Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    For those interested in conflict, you are suboptimal before demi-god, along with quite a bit of essence gain.  Being optimal and being able to participate in most, if not all, of the conflict mechanics that occur in Lusternia requires demigod.  If people have figured out the most efficient way to power level their way up to it (bard, spec cha race, ikons, influence) I say more power to them.  Isn't there always complaining about not enough numbers from one side or the other?  More demigods theoretically means more people to participate in domoths, wild nodes, etc. without feeling like they're completely outclassed.

I say bring on the 18 year old demis.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    This made me giggle:

Ixion tells you, "Thank you, Siam, descendant of House Talnara as son of Eula, son of Halamir, son of Nejii, son of the Portal of Fate."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2014
    Tarkenton said:
    For those interested in conflict, you are suboptimal before demi-god, along with quite a bit of essence gain.  Being optimal and being able to participate in most, if not all, of the conflict mechanics that occur in Lusternia requires demigod.  If people have figured out the most efficient way to power level their way up to it (bard, spec cha race, ikons, influence) I say more power to them.  Isn't there always complaining about not enough numbers from one side or the other?  More demigods theoretically means more people to participate in domoths, wild nodes, etc. without feeling like they're completely outclassed.

I say bring on the 18 year old demis.
    I don't generally feel outclassed in domoth conflicts, but I generally accept (and enjoy) a support role more than getting ALL THE KILLS

EDIT: And I seriously hate grinding. So much. So I won't be hitting demigod anytime soon.

Lavinya said:
    I always thought demigod was supposed to be endgame, not the start of it. Anything less might not be optimal, but saying you can't help in domoths/wildnodes/conflict until you are demigod is completely untrue. Only stage 1 (and 3) of domoths is solely for demigods. And in fact, spending the time when you're still smaller and learning your skills throwing yourself into conflict is a great way to get used to the chaos and spam and learn to listen and be organised and effective. Instead, we have a lot of demigods that don't know how to do anything useful except influence.
    Personally, I'd class VA/TA as endgame myself.  And, for a lot of folks that are combat/pvp inclined (no matter the game) not being optimized to be da "best" is frustrating.  I don't deny that participating in the conflict that you're able to get involved in as a non-demi is a good thing. I am, obviously, not a demigod (.24% into 91 whee!) and I try to go and participate in what conflict I can when I'm logged in and don't have some other pressing issue to attend to.  I spend a decent amount of time in the arena playing with my skills, taking the strategies that I've been taught by other people and seeing what happens if I change X for Y.  I even manage to follow directions fairly well.  I'll grant you that I've influenced pretty much from about 60+, mostly because bashing as a Shadowdancer just sucks.  

I'm tired, and rambling, so, I guess the tl;dr read version is: Lavinya is correct in what she says.  Does not, however, mean that hitting demi as fast as possible is bad.
  • The term "endgame" is a misnomer. Classic JRPG players are used to the idea where level 99 is the goal of the grind - you hit it after you have completed every other obtainable objective in the game, and that's when you take out that cartridge or disc, frame it on the wall and get an engraved golden plaque for yourself to say you "beat" the game.

On the other hand, in multiplayer online gaming terms it doesn't mean the "end of the game". It means, quite literally, "the point at which you mechanically have access to everything in the game".

For many gamers, max level IS the point where the game starts. All the equipment farm up to that point was to get to "entry level" dungeons of the endgame, so that you can finally start farming for the actual optimal gear. And only then can you start to get into the "endgame" dungeons etc. The concept is implemented in a different way in IRE games - where the competition is more focused on PvP. "Endgame" content in IRE games is combat orientated - when you hit the max level, you finally get on even ground with everyone else who is at that level. There is no longer someone who has an implicit advantage over you due to level. That's the first time you can compete on an even footing in terms of numbers. In Lusternia, it's exacerbated by an entire conflict mechanic that can only be started, and must be completed, by those who are at the max level - the domoths. But all IRE games pretty much have demigod as the "entry point" to the real competition.

Not that I would ever want Tarkenton to change, but being a tae'dae with a level 3 eq balance malus is kind of damning as well.

You know, you'd think that, wouldn't you.  Fortunately for me, when I got adopted by Kio and Thul they got me a present.  So, sadly, I do not know the mechanical joy of actually being a tae'dae.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I look forward to the day I don't have to wear this damn grey hat and be a real boy.... Orclach.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tarkenton said:
    You know, you'd think that, wouldn't you.  Fortunately for me, when I got adopted by Kio and Thul they got me a present.  So, sadly, I do not know the mechanical joy of actually being a tae'dae.
    So instead of a pooh-bear, you're a faux-bear?
    Ssaliss, you made me laugh far more than I should at 3 am with my cough.  I just spent the last minute laughing and coughing my lungs out.  So much love and hate for you right now.

I'm looking at customizing my hat, 'cause dang it, wearing a dapper felt hat with a russet band is just so bleh.  Considering stealing Kio's base of "the blessing of Sister Lake" and going from there.
    Meanwhile, I struggle with the consideration of getting a goldenrod hat and being the beautiful spec I was meant to be

Still, the free tumble I get has gotten me out of more than one scrape

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The only mechanical advantage demis have is a 2 point stat advantage, and depending on which guild you choose, can be only marginally beneficial. SDs, for example, are equally deadly at demi as they are at 80. The only thing I have at 100 is a bigger damage button to push and some more health.

Same goes for most affliction based guilds.

Saying the game begins at 100 is one of the Great Lusternian Myths.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Like Doman's pervy mis-says.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

He vanquished the Devourer of Destiny lurking within the oceans of Aquagoria.

I get the feeling Aquagoria is meant to be harder than .... that.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Some epic ahole has drained every node on astral. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Domoths take too long.

Fell asleep during stage 3. I even set an alarm for 15 minutes, and when I woke up 6 hours later, it was still going off.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited April 2014
    Celina said:
    The only mechanical advantage demis have is a 2 point stat advantage, and depending on which guild you choose, can be only marginally beneficial. SDs, for example, are equally deadly at demi as they are at 80. The only thing I have at 100 is a bigger damage button to push and some more health.

Same goes for most affliction based guilds.

Saying the game begins at 100 is one of the Great Lusternian Myths.
    Most kills that I've seen are either damage kills (which demi helps make happen) or instakills based on %health/mana (which demi helps keep from happening to you).

Also the domoth battles that only demis can participate in. And the areas like Muud which are far more practical to explore as demi (because you have an easy way to escape).

I'm not saying that "the game begins at 100". But there's ALOT of things that get, at the very least, ALOT easier then.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Demigod is certainly not endgame.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I am half expecting someone to de-age themselves to 12 after reading through the past two pages and get demigod as a 12 year old now. I am surprised it hasn't happened yet, actually...
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Celina said:
    Some epic ahole has drained every node on astral. 

'Drained' or put to motes? There's a difference. Motes is the standard to link down to. I only noticed 1 node at 'drained' as it were.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zouviqil said:
    I am half expecting someone to de-age themselves to 12 after reading through the past two pages and get demigod as a 12 year old now. I am surprised it hasn't happened yet, actually...
    There was one in Glom for a while. We kept re-aging her back to normal and some idiot would de-age her again. She ended up buying a scroll of laurels just to say she was 12.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Then Talan made a post grumping about it on the forums, a number of people agreed with her, the person said she didn't realize it was such an issue and fixed it.  There was much rejoicing.
    This is me at the moment:

I stayed up for 25 hours and still ended up missing @Viravain... I knew I should have ignored everything in my body telling me it was time to sleep and held out...
    Running out of ways to say 'we won this flare, lost this revolt, yay for us but let's try harder next time.'  :|
    I used to make cakes.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Didn't you lose the flare...?
    I still haven't posted for 381 CE when we won Mucklemarsh. XD
    I used to make cakes.

This discussion has been closed.