clan. Especially when you lashed out at someone instead of trying to resolve the problem you have with Hallifax :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Do Tinkers exist anymore??? My figurine is too fabulously full to not be miniaturised, weep.

Lavinya said:
    Do Tinkers exist anymore??? My figurine is too fabulously full to not be miniaturised, weep.
    If you aren't enemied to Serenwilde (or have a lot of gold), ask Niina.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shaddus said:
    Not an OOC grudge, but you no longer have an IC reason to be in the OOC clan. Especially when you lashed out at someone instead of trying to resolve the problem you have with Hallifax :)
    Enemying someone for killing a citizen in their territory isn't "lashing out."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    actually it depends on how verbose the reasoning is. the more verbose the more you're lashing out. this is been established don't you read forums ?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    actually it depends on how verbose the reasoning is. the more verbose the more you're lashing out. this is been established don't you read forums ?
    There's stuff here worth reading?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited March 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Enemying someone for killing a citizen in their territory isn't "lashing out."
    Actually, that's just the end of it.

Elanorwen apparently started spam-spitting at Marcella and other people. Marcella, who until that time had been welcome in Hallifax (and who I encouraged other people to put up with and be polite to), came to the Matrix and challenged Elanorwen to a duel. Elanorwen then enemied her to the city and the guards killed her.  Now, I wasn't around for any of this. If Marcella had come to me or the Board or a leader at all, we'd have fixed it and likely punished Elanorwen. This crap isn't acceptable. 

Instead, Marcella decides that "They're a Collective, they all spit on me" and starts raiding Air/ganking citizens. I, who had paid fines/power to be unenemied to almost everywhere non-Gaudi, worked my hump off trying not to lash out at Mag in response, but Marcella never approached me ICly to resolve it. She just kept attacking Hallifax.

So today, I'm with a few Celestians/Serens on Astral hunting, and we get zerged by Gloms and Gaudis. She's part of the group attacking us, and probably the only Mag there. Most of us get away, and I end up going to Nil to kill a few demons, deciding that keeping my unenemied status isn't worth it. I go through the Megalith on Earth to Nil, where Deino is influencing. I doff my helm, go call a ship, go to earth to wait. After the ship arrives, I realise I hadn't even been scried once. I walk back to the Megalith on Nil, where Deino is still influencing guards. I decap her, walk to earth and curio out.

Edit: Marcella's post is in response to my removing her from Halli's ooc "people we like who may or may not be in Hallifax, and if they aren't, we're going to try and get them into Halli someday" clan. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    Lavinya said:
    If you aren't enemied to Serenwilde (or have a lot of gold), ask Niina.

Serenwilde has stupid trade bans :(

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    Halli's ooc "people we like who may or may not be in Hallifax, and if they aren't, we're going to try and get them into Halli someday" clan. 
    I see how it is. I never liked you guys anyways D:. IS THAT WHY ZYPHORA DIDN'T INVITE ME TO HER WEDDING?!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    To be fair you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time today, you were on Astral with a bunch of people who've been raiding EtherGlom and other places lately, so the group together was put together just to make them miserable.

As to the Elanorwen/Marcella drama, I've got my own opinion and it's not exactly shining of either of them.

Neos said:

Shaddus said:

Halli's ooc "people we like who may or may not be in Hallifax, and if they aren't, we're going to try and get them into Halli someday" clan. 

I see how it is. I never liked you guys anyways D:. IS THAT WHY ZYPHORA DIDN'T INVITE ME TO HER WEDDING?!

Zyphora didn't even invite her ex-husband to her wedding. Not that she would have, but still.

I had to console myself by sending her and Turnus some chocolate crit-cake and two scoops of the now non-existent white chocolate ice cream Pectus designed and the Charites deleted.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I FEEL THE MELD. IT BECKONS. ARGH.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

It's a trap, hopefully someone will warn you before you make that mistake.

Must weight the pros and cons. ._.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Pros: slightly better influencing in your meld, the awesome (in my opinion) Crow skillset.
    Cons; totem carving, no real offense outside your meld, have to buy demesne Artie's just to be able to meld large areas, you're the priority target when being raided/during domoths, and so on.
  • edited March 2014
    Yep, Crow is awesome. I don't know about it's potential in PvP compared to other skillsets, but I love it because the RP opportunities...and cawing. Yes, we cawn :D
    (though that's phonologically incorrect) 
  • Pros: All of them. And @Aerdiya is there. SIAM WHY DO YOU EVEN QUESTION IT.
    Cons: None. Except that you have to listen to silly people in the EG occasionally natter on about being strong and stuff.
  • @Svorai, @Ried and lots of other awesome people are there as well. And we have free carrion for everybody. 
    Because credits and lessons. AND GOSH I DON'T KNOW HOW MELDS WORK. derp.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Because credits and lessons. AND GOSH I DON'T KNOW HOW MELDS WORK. derp.
    Step one: Meld a room. Step two: Get the room broken by an enemy combattant. Repeat.
    Ohgosh. I think I just stopped being a druid before I even became one. ._.

#bringShikariback 

• I've never actually been a melder before, but it's something on my bucket list of things to do before I quit playing. There's something inherently attractive about being a walking passive effect in Lusternia for me. Well, I'm not quitting anytime soon, so I probably won't become a melder anytime soon either.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Stay classy, PKers of Hallifax. So classy.
    Celina said:
    Context plz.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Shaddus said:
    Celina said:
    Context plz.

Everything that just happened above these posts.

Oh, only the Pkers of Hallifax are at fault for all of that?

Seems legit.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lerad said:
    I've never actually been a melder before, but it's something on my bucket list of things to do before I quit playing. There's something inherently attractive about being a walking passive effect in Lusternia for me. Well, I'm not quitting anytime soon, so I probably won't become a melder anytime soon either.
    Technically, melders are not walking passive effects. Bards and the chem/wood users are, but melders are more, walking mobile bases that takes at least a day to properly setup, and you're forced to try and stop the enemy from putting their base where your base is, while bleeding out from a gunshot wound. There was more I wanted to write, but I forgot, I just got up.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
This discussion has been closed.