Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Sorry to disappoint, but I only spoke to one person in Glom, and he was by no means a novice. If you beg to disagree, I'll disclose the fellow's name, but I doubt he'll be happy with being considered a novice either.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    If anyone's abusing novices, it would probably be the people doling a harsh punishment by a mistake or ignorance, and over "one *** village". Novices have been "abused" since the days when people would send in unenemied newbies as teleport targets for various smob or other raids. The fact that they were probably offering a decent gold gain out of it is probably one of the better forms of "abuse" that I've seen. (To clarify, I don't consider making a deal for a crow cloak to be abusive, the newbie still has a brain to know whether something seems suspicious.)

Also, gooooosfraba.
  • So uh, a bit far from the current topic of conversation it seems, but have keys started to decay or something? Was pretty sure they lasted as long as the furniture they're linked to, but a key to a chest that still exists just decayed on me, and I'm really confused.
  • Altrea said:
    So uh, a bit far from the current topic of conversation it seems, but have keys started to decay or something? Was pretty sure they lasted as long as the furniture they're linked to, but a key to a chest that still exists just decayed on me, and I'm really confused.
    There's been several 'behind the scenes' ninja changes happening. First people cant tumble past walls, then it was ninja changed they can and said it was on purpose, now they cant again...confusing.
    Arcanis said:
    Altrea said:
    So uh, a bit far from the current topic of conversation it seems, but have keys started to decay or something? Was pretty sure they lasted as long as the furniture they're linked to, but a key to a chest that still exists just decayed on me, and I'm really confused.
    There's been several 'behind the scenes' ninja changes happening. First people cant tumble past walls, then it was ninja changed they can and said it was on purpose, now they cant again...confusing.
    Eh? Pretty sure I can tumble just fine through -certain- walls. Force walls are intentionally not walls you can tumble through if those are the ones you're talking about.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • For a while there ice/stonewalls blocked tumbling. At the end of the tumble, too!
  • Akyaevin said:
    For a while there ice/stonewalls blocked tumbling. At the end of the tumble, too!
    Was a dream come true ;;)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Altrea said:

Keys have always decayed, but so long as you're the person the chest/closet/rack is tuned to and you're in the room, any adept artisan can make a new key
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Sorry to disappoint, but I only spoke to one person in Glom, and he was by no means a novice. If you beg to disagree, I'll disclose the fellow's name, but I doubt he'll be happy with being considered a novice either.
    My point is when people do it to young players not when it happens all the time.
    Retired.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shaddus said:
    Keys have always decayed, but so long as you're the person the chest/closet/rack is tuned to and you're in the room, any adept artisan can make a new key
    Really? None of my keys have ever decayed. 
  • Yeah, I've never had a key decay unless what it was linked to a shop and the REQUEST NEW KEY FOR <shop> syntax was used. And the other people who  had copies of this particular key (it was a council room chest) had it decay at the same time. They don't even appear to have decay times. Oh well, think I'll just put it up to whatever and get the chest remade. Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:

Shaddus said:

Altrea said:

Really? None of my keys have ever decayed. 

Iirc, artisan keys decay. Keys provided by mobs for shops and whatnot don't decay.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I know during the last revolt, I had popped onto a Glom novice (without knowing that there'd been a revolt, it was before work I needed to look at a CHELP), and was approached by someone asking for a cloak.  They were quite civil, and convincing, and if I were an actual newbie...well I likely would have asked on CT anyways before having done it.

As far as I'm concerned, if you can socially engineer your way into snagging a crow cloak due to someone's greed/lack of knowledge about something, awesome.  Especially if you enrich said newbie, imo.
  • He told us that story, I thought it was so mean.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:
    Lol, I tricked Ushaara's old character into giving me his crow cloak by impersonating Butters when I was a Seren. It's not abuse.
    Butters from South Park? And then you become Professor Chaos.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Oh man, my cruelty knows no depths.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kelly said:
    If anyone's abusing novices, it would probably be the people doling a harsh punishment by a mistake or ignorance, and over "one *** village". Novices have been "abused" since the days when people would send in unenemied newbies as teleport targets for various smob or other raids. The fact that they were probably offering a decent gold gain out of it is probably one of the better forms of "abuse" that I've seen. (To clarify, I don't consider making a deal for a crow cloak to be abusive, the newbie still has a brain to know whether something seems suspicious.)

Also, gooooosfraba.
    Once, when I was a wee little newbie, at like 2 weeks into the game, I was running around minding my own business (slaughtering weevils by the gazillions).  Tuek then sent me a tell, dragged me to some random place, told me to buy him some metals (giving me directions to walk to it), and then gave me a ton of gold for doing this.

Turns out I was helping him get commodities from Angkrag when he was enemied to Magnagora, but at the time I was clueless. :)
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Why do people influence every single marionette on the peak so I can't do the quest?

:((

Qistrel said:
    Why do people influence every single marionette on the peak so I can't do the quest?

It's more likely a case of marionettes resetting before clearing their influenced state. Patience.

• Qistrel said:

I cam here to complain about just that.
    Stop begging from the marionettes!
    Daganev said:
    Qistrel said:

I cam here to complain about just that.
    Stop begging from the marionettes!
    Again, they respawn on the mountains before their influenced flag has lifted. You can influence them with any form of influence to do the quest, so begged marionettes were used by someone else to complete the quest.

• Well that just saved me making a new seduction alias :P
    Thanks

Whats the command again to see how many days you have done the monthly quest?
  • QUESTEVENT
  • questevent
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Elanorwen Ahh....that makes a lot more sense. My faith in humanity is restored.

• Shuyin said:
    Lol, I tricked Ushaara's old character into giving me his crow cloak by impersonating Butter when I was a Seren. 

It's not abuse. 

Edit: minus S
    days like this I need an lol flag option
  • Looking at the Veneration skill.

Am I the only one that sees alot of useless..?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited December 2014
    Yes

It's a lot of good rp and combat skills mixed

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Remember that all cult members get the veneration skillset, but most of the skills are for the cult leader.
This discussion has been closed.