Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm just saying Tacita is a secret PKer. She's not fooling anyone!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited April 2014
    She just slips in mana barbs and watches people's heads pop on final twist. The frustration is similar to people stomping your toads I assume.

Now she's gone Knight, just watch for her stealing my critical heads... just watch. >:(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    spammable burst damage
    This makes me sad. It's an accurate depiction, but it makes me sad.
  • K/D is a measure of how often you participate in PK, maybe, but not necessarily how effective you are in combat.

There is no singular metric that can be used to measure one's PK effectiveness. Context is always important. For example, Shuyin and myself have been on the "winning" side since the implementation of the kill/death tracking, and so our numbers are cushioned by the fact that we've had the advantage for some time.

You also have to consider tertiaries, escape skills, movement arties, etc. I.E. Tarot and healing are both great skills to boost survivability and up your KtD ratio. That being said, Sacraments is the king of survival, and Kelly is now infamously the most suicidial Lusternian. So it goes both ways.

However, I do think Kill to death ratios do show both sides of the coin in that it's more than just the swathes of people you kill with your damage button, but also how well you survive and adapt, which is an important part of PK! I don't think it's coincident that those higher in the KtD ratio are also the more experienced. Even Xenthos, while not an avid PKer, has a lot of experience in group fighting, understands the flow of team comabt, . His numbers can compete with the most avid PKers around despite him being far less involved in daily PK. His number certainly isn't a measure of how often he participates!

• Your points are all valid.

I'm only taking some of the wind out of the sails, not all of it. Heh.

As far as the melder discussion goes, I think a lot of it has to do with the quality of melders and the reality of being a meld holder. You can't really lump them all together anymore. IMO you can't rank druids with mages, because mage world in group fights is just much easier.

Vadi, for instance, has a really fantastic understanding of how to operate a meld. He's extremely flexible and adaptable, while having a firm grasp of the logistics behind meld design and breaking. However, Vadi also gets focused down very quickly and he's just a druid. He goes splat fast once he's caught. Compare his survivability against a TK's and the TK will win every time.

After him, there are a few damage button mashers who can hold one and survive. They can do their job and they do it pretty well, because they get kills and can stay alive. They do well because they are skilled enough to take advantage of specific mechanics. However, they aren't the "next level" melders that come around every so often. Krellan, Fillin, Vadi, etc.

I hates being a melder. Least favorite job ever.

Straight up kills number alone may show your active participation/potential to score killing blows, it's the ratio I find more interesting for the reasons that Celina put above. By rights if you participate more in PK you should, in that theory, die more often.

When you've people who have similar kill rates but vastly different death rates, or even more kills to less deaths, you start to gain some idea of individual potential* as opposed to just "who is active/who isn't."

*I use the word potential because skill would detract from the fact certain skillsets/classes/abilities have an innate advantage in terms of either killing power or survivability.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    When I get back from work I can probably work out what percentage of my kills were done as warrior vs illu
    He means pinleg vs destruction.
    Continuing the melder discussion, I consider Vadi of the older generation. When I mean current/new generation I'm talking people who've begun life as a meld holder in the past 2 years. Their K/D ratios are seriously lower than previous generations.

:(
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited April 2014
    'Krellan' lol

I actually find it amusing that people even chalk me up to 'just riding tk' I've been a melder since open beta, I've ridden ever single Druidry spec prior to shamanism (prior to eco nerfs though)

I'm just as good as vadi, if not a level above because of pure experience in the field as a melder. Krellan was nothing to speak of either. TK isn't even a thing anymore, because of the way vessels are. Furthermore people going 'lol all you have is damage' no...no we had other things, but every time I use something else it gets nerfed. The base fat is Geo meld IS damage, that's -all- it has. It has no stacking aff's, it does NOTHING else. It just does damage, and it has things supporting it for damage kills. I've been a druid for 2 rl years, I've been 3 different mage classes. 

I'm not sub par, I am top tier melder. 
  • The Overhaul should track damage points, affliction points (varying with each affliction and level, of course), instakill points, relative level/might of attacker and victim, etc. Only when we have ALL the data can the game ever truly be balanced!

Krellan was extremely smart. You don't have to like the guy to accept that he was ridiculously creative and adaptable. Fantastic melder to have on your side. I personally witnessed him outplay Fillin on Nil a few times.
    Rivius said:
    I wish lusternia had assists
    Tendon-wenches would get so much more credit.

Well this wasn't really intended to be a pissing match about who is top tier and who isn't. I don't personally care, nor am I inclined to agree or disagree with anyone's personal judgement of themselves. If you think you're top tier, great. More power to you.
    I'm overpowered and only do well because of hekoskeri
  • Celina said:
    Well this wasn't really intended to be a pissing match about who is top tier and who isn't.
    PK pissing matches, uh, find a way.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:
    I'm overpowered and only do well because of hekoskeri
    You said it, along with everybody else.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    OP PKer confessions: Black Shuck killed everything for me.
  • He never killed anything for me :( Then again, that was after Kio nerfed him.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Did you ever tell him to attack anyone? I thought he was enjoying puppy spa time.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Those nerfs actually got implemented?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tarkenton said:
    Nope.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Xenthos said:
    Did you ever tell him to attack anyone? I thought he was enjoying puppy spa time.
    Oh. I guess that might've been what I did wrong.
  • Tarkenton said:
    When the envoy of the SD names the pet "plizznurf" (or something to that effect), it's a pretty good indicator of his ambitions with it.

It was envoyed, the admin never gave an answer one way or the other.

The intention was fine. The suggested change was six kinds of awful though.

This discussion has been closed.