No-Stat Race System

Comments

• I changed some of the abilities around slightly. That list isn't entirely accurate.

For the common skills, they're all at 0% virtuoso and are:

• Veteran (Combat): Health 1/4
    • Endurance (Discipline): Health 1/4
    • Analytics (Discernment): Mana 1/4
    • Contemplation (Low Magic): Mana 1/4
    • Philosophy (High Magic): Mana 1/4
    • Histrionics (Dramatics): Ego 1/4
    • Magnetism (Influence): Ego 1/4
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Endurance isn't showing up on my bodyscan. Neither is flex.
  • I saved up credits in advance for the new demi+ perk artifact, but I find myself not so interested in it now that the races have been released. I feel like it is worth it for certain races, but not for others (including the race that I am currently). I'm just wondering if others have thoughts on this. Are you going to get the demi+ perk artifact? Is it something you feel is important to get soon, or just a luxury, and does it depend on the race you are pursuing?
  • Kalliste said:
    I saved up credits in advance for the new demi+ perk artifact, but I find myself not so interested in it now that the races have been released. I feel like it is worth it for certain races, but not for others (including the race that I am currently). I'm just wondering if others have thoughts on this. Are you going to get the demi+ perk artifact? Is it something you feel is important to get soon, or just a luxury, and does it depend on the race you are pursuing?

Most definitely not worth 1000 credits, I'll say that much. For 1000 credits, i'd expect my race better to do something outstanding
  • edited June 2015
    Not to sound demanding, but could we have a new command for our races called (perhaps) RACE PERKS, Which will list all the perks our race can have and the ones we have activated (either by level or artifact)?
  • Kalliste said:
    I saved up credits in advance for the new demi+ perk artifact, but I find myself not so interested in it now that the races have been released. I feel like it is worth it for certain races, but not for others (including the race that I am currently). I'm just wondering if others have thoughts on this. Are you going to get the demi+ perk artifact? Is it something you feel is important to get soon, or just a luxury, and does it depend on the race you are pursuing?
    I'm a Lucidian, so my tier5 perk is one of the strongest, potentially OP ones. Unfortunately, I'm not getting it any time soon. 1000cr is too much for my budget.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I went Kephera. Most definitely worth the 1000 credits. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    They are definitely worth it, but I'd rather some of the race powers work as advertised first, like igasho carry and aslaran pursuit.

And if you're unhappy with your demi power, there is always the reincarnation + racehat option.

Give us unlimited reincarnations for a few days please.
  • Thanks for the responses. Yes, I suppose I could see the artifact being worthwhile if I were Kephera or Lucidian, and maybe Aslaran and a couple of others, but only for certain guilds. Yes, I also have my reincarnation and the necessary resources for a racehat... but I find I can't make up my mind about what to switch to.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    For some of the abilities?  Absolutely worth.  Are some extremely situational?  Yep.  Am I going to enjoy changeling into lots of different things and trying it all out?  Mmhmm.  Going to have to see if I can get a hunt going later to see how ridiculous fink gunning is.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2015
    I have more ego than health right now and it is freaking me the heck out.

Edit: Did I get a refund for the deleted Shrink power?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm probably going to switch away from Elfen and just roleplay the different race, I might by a race hat. I have about a thousand credits banked and have drawn several IC sources of credits for years, I just don't think it's worth paying out 1000 credits. My reasoning isn't based on being unable to purchase the artifacts and wanting to restrict others who can drop 1000 credits from getting them. I am one of those people who could reasonably drop 1000 credits (though it would wipe me out), even without chunking out cash.

It is my position that any combat ability legitimately worth 1000 credits on its own is an overpowered ability. Many of the demigod+ powers are not worth that 1000 credit cost. They have decent use or utility, but are too niche or limited to warrant the pricetag. However, I don't think that these should be punched up to ridiculous levels to 'justify' the cost. Instead, the few outliers should be brought into league with the moderate powers and the price should  be changed to reflect the updated abilities.

While people certainly will pay 1000 credits for their Lucidian, Igasho, or Aslaran powers, these artifacts would be more widely purchased , if the cost were at least half that, at 500 credits. This is a better cost for the benefits most of the races confer at this tier, and is a more appropriate price-to-power-point at which to aim when buffing those racial abilities that are lacking.  I would certainly feel more comfortable paying for and balancing around powers of that cost and level. There are about three races that need punching up and three that need fixes to reign in overpowered abilities, by my quick reckoning. Doing so could easily make the benefits all be worth about as much: 500 credits.
  • Kalliste said:
    Probably should have been a different thread.

I believe I would get more out of the cameo upgrade than the demi+ 'upgrade' artifact. The combine cost of the other introduced artifacts is higher then the artifacts replaced and at least some of those purchases will be before the demi+ one. The demi powers are not out and there's a reasonable chance that the replacement powers might be even more expensive, meaning I'll need to hold off all but small artifacts for about a week to see what the fallout in demipowers winds up being.
  • Actually we released last night, a couple have bugs that have been reported that will be addressed ASAP, and I believe one is needing to be re-implimented, but the Demi tier is certainly out.
  • edited June 2015
    Baelor said:
    Actually we released last night, a couple have bugs that have been reported that will be addressed ASAP, and I believe one is needing to be re-implimented, but the Demi tier is certainly out.
    Honestly, I apologize. You guys have been kicking stuff off so fast and I should have thought to check. I might not always agree with the direction, but I greatly appreciate all the work and effort. The additional efforts on the boards has been pretty freaking amazing.

@Subotai can you make up some Overhaul Ale ingame? For those long hauls and send out some kegs?

I did mean demi powers and not demi/demi+ racial abilities. But I'll bug someone in game to see if they're active.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Honestly, the fact that the replacement artifacts are more expensive than the stuff they replaced bothers me a bit too; it makes the statement (whether or not this is intentional, I don't know) that they want a few extra dollars from established players to participate in the new system, while also driving the price of participation up for everyone else.  Then the way that the new damage resistance / enhancement artifacts were introduced is just a major headache, to me at least.  2700 credits to buy a set of the damage resistance artifacts; that's the most expensive artifact in the game, but because it is split up into damage types as "separate artifacts" it's felt to be okay.

It just irks me, I guess.  It could've been implemented better, in my opinion.
  • We are going off topic on this, I do recommend creating a thread to discuss overhaul artifacts elsewhere for those who wish to continue that discussion.

On topic, we're currently converting all the racial help files. Over half have been done and the rest should be finished shortly, let me know if you spot any typos and I'll quickly fix them!
  • The perks basically make it so one would only play a Faeling in Serenwilde for RP reasons...but why? We've faelings running around smiling and I thought Serenwilde was very near to the fae in lore...but not only is there no perk for guild specs, but the demi One With Nature doesn't work in Ethereal forests...I mean I suppose you could say there's the benefit fighting in Wyrden forest, but this seems to odd to me - why are Faelings more Glom than Wilde by nature, even before guild spec? Is there something in the lore that I'm missing?
  • That's actually a throwback to the old system, where Faeling only had stat changes for being in Glomdoring guilds, and Elfen in Serenwilde ones. Each organisation has a specific race, which manifests itself in multiple mechanics in the game's system.

There is a perk for all org related races that functions regardless of where you choose to play.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Steingrim said:

@Subotai can you make up some Overhaul Ale ingame? For those long hauls and send out some kegs?

Wha?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @Baelor:

Would it be possible to rename the Demigod+ for Orclach? No offense, but I think non-Magnagoran orclach wouldn't be thought of too kindly in an rp sense.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    @Baelor:

Would it be possible to rename the Demigod+ for Orclach? No offense, but I think non-Magnagoran orclach wouldn't be thought of too kindly in an rp sense.

It's not related to Magnagora as such, but goes back to the Elder Wars books, the trait is a very low scale version of the power of consumption Orlachmar gained after being healed* with Fain's elixir. The use of the word gift can be taken either literally or ironically, like getting an itchy home made jumper for Christmas.

They never asked for this, nor is it necessarily something an individual Orclach may choose to embrace.

*For better or worse, interpretation is up to the individual.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just don't want some trigger-happy rp'er to take it the wrong way.
  • So after getting feedback and such on rough damage, effects etc, I have some requests to consider for the near future:

- Make kephera demi+ power general damage. Physical damage is usually low and -does not scale- like magic does. So physical damage effect is far weaker and far far less useful as a demi+ power.  Would not spend 1000 credits on that. Unless this worked with genderbend (which I assume not), this needs to be shared.

- Lucidian may be more tolerable than expected, as there is somewhat a limit. This will take more review and demonstration.

- How does the tae'dae, mugwump, etc influence perks compare to the illi demi+?  Are they comparable or generally weaker?

- Agreed regen is kind of meh. Also agree lobo regen should be far earlier and give the regens later or something. 

- I will wait for an artifact topic before really going into arty things.

I wanna see the death message (first, second, and third person, as well as deathsight) for tae'dae squish.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Sedanas's ribs shatter under the monumental force of the hug, shards of bone piercing his skin and jutting out. With a 
    bloody exhalation, he sputters out his last breath.

Tarkenton runs up to you and squeezes you in a painful, bone-crushing bearhug. Your ribs shatter 
    under the momental force of the hug, shards of your bones piercing vital organs irrevocably. With a bloody exhalation, 
    you sputter out your last breath. 

Did it in the arena, so don't have the deathsight or a third person.
  • edited June 2015
    Tarkenton said:
    Sedanas's ribs shatter under the monumental force of the hug, shards of bone piercing his skin and jutting out. With a 
    bloody exhalation, he sputters out his last breath.

Tarkenton runs up to you and squeezes you in a painful, bone-crushing bearhug. Your ribs shatter 
    under the momental force of the hug, shards of your bones piercing vital organs irrevocably. With a bloody exhalation, 
    you sputter out your last breath. 

Did it in the arena, so don't have the deathsight or a third person.
    How much damage does the bearhug do, and what is the balance time? Also, how does it compare to the whip for denizens?
  • edited June 2015
    I agree that a lot of the demi+ powers aren't worth a 1kcr artifact, to the point that the ones which are are outliers and were, I think, generally identified as problematic abilities for PK prior to implementation. The exception might be some of the bashing or influencing ones, although @Lerad's testing of Illithoid leads me to think it's not worth it there either. I'm not enough of a bashing/influencing fanatic to comment on their usefulness.

I admit to temptation to pick it up for Dracnari firebreath. The forests shall burn!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited June 2015
    @Baelor Can the fink level 50 perk be clarified better?

Firstly, it's not 'all performances in Dramatics'. You said earlier that doesn't affect perform sober or perform drunk. I am also uncertain as to whether it affects perform diplomat, which doesn't affect one of the five main influence battles, but does affect amnesty influence battles.

Secondly, more than one person has indicated to me that they would like to be a fink, because they are under the impression that not only will the perk make them better at influencing, it will make them better at debating. I know the debating attitudes are not actually performances, put if people are misunderstanding this, I feel it should be made more clear.

EDIT: Thois sounds kind of demanding. I add pleases and thank you to all of the above. <3@Baelor

• Debating attitudes are attitudes, not performances. Perform drunk and perform sober have no mechanical bonus to influencing.

In short, it works like etiquette in dramatics.

There should be nothing in the game that gives you any mechanical edge in debating, save for skills increasing the size of your ego pool.
  • Why the hell can Dracnari breathe fire at level 1, but trill and faelings have to wait til level 25 to fly?