Brave Frontier Thread

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
Hi guys! I know there are a few Brave Frontier players here but there may be more so I started this thread!

If any of you would like to add me, here's my summoner ID:

:) Happy questing!
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• Ultor lead checking in

5232469476 on NA
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Currently a Rin lead, but I tend to change between Maxwell, Lilly Matah, or 7* Selena.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Totally not as high leveled as you guys. Story of my Lusternia life :P
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I'll add you guys up once I get home. :>
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I downloaded it. It's been "checking files," for 20 minutes.

Cool game.

I usually have Rin as my main but I have 6 star Feeva, Narza, Orna, Ivris, Ultor and several other others.

My name there is Samsoi (my dog's name is Samson but he goes by Samsoi because he's fancy)

Celina said:

Cool game.

It's like final fantasy combined with the pokemon COLLECT THEM ALL(THE UNITS THAT COUNT) spin to it, @Celina. Hopefully you got past the file check so you could join in!

PS

Guys, I still have to clear some slots to add you folks in. :>

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear

I'm a noob.  So I'm likely unhelpful at best :D
    Celina said:

Cool game.

It has problems sometimes with the files coming up abnormal. Just make sure you have a good connection to your wifi.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Tarkenton said:

I'm a noob.  So I'm likely unhelpful at best :D
    Bruh. You need to level your leader badly :/
  • I have a bunch of 3 star monsters that I have no idea what to do with, like mimics and material monsters, and they're taking up a ton of space. What are they for? o0
    I did a few missions. But like I said, noob
    Xanward said:

I have a bunch of 3 star monsters that I have no idea what to do with, like mimics and material monsters, and they're taking up a ton of space. What are they for? o0

Keep your mimics, they'll be used for evolutions. Sprites/Idols/Pots/Totems too.

Your best bet for now is to Google the Brave Frontier Wiki and look at your characters. Check them out, see what their BB does. If they don't have at least a 4* or more evolution, they're likely just fodder. Your first non-slime character should likely be saved, because they'll be able to evolve up to 7* someday.
  • Shaddus said:

Xanward said:

I have a bunch of 3 star monsters that I have no idea what to do with, like mimics and material monsters, and they're taking up a ton of space. What are they for? o0

Keep your mimics, they'll be used for evolutions. Sprites/Idols/Pots/Totems too.

Your best bet for now is to Google the Brave Frontier Wiki and look at your characters. Check them out, see what their BB does. If they don't have at least a 4* or more evolution, they're likely just fodder. Your first non-slime character should likely be saved, because they'll be able to evolve up to 7* someday.
    ...Oops. Should probably save those...
  • Don't get rid of any of your units until you check them on the wiki. Some start out beyond useless and then eventually become insanely powerful.

Also, healing and defense units seem pointless when you begin but you will never make it through content later on in the game without them.

I keep getting these damn alchemists
    A couple of tips for the newer players:

Don't waste your honor points for normal summons. About once a month, there's an event where you get 80 honor a mission for friend accompanying you, and it's a good time to spam low-energy quests to rack up honor. Generally after that, there's a week where all basic summons have a 95% chance of being rare or higher. That's when you blow all your honor points, and you'll rack up fusion fodder, burst frogs, and gold mobs to sell.

Use your gems for rare summons if you want, or increasing your item max, or character max, or whatever. Please, for the love of god, don't waste your gems on "Ah, I can't beat this boss and I'm soooooooo close, I just need to continue". It's a waste, trust me.

Don't feel like you have to friend request everyone you use in a mission.

Get familiar with the Capital area and the place you get keys. Metal keys are handed out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and....I think thursdays. If you haven't figured these out yet, it's to unlock a Vortex Dungeon to spam missions for fuse fodder. Remember that fusing the same elements = 25% more experience or so.
    Celina said:

What damn alchemists?
  • Shaddus said:

A couple of tips for the newer players:

Don't waste your honor points for normal summons. About once a month, there's an event where you get 80 honor a mission for friend accompanying you, and it's a good time to spam low-energy quests to rack up honor. Generally after that, there's a week where all basic summons have a 95% chance of being rare or higher. That's when you blow all your honor points, and you'll rack up fusion fodder, burst frogs, and gold mobs to sell.

Use your gems for rare summons if you want, or increasing your item max, or character max, or whatever. Please, for the love of god, don't waste your gems on "Ah, I can't beat this boss and I'm soooooooo close, I just need to continue". It's a waste, trust me.

Don't feel like you have to friend request everyone you use in a mission.

Get familiar with the Capital area and the place you get keys. Metal keys are handed out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and....I think thursdays. If you haven't figured these out yet, it's to unlock a Vortex Dungeon to spam missions for fuse fodder. Remember that fusing the same elements = 25% more experience or so.

Gold mobs? 
  • Alchemist Rigness? He's a pretty good healer. Useless early on in the game since you don't fight anything that would make you need a healer but keep one around. You will be glad you did.

There's a few creatures who are only for selling to make gold. They're gold colored and hard to miss. Like this
  • Shaddus said:

There's a few creatures who are only for selling to make gold. They're gold colored and hard to miss. Like this

Glad I asked. Time to sell those :P
    Xanward said:

Shaddus said:

Glad I asked. Time to sell those :P
    A good rule of thumb is that if it had a max level of 1, it's used for something besides being in your party.
    There, my leader isn't level one anymore. And I did manage to evolve my starter, and he's ready for his next evolve. the bonus zel is just delicious though.
    edited May 2015
    Celina said:

DO YOU MEAN RIGNESS?! I've been trying to get one. Rigness is like the Shadowdancer Healer Princess of Darkness Celina in Brave Frontier. Heals a ton. Laughs at status afflictions. Damages well, too. :(

Also guys, you can refer to the Brave Frontier Long Term Unit Tier List.

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:

Celina said:

DO YOU MEAN RIGNESS?! I've been trying to get one. Rigness is like the Shadowdancer Healer Princess of Darkness Celina in Brave Frontier. Heals a ton. Laughs at status afflictions. Damages well, too. :(

I really like that chart, but I'm surprised Rowgen isn't ranked higher. He carried me through 75% of the game.
    Siam said:

Celina said:

Well I have like 4 of him now. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2015
    I've been trying it too, and for the moment it's pretty straight forward

Wish I had seen that link before fusing my Vargas into my Orwen

Oh yeah ID: 5319618192

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    my ID is 6761848426
    Synkarin said:

I've been trying it too, and for the moment it's pretty straight forward

Wish I had seen that link before fusing my Vargas into my Orwen

Oh yeah ID: 5319618192
    Vargas is a pretty common unit, you'll have chances to get him again. He's one of the ones you can develop up to 7* later on.