Phase II: Buff Overhaul

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    racial maluses are going away.

I'm pretty sure they are refering just to regeneration maluses (like shadows stopping mana regen or musicboxes), in which case, it makes sense that the regen malus would be -10/-10 (but should probably be -13/-13 to account for the fancy regen runes)
    I'd actually assume abilities that stop regen to be at -13/0 or -10/0 (Depending on how strong artifacts are supposed to be) They are after all only stopping regeneration, not providing an active drain.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    racial maluses are going away.

I'm pretty sure they are refering just to regeneration maluses (like shadows stopping mana regen or musicboxes), in which case, it makes sense that the regen malus would be -10/-10 (but should probably be -13/-13 to account for the fancy regen runes)
    I'd actually assume abilities that stop regen to be at -13/0 or -10/0 (Depending on how strong artifacts are supposed to be) They are after all only stopping regeneration, not providing an active drain.
    Yes, you're right, they wouldn't provide an active drain, and I suppose the -10/-10 notation implies that, but that wasn't the intention. the intention was to stop regen.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Right, but in any event it should not read as 9. I don't have any listed malus.
    Viynain said:
    @Skye: As an aside, 6/10 Health regen from what I'm assuming is three Body-type Harmony mantras is bugged. The max for that particular bonus should be capped at 8, not 10.

Some regens have been mistakenly set at max 10 instead of their respective proposals, but @Roark is getting around to fixing those up.
    That would explain it, then!

• Tridemon said:
    Hmm. Questions about these new resistance runes- first off, do two runes of the same type stack- If I grabbed 3 of the superior fire runes, would I be able to get 9/13 resistance- and do they apply returning and non-decay to armor that they're attached to, since it looks like they can be attached to armor?
    Runes ought not stack like that. They should apply returning and non-decay.
  • Skye said:
    I suppose this goes here.

This new system is now live, and I have a regen stack that I don't understand.

**************************[ Bodyscan - Regeneration ]**************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Health       Mercy                                  2       6
    Health       Demigod                              3       8
    Health       Harmony of the body             6       10
    Health       Loboshigaru                          1       10
                   Total                                      9

Should this not add up to 10? I don't want to go submitting bugs yet in case there's something I don't understand.
    Harmony of the body was capped at 8 but misreporting as 10 in the bodyscan results. I believe this is fixed. Message me if you still see otherwise.
  • Luenn said:
    I don't seem to be getting any bonus to my tattoos from being a monk. Is this intentional?

Also, out of curiosity, what happens to resistance/buff tattoos that are less than 100 weight?
    Tattoos count as armor. Ditto robes. We did not touch armor. All that still functions the same as before and applies its resists outside the X/Y buff system.
  • Baelor said:

Maluses are calculated after your buff is finalised, so that they operate at full effect and aren't simply overwritten by an excessive level of buffs.
    I should clarify this. Maluses are calculated independently of your buff, not before nor after. So you calculate your buffs and you calculate your maluses (as a negative). Add those two results and that's the outcome. What this means is that have ten 1/1 buffs combined with a single -1/1 malus results in a net zero. Similarly, having ten -1/1 maluses combined with a single 1/1 buff results in a net zero.
  • Synkarin said:
    There are a few -13 regen maluses like advanced stage skin rot. I don't recall music boxes offhand, but I don't think they ended up in that category.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2015
    Roark said:

Tridemon said:
    Hmm. Questions about these new resistance runes- first off, do two runes of the same type stack- If I grabbed 3 of the superior fire runes, would I be able to get 9/13 resistance- and do they apply returning and non-decay to armor that they're attached to, since it looks like they can be attached to armor?
    Runes ought not stack like that. They should apply returning and non-decay.
    Does this mean that such armour will also always be repairable to 100%? Are there any unexpected behaviours with masterplate that may revert to regular plate when flexing out of forging?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I believe Luenn was referring to the double defensive DMP that monks get.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I believe Luenn was referring to the double defensive DMP that monks get.
    Tattoos only currently give one level for all players (I think it's 1/5), but there's an upcoming envoy report that'll address this for monks.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Is shrine vendetta (and maybe vindicatedvendetta) supposed to show up? I can't remember the restrictions on its applicability either.
  • Here's my stats just as a reference for people.

**************************[ Bodyscan - Regeneration ]**************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max
    Health       Mercy                                   2       6
    Health       Demigod                              3       8
    Health       Stag form                             4       8
    Health       Regeneration                       4       8
    Health       Moonchilde aura                  4       8
    Health       Dwarf                                   1       10
    Health       Athletic regeneration           4        10
    Health       Tree totem                           10      10    <-----Ignore this, only effective in-commune.
    Health       Artifact rune                         3       13
                   Total                                       13

Mana         Moon totem                         2       6
    Mana         Perfection                            2       6
    Mana         Demigod                              3       8
    Mana         Moonchilde aura                  4       8
    Mana         Dwarf                                   1       10
    Mana         Artifact rune                         3       13
                   Total                                       12

Ego          Beauty                                  2       6
    Ego          Demigod                               3       8
    Ego          Moonchilde aura                   4       8
    Ego          Dwarf                                    1       10
    Ego          Artifact rune                          3       13
                   Total                                       12

*******************************************************************************
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks for posting that up, @Camberre. It looks like a few regenerations are still reporting */10 max values instead of their intended values. @Roark, do you want BUGs for these, or is this thread enough to get them corrected?

As an FYI, the only things that should naturally give */10 or more max regens are the following:

• Elfen/Faeling demi trait
    • Loboshigaru demi trait
    • Artifact regen runes
    • Artifact Gnewpie dolls
    • Life Major Domoth Blessing
    • Chaos Lesser Domoth Blessing
    • Spire of Dionamus Blessing
    • PsyMet Regenerate
    • Shamanism WalkingTrance
    • Totems Tree
    • Transmology Stable Aura w/ Fleshmound

If any other abilities are reporting */10 values but aren't on that list, please BUG it accordingly to get fixed.

Also, was I mistaken in understanding how Tree Totem works? Does it work in the presence of commune totems, or only when they're converted to an elder tree/at the nexus? If it's in the presence of a commune totem, that should be scaled back to */6 or */8 since my understanding of that availability was flawed. If only with an elder tree/at the nexus, that should be correct.

A totem is technically an elder tree, I thought, except you can't chop it and it generates more power. Mechanically it shouldn't be any different. Granted, that high regen is probably a bit much for it, but there shouldn't be a difference between the two... or even between younger commune trees (As they're being grown to make an elder) and an elder/totem, they're all the commune's sacred trees.

I'm a bit curious about the situation with the cutting/blunt runes personally. Will they affect monks and warriors too? That sounds like an oops waiting to hit us in the face where warriors, and to a lesser extent monks are dealing both high damage and wounding at the same time where the magic damage rune didn't affect them previously except for ones with access to abilities like destruction/nightkiss/etc which don't deal wounding at the same time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'm also getting a 1/10 lucidian racial ego regen somehow.... which I don't recall in the racial stats... I'm also on cloudy terrain and definitely not getting the 1/10 lucidian health/mana racial. Perhaps something got weird there... or are racial regens coded in at all yet?

• edited June 2015
    Okay, more info since dwarves are suffering hard from the dmp system:

Three belches (tipsy) with all drunk related toys and fully tolerant:

**************************[ Bodyscan - Resistances ]***************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max
    Universal    Amber beer                              1       5
    Universal    Divine favour                           1       10
                   Total                                            2

Blunt        Dwarf                                           1       4
                   Total (including universal)             3

Cutting      Dwarf                                          1       4
    Cutting      Tattoo                                         1       5
                   Total (including universal)            4

Magical      Dwarf                                        2       4
    Magical      Magic proofing                          1       5
    Magical      Resistance                                1       8
                   Total (including universal)              6

Fire         Dwarf                                            1       4
    Fire         Tattoo                                           1       5
    Fire         Frost potion                                 1       5
    Fire         Curio                                            3       7
    Fire         Fitness                                         1       8
                   Total (including universal)           9

Cold         Dwarf                                        1       4
    Cold         Caloric potion                            1       5
    Cold         Stag hide                                   3       10
                   Total (including universal)           7

Poison       Dwarf                                       2       4
    Poison       Snake totem                             2       10
                   Total (including universal)            6

Asphyxiation Blue chakra                          1       6
    Asphyxiation Holding breath                      8       13
                   Total (including universal)           11

Electricity  Galvanism                               1       5
                   Total (including universal)           3

Excorable    Cosmic nimbus                     1       5
                   Total (including universal)           3

Divinus      Tattoo                                       1       5
    Divinus      Cosmic nimbus                        1       5
                   Total (including universal)           4

*******************************************************************************

Edited excess away due to misunderstanding of overhaul.

Effectively same 'change' on darkbeer.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see any change...

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Exactly, @Synkarin . Resistances from being drunk as dwarf should've boosted, even without Amberbeer. Dwarf inebriation wasn't even showing, just amberbeer for 1/5 even with a massive increase in drink.
  • Should point out that the new racials are not yet live
  • @Baelor what about the old drunk buffs? Amberbeer and dwarf's old native inebriation should be showing up then. In some manner. That was my concern. I think beers/dwarves got left out of this update.
  • From what I recall, Amberbeer is now a flat bonus irrelevant of inebriation. I may be confusing this with the change to dark brew, it may in fact be both.
  • Okay, that's understood, @Baelor, but what about the dwarf inebriation bonus? or was that removed?
  • Unsure about that one, but it'll be replaced with the new racials soon.
  • Racial regenerations and resistances haven't been converted into the system yet, so don't count on those outputs showing up (or not showing up) on BODYSCAN to be accurate.

In regards to drunkenness in general, I don't know if they'll still plan for Amber and Dark beers to scale up or down depending on drunk level. As for Dwarven drunkenness, see note above.
  • Well that sort of belittles the value of drunkedness then. Meh. Poor dwarves. Always getting stepped on.
    Pretty sure dwarf drunkenness was supposed to scale up to 8/8 based on how drunk one is. That said, as was pointed out, racials aren't in yet which would explain why it doesn't help much at present.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The dwarf racial will scale when implemented, but the beers now do not scale (note that some other skills still do scale as they did under the old system, but beers are commonly available and would be too easy to fill up on if they did scale).
  • Yep, but the algorithm was correct you'd be penalized with drunk effects for more protection... I fail to see why it was removed.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ardmore said:
    Yep, but the algorithm was correct you'd be penalized with drunk effects for more protection... I fail to see why it was removed.
    Certain races / guildskills also get the buff; stacking them would basically let you get to the cap / near the cap with nothing but being just moderately drunk (and the "punishment" is something that a good system can handle while performing sober, especially at lower levels).