No-Stat Race System

Comments

• Killing Zenobia has been done before. The only reason she's still up is because the Illithoid "friendly" orgs aren't friendly with each other enough to cooperate.

And, of course, that the quest is bugged as Xenthos says.

• Pejat said:
    @Arcanis ' suggestions regarding gnomes has given me some thought. I am very good with their Lv1, Lv25, Demi, and Demi+ perks, but I have concerns about their Lv50 perk.

Comparing gnomes to finks, +village influence is far far more limited in use than the +performance perk. It feels like there are no significant day to day bonuses to being a gnome, thus people who do pick up gnome are more often than not just changeling into them during revolts and when that specific person is called upon to pilot/empath. As soon as the aetherhunt is over they are jumping out of gnome. Meanwhile, I am content to be a fink forever more.

Beyond that, it seems odd that a race is being given +village influence considering how vocal the attempt to make debates be as equalized as possible. If finks were given faster Aethercraft Bombardments, it would make me uncomfortable. Just as gnomes having faster village influence is making me uncomfortable now.

I am definitely in support of the gnome's Lv50 perk being faster eq/bal with trade skills. I feel like that would be an artifact race that people many people would be interested in. It would also bring village/debate conflicts to being more equalized.
    You seem to be saying, it says 'village' on paper and since that could in some situation be unbalanced, it therefore is unbalanced. Just because some numerical advantage is coded in doesn't mean it'll have any significant impact (see 1% regen buffs, how many times do you think that'll actually have any impact)?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's not like the hive queen buff for Zenobia being up is a big deal either way. So far my hive consists of myself and myself. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I really, really want to make a queen bee comment at this point. But brain is failing at being witty.
  • @Steingrim I do not think a lv2 equivalent influencing buff to villages is wildly unbalancing. It just seems out of place with how strongly even small debate buffs were avoided.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Arix said:
    Why the hell can Dracnari breathe fire at level 1, but trill and faelings have to wait til level 25 to fly?
    bump
  • - Flight is more powerful than a free tinderbox.
  • That last one sounds about right
  • Baelor said:

races are already having natural innates they had at character creation pushed up to 25, which works as they just come out of Newton and such traits start to have some function.

Truthfully level 1-24 players don't need flight, new players will be busy exploring Newton and veteran players will hit 25 so quickly they'll not notice it missing.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Nikka had tiny little fink matriarch bat wings until I could afford the goop ones. Er, I mean, until they grew large enough to fly. I had them grow slowly over time, even rp'ed wondering if they would ever grow big enough to fly.

• Pejat said:
    @Steingrim I do not think a lv2 equivalent influencing buff to villages is wildly unbalancing. It just seems out of place with how strongly even small debate buffs were avoided.
    I think I'm missing something. Why do you continue to bring up debates in the context of village buffs? I'm assuming you believe that there was some intent to make village influencing exactly the same across the board? Debating was very unbalanced, this doesn't mean that a bit of uneveness (especially when any org can match that ability exactly) makes for the same problem.

I am still a bit unsure if what you're saying is you think the village ability given to gnomes is OP?

• To hopefully clarify things, "I do not think a lv2 equivalent influencing buff to villages is wildly unbalancing." could be read as "I do not think [the village ability] is [OP]."

The reason I keep bringing up debating in context with village influencing, is because I have always considered them one and the same. I am realizing now that not everyone has that connection in mind. I debate people in revolts. When I debate people outside of revolts it is with citymates to practice for revolts. When someone debates me in the wild, I have only thought of it as practice for revolts. I don't really see any other reasonable context for debates.

These clarifications are falling off topic, but I do want to answer you. If you have any further questions go ahead and contact me privately.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    It's a really, really cool unique power. No other race has a boost to village influencing. Gives them a boost during revolts that no other race has, and seems rather desirable. It's also very corner case, as, 99% of the time, you're not actually in a revolt. It would probably seem a lot better if the gnome demipower wasn't also restricted to something very specific. Makes gnomes feel very like, hey we're really good at this specilised stuff, but kinda meh elsewhere.

Finks originally had the same level 50 as gnomes. I complained a lot and it got changed. Though, I wanted it to move away from influencing, not to a power that benefits all influencing. I'm appreciating the dramatics boost a lot more than I expected I would, though.

Completely unrealted, the more I think about the Intaglio, the more I think it would be cool if wearing it made you appear just as a changeling, with no other race shown. It removes the ability to see what race you really are...but...we have hats. So. It's easy to hide true race for a lot cheaper than a 2000 credit artifact.

• Qistrel said:

Completely unrealted, the more I think about the Intaglio, the more I think it would be cool if wearing it made you appear just as a changeling, with no other race shown. It removes the ability to see what race you really are...but...we have hats. So. It's easy to hide true race for a lot cheaper than a 2000 credit artifact.

Would be rather funny if Changeling itself has a set of perks. Enter the Changeling race RP.
  • What, you can't do changeling race RP without a perk?
    They already have the best perk! To have the perks of any race they want!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Sadly, I can't find a 2/10 health blessing anywhere, heh. And I know I won't. But running around with 11k health as a monk is nice. Now I just need to start working on mana and ego.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Does anyone else feel like Talan's list was completely truthful?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited June 2015
    Oops wrong thread.

Just finished writing a guild scroll about all the new race stuff, and...looking at all the races, I don't know why I'm playing fink anymore. I don't even get the aetherspace buffs anymore to help me get into space hunts to get to demi faster. And I already paid 500 credits for my race, I can't afford another 1000 to get the power back.

Hunting sucks now. Influencing is meh because I have no lessons to put into it. Fink used to be fun.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    On the fink/gnome/aetherspace thing:

Why did the aetherspace boost get put at demi instead of someplace lower? It seems to me that it would be a lot more useful if it came earlier so it could be used for faster leveling. On that note, if there is a concern about fink/gnome not being worth buying an XP boost to aetherhunting would be a good thing to tack on to their aetherspace abilities. Keeps the theme while giving them more of a niche for people who hate grinding essence.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If the pendant is lowered to 500 credits (a good idea), finks and gnomes could be made to automatically benefit as if they had the pendant while in gnome or fink race - having already paid the 500 credits.
  • Enyalida said:
    If the pendant is lowered to 500 credits (a good idea), finks and gnomes could be made to automatically benefit as if they had the pendant while in gnome or fink race - having already paid the 500 credits.
    This I can agree with.
    OMG I'm agreeing with Arcanis.

• Qistrel said:
    OMG I'm agreeing with Arcanis.
    I'm trying to get the most DISagrees damnit! ><
    Well, hunting isn't quite as bad as other people were saying it was. So there's that.

Also, question, does the viscanti breath power work not work on denizens unless you have the Pendant?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It should work on denizens. The pendant power increases the chance for it to fire (but just on denizens).
    I thought so too, but in the help file, for the deimpower it specifically says 'attacking other players' and the pendant power says 'Poison gas now has a 10% chance to trigger on all attacks against denizens.'

I want to make sure, because I've said in the ninjas ghelp races that the demipower works for hunting. And now I'm not sure that's the case.

• That is incorrect.

The pendant allows it to work on denizens, and at an increased chance than it does vs players.