Brave Frontier Thread

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I got a 6 star Claire now (who is just beastly) and 5 star Ciara for her leadership bonus. Now I have to level up a bunch so I can have a full team again. :(
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    that was my problem for awhile too, and still is to an extent. I have 1 6*, 3 5* and a 4* on my team, and if I bump up to another 6* I'll have to drop people, so I've been working on getting units for my 4* to move up

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I may have gotten a package. Got one of the new things as an anima (blue dragon guy), as well as a lord ultor and a few other units.  Now just need the right dungeons so I can go and harvest all the crap I need to evolve them with.  And mebbe get a few unit expansions with quest gems as well.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Duel-GX has a great critical hit buff, Darvenshel has amazing damage mitigation in his SBB, Diana is a fantastic lead, and has a 7* form, Elimo is about to get an upgrade to 7*.

Aurelia is a different sort of mob. I'm not sure if you read how she works, but she basically builds into a supermob that requires another, specific mob to turn into her 6*. Said second mob is only found in a Vortex Dungeon that is no longer going on, but may come back in the future. She's probably worth holding onto, but I wouldn't use her for now.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @Celina: if you manage to 7* your Claire, there's a sphere now that really buffs her up, in the new achievement store.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

@Tarkenton:

Use Diana as lead. Use the ff as subs:

Kuhla - BB gen over time
    Orna - Crit+Elemental Imbue buff

Copra - Copra's a nice mitigator for boss fights, sadly the BB is pure mitigation only(replace with Aaron, Shera, Darvanshel, or Narza if you get them)

@Celina and @Sidd - for levelling I suggest spam-questing the most "difficult" dungeon that you have in the latest map you can access since all maps up to Agni has a x2 exp going on. I've been grinding on Agni's map myself! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

my current team is 5* Claire, 5* Elmedia, 5* Ciara, and 4* Narza. Ciara is the lead but I swap out Elmedia for uber tankyness when I need it.
    I finally caved and bought a bundle. Ended up with a 5* Feeva and a 4* Tridon. Both are badasssss
    I'm debating whether using 5 metal keys is worth the Mega Metal Parade vs 3 or 1 metal key for the normal one

I want the most bang for my buck

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I did and learned the 5 key dungeon requires 60 energy. :(
    I did five key, mostly because it's guaranteed god+. I also rigged my xp so that I'd level from it, this bring able to do it again. One god, nine crystals. Worth IMO.
    Narza's pretty decent for a mitigator.

You might also make sure you "favorite" your characters you use, so you don't accidently fuse them away.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2015
    Synkarin said:
    I'm debating whether using 5 metal keys is worth the Mega Metal Parade vs 3 or 1 metal key for the normal one

I want the most bang for my buck

The 5 metal keys is great because of the guaranteed god drops!

@Celina, I noticed your feeva lead. She's awesome.

Right now I'm trying to farm Aneil and Lucana for my collection but the rngsus isn't being kind. :( Currently doing Nevsky's dungeon. He's a nice free unit for those who didn't get mitigators from rare summons aaaaand we can always hope that he gets a 7 star treatment!

edit: Woo, I got an Anima Nevsky!

Anyway, here's a quick guide for the current vortex dungeon units. These aren't top-tier units but they do have their usability until you get better units from RS.

Aneil - 4 element imbue buff SBB - very useful for farming elemental weakness points for Frontier Hunter(which we tend to get once a month)

Lucana - she's a healer so if you're waiting for units like Rigness, Ulkana, Emeldia or Ivris she's a decent sub.

Nevsky - 40% damage mitigator(as opposed to the usual 50%) but his LS provides elemental weakeness and critical damage resistances.

Eru - He's a BB machine. :)

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I found this thread while browsing to decide which of my units to get rid of. If you don't know how good a unit is, you can probably browse the thread, find the group its from, and judge for yourself.
    So I got an Ultor recently and I have to say, Ultor and Diana are like the greatest combo ever. Ultor pulls all the attacks and Diana makes getting attacked build BB which just means Ultor is tanking like a boss.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in this game. :(
    6* master assassin is awesome. Combined with Diana, Ultor, and elmedia for heals, it's good times.
    Mine currently is Rigness for heals, Claire, Feeva as the leader, Ciara, and a crappy Aisha because I don't have enough room for a better character yet. Working well, everything just dies to BB spam.
  • Also what the shit! I had a pegasus that was a useless piece of shit that died in 2 hits. I come up against a pegasus and it wipes out my entire team and can tank more than anything else I've ever encountered! Really?
    Lern2tank nub.

Just kidding. Post who you have here and we'll help you throw a party together.
  • Fire God Vargas (5*) - Level 40/80 (fire) - costs 10
    Snow Cub Signas (4*) - Level 42/60 (water) - costs 12
    Earthly Il & Mina (4*) - Level 50/60 (earth) - costs 10
    Uda (4*) - Level 60/60 (thunder) - costs 13
    Mad Knight Narza (4*) - Level 60/60 (light) - costs 13
    Dark Keeper Iidor (4*) - Level 60/60 (dark) - costs 13

My squad can have a max cost of 59.

Narza is a keeper for sure. Vargas upgrades to 7*, keep him. Uda sees minor play here and there, the rest are meh.
  • What that isn't helpful. :( How do I get more guys?!
    Do missions, every place you complete gets a gem. Wait for rate up summon days, use gems to summon and hope. In the mean time, Merith, May and Claris are good units to use as healers that are farmable/drops.

Half energy vortex is awesome as well, using keys to level up from metal parade and getting good unit level up fodder is awesome. Jewel parade is great for farming some cash.
    Use the first few mobs I mentioned, and fill in with the rest as needed. Do the quests, keep fusing the fodder you get into Vargas. Every subsection of a map complete gives you a gem, five gem gives you a random rare summon. If you log in every day, once a week you also get a free gem.

On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, go to Capital>Summoners Hall Administration Office and hit RECEIVE KEY. You can use these keys in the Metal Parade in Vortex to gather fusion fodder, where more keys spent = better units to use away.

The more levels you gain, the more your party cost will rise, and you can put better units in your party. Sometimes it's not a bad idea not to evolve a party member if you don't think it'll fit in your party after it grows.

Every week has a standard schedule of when certain dungeons open in the Vortex. Right now they're half-off in energy cost, so spam the hell out of them. One day a week has elemental mobs (nymphs, spirits, idols, and pots) that you'll need to evolve your smaller guys, one day has totems (same thing but bigger and for bigger characters of higher levels), one day has mimics (evil treasure chests that you also use to evolve), and so on. The Monday dungeon will be especially useful, as it gives you (kind of) large amounts of experience and karma, so you should spam those and level up.

The following are the most important parts:

If you ever get a "burst frog" or a "sphere frog", don't use it. Hold onto them, they're semi rare.

Don't use your honour points for summons. Once a month or so, they make it to where battles with friends give you 80 points. Spam small quests and pump up your honour, then after a short while, they'll make the summons give you fuse fodder and the aforementioned frogs.

Pump your karma into your village in the upgrade node. Synthesis>spheres>everything else.

Every now and then, we'll get special quests in the Vortex, about certain characters. Usually these are pretty tough, but completing them gives you special rewards, and even a chance to win that character. Each of the starter characters (like Vargas) can be improved up to 7*, and each one has a sphere that -anyone- can use, but if they use their special sphere, it unlocks stuff for them at 7*. Don't worry about this for now, just try to keep Vargas as high a level as possible. He's a pretty heavy hitter.
    Ah man, 

I tried getting an Earth Mecha God (to evolve my Quaid to 7*) and the dude's AOE attack kills half my team (including my Elimo healer) in one round. 

I guess that answers my question about whether it's better to go to 7* or bring rest of my team to 6*

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Bring them all to 6 now. Mechas kick my ass half the time, even using mostly 7s.
  • A damage mitigator (Darvanshel, Narza or Shera) would be great when tackling mecha gods. 
  • edited June 2015
    Apparently this game is 10x more shit on patch day than WoW ever was.
    Luckily it sounds like it happens a few times a year... but seriously.

Also they have a serious cross platform issue with gems. My iPhone says I have 4 but my Samsung says 2. Not very convinced with the craftsmanship of this game.
    Woo, bonus time! Spam those quests, build up your honour points!