Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2013
    Eh? Raids still happen fairly often. Just last week someone told me they experienced their 6th day in a row of raids :p
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    In ethereal? I'm honestly pleasantly surprised then.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Somehow I suspect it's not a coincidence Shuyin is barely (or not at all) aware of these Hallifax raids, but sure, "when they have defenders." Just not the good ones, I guess?

The last two daughters that died were pure hit and runs. I never even saw the person. I stopped raiding because even though I always went alone, Seren would drop shrine powers and distort. It became a game just to kick a lady so they would waste their power and essence, but then that got old too.

Raiding is dead and/or dying. It's a shadow of what it used to be (for better or for worse.) No one really raids Glom ever, this much I know.
    edited May 2013
    Raiding Glomdoring is a little bit of a PITA tbh but hey, it might happen sooner than you think. It's just harder to get people motivated to be on the offensive.
  • edited May 2013
    Celina said:
    Somehow I suspect it's not a coincidence Shuyin is barely (or not at all) aware of these Hallifax raids, but sure, "when they have defenders." Just not the good ones, I guess?

Somehow, I am 100% positive you don't know what you're talking about.  If raiding 2v5 against Eritheyl, Revan, Shikha, Elanorwen, Akyaevin is us avoiding good fighters, you should probably tell them why they all suck.

Seriously, get out of here troll.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I'm also sure Shuyin has defended in a raid at least once (Fire raid), and Viynain at least twice.

Try again, I guess.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
    I'm not sure showing up in a raid "at least once" during that one time in x hour about y months for about z minutes counts as regular participation in these "frequent" raids.

I mean, maybe I just have superbly bad luck even though I log in pretty much every day.

So I'll try again, I guess.

• edited May 2013
    It's a good thing Celina was insinuating that you were "barely (or not at all)", and not "regularly participating". I was also unaware that only you fall under the category of "good defender", nevermind the number of times that Mag combatants (Thalkros and Akyaevin come to mind) and Glom combatants (Malarious, primarily) have defended Mysrairealm and Fire.

PS

I hope I'll be able to log in regularly again soon. I miss raiding with Ciaran/Ollie/Shedrin v 6 or so defenders. :(
    If it's broken, break it some more.
    So you....confirmed that I am barely aware of said Hallifax raids. Thanks for the confirmation, then.

Who said anything about it only being me, haha. Celina mentioned me, I responded. I didn't insinuate that I was the only good defender from Gaudiguch, but I'd like to think I'm one of its main ones, yes. It's kind of my org at the moment.

Let's not even go into the typical "rahhhh this guy who doesn't even belong in Order A is defending their realm!" arguments. No one's going to convince anyone there, so if you'd prefer. I'll just say we're all horrible people who can't help sticking their nose into other people's business. 

...Though I'm not sure what that last line has to do with anything!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2013
    Ciaran said:
    Celina said:

Somehow, I am 100% positive you don't know what you're talking about.  If raiding 2v5 against Eritheyl, Revan, Shikha, Elanorwen, Akyaevin is us avoiding good fighters, you should probably tell them why they all suck.

Seriously, get out of here troll.
    You just named a single Gaudi, and failed to mention anything about Shuyin and your apparent complete avoidance of him. You named some Mags and a Glom, do you raid those too? Well, I know you don't raid Glom but Mag maybe? I honestly don't know.

So point proven I guess. Trolled with the truth? Does that even count as trolling?

I mean, we can act like raids don't occur to avoid specific people. Shuyin being Gaudi's premier combatant, but Ciaran managed to breeze over the point completely and Alacardael remembered that one raid on fire that one time he defended.

So honest question then. How does Gaudi's top combatant who logs in every day manage to miss all but one of these frequent raids? We're not new here, you know. There were daily daughter raids that I never saw. Sidd, Vadi, and the other prominent glom fighters would always be asking "was there a raid last night?" Obviously it wasn't you guys, but the point is that it isn't some new concept here. We know what you're doing. You know what they say...twice is a coincidence..14 times is...not a coincidence.

edit: All that aside, do I live under a rock? When the hell are all these raids? 
  • You know, when I said things change a few posts back...

I guess it is comforting to know that people still argue about raid times and the like. 
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • I don't keep any track of when Shuyin is online.  My guess would be that he is online during prime time, the time where Gaudi + alliance horribly outnumbers Hallifax.  We raid when we get closer to a 2:1 ratio against us, which is past prime time.

Also, we almost never invite alliance with us, we just bring a group of at maximum, 4 people.  It's more fun like that IMO.

So shush. You really have no clue what you're talking about.

Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    OK, I ADMIT IT, I STOLE THE COOKIES FROM THE COOKIE JAR. 

It's okay Shu, I got your back.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I need new infuencing spots. Piffle.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Daedalion: So happy to know that the full-of-themselves asses are still alive and kicking in the basin after such a long slumber. 
  • @Kayaldiyah I'm not going to stop my plans just because they collide with your plans and cause you a -minor- inconvience. I don't even know you.

Maybe if you asked a bit nicer instead of acting like I threw your first born baby out a window, you might of gotten somewhere with me.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• @Daedalion: I didn't overreact and act like you threw my first born baby out of the window. I was seeing Gaudi illusions, and had scented you in the area, so I asked if you were the one causing them, and mentioned that it was kinda annoying. You're the one that acted rude saying it was my fault for being there, even though I was there first, and that you didn't care. Its generally common courtesy not to do that sort of stuff when an ally is already there doing stuff. Way to strengthen the alliance! Good job!
  • edited May 2013

@kayaldiyah There is no such thing as 'gaudi illusions' you were running into phantomwalls and complaining about it. I told you why they were there and you seemed to take it as a personal affront to yourself and complained some more. In the end, I had better things to do than listen to you cause an uproar about having to 'writhe' for gods sake, so I ended the discussion. That's it, if you want to continue to complain about having to type 'writhe' on the forums, I am going to promptly ignore you because it's so ridiculous it doesn't even require a debate.

Edit: As to you being 'already there' you have a gem and I didn't see you when I sented. You want courtesy? Make yourself visible.

• @Daedalion Again, I will reiterate my original post. So happy to know that the full-of-themselves asses are still alive and kicking in the basin after such a long slumber. Good day.  :)
    Where is the Glom mushroom man? :/
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Should be in the tunnels under the Tower?

He's gone. :( I don't understand why. He just disappeared!

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Do you know the mushroom man?
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • Casilu said:
    Siam said:
    Everyone knows the mushroom man!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Casilu said:

Siam said:

Doesn't he live on F'aiGlom Lane?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Nope. He lives beneath the dark tower. :(

#bringShikariback 

edited May 2013
    Celina said:
    You just named a single Gaudi, and failed to mention anything about Shuyin and your apparent complete avoidance of him. You named some Mags and a Glom, do you raid those too? Well, I know you don't raid Glom but Mag maybe? I honestly don't know. So point proven I guess. Trolled with the truth? Does that even count as trolling? I mean, we can act like raids don't occur to avoid specific people. Shuyin being Gaudi's premier combatant, but Ciaran managed to breeze over the point completely and Alacardael remembered that one raid on fire that one time he defended. So honest question then. How does Gaudi's top combatant who logs in every day manage to miss all but one of these frequent raids? We're not new here, you know. There were daily daughter raids that I never saw. Sidd, Vadi, and the other prominent glom fighters would always be asking "was there a raid last night?" Obviously it wasn't you guys, but the point is that it isn't some new concept here. We know what you're doing. You know what they say...twice is a coincidence..14 times is...not a coincidence. edit: All that aside, do I live under a rock? When the hell are all these raids?

I don't really get what you're getting at here heh. Are you annoyed at them because they're not fighting at the same time Shuyin logs in? Hey, I'm online nearly every day too, it doesn't mean I know every single thing that goes on unless someone tells me. It's very possible that their timing and Shuyin's timing hasn't matched up lately. For instance, Shuyin expressed what my sleep-deprived brain interprets as genuine surprise that Ethereal's been raided a bit lately, but I've been there for a few of them and heard over clans from Serens and Celestians who came to defend that they were happening with moderatish frequency. Turns out some people aren't omniscient...who knew?

It really comes off as if you're just trying to put these guys down. Why not try to remember that just a few months ago Hallifax raiding -anything- was completely unheard of? Why is it so difficult to look at these guys, outside of the game, see that they're trying their best and maybe...oh, I don't know, encourage them or something? They specifically said that they in fact are not raiding planes and kicking firelords when no one is around, but actually have had people defend and fight against them. That's a big step up and something worth patting them on the back about.

If you need a witness, I for one have seen the deathsights from these raids and I think these guys are doing a great job of improving their coordination. They should be commended.
  • As far as I can see, Celina wants to argue that raiding is dead/dying. That there ISN'T actual raids that come with the level of excitement that Casilu is used to in the past. That the "good ole days" are gone. I agree with her insofar as that those raids are not anywhere near making a revival, though I personally don't feel any nostalgia for those days, nor any excitement at the idea that they might be making a return. Those "good ole days" can rot in hell where I am concerned. Hallifax is raiding now? Whoopee, good for them. Doesn't mean those "good ole days" are back, really.

If Celina came off as high and mighty with her accusation of Hallifax not raiding to the same extent that people used to do in the past, Ciaran came off just as bad with his "you should shut up because we did" attitude.

Shuyin missed some raids. Big deal.

Hallifax is raiding, finally. Big deal.

No one really cares. Take it somewhere else.

edited May 2013
    Of course people care, why would they be talking about it otherwise?

My main point here is that instead of trying to knock people down a few pegs for not raiding at the same time as "big names", we can actually show a little more sportsmanship. The complaint apparently is that they don't raid...yet they just gave perfectly legitimate examples of them raiding recently. It was immediately dismissed as not being good enough because, as was insinuated, they're "avoiding premier combatants".

You wanted them to raid, they're raiding now, why not pat them on the back and tell them to keep it up? I actually totally see where Ciaran is coming from because their efforts are being marginalized. When you feel good about finally doing something, it's not very fun to see people rag on you over it.
  • Okay, so "no one really cares" is an exaggeration. I really should avoid figurative speech on the forums, as I always told myself to in the past. It really doesn't translate well, huh. Here's the literal version: "This is a stupid argument."

The last page of posts have essentially been about raiding and Shuyin's role in defining raids. Here's a summary of how stupid it looks:

Celina: "It's not a raid if you're not fighting Shuyin."
    Ciaran: "Yes, it is! You shut up!"

I don't know, but if there's anyone who comes out on top in this argument, it'll be Shuyin and his ego. The only other thing that's successfully done in this latest string of posts is to exhibit idiocy. I don't see my job to be making people feel good about what they're doing, nor to put down their efforts. That's why I've not commented until you revived a (really stupid) discussion that's been (finally) dead for hours.

This discussion has been closed.