No-Stat Race System

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Reading back on the comments over the evening. Bearhug needs a tooltip change in the HELP file, it's actually blunt/asphyx last I checked.

The code for Bearhug (as well as Dracnari and Viscanti breath attacks) was designed to be equal to base damage staff casts, since we then secretly gave everyone 16 intellect, their staff cast damage has gone up, which puts these somewhat behind. It's very likely they'll be adjusted in the coming week to deal more damage.

All influence bonuses go off the same modifier, which will not increase the speed of the ego attack, but will up their damage. The bonuses are comparable to the old racial level 2 to influencing.

Physical damage is going to increase as we get through the combat overhaul, don't expect this to remain low, denizen physical damage is also quite comparable. We didn't want to give a race free forcefield without burnout, and keep the gender variation between males and females.

Regen is being looked at, currently my focus is updating all the help and AB files and fixing bugs in the new system, then it'll be my main attention.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Baelor said:
    Perform drunk and perform sober have no mechanical bonus to influencing.
    At the moment, nowhere in the perk does it mention this is only for influencing. And therefore it could easily be misconstrued as to this affecting skills that actually have nothing to do with influencing.

• Qistrel said:
    Baelor said:
    Perform drunk and perform sober have no mechanical bonus to influencing.
    At the moment, nowhere in the perk does it mention this is only for influencing. And therefore it could easily be misconstrued as to this affecting skills that actually have nothing to do with influencing.

I'll relook at the help file and clarify, but if people are misunderstanding it to work with things that aren't performances, such as attitudes, that's an error on their part.
    Thank you!

Another question: does the female keph power affect the magical damage type only, or is it everything that isn't physical? I may be tempted to have Qistrel go back to kephera. She used to have this cool gone-upworld-native RP where she rejected all kepheran culture and got tattoos that made her look like a ladybug.

• By magical, it means all non-physical. So fire/cold/psychic etc.

There is an understandable confusion between magic damage and magical damage, hopefully there is consistency in the writing to differentiate between the two. Though that's an extremely low priority issue.
    Thanks, just double checking I was understanding it right. Thanks again. We love you @Baelor.

• I'm almost entirely certain that Supercharged isn't charging per IG hour in daylight...
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • You need to also be outdoors, easiest way to check is if you can fly where you are, you're outside.

If it's still an issue, please BUG it.
    Was One With Nature reduced to 4/10 all around? Or is it a bug, still intended to be 6/10?

• edited June 2015
    I'd just like to reiterate my concern with Gnome perks and some general suggestion. These are the current perks:

Level 1: 2/4 poison resistance
    Level 25: 2/4 Electrical resistance
    Level 50: Increase village ego attacks < -- admittedly this is kind of cool, but so situational...
    Demigod: Reduced EQ cost on chair and empath. < -- Aethercraft isnt all that common, but I suppose it isnt bad, but frankly not worth Demigod perk.
    Demigod+: Reduced powercost on chair, increased healing of hull and modules.

Admittedly, this would seem like a pretty good setup...if aetherspace was as much an important deal. As much as people would debate "but aetherhunting OP", you dont really need the faster EQ costs or increased healing in Aetherhunting if you know what you are doing. As for flares, those happen once every 10 days, and that is -if- you are there to compete in them. Thus you can see why Demigod and Demigod+ power are seen as so subpar. Finks have gunner which admittedly would make Aetherhunting -faster-, which isnt that bad actually, and frankly anyone can learn how to Gun, whilst empathing and pilot need more focus.

I had put up several suggestions for gnomes, but simply from brainstorming here are some perks for gnomes that are filled with flavor and not as lackluster and frankly hollow as the current ones:

Level 1: Electrical resistor: 2/4 electricity resist.
    Level 25: Master tradesman: Will receive slightly more gold and karma from completion of quests (with gold reward)
    Level 50: Nimble fingers: Will recover balance and equilibrium at half the cost with all tradeskills.
    Demigod: Aetherspace Race: Will require equilibrium faster on aethership modules.
    Demigod +: Mana capacitor: Will charge up a capacitor over time with each use of mana, when full the capacitor can be discharged to give a boost to mana.

While I can see the issue with having a mana boost thwart mana-kills, it could easily be changed to something along the lines of a temporary shield that absorbs 700 damage before fading.

Basically the idea here is to capitalize on the idea of 'gnome tinkering' and 'inventors' while also making them seem unique.

tl;dr: In the end, it seems like Fink and Gnome design was created without a lot of forethought into their state and uniqueness as 'purchase race' as well as being generally subpar compared. Frankly it looks like a lot of design was put into Orclach, which is filled with flavor, while Gnomes may as well return to not existing.

While I know it probably is too late now, I hope they be enhanced later.

I'm wondering....

With the existence of an 'extra' racial power for the kephera/illithoid, related to the Undervault Epics (though indirectly, you don't have to actually complete the Epic to get the bonus).

Would there be room to ask for gnomes to get something extra, related to the aetherspace epics?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Only if Faelings get something related to the nai'Dorin, and Dwarves get something related to who is crowned king/queen, and... well, there are lots of other examples.

These other things are not really on the same level.  The illithoid / kepheran thing are a psychic web influencing and enhancing the very being of the entire race, whereas all of these others are more... physical?  Ordinary?  Something of that sort.  I mean, sure, some of them have some mystical impact (such as the nai'Dorin), but it's just not similar to me.
  • When I compare the illithoid to the tae'dae, I see the illithoid gets a lot more "points" worth of perks.
    Illithoid get a racial bonus which can be negated by people going and killing Cthoglogg.  Same with Kepherans and killing Zenobia.  It's a pretty hefty quest to bring them back up, so.  Can't really count it as part of the total.  They have no way to keep it always on.

Except that for some reason nobody wants to kill Zenobia right now, but other than that.  :)
    Honestly, I'm not sure the illithoid perk is worth the effort it takes to raise Cthoggy. (Note to self: Open talks with Nekotai about illithoid things.)

@Haghan was talking about some sort of tae'dae epic...Tolborolla x5, Estelbar, Rikenfriez I think. But he wanted racial epics for the Demi+ power. I was thinking more along the lines of the keph/illy extra powers. But, for gnomes.

Doing one of the aetherspace epics should at least net gnomes a nice spec name. Master Gnome or Gnome Scourge. :D

• Baelor said:
    I missed a question regarding racial weapons, we're currently looking at weapons internally, and with the system that's coming out, weapon races will receive a damage boost to those weapons specifically. It'll be something along the lines of a 2/8 bonus (which translates to cutting or blunt)

Just wondering if anyone who is currently a race with an inherent weapon bonus can confirm that this is how things played out when all was said and done.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Balance time for bearhug appears to be a base of 4s.  With putting monk buffs up and what not, seems like I can get it down to about 3.5s.  Against a people, about 1k damage (I'll do some testing later today and get more precise numbers than that).  As for bashing, I'll have to get back to you about that.  Suppose I'll find someone to do the ol' attack a beast with it a few hundred times to get a decent sample size and go from there.
  • Agreed, I wasn't including that in the total.  illithoid get mana/health regen, and tae'dae get ego regen.
    Kalliste said:
    Baelor said:
    I missed a question regarding racial weapons, we're currently looking at weapons internally, and with the system that's coming out, weapon races will receive a damage boost to those weapons specifically. It'll be something along the lines of a 2/8 bonus (which translates to cutting or blunt)

Just wondering if anyone who is currently a race with an inherent weapon bonus can confirm that this is how things played out when all was said and done.
    I didn't notice a difference in attacks when hunting sharks and gorgogs.
  • Daganev said:
    Agreed, I wasn't including that in the total.  illithoid get mana/health regen, and tae'dae get ego regen.
    Kalliste said:
    Baelor said:

I didn't notice a difference in attacks when hunting sharks and gorgogs.
    Well, if you have the bonus, it should show up on bodyscan buffs full... unless they ended up going a different direction with this buff.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Might still be the old+ weapon stats buff.
    Well, it would be a ~6% boost in damage, right? That's...not something you'll really notice easily.

• edited June 2015
    We still haven't rolled out the overhaul version of armour and weapons. 

Also just random bit of information, previously Kephera and Illithoid gained a +1 to int/dex and con before for having Zenobia or Cthoglogg up. All three, non weighted. The new undervault bonus perks were designed to be partially flavour with some functionality but not as powerful as their predecessors.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Might still be the old+ weapon stats buff.
    Yes, the weapon stats increased.
  • edited June 2015
    @Arcanis ' suggestions regarding gnomes has given me some thought. I am very good with their Lv1, Lv25, Demi, and Demi+ perks, but I have concerns about their Lv50 perk.

Comparing gnomes to finks, +village influence is far far more limited in use than the +performance perk. It feels like there are no significant day to day bonuses to being a gnome, thus people who do pick up gnome are more often than not just changeling into them during revolts and when that specific person is called upon to pilot/empath. As soon as the aetherhunt is over they are jumping out of gnome. Meanwhile, I am content to be a fink forever more.

Beyond that, it seems odd that a race is being given +village influence considering how vocal the attempt to make debates be as equalized as possible. If finks were given faster Aethercraft Bombardments, it would make me uncomfortable. Just as gnomes having faster village influence is making me uncomfortable now.

I am definitely in support of the gnome's Lv50 perk being faster eq/bal with trade skills. I feel like that would be an artifact race that people many people would be interested in. It would also bring village/debate conflicts to being more equalized.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.

• Xenthos said:
    Only if Faelings get something related to the nai'Dorin

I really dont think the nai'Dorin constitutes as to what is a global spiritual act for all faeling. The quest of the Well of Souls is far more suitable, just FYI.

Xenthos said:
    Illithoid get a racial bonus which can be negated by people going and killing Cthoglogg.  Same with Kepherans and killing Zenobia.  It's a pretty hefty quest to bring them back up, so.  Can't really count it as part of the total.  They have no way to keep it always on.

Except that for some reason nobody wants to kill Zenobia right now, but other than that.  :)

Because Zenobia is a supermob and basically on par, if not more powerful than a Supernal/Demon Lord, and smobs are simply unkillable after the buff they received.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Zenobia wasn't buffed, she's definitely killable

Just need the people to do it. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • (and the patience to bring down the web so she's vulnerable)
  • Synkarin said:

By all means try, I'll personally be rooting, and then shocked if it works.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Arcanis said:
    Synkarin said:

By all means try, I'll personally be rooting, and then shocked if it works.

Sure, you do the quest so we can bring her down and I'll totally help

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited June 2015
    Akyaevin said:
    (and the patience to bring down the web so she's vulnerable)
    The web's already down.

Edit: Note, there's a bug that lets players appear to put it back up (which I've bugged time and time again and it never seems to get fixed, unfortunately), but if you go talk to Cyaratalegur he says it's down.

And, because it's down, he does not provide the emaciated bone sharks, so you can't even drop the faux-web.  It's really annoying, actually.