Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• By process of deduction, I have figured out who Preston is. Not going to name and shame, but also not going to say I am surprised.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Neos: the eternal downplayer of how great an aqua demense is in group fights.
  • Of course a 'gentleman's agreement' would be null and void when it is my turn to do a quest.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited April 2014
    Celina: the eternal downplayer of all classes she's associated with.

Celina: the eternal exaggerator of all classes that aren't hers.

Aqua melds are the worst melds out of all of the Mages, the only noticeable things they do is slow running away and breaking up groups. That's not something to write home about.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'll say the same thing I've been saying for 9 years - lets just get rid of demesnes. I'd be so happy :P
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited April 2014
    Being the weakest mage spec does not make you the weakest class.

If anything i figure Celina's focus was on Neos, not so much Aquas. He really does post a lot about aquas being bad, to be fair.

I'll even spell it out: Mancer mages aren't a weak class.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2014
    Arsalil said:
    Of course a 'gentleman's agreement' would be null and void when it is my turn to do a quest.
    You still seem to be under the assumption that I (or Eritheyl) had any idea whatsoever about this supposed agreement. But you've every right to be annoyed, I'm a total asshole. Don't have to be vague about it.

Nothing personal, etc.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Here's the only thing Neos said about his meld and mages in general:

"Aquamesne doesn't do much, compared to a Pyromesne, in so many ways and you didn't get pushed around by currents until later in the fight, which kept you alive longer. I fully accept we loss and know what played in our loss, my comment in regards to envoy reports more had to do with various oversights and issues I felt with different aspects of my skills, without needing to make a long post about it. . "

Which was in a response to:

"Your Aquamesne is just as OP in that you kept tossing us about. Sheesh. We kept dying because we kept getting picked off."

I see nothing there claiming that Mancers are a weak class or anything like that. Celina brought up the fact that Aqua melds are good at breaking up groups, and I pointed out that they can be good at breaking up groups, but that's all it's good for. Which isn't something to write home about. Carcer in multiple rooms can be just as effective as breaking up a group as an Aqua's meld.

I'll spell it out again: Aqua's have the worst melds out of all the Mancers. I don't see that as a reason to shit on Neos for voicing that opinion. Bards always complain about Spiritsingers and Caco. Guardians/Wiccan complain about skills that Illuminati/Nihilists get.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't see anyone 'shitting' on Neos for his opinion. 

All I see is people saying Aqua melds are nothing to frown at and when used well, an Aqua meld can be a great thing to be fighting in. Passive wound/aff curing, group separation, group stun, bubble, liquidform, good damage typing for Maelstrom (or do people forget that Nydekion was able to achieve the same kind of mass group killing Fillin was?). It may be the weakest demesne, but it in itself is not 'weak.'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited April 2014
    Openly mocking someone would be considered shitting on someone in most cultures.

Edit:

And Celina definitely did not say anything along the lines of "an Aqua meld can be a great thing to be fighting in. Passive wound/aff curing, group separation, group stun, bubble, liquidform, good damage typing for Maelstrom,"

Instead, she called someone out for their opinion, thinking that they always do that. There wasn't any combat advice, there wasn't a single thing that she said that could be considered helpful.

That's called mocking.
  • If you allow me to weight in...

1. First stage we were crushed. Yarith lacks combat experience and he only went up with us briefly so it was Siam and me against Aeden, Neos, Raeri and yes, at some point Barrin. Good or bad, an aqua meld. I died four times or so.

2. In the bubble you had the advantage of a preset meld and some experienced fighters already there. Numbers were more or less equal. Enadonella lacks survivability but she was never a primary target.  Barrin stuck up there for some time but I guess he left when we started turning the odds at some point. Blame Barrin, not us for numbers. Raeri leaving really hurt you I guess but then again you started this when nobody was really around so..people are coming and going. Not sure why Aeden left, he might had lost hope or he just had to go. For a very long time you had the momentum but as commented here you lost it due to bad tactics and targeting.

I do not understand why we have this discussion. Sometimes we have more people, sometimes you do. Sometimes it is relevant to victory and sometimes it is not. At the start you had more, at no point we had significantly more, some of your people dropped out...It happens and will keep happening. Siam and me were there from the start, we died many times, lost essence. We kept showing up and fortunately in the end the South got it. The domoth used to be ours, we managed to keep it at a cost, no idea why you Neos complain about it.  I doubt you died five times as I did.

Life hurts. Even in Lusternia.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    My issue with being a jerk and debating 18-or-less year old influencers is decreasing.

I am becoming the gamer I don't want to be. :( This would be much easier if the 18 year olds didn't influence the high level areas and had their own areas. I hate being a jerk. Hate hate hate... but I want to get to demigod...
    Zouviqil said:
    My issue with being a jerk and debating 18-or-less year old influencers is decreasing.

I am becoming the gamer I don't want to be. :( This would be much easier if the 18 year olds didn't influence the high level areas and had their own areas. I hate being a jerk. Hate hate hate... but I want to get to demigod...
    Scent any area you walk into, if you are the only one in that area when you start, anyone that comes in, debate them out or influence/kill over the top of them.

Consequences be damned, if you want it, take it.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2014
    The thing is you don't know that they are low circle, it is so easy for influencers to simply plow through the earlier circles, particularly with epic or legendary ikons, that they can be in their mid-to-high 70s or even higher and still be maybe 1-2 years older than when they stepped through the portal.  

When I was doing the final stretch from 98 to demigod, I stacked experience boosts from achievements and other things to such an extent I had around +700% experience gain - and I saved that until I hit 98th circle.  A more impatient person can make use of those bonuses at much lower circles.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Except that you can check their XP ranking...
    Silvanus said:
    Zouviqil said:

Scent any area you walk into, if you are the only one in that area when you start, anyone that comes in, debate them out or influence/kill over the top of them.

Consequences be damned, if you want it, take it.
    That's the thing, the places I go to (which are also high level bashing areas, I think?) are nearly always being camped. A majority of the time, by 16, 17, and 18 year olds in game. That or the other areas I go to are cleared already. Someone's actually found one of my lesser-known spots recently, and when I go there all the mobs have been completely cleared (as in killed too).
    edited April 2014
    Ssaliss said:
    Except that you can check their XP ranking...
    One of my alts is 69th circle and is in the low-600's in the experience rankings.  Just because they have a low ranking, doesn't mean they are low circle.  Rankings 1-230 are all demigod.

EDIT sorry, doublechecked the rankings, looks like 30th circle is when you start appearing on the board (1015th place at present)

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Zouviqil said:
    That's the thing, the places I go to (which are also high level bashing areas, I think?) are nearly always being camped. A majority of the time, by 16, 17, and 18 year olds in game. That or the other areas I go to are cleared already. Someone's actually found one of my lesser-known spots recently, and when I go there all the mobs have been completely cleared (as in killed too).
    Do what I do, just influence around them! Sometimes they get frustrated because I outpace them and leave, sometimes they stay, it really doesn't matter to me. There's always something, somewhere to influence - don't be hung up on only taking the best spots!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • No, what I mean is this:

HONORS ZACC
    He is ranked 600th in Lusternia.

RANKINGS XP 600
    #600    Zacc                                         (Almighty)

HELP LEVELLIST
     75  Almighty

Thus, Zacc is level 75.
    Eritheyl said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Do what I do, just influence around them! Sometimes they get frustrated because I outpace them and leave, sometimes they stay, it really doesn't matter to me. There's always something, somewhere to influence - don't be hung up on only taking the best spots!
    Clarramore is one of the best spots? o_o ... But yeah. I could influence around them too, couldn't I. That's actually pretty solid advice, doesn't involve me being as much of a jerk.

Thank you!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Silvanus said:
    Celina: the eternal downplayer of all classes she's associated with.

Celina: the eternal exaggerator of all classes that aren't hers.

Aqua melds are the worst melds out of all of the Mages, the only noticeable things they do is slow running away and breaking up groups. That's not something to write home about.

My class is awesome. I don't know what you're crying about.

You agreed aquamences are good at breaking up groups. (here, I'll quote you for you "Celina brought up the fact that Aqua melds are good at breaking up groups, and I pointed out that they can be good at breaking up groups") No one is "shitting" on anyone. Neos can stop complaining about how terribad aquas are, which he does consistently, and you can stop bitchfitting over nothing.

• edited April 2014
    Influencing is too easy, I took a newbie I put 200 credits on up to level 85 in 24 hours online time (6-8 of that AFKing in the manse I bought it). I was a terribly obvious alt in the org I was in (sorry Hallifax!), I just power levelled to test how easy it was and didn't speak to anyone. Influence experience is just nuts. I was influencing Tosha by level 20, Kephera by level 30 and Climanti Past/Lirangsha by the 50-55th level.
  • Yeah, the 17-year-olds in Lirangsha and past Climanti drive me right up the wall. I've started just influencing around them, even though I feel really bad about it, but I'm at 99 and 75%. I'm getting demi, politeness be damned.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    I'll let the irony of complaining about someone else's complaining set in in

edited April 2014
    I kind of wonder though if such petulant acts like kicking something someone is influencing then running off could be considered a form of harassment, there are in-game methods of dealing with it if you are unhappy with competition, such as shattering them through debating, or killing them outright.  Kicking a monster with a weak attack so it no longer responds to influencing could be considered mechanic abuse, especially if they are fully attentive and at the keyboard.

I guess I've just always lived with the philosophy that people should not be able to stake claims to a hunting area.  If someone else comes in and starts influencing or hunting, I typically don't mind, as long as they don't start stealing my kills - THEN I start getting snippy.

Kagato said:
    I kind of wonder though if such petulant acts like kicking something someone is influencing then running off could be considered a form of harassment, there are in-game methods of dealing with it if you are unhappy with competition, such as shattering them through debating, or killing them outright.  Kicking a monster with a weak attack so it no longer responds to influencing could be considered mechanic abuse.
    If they are there, they'll call me out on it and we can have a nice in character discussion about the dangers of influencing certain areas while other people are there.

If they aren't there, they won't notice, and should've been issued to begin with.
This discussion has been closed.