Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Saying you're going to kill the Moondancer guild is like saying you're going to install a GM for life in the Cacophony.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Flash client. loading. loading. loading.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Morkarion said:
    Saying you're going to kill the Moondancer guild is like saying you're going to install a GM for life in the Cacophony.
    Llandros is confused by this.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Silvanus said:
    Morkarion said:
    Llandros is confused by this.
    In the entire time I've played, he's been the GM, even when he's taken breaks, other people take breaks and be replaced, he somehow manages to retain his seat.

It's like he's got the job for life.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2014
    That seems to be something of a theme in the bard guilds, at least in the first four.

EDIT: I'm one to talk >_>
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I think it has to do with bards being kind of....boring. Their lore is so hodgepodge.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    Celina said:

I think it has to do with bards being kind of....boring. Their lore is so hodgepodge.

WHAT. Harbs totli have Deathwatch beatles. And Mahalla. And Kririk. And a stone organ.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited March 2014
    Worst pickup line ever: "Hey there! Wanna see my stone organ?"

Celina said:

Know dat feel. IIRC, Harbs did kidna get a good thing going eventually, no idea about the others.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I think the Spiritsingers have an enormously vast potential for their lore. I haven't checked whether or not they've taken advantage of that.

And Ev stayed GM for 108 years for just the same reason--no one wanted to replace him, even when I was semi-inactive.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Minstrels, on the other hand...at least we have a cool (if annoyingly long and repetitive) quest now.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    The harbs have a cool thing going, they started out with some awful doll concept that was promptly removed. The Dark Heart/symphony of the physical forest thing is pretty awesome. It's just that no one knows about it but the harbs. Possibly because it steps on EVERY other guilds toes and it might turn in to Mean Girls: Glomdoring edition.

• Celina said:
    The harbs have a cool thing going, they started out with some awful doll concept that was promptly removed.
    They didn't start out will the doll concept. That was about the third or fourth revision of "what should Harb RP be about?" and about two years or more down the line.
    Oh. Well they dropped it like a hot potato either way.
  • The shofangi switch leadership like Shaddus changes his alts. >.> grab power, go inactive. grab power again, go inactive. Nothing actually gets down during the term of service. FEH.
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xeria said:
    The shofangi switch leadership like Shaddus changes his alts. >.> grab power, go inactive. grab power again, go inactive. Nothing actually gets down during the term of service. FEH.
    Actually, a lot tends to get done when I take over ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Eritheyl said:
    Minstrels, on the other hand...at least we have a cool (if annoyingly long and repetitive) quest now.
    Does yours have to be done without fail, lest your entire org be penalized?
  • edited March 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Xeria said:
    The shofangi switch leadership like Shaddus changes his alts. >.> grab power, go inactive. grab power again, go inactive. Nothing actually gets down during the term of service. FEH.
    @Shaddus, if you're in the shofangi, I'm still waiting! 

(If you agree to toe the party line, I'd welcome an active leader. I do need help in writing the scrolls. Don't mess with my novice advancement system, and what's already written down. We're all good)
    is dead like the dodo
    Xeria said:
    Shaddus said:
    Xeria said:
    Shaddus, if you're in the shofangi, I'm still waiting! 

(If you agree to toe the party line, I'd welcome an active leader. I do need help in writing the scrolls. Don't mess with my novice advancement system, and what's already written down. We're all good)
    I am assuredly not playing anyone active in the Shofangi.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    SOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNY KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Munsia said:

Your banner claims 8.
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:

Your banner claims 8.
    Makes me cry, I've gotten twice that in the last two hours :(
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Turnus said:
    Welcome to tedious guild quest anonymous. Please take a name tag. Coffee and donuts are in the back. If you need a sponsor I'm sure anybody in the SG will volunteer.
    You guys have it hilaribad. Have you considered maybe reaching out to your patron and seeing if some plot twist can't be done to work in an end-all event?

Though more to the point, I love what the SG's have done with their roleplay, it's a pity I can't touch base with it at all - I've tried. Minstrels, we...just kind of had the "we drink and drink and drink and drink" shtick reinforced tenfold at every angle. It's a very cool quest, mind you, but...meh. Sick of our whole rp being at the bottom of a glass, efforts to skew slightly in another direction have fallen pretty flat.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    Turnus said:
    Welcome to tedious guild quest anonymous. Please take a name tag. Coffee and donuts are in the back. If you need a sponsor I'm sure anybody in the SG will volunteer.
    You guys have it hilaribad. Have you considered maybe reaching out to your patron and seeing if some plot twist can't be done to work in an end-all event?

Though more to the point, I love what the SG's have done with their roleplay, it's a pity I can't touch base with it at all - I've tried. Minstrels, we...just kind of had the "we drink and drink and drink and drink" shtick reinforced tenfold at every angle. It's a very cool quest, mind you, but...meh. Sick of our whole rp being at the bottom of a glass, efforts to skew slightly in another direction have fallen pretty flat.
    Do I need to be active in the Minstrels again? :/
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    The Order war fight was pretty fun, but man. WHYYYYYYYY.
    Tridemon initiated it!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kelly said:
    The Order war fight was pretty fun, but man. WHYYYYYYYY.
    I'd say ask the initiator, heh. It says Valtreth was the order that the declaration originated with.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Yes, I was aware. Griefed by my own. :(
    If I didn't know any better, I'd say he probably meant to just have them aggressive towards each other in godfeelings.
This discussion has been closed.