Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's just frustrating and sad when people resort to snub to avoid in-character roleplay resolution, which can be rewarding and fun. That's my only gripe with the snub mechanic.

• edited October 2013
    Couldn't decide if this was a rave or something to be embarassed of, but:

+ Adherent of the Mother, Parua Moonvine, Paws of the Coven --------------+
    | Sex    : Female                     Birthday  : 21st Avechary 347        |
    | Race   : Furrikin                    Age       : 19                                 |
    | Mentor : Tandus                    Mentorship: Able to mentor          |
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • ... Wow, jumping onto another forum account to post after your previous one has been banned. Really good way to convince people you're a rational person worth listening to. Also really good way to keep the second account from being banned as well. Good thinking.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Lavinya said:
    It's just frustrating and sad when people resort to snub to avoid in-character roleplay resolution, which can be rewarding and fun. That's my only gripe with the snub mechanic.
    It is, yes; to me, it's far less frustrating when snub is used for its intended purpose (such as if I was to send you a scathing OOC message berating your ability to play the game in any meaningful manner).

This is what snub really is supposed to exist for, and going on to insult people for using it in this fashion is a bit sad.  It is supposed to block OOC harassment, not be an avenue to continue with it. :(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Where's Shaddus and that popcorn gif, the party has started up again.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thank you, me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Well, we are all you, so I couldn't see a reason why I couldn't do it instead of myself. Sortof.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Caerlyr said:

Synkarin said:

It's funny because Draylor snubbed me for the exact thing he's spouting off about now. Guy doesn't know his head from his ass. I don't know why people bother with him anymore.

I mean the guy once tried , self admittedly, to 'troll' me and it ended with him blocking me on Facebook followed by him trying to become chummy with me when I moved to hallifax, as if that erases anything he ever did. but no, obviously Xenthos is a partisan silly pants, not Draylor.

We just need Kio to sap him until he ragespins himself into oblivion again

Might have something to do with you giving my system out to people for free, no?

I love how I point out your hypocrisy twice over and you come out with a typical Draylor move, blatantly lie about something.

What system did I give out for free? I didn't even try to buy Saracen.

Making random nonsensical accusations doesn't do you any favors.No, I didn't give out your system I don't even have for free. Provide physical evidence to the contrary but we both know you won't, you never do when challenged to.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Lavinya said:
    But why? It may be frustrating and sad to not be able to get in the last word, but if someone doesn't want in-character roleplay with you- and really, no one is obligated to roleplay with anyone- then why would it would be rewarding or fun to pursue it? Seems like it just ends up making all involved angrier and banned from forums.

Besides, it's not always possible to determine what is a legitimate case of ooc harassment. Some kinds of roleplay or language is offensive to one person when, to another, it was completely in-character(and not  necessarily against the rules). Mechanics can't fix human nature or settle every dispute... so just trust that the abusers weren't worth your time anyway.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Using snub to avoid IC interaction seems silly to me. I've only ever used snub twice. Once was when someone wouldn't leave me alone while I was in the middle of helping a group of novices, whom I unsnubbed after I was finished. The other only as a last resort, being after I had previously asked to not be contacted OOCly because the interactions happening in that regard were not pleasant. To me, snub is a Big Deal, not something to just throw up because someone's RP rubs you the wrong way.

My tweet: Super excited to get home tonight. @Tacita should be, too! :D

(@Thul should not.)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I feel so left out with the whole end of year event. A red star thing and star-eyes isn't here?! Bad rl stuff. Bad.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Kio said:
    Using snub to avoid IC interaction seems silly to me. I've only ever used snub twice. Once was when someone wouldn't leave me alone while I was in the middle of helping a group of novices, whom I unsnubbed after I was finished. The other only as a last resort, being after I had previously asked to not be contacted OOCly because the interactions happening in that regard were not pleasant. To me, snub is a Big Deal, not something to just throw up because someone's RP rubs you the wrong way. My tweet: Super excited to get home tonight. @Tacita should be, too! :D (@Thul should not.)
    *makes note to try and be online today*
  • @Tarkenton: This'd be a great time for you to come to Nocht. You might even get to kill your own father >.>
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Pitch me on Him then :D
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Those moments when people give ambiguous intel rather than tell you straight up what you need to know, leading to silly pointless deaths.

I'm sure I'll find it funny some time.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Am I right that if you're submitting a design that revolves around a Divine's symbols/imagery/is deliberately meant to refer to Them, then you need to set it no mortal review? Or do you need to like, comment something specific?
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Tacita said:
    Am I right that if you're submitting a design that revolves around a Divine's symbols/imagery/is deliberately meant to refer to Them, then you need to set it no mortal review? Or do you need to like, comment something specific?
    You do not need to comment or set to no mortal review. The design will be flagged by the mortal reviewers for the Divine's express approval before it is processed for normal approval or rejection.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Zyphora said:
    Tacita said:
    You do not need to comment or set to no mortal review. The design will be flagged by the mortal reviewers for the Divine's express approval before it is processed for normal approval or rejection.
    Oooh awesome. Thank you! <3
  • edited October 2013

Whoa! The toad is part male, part it.
  • Must've been exposed to Atrazine.
  • Kio said:
    Using snub to avoid IC interaction seems silly to me. I've only ever used snub twice. Once was when someone wouldn't leave me alone while I was in the middle of helping a group of novices, whom I unsnubbed after I was finished. The other only as a last resort, being after I had previously asked to not be contacted OOCly because the interactions happening in that regard were not pleasant. To me, snub is a Big Deal, not something to just throw up because someone's RP rubs you the wrong way. My tweet: Super excited to get home tonight. @Tacita should be, too! :D (@Thul should not.)
    Much as I hate bringing this up again, I want to clarify that I'm not suggesting snub as a response to ANYTHING. I think it's a terrible feature and should only be used as an absolute last resort... but I do know stories of other people using it for very ambiguous, possibly-occ-harassment-possibly-not situations, and I don't think it's really worthwhile or even fair to try to mediate it. You can't force someone to interact, with or without snub... so why bother stressing about it?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

/me weeps

(I was perusing my lusty stuff, and this popped up.)
  • Hidden objects in room descs have to be my least favourite part of Lusternia quests by far. Especially when most room descs are the same. Surely there ought to be better things to do to make people look at room descs.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Want a script to get around that? >.>
  • If it probes every word in the room longdesc, then thanks but no thanks, as I already have that. If it does more... yes please.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • It probes as well as turns, pushes (etc) and gags it all.
  • Then thanks, but no thanks. It wouldn't solve my issue. Grateful for the offer though.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It occurs to me after reading the bardic I submitted last month that I seem to be really good at brainstorming ideas and starting writing/designs, but I always end up getting halfway through and starting to write like crap.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.