No-Stat Race System

Comments

• Could we at some point get a help file for the Ceremonies skill in Cosmic?
  • Sure!

COSMIC - CEREMONIES

Mana boost: 5
    Mana level cap: 10

Your knowledge of ritual and ceremonies has gifted you with an increased mental capacity.

NOTE:  Read HELP VITALS for information on how increases to health, mana, and ego work.

Mana boost: 5/10 also worked but seemed more likely to construe...........

Scroll also not yet made to my knowledge.
  • I've begun testing the races more in-depth (slowly, since I don't have an intaglio), and found a couple of things that need addressing. I've already messaged @Baelor to look into these, but figured records would help the general populace:

• Dracnari, Viscanti, Tae'dae and probably Taurian damage procs have not had their damage scaled up to the 16-level stat baseline before being converted to the current system. This results in them all being fairly weak as sources of extra damage - especially when they were initially thought to be roughly equivalent to a standard staffcast.
    • Taurian Enrage checks for equilibrium and arm balance before it procs - meaning it will never proc for anyone as casters always consume equilibrium for combat and bashing, and melee fighters use arm balances for the same reason.
    • Taurian damage is unclear on where the modifier stems from - weapon stats, or personal strengths. Will I cause the same damage wielding a broadsword (damage-type 1H sword) over a rapier (speed-type 1H sword)? Or does it matter more to have damage enhancements rather than different weapon types?
    • Dracnari demi+ ability to BREATHE FIRE WEST currently does not work. It requests a target to breathe at, and that's not supposed to do that.
    • Viscanti demi+ ability to BREATHE POISON needs this better spelled out on the HELP file.
    • Tae'dae demi ability to BEARHUG to cause collapsedlungs has already raised issues and concerns - probably better to just altogether switch the affliction out, or disable it until the Physical Aff OH is done.
    • I forgot to test if Viscanti or Dracnari breaths are afflicting correctly on adventurers, so I'll test those again sometime.
    More to come!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited June 2015
    So it seems you can swing chains at stuff. So taurian demi power actually works for monks. Hmm. This changes stuff.

EDIT: Damage seems really tiny though, doesn't even kill a young rat in one hit.

• The Dracnari/Viscanti/Tae'dae damages have been discussed with Roark and are in the process of being increased.

Speaking of Dracnari, their help file was updated last night with the correct syntax, I'll double check the Viscanti syntax.

I'll pass on the issue regarding the Taurian enrage, it should be a free action that doesn't require or consume arm balance, it should work as any other swing though, normal calculations should apply.
  • If nothing else I did notice taurian's enrage does proc a warrior aff if the random limb it strikes has enough wounds. That in itself is major if you've made any light to moderate headway on a foe.
    edited June 2015
    Hrm, on players, swing jakari seems to do as much damage/wound as a single out-of-form jakari hit. Not too bad. Just can't be directed where you want.

I'm sad they took weapon stats off athames, would have been fun to see a taurian wiccan enraging to stab people with their athame. I think the concern was you could envenom them.

• New tae'dae bearhug combos are already being made. Princessfarewell spam + Bearhug ftw?

I admit I am slightly irked that Tae'dae got a cool capability that in itself can turn into an instant-kill, in comparison to other races like, say, Gnomes (dog with a bone on this one)?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    For the record, the envoys are currently pressing the admin to change bearhug to an affliction that does not impact aeon curing. 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    For the record, the envoys are currently pressing the admin to change bearhug to an affliction that does not impact aeon curing. 
    This could all have been avoided if aeon hadn't been changed to a smoked cure. I'm still unsure what necessitated that particular change to the affliction, but it's been causing annoyance after annoyance.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:
    This could all have been avoided if aeon hadn't been changed to a smoked cure. I'm still unsure what necessitated that particular change to the affliction, but it's been causing annoyance after annoyance.
    I used to think that until I went viscanti and got passive asthma. Now it seems toats legit.  :^o
    Things like this are bound to come up but the admin are pretty responsive on these issues so I'm not in panic mode yet.

Honestly, even some tiny holdover from the fink/gnome 19 stat thing would make me feel a lot better about the race. They had fun stats. Finks could use kata weapons with high dex, gnomes could point staff with huge int. People tell me it was an illusion, but I enjoyed it, even though I knew having 22 dex didn't really do that much.

@Baelor is there really no way to give the fink and gnome demipowers a small thematic effect that helps hunting? Even if it's finks get 1% extra crits, and gnomes heal 5% more from elixirs.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    Honestly, even some tiny holdover from the fink/gnome 19 stat thing would make me feel a lot better about the race. They had fun stats. Finks could use kata weapons with high dex, gnomes could point staff with huge int. People tell me it was an illusion, but I enjoyed it, even though I knew having 22 dex didn't really do that much.

@Baelor is there really no way to give the fink and gnome demipowers a small thematic effect that helps hunting? Even if it's finks get 1% extra crits, and gnomes heal 5% more from elixirs.

Lucidian used to get some pretty good int to go with their high constitution as a specced mage/researcher. My brain failing what it was, I'm pretty sure I easily got 18 unbuffed int as a lucidian aero with higher con than a gnome. True... weak to fire was meh... but the stats made up for it. Do I get a buff to my bashing/dps because I used to be able to nuke everything/solo Muud/be a walking tank despite also being a walking cannon? No. Do you see me complaining about the fact that I lost that? No. My main complaint was and probably will always be the fact that the lucidian demipower is a bit meh... and the demi+ power appears balanced around it, as such anyone without the demi+ artifact is getting the short end of the stick... but that's me. I'm most certainly not saying lucidian need extra buffs on top of what they have.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited June 2015
    The difference is, you didn't buy lucidian.

And besides, you actually do have a boost to your damage at level 50.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2015
    Fink/Gnome is now the Lusternia version of vegan and crossfit

"Hey bro - I'm a fink and I bought it for the roxxor statz"

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I don't really understand this argument. You're acknowledging the super high dex was meaningless, but you want more perks because of it?

You're still a limited availability race with a unique niche. You're still a special little snowflake. Move on. 
  • edited June 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Qistrel said:

Baelor is there really no way to give the fink and gnome demipowers a small thematic effect that helps hunting? Even if it's finks get 1% extra crits, and gnomes heal 5% more from elixirs.

Lucidian used to get some pretty good int to go with their high constitution as a specced mage/researcher. My brain failing what it was, I'm pretty sure I easily got 18 unbuffed int as a lucidian aero with higher con than a gnome. True... weak to fire was meh... but the stats made up for it. Do I get a buff to my bashing/dps because I used to be able to nuke everything/solo Muud/be a walking tank despite also being a walking cannon? No. Do you see me complaining about the fact that I lost that? No. My main complaint was and probably will always be the fact that the lucidian demipower is a bit meh... and the demi+ power appears balanced around it, as such anyone without the demi+ artifact is getting the short end of the stick... but that's me. I'm most certainly not saying lucidian need extra buffs on top of what they have.

As a Lucidian you had base 14 Con and base 17 int. You came with a weakness to blunt damage (good luck with that and 10 dexterity) and then double weak to fire. No, this doesnt compare to Gnome's base 19 int, 18 dex and 12 con and charisma.

Im pretty sure as im sure everyone else is, that the fact you 'nuked' everything wasnt because you were lucidian, it was because you are an Ascendant and have purchased many damage enhancing artifacts to (and I quote you once saying): "Get as high crazy damage as Munsia has". Im pretty sure you're 'soloing Muud" with your Ascendant perks, and -not- because you're a lucidian. No, you were not a walking tank, to say that is laughable and basically makes you look uninformed of what a tank even is.

Additionally, as Qistrel said, you didnt 'pay' for Lucidian. Perhaps you paid for perks to increase your damage and it was what you paid for ori...wait, you got a refund for those didnt you? Well gnome and finks did not and got stiffed.

Celina said:
    I don't really understand this argument. You're acknowledging the super high dex was meaningless, but you want more perks because of it?

You're still a limited availability race with a unique niche. You're still a special little snowflake. Move on. 

The fact always mentioned that "stats over 19 start to have decreasing value" does not qualify as an explanation for why fink and gnomes should not feel robbed. To purchase and have the 'max' intelligence and 'max' dexterity values that would enhance your combat, without decreasing values, is itself a worthy purchase. How many times have people complained over warbling trill with 24 Cha and the capability they gain? Having more than 19 Int -does- increase your damage, but the fact it gives a decreasing amount seems to be the debate of why gnomes should be stiffed...

The fact of the matter is, not only are gnome and fink players having their purchased completely altered, they are getting a lousy replacement for it. I cant believe Elanorwen is complaining that "Lucidian's got the short end of the stick with their demipower". I would trade that for gnome demi any day. Gaining free power is a dream for some and is certainly -not- a short end of a damn stick.
  • Several high stat races have lost advantages, Faeling and Trill influencers, high strength/dex/int races have their damage lowered.

We're not compensating this as it would go against the exact reason we took them out, while at the same time we've also addressed class drawbacks for those stat unbalanced races.

While we're sure people are still unused to the new feel of things, in the long run players will adapt (and we'll always look to address individual abilities that are underperforming because of this, through the envoy system) and the game will be better off for it.
  • As a reminder, if you purchased the gnome/fink artifacts before the changes to race and are unhappy with the changes that have been made, please email sales@lusternia.com to discuss getting a refund.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think her point is that she's basically paid 500 credits for rp.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Arcanis said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Qistrel said:

Baelor is there really no way to give the fink and gnome demipowers a small thematic effect that helps hunting? Even if it's finks get 1% extra crits, and gnomes heal 5% more from elixirs.

As a Lucidian you had base 14 Con and base 17 int. You came with a weakness to blunt damage (good luck with that and 10 dexterity) and then double weak to fire. No, this doesnt compare to Gnome's base 19 int, 18 dex and 12 con and charisma.

Im pretty sure as im sure everyone else is, that the fact you 'nuked' everything wasnt because you were lucidian, it was because you are an Ascendant and have purchased many damage enhancing artifacts to (and I quote you once saying): "Get as high crazy damage as Munsia has". Im pretty sure you're 'soloing Muud" with your Ascendant perks, and -not- because you're a lucidian. No, you were not a walking tank, to say that is laughable and basically makes you look uninformed of what a tank even is.

Additionally, as Qistrel said, you didnt 'pay' for Lucidian. Perhaps you paid for perks to increase your damage and it was what you paid for ori...wait, you got a refund for those didnt you? Well gnome and finks did not and got stiffed.

Celina said:

The fact always mentioned that "stats over 19 start to have decreasing value" does not qualify as an explanation for why fink and gnomes should not feel robbed. To purchase and have the 'max' intelligence and 'max' dexterity values that would enhance your combat, without decreasing values, is itself a worthy purchase. How many times have people complained over warbling trill with 24 Cha and the capability they gain? Having more than 19 Int -does- increase your damage, but the fact it gives a decreasing amount seems to be the debate of why gnomes should be stiffed...

The fact of the matter is, not only are gnome and fink players having their purchased completely altered, they are getting a lousy replacement for it. I cant believe Elanorwen is complaining that "Lucidian's got the short end of the stick with their demipower". I would trade that for gnome demi any day. Gaining free power is a dream for some and is certainly -not- a short end of a damn stick.
    You weren't "stiffed." That is a fabricated complaint. You don't want what you got, which is entirely different. Charisma did not suffer from the same diminished returns like int and str did, which harshly diminish after 18 and not 19, for the record. You don't even know what you're complaining about, which just makes it all the more absurd.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Viynain said:
    You suddenly blast off, tumbling into where you hope to be a place of safety.
    Pool of Stars.
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. An enormously wide circular pool, as 
    dark as the night sky, glitters softly under the luminous sky. There are 40 archons of Eternal Light 
    here. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. An imposing sword of radiant white 
    metal has been driven deep into the ground in a silent statement of intent. A golden retriever is 
    here, panting quietly to himself.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

There's your problem.  You didn't look before you leaped!
  • *flail*

• The Mists of Nil.
    A palpable, seething hunger - endless, terrible, and awesome to behold - distorts the air in a gibbous miasma, heralding a war shrine of Morgfyre nearby.
    You see exits leading north, west, and northwest.
    [ (v4593) @ the Land of the Demon Lords ]
    8380h, 9895m, 9390e, 10p, 26639en, 26660w BesSilrxkb<>- (XBHSPFAlspr) {55.2796}
    manifest dispersal 1
    You use 500 of your divine essence.
    Throwing your hands into the air you disperse your essence into the winds, great technicoloured splotches flying in every direction before you dissipate completely.
    Before the Megalith of Doom.
    A palpable, seething hunger - endless, terrible, and awesome to behold - distorts the air in a gibbous miasma, heralding a war shrine of Morgfyre nearby. Rising up from cracks in the floor, the Megalith of Doom towers above everything here, polluting the air with its foul fumes. There are 30 illithoid reavers here. There are 12 wights here. The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. There are 2 sensuous fiends here. A black-skinned imp squats here, long tail twitching. Thesia Cylys, the white tiger prowls here quietly. Grizzly Munsia D'Cente, The Sharp Fanged is here, shrouded. She wields the Extermination Cipher in her left hand and a vernal hammer in her right.
    You see exits leading southeast and southwest.
    An illithoid reaver bows respectfully to you.
    [ (v4607) @ the Land of the Demon Lords ]
  • Viynain said:
     Also, Ejection should probably not land you in an smob/nexus room unless Shadowdance Flight/Chaos Dispersal also function that way. 

At first I saw "Shadowdancer Fight Club."

Can that be a thing?
  • I will be happy to oversee any non-non-existant fight clubs that totally won't happen in the Shadowdancers. #FirstRule
  • @Viynain That wasn't actually intended to happen, it should function the same way as SD Flight.
    edited June 2015
    @Baelor Is One With Nature supposed to work in tainted river/sea/beach, etc? It doesn't work in tainted wasteland (because that's the base taint terrain?), but seems to in every other tainted natural environ.

EDIT: And same for burning...hrm. I suppose it works in any demense that's natural/over a natural area. Just not wasteland.

• Some natural areas are considered burning. There's a point where the thematic clashes with the mechanics and some smaller sights have to be overlooked.

OWN already has two terrain effects that cancel each other out, allowing third parties to do so outside of their demense controlled areas would be too much.