Brave Frontier Thread

Comments

• My ID is 1117510769.

I'll try to add as many of you as I can find, and if any of you have the time to add me that would be great! Thanks.
  • So should I stop using my lvl 15 Pyro Spin Ruby and just make Claire my leader and replace my pyro with Holy Defender Rinon?
  • And should I fuse all units to my chosen "Main" regardless of their element?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If you can, I'd use all 3 when you get a chance. 

Fusing the same element gives you an exp boost on that unit, but you can fuse any element, so it's really up to you. At this point, I'd definitely just focus on one unit and build it up.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I keep fusing my favourite units up, just to get one much better from a summon. Crie.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Claire is a bad lead. She's just a beefy unit. For low levels look for units that have leader skills that buff your health and attack. I ran with Ciara for a while until I hit 70+ and feeva was a lot better.
  • So I found my way to the administrative offices and got my first key, a light key (not a metal one?).

Is that used for something similar?  You had said the metal keys are for parades where people level their units really quickly?  

I think I'll spend my lunch break reading the BF Wiki muahaha.
  • Hmm I've tried to add many of you who have posted your ID's in this thread, and I have been told that you already have the max number of friends allowed.  So I guess if any of you are willing to boot a friend to add me that would be sweet :)
    Jewel Keys (which you only get on wednesday) are for the Jewell parade which gives you units to sell for lotsa Zil. 

Zil's used to evolve and fuse units.

You get Metal Keys the other four weekdays.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2015
    First rule: don't Fuse away characters until you're absolutely sure you won't be using them. Use google and find the wiki. If the character has a 6* form, they probably shouldn't be fused away. If they have a 7*, you really shouldn't fuse them away.

If a character is level 1/1, like golden ghosts and so on, they're used for something.

Don't evolve your characters too quickly, or you'll be sitting with 2-3 in your squad.

Rinon won't be strong now, but her 7* form will be a pretty good support member later on.

Claire, especially in her higher forms, is a killer in the arena.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Should I be trying the arena at my level?  I tried twice now--the first time I got smoked by some guy with over 100 wins and like no losses, with a max level main etc etc.  At that point I didn't know I could pick and choose my opponent.

The second time in the first round FOUR of my 5 guys died instantly before ever attacking, and my pyro ruby stayed alive for FOUR MORE ROUNDS, killing FOUR OF HIS guys and getting the last guy down to a sliver before she fell.  I was so proud.

But yeah...I was trying to do the daily thingymajig for honor points (?) but didn't know how important your W/L ratio is, and after looking for another opponent (all of them with like max summoners and super good W/L records) chickened out.

Do I just plug forward and ignore the W/L ratio en route to my daily 4 arena wins goal?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That's what I did :)
  • Celina said:
    Claire is a bad lead. She's just a beefy unit. For low levels look for units that have leader skills that buff your health and attack. I ran with Ciara for a while until I hit 70+ and feeva was a lot better.
    ooo she's a bad lead? Should I pick one of the other five stars then? Ruby gives a boost to the blue shards that help you get your brave burst attack faster, and Rinon makes you immune to status ailments?  I don't seem to encounter many of those at all right now, maybe that's a big deal later on?

Right now my team is laughable so it probably isn't important...
  • So when I started Rare Summons were only 4 gems...now they cost 5.  Was that a one-time deal or should I be hording my gems for future sales like that?  Or since I'm so new and have so few creatures, should I not bother waiting and build up my squad now?
    edited July 2015
    It was a one time deal since I've been playing, so I wouldn't save.

Also - save your honor points until they do a super honor summon event, they've done it about twice now since I've started playing, but totally worth saving for.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's really uncommon for rare summons to be less than 5 gems, but they're giving away gems by the buttload lately.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    You say that, but I got a three star today. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hi, @Cadica! I posted a frontier hunter guide a couple of pages back. It'll be useful for main questing content as well. :) 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Thanks @Siam!  I read through it although I'm only lvl 40 and I am holding firm against spending money on it for now so my options to have a mitigator, healer, spark buffer, etc etc are very limited.  I have what I have and try to use it the best I can.  Eventually I guess I'll accumulate enough options to use.  Right now I just fuse everything I have into my main 5 stars that I got from the rare summons I had from the gems I got for clearing the first couple of areas.  I feel like there is a lot of potential there but right now I'm struggling because of limited abilities...it's pretty frustrating actually.  I know when I'm higher level and have more options it will work out but in the meantime...arg

Speaking of which, I really appreciated being told about getting the metals keys and using them to level quickly, however what do I do after I spent my hour grinding that metal parade?  What can I spend my energy on that will most effectively help my summoned creatures gain levels the fastest?  

When I grind regular world missions most of what I get gives very little exp and just increases the brave burst level, which can be nice but when your creature is level 16, it's not that helpful (also when you increase the bb level does it cost more blue crystals to fill up the meter? It seems like it takes ages to fill my meters now...).

So what I HAD been doing was spamming regular missions and farming creatures and using them to fuse but again, its not leveling them very quickly and just increasing their BB level.

So my next theory (after checking the wiki and looking through things) was to go to the vortex and hunt in the Cave of Desires for mimics.  I know I know they're used for evolving, but they actually have a nice base experience, are fairly reliably captured (compared with sometimes getting 1 or no captures from regular missions), and since the energy cost is half-off I can spam for 5 energy and get usually 5 of them, which is at least 5k exp, or 1k exp per energy spent.  That's the best I've come up with for now, but it still feels really really slow and inefficient.

So what can I do to spend my energy most effectively to level my units? After the metal key 60 minutes of glory, of course?
    Increasing BB doesn't make your BB cost more.

Fusing regular units is slow and tedious, but besides metal parade, there really isn't any options. Sounds like the Mimic thing is the best for you at the moment. 

At this point, I'd use the metal keys when you can, and just work through the quests, getting gems to summon more units (you get one gem for finishing each set of quests in an area). Level yourself up, so you can boost your cost and use the gems for more units.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    leveling up units becomes a lot easier once you hit the 70s-80s. I can instantly level up anything I get without much effort now. It's not hugely important to have max level units when you're in the low levels. Just farm for levels so you can expand your squad.
    In other news, I finished all the Six heros GGC yesterday and today so I got all those cool spheres to use. 

They're pretty sweet, usually buffing two stats by 30% and some other effect. It's fune

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    You level up too fast. I can't keep up. :(
    I'm hoping you're using those lexidas on maxed out anima selenas for that sweet, sweet es!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I still need to get to lvl 160 so I can get my next 7* - it's crazy

I don't have a Selena, I don't think I'm using the Lexida atm

I'm using all the others though

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm closing in on breaking 100. Excited to start bring able to have a good team again.
    Synkarin said:
    I still need to get to lvl 160 so I can get my next 7* - it's crazy

I don't have a Selena, I don't think I'm using the Lexida atm

I'm using all the others though
    It's the double hit count effect that counts, really! She has 92 drop checks iirc! Farm her when her dungeon comes out, Sidd!

#bringShikariback 

...I'm like level 9, the hell.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    Add us all up so you can use our leads for grinding! :)

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Add us all up so you can use our leads for grinding! :)
    NO I'M SO EMBARRASSED

Also it refuses to open on my phone since the iOs update, gg.

-