Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    My car battery is dead and I don't know what to do. I am stuck on the side of the road in dallas outside a bar and totally freaking out I ask here because I don't know where else to ask. My friends are all passed out. Damn cinco mayo
    Too late, probably, but... it is possible to start a car via pushing. I haven't actually looked at it on an automatic transmission, which yours probably is, but on a manual it goes something like... turn key to contact position, switch gear into neutral, push to gain something like 5MPH or so, hop in the car and carefully ease it into first gear. Rinse and repeat until it starts (I haven't needed to do this more than twice)

Beyond that... always carry jumper cables in your car trunk in case you get into trouble like that, you can probably flag someone to pull over and easily talk them into jump starting your car.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • And get AAA.

I mean really, I have Chevy Roadside, AAA, and OnStar, but neither here nor there.... :X
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, it works best on a slope, but you can do it anywhere once you can get it moving. You put your foot down on the clutch while getting a push, switch to second gear, then once you're moving you release the clutch while turning the key.
  • Err, just get someone to jump the car for you.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    There was no one around anywhere. I was parked in a neighborhood at 3 am

Rivius said:
    Well, it works best on a slope, but you can do it anywhere once you can get it moving. You put your foot down on the clutch while getting a push, switch to second gear, then once you're moving you release the clutch while turning the key.
    Yeah, apparently you can't do that at all with an automatic transmission, which is what Celina probably has. There is something called a "jump starter pack" that you can get from Autozone for something like $50 that will help you start the car in a pinch.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:

Rivius said:

Yeah, apparently you can't do that at all with an automatic transmission, which is what Celina probably has. There is something called a "jump starter pack" that you can get from Autozone for something like $50 that will help you start the car in a pinch.

You can, but it's a bit harder and depends on the type of transmission you have.
    I finally got someone to rescue me. Seriously, people don't answer their phone at 3 am on a sunday. It's so weird.
    I guess that would technically be Monday...
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this but can anyone share the new line for when you play a targeted music ability to someone and they have truehearing up?
  • edited May 2013
    x seems oblivious to your music.

Edit:
    No more attacking deaf people and missing the lack of line in group spam!

• Uuuuuugh.  I was really hoping I would get home from work today and be able to forge my awesome new armour.  Oh please, dear wonderful reviewers, please get a chance to look at it soon!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So apparently Shadowlord Faeling use to have 18 strength maxed before someone changed the races up.

Dear lord do they need that extra point back. 17 str cap is awful for wounding =(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Kio said:
    Uuuuuugh.  I was really hoping I would get home from work today and be able to forge my awesome new armour.  Oh please, dear wonderful reviewers, please get a chance to look at it soon!
    Usually takes a while if something was returned once before. I've had designs sitting around for over 2 weeks when they've been rejected and put up again. Patience is a virtue.

• edited May 2013
    Pretty sure if something is rejected and resubmitted, it can't be reviewed by the same mortal reviewers, from a discussion on the old forums about turnaround times. You can reset this by completely removing the submission and recreating it, but obviously that uses up a new cartel slot.
  • I don't really know how these things work too well, yet.  I'm just gonna sit here and whine to myself until I can wear something that I designed!

I'm just so excited to finally have gotten to the place where I can design things.  It's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do, but have never had the means.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Morkarion said:
    So apparently Shadowlord Faeling use to have 18 strength maxed before someone changed the races up.

Dear lord do they need that extra point back. 17 str cap is awful for wounding =(
    18 str put them on par with aslaran, now aslaran is the clear choice. I don't understand what those disagrees are about, but when the racial review went through, I was pretty vocal about them keeping that 1 str point. No one listened. SL faeling was seen as too OP

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I really don't know the details. I'll say that now so take it with a large grain of salt...  It makes sense that Aslaran are stronger offensively than spec faeling, considering that faelings have no maluses and a sip bonus.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.

Aslaran (19str 23 dex 19 con) bal bonus, eq bonus, lvl2 fire weakness, lvl1 cold resist, herb malus
    SL Faeling (17str, 25dex, 16 con), bal bonus, sip bonus, herb bonus

It's a matter of what you feel is important. People always throw that sip bonus out like it's a colossal deal, but I've never really felt it made a vast improvement. I also don't feel like the sip mlaus on Viscanti is a big deal either, having used viscanti a lot when I was a druid for tanking. Stats don't really equal out, extra dex on faeling is really eaten up by diminishing returns, I'd totally give away 2 points just for 1 str point. The con is a pretty big deal, but that leads into a conversation where health pools are easy to inflate (which is true), but they always leave out that anything a faeling can do to improve his health pool, an aslaran can do so too. Also they have the same int/cha too, so that's not even a disparity.

now aslaran, in my opinion are clearly better for warriors, and giving SL faeling an extra +1 str (one that it originally had, and was removed, as well as the bal bonus being dropped from lvl 3 to lvl 2), put's them even with aslaran for warrior choices. Aslaran will still be better off offensively, faeling would be a bit better defensively, but they'd be pretty close to evenly matched I think, which just allows members of Glomdoring to ride as spec race rather than settling for aslaran if they really want to compete, that +2 str does make a difference for wounding.

Plus, when you consider SL faeling is a spec race, and compare it to other spec races:

Sl faeling       -3int -3cha +3str +2con            +2size   (17str, 25 dex, 16 con - warrior stats) sip bonus, bal bonus, herb bonus
    Eflen Lord     - 2int -3cha +4str +3con +2 dex +2size   (22str 23 dex 21 con) herb bonus, psychic resist
    Merian Lord - -3int, -2cha +5str +4con +3 dex +2size   (23 str 22 dex 21 con) lvl2 fire/elec weakness
    Viscanti -      -2int           +3str +2con + 2dex _+2size  (23str 19dex 23 con) smattering of lvl 2 resists, sip malus
    Dracnari       - 2int -2cha  +2str +2con                         (23str 19dex 22 con) smattering of resists/weakness 
    Trill -             -2int -3cha, +3str +2con                         (22str,21dex,20con) few resists, 1 weakness
    Lucidian -      -2int -1cha, +5str           +2 dex              (22str, 19dex 21con) smattering of resists/weakness

They have the worst stats of any spec race. I understand that the balance bonus is pretty awesome, but I don't think asking for +1 str is really anything gamebreaking/over the top

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited May 2013
    We could just nerf aslaran. If anything, the race is far too good period. Not just for warriors, but in general.
    (half-kidding)

EDIT: Actually, if that spec-race table is accurate (are they accurate? They seem a bit high...Are you factoring in that stats are weighted? What buffs are you considering?), I guess giving them that extra str point is okay. The balance bonus is pretty significant though. It allows you to shave off a fair bit of speed to throw into precision and still hit just as fast.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Having to play on a phone. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• That table lists the changes from the vanilla race into the warrior spec stats, with the stats in brackets listing the what a fully buffed demigod of that race can get. (This means, +1 unweighted from titan, +1 unweighted from demi power, PLUS the full +5 stat buff (requires total +8 weighted))

Those final stats in the brackets are, in other words, the absolute max'd versions. There's no way to get higher than those except by hacking the game. There are a couple of mathematical inaccuracies, though. The correct table should be as follows (errors corrected and bolded):

Race     |  Original Stats              |  Spec Mods                 | Absolute Maximum Stats
    Faeling  | 7 Str, 18 Dex, 9 Con     | +3 Str, +2 Con             | 17 Str, 25 Dex,18 Con
    Elfen     | 11 Str, 14 Dex, 11 Con  | +4 Str, +2 Dex, +3 Con | 22 Str, 23 Dex, 21 Con
    Merian   | 11 Str, 11 Dex, 11 Con  | +5 Str, +3 Dex, +4 Con | 23 Str, 21 Dex, 22 Con
    Viscanti | 13 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con | +3 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con | 23 Str, 19 Dex, 23 Con
    Dracnari | 14 Str, 10 Dex, 15 Con | +2 Str, +2 Dex             | 23 Str, 19 Dex, 22 Con
    Trill        | 12 Str, 14 Dex, 11 Con | +3 Str, +2 Con             | 22 Str, 21 Dex, 20 Con
    Lucidian | 10 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con | +5 Str, +2 Dex             | 22 Str, 19 Dex, 21 Con

Aslaran  | 12 Str, 16 Dex, 12 Con |                                   | 19 Str, 23 Dex, 19 Con

I didn't bother double checking the bonus/weaknesses, but this stat table should be the right one. I've finally had the chance to try faeling myself, having recently bought a cameo. (Actually, going faeling was what made me buy my cameo, because screw vanilla faeling stats. :( )While I don't have access to the spec race stats, I must say I was disappointed at the sip bonus. The low con pool more than makes up for the sip bonus. This is just my anecdotal experience, of course, but the low con pool results in a pathetic sip, and even the forest regen is piddly poo. "Barely worth it" doesn't cut it. "Not worth it at all" is far closer to the truth, which is probably a little worse than that.

The best thing the sip bonus does is to (barely, if even) cover the low health pool during fights by making the faeling a little more sustainable, since most PvP attacks scale to max health. Even factoring the sip bonus and regen in, a spec'd faeling is probably about as tanky as any other warrior spec'd race. Except they have dismal strength. And unspec'd faeling? Good for influencing and nothing else. Free flying is nice, though. I miss my wings as an aslaran so bad. :(

edited May 2013
    Should be accurate, a mistake or two may be in there, but it'd only be a point likely, final stats are considering the most potential, so max weighting giving +5 from starting base assuming titan and Demi power being used

Edit Lerad beat me to it, con was 2 points off for faeling, my bad there

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    The shadowlord change was more a rage jihad against glomdoring than anything to do with shadowlords. That 1 str was a big enough deal that no one plays them anymore, so I'm curious as to why the people that argued so hard for the nerf feel making a race unplayable was justified.

There's absolutely no major difference between old SL and current aslaran. We just can't play one now that had a sip bonus and lower con. It was partisan arguing at its finest.
  • I don't think SL Faeling are unplayable. They are not as competitive in some areas, in groups especially, where the sip bonus and sip malus doesn't matter much at all, but their low str makes their contribution to group bursting dismal. I'm not 100% sure, but I think puissance and lunges are percentage based, and if I'm not wrong, that exacerbates their weaknesses.

In a 1v1, they are tankier than an aslaran against anyone fire damage spam, but the lower str stat can be made up with nightkiss stats somewhat. Of course, Elfen serenguard outclass them easily, and Crowtotem SL faelings are pretty much shat-up-the-creek, but Nighttotem SLs can still pull their weight and even succeed. They are definitely gimped statwise, (my opinion, definitely has my own biases) but I don't feel they are unplayable.

Oh, they are unplayable as a bashing race, that's for sure. Screw faeling bashing.

edited May 2013

If they have no hope at top tier, they are unplayable.

edit: For all intensive purposed anyways.

I've played both faeling and mugwump, and the sip bonus is bordering on pointless in group fights. It's hilarious, especially considering the group damage arguments currently floating around. When you can be killed in the time it takes to sip once or twice, or where aeon is so prevalent which stalls sipping, how exactly is a small sip bonus (read: not a bonus to scroll or sparkle) such a huge benefit? I'm not any more or less survivable as a wump than I was as a faeling. Not that the Serens and others than vowed to destroy shadowlords would know, since most never played one.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The issue is. SL Faeling vs Aslaran. You give up strength, int, con, cold resist and a higher level balance bonus for being hit harder on the Dex diminishing returns, the salve bonus and no herb or fire malus.

Even with +1 str to SL Faeling you're still below the aslaran potential of 19 str 20 dex (and yes you can reach it, have done myself) I've been trying to play SL Faeling and really every time I do I fail to see why I wouldn't just play Aslaran. Hence my initial post that got disagrees people still haven't cared to offer up an explanation for.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    It's spite, I tell you.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If by unplayable you mean uncompetitive, yes. Aslaran outshines Faeling in the areas that matter for warriors pretty much across the board. Aslaran also are not a spec race, and are widely available to every community as an option.

I'm about the only Shadowlord, and that's mostly for RP. I am still strongly considering a cameo and race hat, just because it is a pretty hard slog in comparison to the other options out there.

Giving Faelings that strength point back will not unbalance them; the race will still have less strength than aslarans and less constitution, and at that point it is a choice between the benefits of both races instead of a situation where there is one clearly superior option.

And it is not even a hard fix to make. :(
  • You have a sub optimal spec race and perfectly viable alternatives?

Welcome to the club.

That faelings, the smallest and weakest of races, do not make top tier facerolling warriors that rule the basin is clearly an injustice. Clearly.

Curse you cruel gods! Curse you!

This discussion has been closed.