Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2014
    Enyalida said:
    Hoaracle is still active, I think. At least, his order is!
    For the purposes of "active" in this case, it refers to the divine actually interacting on a regular basis with their home city or commune.  Hoaracle has been dormant for a while unless I'm mistaken.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    It's hard to judge that sort of thing as there's different shades of active! The ones that are completely behind the scenes, the ones that interact with their order, and the ones that are a bit more public.

Serenwilde certainly has somebody(s?) behind the scenes.  Would be nice if they were a bit more public, but we've got something at least. Not in either order so couldn't say how active they are in there or not.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Turnus said:
    It's hard to judge that sort of thing as there's different shades of active! The ones that are completely behind the scenes, the ones that interact with their order, and the ones that are a bit more public.

Serenwilde certainly has somebody(s?) behind the scenes.  Would be nice if they were a bit more public, but we've got something at least. Not in either order so couldn't say how active they are in there or not.
    Mmhmm, very much true.  @Raezon would definitely be considered one almost completely behind the scenes, if what @Isune said a little over a month ago in the Covenants thread still holds true and he is still around.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • All hail the Lord of the Morning Frost, @Calythan!
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah also big rave to Gaudiguch and Magnagora. You guys could have gone against us and made it a really tough ascension but you stood behind us instead. Was nice to see.
    Retired.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Haezon said:
    Yeah also big rave to Gaudiguch and Magnagora. You guys could have gone against us and made it an impossible ascension but you stood strong behind us. That takes balls. We really appreciate it.
    Word. 
  • @Kelly what's gutsy about it is they trashed everything Mag stands for and has now turned the city into little more than credit-hungry mercenaries. Get Ascension all for the low low cost of 5 credits (which is what Glom offered Mag for their help)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Zyphora said:
    @Ushaara

All the feels were had. Every single one. I missed RPing with you!

Haha, ridiculous gif, but rave returned!
    Revan said:
    @Kelly what's gutsy about it is they trashed everything Mag stands for and has now turned the city into little more than credit-hungry mercenaries. Get Ascension all for the low low cost of 5 credits (which is what Glom offered Mag for their help)
    I take offense to that. I sold my service for 10 credits...Also I always preferred the merc route. What else would Mag do? Sit on their hands? Apathy ftw?

• Munsia said:
    Revan said:
    @Kelly what's gutsy about it is they trashed everything Mag stands for and has now turned the city into little more than credit-hungry mercenaries. Get Ascension all for the low low cost of 5 credits (which is what Glom offered Mag for their help)
    I take offense to that. I sold my service for 10 credits...Also I always preferred the merc route. What else would Mag do? Sit on their hands? Apathy ftw?
    That staffcast was definitely worth the double pay.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I will just say "I told you so" when I encouraged that we help Ixion to win Harmony, when it was neck and neck with Uruk. That could have been an interesting Ascension!
  • edited March 2014
    Munsia said:
    Revan said:
    Mag could have used their leverage to demand much more. Glom doesn't have the fighters Mag has, and it was sadly a wasted opportunity and further allowed Glom to shove Mag's face in the dirt. All Mag got out of it was a pittance of credits and the "privilege" of watching Glom spam "Glory be to Glomdoring" when they could have gotten so much more imo.

Edit: Thinking about it... this situation reminds me a lot of a real life lesson. Back in the day, Great Britain, the mightiest empire in the world, bowed and scrapped to a fledgling Germany who, by all accounts, could have easily been crushed before beginning their campaign of world domination. Chamberlain's Appeasement policy back then bears striking resemblance to what Mag is doing with Glom. Mag is stronger by all accounts, but they are letting Glomdoring bully them into submission. I do have to give Glom props for pulling that off so masterfully.
    I've always considered that Mag's top tiers > Everyone elses top tiers. If we field all our best fighters as individual cities. Then again that's why we've always had alliances and such. Other cities make up where some can't. There was a city or two that at one point could only win influencings and such, but couldn't pvp for their life.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Kelly said:
    I will just say "I told you so" when I encouraged that we help Ixion to win Harmony, when it was neck and neck with Uruk. That could have been an interesting Ascension!
    Ixion couldn't make yesterday :(

It was but 1 part of my exceptionally long tracker woes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It's 10 credits more than any other Ascension I've previously participated in! Maybe we will get in a union and raise prices next year.

Also, I'm pretty sure Gaudiguch would do great by itself in smaller group fights.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well...yes :( A certain amount of ego is needed to be a fighter.

Real talk though, given who the seal winners ended up being, Mag didn't really have much of a choice. What would have been an issue is if Ixion won.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Kelly said:
    I don't support people who break my heart :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited March 2014
    Misread
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

e-peen
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    @Tarkenton for the end of a long story - you've been awesome to RP with through all of this

@Anita @Hiriako for being there through most of that story arc, and continuing into the next ones

@Crek @Dramshanks for the start of another chapter

@Viravain for a new beginning

ALL THE AWESOME RP
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Tacita
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    @Zouviqil - where do I even begin?  Tark got roped into meeting Zouvi and trying to become friends with her 'cause of @Kio, and things just blossomed from there.  I truly enjoyed the time that our characters shared together, and I at least plan to make sure that they still interact in the future.

@Diniah - Even though she's not on the forums and likely won't see this, she's provided Tark with a new path and story to tell, and I look forward to seeing what results from it.
  • Eh, I prefer cabochon cut. <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.