Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Silvanus said:
    I'd also like for the reverse to be true, if Magnagora holds Rockholm and Southgard, then we can move Undead in.

But as it stands, if you want to claim all 3 mountain villages, you have to take Rockholm and Southgard first before Angkrag.

And it's not like you couldn't have planned ahead and got crow cloaks ahead of time. If you are bitching about not being able to influence for village feelings, you should've successfully bribed some Glom novices way before the day of and kept the cloaks in a stockroom.

Poor planning on your part.
    Crow cloaks decay as per normal in stockrooms, and they last 20 days - about as long as a construct item.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Haezon said:
    Vivet said:
    Food follows no logic in Lusternia comparable to the real word. Making steaks has been cheaper than making rice for -decades-, nevermind food that does more than simply satiate.

This is why there's so few herbalists left, I guess. No one values the effort.

Yeah but in the real world ingredients come from different places. That steak is probably cheap in quality and will kill you. In Lusternia all food comes from the same commodities and sources so there shouldn't be such a huge fluctuation in price.

Also since Celest, Hallifax and Serenwilde have most of the villages you can afford to make cheaper food than Glomdoring which has none.
    The cheaper you want things the fewer people willing to make them. Any demi should be able to make far more gold hunting then cooking. It is something like 14 coms, vitality, and herb, then it is the time to cook, to preserve and to infuse. Then the cost for the shop, the skill, and the spatula.

I really wish Lusternia has instituted a different system not based on artifacts and one where people who practiced poor business decisions went bankrupt.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ah, see, that bit about the undead returning at the time of the revolt starting rather than after the revolt ended I didn't know. I do apologize for the offensive remarks in that case. (Although I'm still not happy with the full-of-undead denizens villages, but that's neither here nor there)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited December 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Ah, see, that bit about the undead returning at the time of the revolt starting rather than after the revolt ended I didn't know. I do apologize for the offensive remarks in that case. (Although I'm still not happy with the full-of-undead denizens villages, but that's neither here nor there)
    Personally I love the full-of-undead denizen villagers...but each to their own

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm perfectly fine with Ankrag always being undead and virtually unavailable for the 'good guys' to claim. And I'm someone who has always played in Serenwilde and Celest. For me, the lore behind Ankrag trumps the fact that it's unfair.

I was actually involved in winning Angkrag that one time for Celest. I know the reasons we did it, but I thought, and still do, that it was a stupid thing to claim a village nearly full of beings that we are supposed to spend all our time killing.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Portius said:
    Munsia said:
    I'm going to be honest. All I'm hearing is once again, the newbies (you) complaining about something that's been in the game since creation....
    While not commenting on the merits of this particular change, I feel the need to point out that a thing having been in the game since creation is has no bearing on whether or not that thing is a net positive to the game or whether it should be changed.

Don't fix what isn't broken. Unless the admins insert the change, there are a select few lately complaining about things that have been this way since forever and suddenly it doesn't suit them so they cause a stink. 
  • Random question, not sure if it's been answered before. So the Prophets of Magnagora used runes for divination. Was the skill originated by the prophets and trickled down to mages and Druids? Or was it originated by Druids who taught it to mages and then the Prophets ran with it being tied to Shallamar and the Fates?
  • @Tarkenton Make sure you've got a monopoly or an agreement with all other glom novices before you do that. Maybe not  1 mil credits. 1 mil gold perhaps. or 40 credits priced at 20000 gold

;P
    is dead like the dodo
    Annick said:
    Random question, not sure if it's been answered before. So the Prophets of Magnagora used runes for divination. Was the skill originated by the prophets and trickled down to mages and Druids? Or was it originated by Druids who taught it to mages and then the Prophets ran with it being tied to Shallamar and the Fates?
    Is there room for parallell development?

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    On the topic of runes and divination, @Annick and @Qistrel, do either of you know if anyone in game has made a Geomancer that uses Geomancy for divination?
    Hmm...I don't really know anything on that note, I've not been allowed in Mag like...ever, due to playing only kephera, elfen or merians, so all I know is what I read about the...Fatalists? It was more their province than the Geomancers. And the pre-taint Geomancers I saw during the Goloth events were very flower-child hippy like totally far out, brother man, and didn't try to prophesy to me.

I've been to Nil when Seren was allied to them though (even though I wasn't supposed to, being kephera) and seen the broken...Stones of Prophecy?

• The cracked Oracular Stone, in the ruins of the Sanctuary of the Oracles. It's the link to our Nil construct.
  • Annick said:
    Random question, not sure if it's been answered before. So the Prophets of Magnagora used runes for divination. Was the skill originated by the prophets and trickled down to mages and Druids? Or was it originated by Druids who taught it to mages and then the Prophets ran with it being tied to Shallamar and the Fates?
    Based on the fact that the histories mention runes for the prophets but don't for the druids, I assume they trickled in.
  • Man I thought tweets were supposed to be short. Not a mile long rant that goes over multiple pages
    The playa you love to hate
  • Annick said:
    Actually the Prophets utilized Tarot cards, moreso than runes. I am not sure there is a mention of them even utilizing runes, I'd have to review. If Magnagora had not been tainted, I'd expect their ritual specialization would have been Divination or some sort.

Qistrel said:
    Hmm...I don't really know anything on that note, I've not been allowed in Mag like...ever, due to playing only kephera, elfen or merians, so all I know is what I read about the...Fatalists? It was more their province than the Geomancers. And the pre-taint Geomancers I saw during the Goloth events were very flower-child hippy like totally far out, brother man, and didn't try to prophesy to me.

I've been to Nil when Seren was allied to them though (even though I wasn't supposed to, being kephera) and seen the broken...Stones of Prophecy?

The broken Oracular Stone is more a message than a device. It represents Magnagoras detachment from its once past of a belief in the Fates and the land they once resided: Shallamar.
  • Drakius said:
    Just read @Marcella‌'s pamphlet
    All I can say is
    Myself and Marcella share quite the many same opinion concerning Him. Arcanis outright believes He cannot be sane having existed so long in the void, let alone if that is truly him.
  • edited December 2014
    Selenity said:

On the topic of runes and divination, @Annick and @Qistrel, do either of you know if anyone in game has made a Geomancer that uses Geomancy for divination?

I think there was one waaaaaaaay back when it was just Mag, Celest and Seren but my memory sucks

@Arcanis‌ During the Cosmic Hope ordeal, there was a brief period leading up to it where there was a ban on tarot and rune casting for divination cause the signs kept turning up not so fetch. Want to say chapter 2 in the histories for cosmic hope.
  • edited December 2014
    People that make a new character but dont want to play the doe-eyed novice is fine, I understand that, but taking it to the point I find an 18 y.o in a demi+ area -and- them walking around secret locations by rockclimbing? Really? Perhaps just -attempt- to play it down a notch?

• Arcanis said:
    People that make a new character but dont want to play the doe-eyed novice is fine, I understand that, but taking it to the point I find an 18 y.o in a demi+ area -and- them walking around secret locations by rockclimbing? Really? Perhaps just -attempt- to play it down a notch?
    Add the suddenly has tons of artifacts, fully equipped within an hour and pushing for leadership spots.

On another note, lovely chat as always Arcanis.

And I hate people who ask for information, or something and don't even say thank you for pretty much wasting your time.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Hey you have six days of play time before they can take over the world, you have time to doomsday prep.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Obviously purchasing more than ten credits at once, as well as learning a skill past Master should be restricted until the character is at least 50. And they need to stop gaining xp when their level equals age * 2.

Basically, you're both full of it. People will play how they're going to play. If I start a character in a guild with inactive leaders, and I actually give two figs about the character, darn right I'll contest. Age be hanged. As for a lot of those "secret", inaccessible places, take a look at the maps available on the games website some time.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Darn tootin'. Quit strangling my growth as guild leader.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I mean, I do not see why people don't want "new" characters leading guilds. That means someone who gives a shit about an org is wanting to see it revived and doing well.
    Arcanis said:
    You don't need rock climbing, or knowing the entrances to any of the secret areas. You just need +-80 lessons in Hunting, and your friendly neighbourhood Qistrel's suggestion that you try jumping through a certain mystic pathway...

I'm nice to cute little Serenwilders.

• I'm still active!
  • Question.

Why do people make alts to become guild leaders instead of having an older character move?
This discussion has been closed.