No-Stat Race System

Comments

• Celina said:
    While I understand Urnot's difficulties (it's harder for everyone, including myself), I guess I'm not really understanding what it is people are asking the administration to do about it. 
    Well, it would have been nice if people believed me when I brought it up before the changes.  :( There were situations, where the speed malus, was offset by the greater strength, defences, and sipping bonus.   But instead all I heard was, "speed is always better".  When I made it clear that these changes were going to make me change race, because what I wanted out of the race is no longer possible ... well you can read what happened.

What people most likely want at this point in time, is an announcement post explaining what they can expect from these changes.. what will be harder by design, what will be easier by design, and what is still in flux (e.g. warriors)
  • For clarification, when we say Wyrden Woods are we talking Prime Glomdoring terrain, or Blacktalon effect?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Celina said:
    While I understand Urnot's difficulties (it's harder for everyone, including myself), I guess I'm not really understanding what it is people are asking the administration to do about it. 
    Well, it would have been nice if people believed me when I brought it up before the changes.  :( There were situations, where the speed malus, was offset by the greater strength, defences, and sipping bonus.   But instead all I heard was, "speed is always better".  When I made it clear that these changes were going to make me change race, because what I wanted out of the race is no longer possible ... well you can read what happened.

What people most likely want at this point in time, is an announcement post explaining what they can expect from these changes.. what will be harder by design, what will be easier by design, and what is still in flux (e.g. warriors)
    Being that the person in question was using a weapon with wrong stats to begin with, I'd say the changes that killed it weren't the net loss of 2 str but the combination of 2 str and the really wrong tool for the job. I haven't noticed any problems with either bashing or influencing. Sure, it's a tad slower but it's not game-breaking and I'm betting I'm squishier than you or he is by a fair margin where I probably had you beat in both total hp and overall dmp previously. High level areas are not meant to be bashed without full use of scroll and sparkles either.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Prime Glomdoring Terrain. Qistrel, my Hartstone druid has OWN regen in prime Glom.

• Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    Celina said:

Being that the person in question was using a weapon with wrong stats to begin with, I'd say the changes that killed it weren't the net loss of 2 str but the combination of 2 str and the really wrong tool for the job. I haven't noticed any problems with either bashing or influencing. Sure, it's a tad slower but it's not game-breaking and I'm betting I'm squishier than you or he is by a fair margin where I probably had you beat in both total hp and overall dmp previously. High level areas are not meant to be bashed without full use of scroll and sparkles either.
    I guess no matter how much evidence is in front of a person's face, people will believe what they want to believe.  I can't tell if you honestly believe that the difference was only 2 str, or if you are using 2str as a shorthand for 2str, 4con, lvl 3 damage resistance, and lvl 1 sip bonus.  Warrior bashing has lots of variables, with stances and weapon choices, and different level tiers, have different optimal situations as well.  When I was level 80-90 places that other people said were great were not for me, and visa versa.  On top of that, I never had to use or maintain a scroll.  But the mob is always correct, so you can ignore all that.
  • @Celina: I apologise for not making it clear which made you not understand  how the admin could help. My post was alerting the admin of the issues arising from not alerting the changes in a post explaining the changes, and if players experience problems then they can alert someone by using the issue or bug system. I doubt Urdnot knew that he could contact someone.

Perhaps there was a post, and if there was then forgive my mothering nature. Through Urdnot's difficulties, I have learned that we need to pay more attention to newish players and not assume they understand when they complete guild and collegium tasks. I also fully understand that the admin are not always aware of individual issues. I have no qualms regarding the admin.
  • Qistrel said:
    Prime Glomdoring Terrain. Qistrel, my Hartstone druid has OWN regen in prime Glom.
    Not sure if we can adjust that, I'll be honest it's a very low priority issue compared to other bugs that need to be resolved.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm not complaining or anything, was just trying to work out how exactly the two abilities work.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2015
    @Daganev - No, she really means just 2 Str.

Given the evidence presented (feel free to correct this), the only issue @Urdnot seems to be having is that it's taking longer to kill things, not tanking them, so the sip bonus, resists and extra con aren't an issue here. His damage is down, but his speed should be up and his STR was down by probably 3-4 points (after str buffs in skills, like Flex), so his damage is a little lower. 

By the way - This is a pretty universally across the board result. People have been finding themselves much tankier, but hitting much softer. Meaning you can tank stuff really easily, but it's taking forever to die, just like Urdnot. 

Again, if anything, I think this exemplifies why you were incorrect before, it definitely doesn't validate you. An aslaran/SL Faeling would outbash a tae'dae in the old system anyday of the week, their 18-19Str + balance bonus would easily offset the Tae'dae 23-24 Str and balance malus. It's been proven time and time again, yet you saw a glimmer of hope that you may be right and latched on to it and ran with it.

But again, obviously you're the only one that's correct and the rest of us that have been playing this game and have tried to use tae'dae at various points and found that other races were indeed better must be wrong, so you can ignore this.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    ...in what world is not using scroll or sparkle optimal?

If you weren't using either, then you definitely deserve to have a hard time because you're not using 2 of 3 ways to heal.

I can ensure you that warrior bashing is pretty one dimensional. Get max speed weapon, use sip/sparkle/scroll, style lightning, bash.
    Daganev said:
    I guess no matter how much evidence is in front of a person's face, people will believe what they want to believe.  I can't tell if you honestly believe that the difference was only 2 str, or if you are using 2str as a shorthand for 2str, 4con, lvl 3 damage resistance, and lvl 1 sip bonus.  Warrior bashing has lots of variables, with stances and weapon choices, and different level tiers, have different optimal situations as well.  When I was level 80-90 places that other people said were great were not for me, and visa versa.  On top of that, I never had to use or maintain a scroll.  But the mob is always correct, so you can ignore all that.
    I've tried it all, actually. Granted, I haven't flexed to Sentinel to try and tank Icewynd again since the racial overhaul went into being but that said, I've done Sentinel before for the exact same purpose... tanking for Hallifax for Icewynd. Guess what high-con race I never picked when I did that? Yeap, tae'dae. The 4 con you supposedly lost you actually haven't. Sure, you won't be getting 15k+ health in the current system, but your hp should still be pretty well up there as a warrior. If not, I'd recommend investing some lessons in athletics to get the 5/10 hp boost skill (can't recall what it's called off the top of my head), it will change your life. I'm also going to assume that by 'level 3 damage resistance' you mean something like level 3 resistance to cold/cutting/blunt/poison? Because you certainly weren't getting level 3 damage resistance to everything. On top of the level 3 weak to magic/level 2 weak to fire... and the level 3 balance/eq malus, never mind the 8 dex and 9 int (Did surge give you more than 1000hp?). Either way, cutting/blunt resists aren't going to do much for you either way... you already have buckets of that from armour anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

1) It's not the mob. You're getting feedback from players with applicable experience. I played tae'dae bard for several months. The resists and con were nice..when they actually applied. That is, unfortunately, only one small piece of the big beary picture. I think it's unfortunate that you would look at the responses from multiple players who have played for 8+ years, including time as warriors and envoys, and diminish their experience to mob rule just to make your point. 

2) You have to understand that you are using secondhand feedback from a 14 year old to support your argument. There's an inherent flaw in that justification. 14 year olds are..well...14. 

3) Midbies slowbashing while tanking physical damage mobs well above there level was never disputed as a niche of tae'dae. Yes, tae'dae are great for level 80s hunting kephera. I even grinded through my 80s and 90s as a kephera for the resists, and they are nice. No one ever disagreed with you, and I don't know why you think people never acknowledged that tae'dae were super slow beefy bearthings. The argument has always been that that is not enough of a niche to sustain the race, or make up for just how horrible they were at endgame pk and bashing, which played out in the evidence. Tae'dae was a novelty race and very few players played it. 
  • edited June 2015
    Yes indeed, what would I know having only been playing a tae dae for nearly 10 years off and on.
    I warned of a potential problem, it happened, and you are continuing to find any excuse to pretend it didn't.

Here I am telling you that I bashed just fine without a scroll and you are telling me it couodnt be done. It's hillarious. You guys are a mob, and cant listen to outside input. Yes, surge didn't give a big boost. That meant I didn't use it and saved myself power. Didn't need it, because I bashed things above my level that I could tank. You might have tried everything, but you didn't have the pkaystyle that taedae catered to. Not every race or guild is going to appeal to everybody.

Most characters don't make it to level 100, and I really don't understand why you think post level 100 is the only experience that matters.
  • So as I mentioned on the previous page, we use to have certain races with high constitution and several racial resistances that were resilient in hunting, these races often came with either a balance or eq bonus, or other crucial drawbacks. They could take a beating but dished one out very slowly, and rarely needed more than sipping to keep pace, taking on larger numbers where healing scrolls and sparkleberries were pointless, as they'd be overwhelmed due to their slow speed.

Other races that were significantly faster, were scoring more critical hits and killing quicker, despite not having as much strength. They also tended to have less constitution and not as many, if any, racial resistances, however through skills and consumables that increased their DMP (now damage resistance) and utilising scroll and sparkleberries, this allowed them to make up for their drawbacks against studier races and let them take on the same strength of creature, sometimes allowing them to take on more, due to the speed at which they were able to dispatch them.

The slower, studier races had no way to compensate for their lack of attack speed and damage output though, thus there was an imbalance.

When it comes down to it, old Tae/Igasho etc hunting was very simplistic but very very limited in what it could do. Now with faster attack speeds you deal damage at a quicker pace, your critical strikes per minute number goes up and any loss of mitigation can be countered by utilising healing methods you previously didn't need, or couldn't make use of.

There may be some relearning for people, in some cases there may be whole areas of mechanics, whether it's class abilities, consumables or other buffs, that people need to learn about and utilise, but those who played slow races before and make use of the mechanics available to them now, will find themselves better off than they were two weeks ago.
    edited June 2015
    @Daganev - I bash just fine without a scroll too, it just depends on what I'm bashing. For -optimal- bashing (which is what is being referred to in Shuyin's statement) I'm using a scroll. Turns out using a scroll gives you extra healing, which makes tanking harder hitting mobs easier. I don't know why that's hard to understand.

The 'potential problem' you warned us about isn't the actual problem you think is happening. You're ignoring my previously stated statement that everyone is suffering from a lack of damage output and everyone is turning out to be much tankier. You really just ignore anything that doesn't fit into your perceived notions about how things work. 

Here's the difference, your points have been refuted, our points have been ignored. It's been stated by both the mob and the admin how this specific example isn't the case in point you're trying to make it and why that's the case, as well as how it's part of the same general issue everyone in the game is having. You have yet to counter any of those points, except by making non-sequitur  arguments that are just simply not applicable.

Here's an idea. How about you actually back up your statements. What did you bash? What areas did you find to be optimal? Throw some actual reasoning instead of vague opinion that has no backing other than 'I said so'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited June 2015

You warned of level 80 tae'dae not being able to hunt at the same level they did before? Firstly, you didn't, namely because that's a hyper specific discussion to have. Secondly, even if you had, no one is disputing that could be true. It's just not enough to make a race appealing. This overhaul is not just about the existing tae'dae players that selfishly want to keep their weird niche at the cost of every other player who likes the race but also recognizes it sucks. 

No one is saying you can't bash without scroll. They are saying you should be using scroll. 

Level 100 is the point of balance because most long term players do make it to 100, and you have to balance around something concrete and definable. It has always been this way, it will always be this way. The health changes actually go a long way towards making levels below 100 much more viable, just so we're clear.

You're just not reading, and I'm trying to be nice. You don't seem interested in reading what people are writing. We're a mob, you're profoundly arrogant on a topic you seem to think no one can actually have a perspective on because you played tae'dae for blah blah years. Keep on keeping on. 
  • @Baelor I appreciate what you have done and what you have been doing, but we have different definitions of what it means to be " better off".

For me, being better off means I can enjoy the game for short periods of time, without working too hard on "maintenance".(it's why most of my artifact purchases are for the sole purpose of permability) It also means that the short time I'm able to spend takes care of all the proper pavlov responses.

I've been playing for nearly 10 years and my character is only level 96. Optimal min maxing of game time , and being the most competitive, isn't high on my list of things which define being better off to me. After playing with the various races I've pretty much settled on human, which I did not suspect I would be doing, but it has the best perks for my play style currently.

Its just dissapointing to me, that there isnt enough for me to want to be a taedae until level 100, which likely won't be for years from now. So telling me I'm better off, when I know that I'm actually not better off, feels a bit wierd.

Certainly if I was part of the correct group of people I would be better off, but them I wouldn't have been playing a taedae for so long either.

The point of all that I wrote is simply this. This is a game, not a statistics program, and different people have different perspectives of what is fun, better, viable, etc. It would certainly be more enjoyable if differing opinions weren't labeled bad wrong fun... As am example that post that Lerad wrote to Arcanis was really just uncalled for...

@Synkarin I really have little interest in retelling over the places I've played over the years, just so you can respond to me that I've been playing it wrong. You know the game so well you should be able to figure out which mobs gave the most xp and dropped the most gold for going up against a taedae. I will admit, I have ignored most the points because I really don't want to get into an argument about the minor details of different play styles and different views of what is fun, and what is optimal. What worked for me, vs what worked for the other taedaes over the years, vs what worked for people who took the faster races. Really, the only thing you need to know is if I'm being honest about my experiences or not.
    Daganev said:
    For me, being better off means I can enjoy the game for short periods of time, without working too hard on "maintenance".(it's why most of my artifact purchases are for the sole purpose of permability) It also means that the short time I'm able to spend takes care of all the proper pavlov responses. 

Turns out you're perfectly capable of doing this as a Tae'dae in the current system. Have you actually tried to play and bash? I'm not sure why a Human would be such a better choice for your so called 'playstyle' except that if offers xp bonus and faster firstaid (which I'm assuming you use). If that's the case, it has nothing to do with Taedae and how it's so much different than before. 

Being 'honest' about your experiences doesn't really mean a lot when you've decided that no one else's opinion is worth listening to. If you got over your ego and actually listened to what's being said and considered it, you'd probably find you may have more fun in the short time you play. But it's clear that no one else can possibly know how to get the most out of their time.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    All I know is that linking astral went from could sit there with the window up and watch my hp bar drain slightly, to actually dying on it last night. 12.3k hp and a minimum of 7 damage resist in everything, mitrans outpaced my sipping/sparkle/scroll. Granted, had bear standard up with four other people, but I miss that 15-20k hp I could hit. I have to pay close attention and be ready to fly if I eat too many rounds of 5-6 mitrans hits.
  • edited June 2015
    Baelor said:
    So as I mentioned on the previous page, we use to have certain races with high constitution and several racial resistances that were resilient in hunting, these races often came with either a balance or eq bonus, or other crucial drawbacks. They could take a beating but dished one out very slowly, and rarely needed more than sipping to keep pace, taking on larger numbers where healing scrolls and sparkleberries were pointless, as they'd be overwhelmed due to their slow speed.

Other races that were significantly faster, were scoring more critical hits and killing quicker, despite not having as much strength. They also tended to have less constitution and not as many, if any, racial resistances, however through skills and consumables that increased their DMP (now damage resistance) and utilising scroll and sparkleberries, this allowed them to make up for their drawbacks against studier races and let them take on the same strength of creature, sometimes allowing them to take on more, due to the speed at which they were able to dispatch them.

The slower, studier races had no way to compensate for their lack of attack speed and damage output though, thus there was an imbalance.

When it comes down to it, old Tae/Igasho etc hunting was very simplistic but very very limited in what it could do. Now with faster attack speeds you deal damage at a quicker pace, your critical strikes per minute number goes up and any loss of mitigation can be countered by utilising healing methods you previously didn't need, or couldn't make use of.

There may be some relearning for people, in some cases there may be whole areas of mechanics, whether it's class abilities, consumables or other buffs, that people need to learn about and utilise, but those who played slow races before and make use of the mechanics available to them now, will find themselves better off than they were two weeks ago.
    (Just to clarify I'm using Baelor's quote for context on the issue, but I'm addressing the player-base with my comments, not him)

I just want to say I love the changes, and thank you!

However, that explanation of damage output may not quite be working as intended quite yet for some people, and I believe that this will be completely rectified with the pending knighthood changes.

For example, I am an Igasho blademaster and am happy to report that I am, indeed hitting faster, and I'm really excited about the end of my balance/equilibrium maluses.  In the long run this should really improve my bashing and PvP.  I am a big fan of the changes!  

But the reality is, right now, I AM bashing slower. Noticeably.  Irrefutably. Completely independent of my ability to tank/heal/mitigate damage.  Tanking isn't a problem--my damage output is. I kept regular track of the corpses I could accumulate in an hour of hunting before effects like kirigami wore off etc, and my corpse count in the exact same hunting locations is significantly lower when I have to renew my buffs/release another kirigami.  Losing some strength hurts my damage, but the increased balance should have offset that, or even INCREASED my overall damage output following the changes, according to the feedback I received prior to the changes.  Not so.

And that's fine with me for now-it seems like it has been noticed by the admin, and in particular, knighthood should eventually get some damage increases when the knighthood changes occur.  I am content to wait until then.  And the higher level I get, the higher my crit chance, and eventually my increased speed will up my bashing speed to compensate for my reduced damage output right now. 

But please realize that those of us who are not super demigods with superb crit rates might actually be competent enough to realize when it takes us significantly longer to kill a single creature in a single room under the same circumstances before and after the stat changes (ouch, that came out a bit harsher than intended, sorry!).  Whatever theory-crafting we discuss, or the intentions behind the balance changes, it's quite simple for someone to determine whether it takes them 15 seconds or 30 seconds to kill a creature.  

I am particularly sensitive to Urdnot's plight because I have taken him bashing with me to help him out, and unlike me, he has not invested in enhanced weapon damage/speed artifacts, bonus crit chance artifacts, and enhanced cutting damage artifacts that allow me to patiently wait out this impaired damage conundrum.  If I did not have all those expensive artifacts bonusing my damage output I'd likely be in his exact position, and find it a lot harder to be patient with the changes.

I just ask that you put yourself in someone else's shoes for a moment, and maybe be a bit trusting?  Instead of saying, "clearly he isn't doing less damage than he used to, he's just confused, we all know XYZ means his damage is fine," please listen instead.  He's just a kid, on the verge of quitting because he can't fight a single Illithoid when before he could fight two with ease.  Yes we've got him a better weapon, yes we help him hunt, yes, by the time he's level 100 and has near 50% crit none of this will matter.  But for now, he's a lvl ~80 player with low crit, and having a better weapon now doesn't change that with the "bad" weapon he had before the changes he was doing much better than he is now even with the better weapon.  

Please keep in mind that just because the changes haven't significantly changed your bashing speed, that may not be the case for others, particularly lower level, less experienced players with few/no artifacts.  And those may be the most important for the health of our game!

This isn't a complaint in any way--the admin has always been quick to respond and help whenever problems are identified.  I'm fully confident they will help Urdnot when he contacts them.  And I don't mean to yammer at anyone.  I just feel Urdnot's desperation every day I log on, and want people to realize that what Niina and Barrin have said is actually accurate (adding my voice to theirs), and all we want to do is help Urdnot and keep him playing.  Any constructive input is of course welcome!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Tbh the fact that he's a warrior and you know that the admin are working on warriors should be enough.

Unfortunately all we can do is wait until it's ready.

It's been repeatedly said that everyone bashes slower and it's still a work in progress.

Also does this guy use sparkle and scroll ?
    For the record, the envoys are actively providing feedback to the admin to change damage output. A couple days ago, Roark updated it after a discussion with the envoys, and it may very well change again. We are working towards a solution, it's just being done in incremental changes to find the right balance.

And again, even for us super artied demigods, bashing is still very much slower. 
    Tarkenton said:
    All I know is that linking astral went from could sit there with the window up and watch my hp bar drain slightly, to actually dying on it last night. 12.3k hp and a minimum of 7 damage resist in everything, mitrans outpaced my sipping/sparkle/scroll. Granted, had bear standard up with four other people, but I miss that 15-20k hp I could hit. I have to pay close attention and be ready to fly if I eat too many rounds of 5-6 mitrans hits.
    The difference being that you don't need standard up as much anymore unless you're carrying along low level people. 4-5 on the sphere when linking should be able to handle the inflow of mobs and not die on standard damage distribution much better now than they did two weeks ago, simply due to a higher base health pool. Again... unless you're running low levels with you that don't have the crits to outpace the mob spawn rate. Some might die if the mobs gang up on them but on average it should be easier on everyone.

• Shuyin said:
    Tbh the fact that he's a warrior and you know that the admin are working on warriors should be enough. Unfortunately all we can do is wait until it's ready. It's been repeatedly said that everyone bashes slower and it's still a work in progress. Also does this guy use sparkle and scroll ?
    Yes, but the changes seem to have hit him harder than any other warrior I know (myself as an igasho included, who shared many of his race's strengths).  That's  my point actually--we're warriors, and I'm content to wait for the changes, but whereas I can wait, he seems to be breaking.  That's my point.  What can we do for him?

Yes sparkle/scroll but again it's not a tanking problem.  He can sit there all day bashing the mob----he can sit there all day....THAT'S the issue.  Again, damage, not tanking.

I concurr he's 14 and he's probably exaggerating when he says it takes him 3x as long to kill a mob.  So I've tried to temper his experience with a bit of logic and reason.  But anyway you look at it (having hunted with him, as I assume Barrin and/or Niina has as well) he really does pitiful damage.  Hunting with him was basically like bashing solo.  I literally couldn't see any increase in bashing speed having him with me as opposed to bashing solo.  So even though I can't believe it takes him 300% as much time to bash, even if it were just 50% I think is enough of an issue to bring up, especially with all of us in his community acutely aware of his plight and wanting to help him out.  I just can't bash with him often because he's in the EU time zone and I'm in the US time zone and we rarely overlap except at odd hours when I can't keep playing at 1-2am with work in the morning.  

And again I think Barrin and Niina really said it best, but it seemed like people didn't believe them which is what compelled me to add my voice supporting their concerns and hopes regarding Urdnot.  I think there really may be some racial specific problem affecting Urdnot more than the rest of us warriors of other races.  I just don't know, and have no way of finding out, which is why we've tried to bring it up for him on the forums (since he has no forum access).

Thanks for listening.
  • Celina said:
    For the record, the envoys are actively providing feedback to the admin to change damage output. A couple days ago, Roark updated it after a discussion with the envoys, and it may very well change again. We are working towards a solution, it's just being done in incremental changes to find the right balance.

And again, even for us super artied demigods, bashing is still very much slower. 
    Thanks!!
    edited June 2015
    @Cadica - Nobody has disputed that Urdnot and your own experiences are wrong. If you'll read back through what's been said, the damage output has been acknowledged as the problem. For everyone.

It's not an isolated incident for warriors (though they may be suffering the most) but others have pointed out that they bash slower, including me and I am a super duper ascendant with a lvl 2 crit rune and the damage runes boosting my damage. @Celina has also pointed out that it's affected her the same way. It's a universal issue that may be hitting warriors harder due to the warrior overhaul not being completed.

What it is not an example of is that Tae'dae are somehow terrible after the overhaul and not worth playing anymore.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    A suggestion.  Assuming he's Moon Totems spec, have him try using drawdown and the attacks that come with it?
  • Synkarin said:
    @Cadica - Nobody has disputed that Urdnot and your own experiences are wrong. If you'll read back through what's been said, the damage output has been acknowledged as the problem. For everyone.

It's not an isolated incident for warriors (though they may be suffering the most) but others have pointed out that they bash slower, including me and I am a suepr duper ascendant with a lvl 2 crit rune and the damage runes boosting my damage. @Celina has also pointed out that it's affected her the same way. It's a universal issue that may be hitting warriors harder due to the warrior overhaul not being completed.

What it is not an example of is that Tae'dae are somehow terrible after the overhaul and not worth playing anymore.

I agree this is hitting everyone (I pointed out my Igasho dmg is lower even with increased balance speed, remember), not just Tae'dae. And I really really really don't want to jump in that argument between Celina and Daganev (I'm not very confrontational!).  I'm just pointing out on the side, that Urdnot's damage seems to be lower than the rest of us, and he happens to be Tae'dae.  And I hope he doesn't quit in a fit of teenage rage.  That's the extent of my report. :)
  • @Cadica: Thank you for that reply, might I ask what your current cutting (assuming Blademaster) damage is right now?

If you don't have Bodyscan to see this, that's fine, but I'm looking to put some context to your damage concerns. I appreciate the issue regarding critical strikes at sub 90 is a problem, and it may be something for us to address. However it's something I don't want to touch until everyone is dealing the damage they should be doing.

@Tarkenton If you're standardbearing for four people on astral, I'd expect you to take a beating, one of the things that was previously an issue was high health/DMP knights that could stack passive healing and simply outheal large numbers of astral creatures, while everyone else had nothing to worry about. Also if you're group hunting and the way Astral works, the killspeed of your companions matters regarding being overwhelmed by denizens, if they are lower due to previously being high intellect casters or bal/eq+ speed races that no longer have that bonus, their damage will be lower.
  • Tarkenton said:
    A suggestion.  Assuming he's Moon Totems spec, have him try using drawdown and the attacks that come with it?
    Hmm I know he's cavalier and Hunting/tracker.  But thanks for the suggestion!