Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I've always found that the non-pkers read a lot more into the ego bloat and pk epeening we all do than the pkers do. It's just stuff. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I dunno, I've seen new faces come out of Serenwilde and Hallifax, especially Hallifax and into combat. Halli went from being the redheaded kid in the corner no one picked for sports to being the powerbloc of the North.

I appreciate you guys took a knock back when Talan went off injured, hope she's back soon (obviously when she's well).

Otherwise I really wouldn't read into this stuff, it's banter. Those who get it, tend to throw it out a fair bit too, to which it's really a case of if you can't take it, don't dish it out. As far as I'm concerned there's very few people I actually dislike (and for actual OOC reasons, nothing their characters have done in the game) and far more on the "other side of the fence" I'd love to sit down with IRL and share a drink or two with.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Oh, I won't argue that Hallifax is losing too hard right now. It's tough sometimes, and there's some very potent combos (of people who know what they're doing and how to use what they've got) that we have to go up against, but I can't really name a time when that wasn't the case. It's more a general statement of principle-- losing hard produces a pretty nasty malaise that's bad for an org's health. You can fight it, but you can't beat a village victory for cheering people up and getting them motivated.

I'm with you, actually-- aside from a few people who just make me climb the nearest wall, I quite like most of the people who play Lusternia, or else I wouldn't play it. The locker-room shit talking is a bit alienating, because I've never been much into that. I get that some people are though!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hallifax still has Isune though, so Hallifax wins.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2014
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    When I feel like the banter is getting to me too much here, I usually take a break and play League where I can flame as much as I please.

I wish I could see what attitudes would be like if the tables were turned, though. There's a lot of blasé -ness that comes from the Southern side -- what I mean by that is, you guys really like to play it off like PK is no big deal and that losing/winning doesn't bother you so much (I think this is a good thing actually). But I would like to see if that would change if you were getting as curbstomped in almost every encounter. As it is now on the northern side, people are pretty darn bleak. It's like a grey cloud of complaining, lament, sorrow, and impotence (exaggerating, but really the morale here is mucho bad).

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:
    So what's exactly unbalanced about this 5 of us and 7 of you stalemate that's ongoing at the Ethereal Serenwilde archway?

Oh wait 8, sup Enyalida.
    There's a stalemate? We're just chatting.
    Ugh. Just stop. Either actually engage in conflict or just stop with the charade. You bitched about us not engaging unless we had 5 v 1, despite not having a 5 v 1 odds when it started. Here we are, things still in your favor. I've offered you some 1v1, no strings attached. Either sh*t or get off the pot. 
    Or you can ignore my posts and not make snarky remarks aimed at me either? I'm sure we've all heard of the epic prowess of a rune mage in 1:1 fights. I guess I could just rinse/repeat on the death prophesy until I get a triple rune or something? Then again, I'm sure that's exactly what you're expecting. Like the destruction conversations of earlier and how I'm going to stop saying Destro is OP? Well, guess what, it is.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited May 2014
    Maligorn said:
    When I feel like the banter is getting to me too much here, I usually take a break and play League where I can flame as much as I please.

I wish I could see what attitudes would be like if the tables were turned, though. There's a lot of blasé -ness that comes from the Southern side -- what I mean by that is, you guys really like to play it off like PK is no big deal and that losing/winning doesn't bother you so much (I think this is a good thing actually). But I would like to see if that would change if you were getting as curbstomped in almost every encounter. As it is now on the northern side, people are pretty darn bleak. It's like a grey cloud of complaining, lament, sorrow, and impotence (exaggerating, but really the morale here is mucho bad).
    I've been on the side getting curb stomped a few times in my Lusternian tenure. It really does go in cycles, although I'll admit this one has been particularly long. The no big deal attitude is way easier to maintain if you've been through the whole win/lose thing a couple of times and come to realise that your side will be on top again eventually.

It does get better Maligorn, and you guys will be curb stomping us at some point soon I'm pretty sure. Just dig in with the practice side of things, experiment with your skills and don't be afraid to use your cheesiest moves to win (FearAura & StaticField, mass Balestone and huge quantities of aeon spring to mind - use them to counteract our sides Ecto, Brume, Hek and damage).

PS: I shanghai'd Ela to do some testing on Aerochemancy damage and bombs, you guys have a higher damage potential than Pyrochem from what I saw (although we have better bombs) - Merian or Mugwump using Runes and the Super syntax on an Aerochem is going to be scaaary. 
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2014
    Elanorwen said:

Munsia said:
    I mean, let's not forget the fact that you're only passable at your class....don't try to speak for mages, please. 
    Sure, sure... is that why you can't kill a faeling templar in a single fight? I mean really, everyone knows faelings pull the 20k hp and the free vessel regen easy.
    Who have I ever fought in my meld that was a faeling templar...? What? I wish people wouldn't just assume things they have no idea about. I've fought noone from Gaudiguch* in any kind of duel since I returned to the game.

But sure, princess. Log on your Alt and we'll have a go :) See who survives. 
  • Honestly, I've gotten so bored by the combat. I was gung-ho at first, but to me, it's just frustrating and without Talan around, I feel very unmotivated. :( I guess she took a break from Lusty (she did say she'd only be gone a few days, but it's been almost two months). Things feel rather stale in Hallifax lately, even with Jadice joining our pantheon and suchly.
    Elayde said:
    Honestly, I've gotten so bored by the combat. I was gung-ho at first, but to me, it's just frustrating and without Talan around, I feel very unmotivated. :( I guess she took a break from Lusty (she did say she'd only be gone a few days, but it's been almost two months). Things feel rather stale in Hallifax lately, even with Jadice joining our pantheon and suchly.
    Hallifax is just the RP state from my point of view. Ever since Morbo and them left, yall have just become that. You guys do it really well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you'll regain any pvp fielding until some more pvp minded people join, or at least Veterans pop over. 
    Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:
    So what's exactly unbalanced about this 5 of us and 7 of you stalemate that's ongoing at the Ethereal Serenwilde archway?

Oh wait 8, sup Enyalida.
    There's a stalemate? We're just chatting.
    Ugh. Just stop. Either actually engage in conflict or just stop with the charade. You bitched about us not engaging unless we had 5 v 1, despite not having a 5 v 1 odds when it started. Here we are, things still in your favor. I've offered you some 1v1, no strings attached. Either sh*t or get off the pot. 
    Or you can ignore my posts and not make snarky remarks aimed at me either? I'm sure we've all heard of the epic prowess of a rune mage in 1:1 fights. I guess I could just rinse/repeat on the death prophesy until I get a triple rune or something? Then again, I'm sure that's exactly what you're expecting. Like the destruction conversations of earlier and how I'm going to stop saying Destro is OP? Well, guess what, it is.
    If you don't like responses, stop posting in a public forum. #commonsense

I solo'd people as a runist druid out of my demesne and no one said that was possible. It was hard, and didn't work most of the time, but I'm not going to let preconceived notions of balance and fairness stop me from participating. Maybe just stop crying all the time about every little thing involving PK and actually try it out for a change. Yes I know, reality is soooo OP, until you're a mage then omg saplings are soooo OP. Destruction is soooo OP because damage makes you sad but the 10% champion mage staff damage bonus that vastly outpaces destruction is totes balanced yo. You just want to play both sides of the fence. You want to act like a PKer, talk like a PKer, discuss balance like a PKer, but any time you are given an opportunity to PK, you absolutely refuse to participate unless it's distinctly slanted in your favor. Then you want to turn around and call people out for doing what you perceive to be the same. Even when they're not.

Grief, be griefed, zerg, get zerged.Just play, and I promise everyone will enjoy your company more. 
  • Munsia said:
    Elayde said:
    Honestly, I've gotten so bored by the combat. I was gung-ho at first, but to me, it's just frustrating and without Talan around, I feel very unmotivated. :( I guess she took a break from Lusty (she did say she'd only be gone a few days, but it's been almost two months). Things feel rather stale in Hallifax lately, even with Jadice joining our pantheon and suchly.
    Hallifax is just the RP state from my point of view. Ever since Morbo and them left, yall have just become that. You guys do it really well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you'll regain any pvp fielding until some more pvp minded people join, or at least Veterans pop over. 
    I agree, in some ways, but to me, the RP feels a bit stale as well. I suppose it's because I don't get to see a lot of it as of late due to working and then sleeping when I'm not working, but I do just wish /something/ would happen to give Hallifax a push both in PVP and RP.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Don't care that we lost, care more that the fight was awesome. Gutted people had to go, that'd still be ongoing now.

GG Mag <3

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Estelbar was also really fun. Even when you know you're going to lose, delaying it as much as possible is strangely thrilling. Also, getting to bark orders for a change = awesome.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2014
    Elayde said:
    I do just wish /something/ would happen to give Hallifax a push both in PVP and RP.
    RP doesn't just happen. I say this as someone plays almost exclusively for the RP, but who doesn't get a ton of it because I get nervous pretty easily by the prospect of seeking out interactions. But when I do work up the nerve to talk to someone I'm almost never disappointed. Assuming you're not only playing at hours when the city's empty, I'd venture to guess that there's always RP waiting to be mined.

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean that to be an admonition. You know RP, you're good at it. Maybe it's a combo of mood and odd hours. I know I have periods of time when I can't bear the prospect of doing anything that requires thinking, so I don't even log in, but that mood goes on an off like a switch for me sometimes. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Elayde said:
    I do just wish /something/ would happen to give Hallifax a push both in PVP and RP.
    RP doesn't just happen. I say this as someone plays almost exclusively for the RP, but who doesn't get a ton of it because I get nervous pretty easily by the prospect of seeking out interactions. But when I do work up the nerve to talk to someone I'm almost never disappointed. Assuming you're not only playing at hours when the city's empty, I'd venture to guess that there's always RP waiting to be mined.
    Lately it tends to be when the city is just beginning to wake up unfortunately. I do try to play during the day, but catching up on sleep on my off days is really nice. I know we're pushing with the Hallimonk thing, which I do like, I just wish I had more time for it and you..do know you can prod at me for RP outside of that, right? Well, when we're both around. It would be nice, since I don't get any anymore for the most part.
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:

Munsia said:
    I mean, let's not forget the fact that you're only passable at your class....don't try to speak for mages, please. 
    Sure, sure... is that why you can't kill a faeling templar in a single fight? I mean really, everyone knows faelings pull the 20k hp and the free vessel regen easy.
    Who have I ever fought in my meld that was a faeling templar...? What? I wish people wouldn't just assume things they have no idea about. I've fought noone from Gaudiguch* in any kind of duel since I returned to the game.

The person you love the most... i.e. the owner of Tibbers. It was all... boo hoo, Silvanus, comehalp cause I can't kill her, right?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:

Munsia said:

The person you love the most... i.e. the owner of Tibbers. It was all... boo hoo, Silvanus, comehalp cause I can't kill her, right?
    I like how this is people like you's response. I say let's go, and you just come up with some lame insult. Thank you for proving my point. GG, bye bye, enjoy sucking I guess? That's why we equate you to Caerlyr these days hon.
    Munsia said:
    I like how this is people like you's response. I say let's go, and you just come up with some lame insult. Thank you for proving my point. GG, bye bye, enjoy sucking I guess? That's why we equate you to Caerlyr these days hon.
    Being that said alt has been gathering dust for the past.... 12 months? I don't even have basic settings, and she's not part of any organization presently, but okay, sure... I'll bring her out for you to play with.... why?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Being that said alt has been gathering dust for the past.... 12 months? I don't even have basic settings, and she's not part of any organization presently, but okay, sure... I'll bring her out for you to play with.... why?

So what you're saying is that Munsia couldn't kill you over a year ago, and because of that, you're going to talk trash about it today? You realize how this sounds right?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Wait, YOU'RE the one who made that godawful customization?

Wow.
    NO. MY PEEN IS BIGGER. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Actually, pretty sure that today's big winner pkers were around when their orgs were doing pretty badly. 

I certainly still remember my times getting destroyed by Thoros in Etherwilde.

Maybe the the winningest winners have been winning for too long, but that's neither here nor there. I think that's another whole new forum thread in and of itself.

But hey. If you're bored or not having fun, go do that instead.

P.S. some of you have really huge victim complexes.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hey I'm not a negative Gloomy McGloom and I'm in Serenwilde :(

At least I think I'm not Gloomy McGloom

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited May 2014

• edited May 2014
    Shuyin said:
    Actually, pretty sure that today's big winner pkers were around when their orgs were doing pretty badly. 

I certainly still remember my times getting destroyed by Thoros in Etherwilde.

Maybe the the winningest winners have been winning for too long, but that's neither here nor there. I think that's another whole new forum thread in and of itself.

But hey. If you're bored or not having fun, go do that instead.

P.S. some of you have really huge victim complexes.

I remember when some asshole pinlegged me to death for dreamweave griefing seren.
  • So hmm.. I got four dolls... Two on two characters. Both characters got a banker gnewpie and a mage gnewpie. Is that a trend just for "mage/druid" folks?

Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:

So what you're saying is that Munsia couldn't kill you over a year ago, and because of that, you're going to talk trash about it today? You realize how this sounds right?
    A year ago, for 1 year surrounding, I was orgless. So what she's saying is Elana didn't die to a Rogue, in which this game does not support Rogues, in fact I'm the only one who has ever successfully pk'd as a Rogue but it's exceedingly hampered. 
This discussion has been closed.