Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I have some eyeballs. Aw yissss. Eyepeck is fun.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Everyday I get a little more surprised at how strong Destruction can be. I really shouldn't be, but I am.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Welcome to the special snowflake club.

Just be sure to not melt the other special snowflakes with your fireballs.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Celina said:

I have 10 million essence. This is the most I've had in 2 RL years.

I seriously hate grinding for essence. I'm glad to see the astral powerbashes of yore are back!

They've been back....for a bit. Like literally half a year 
  • edited May 2014
    Don't get me wrong, Destruction is amazing and all that but a mage (particularly Chem spec) outputs comparable/greater damage in PvP. @Raeri's doing some very, very nice damage now he's gone Aquachem. It's definitely a much more noticable PvP damage buff for warriors/guardians/monks though.

The place Destro really shines is bashing, where it does have a clear damage bonus over anything else - throw in that ascendant critical rate and it's fairly obscene how much higher your kill rate is.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:

Just be sure to not melt the other special snowflakes with your fireballs.

Bonus points if you do, killing other Ascendants with Ascendant powers is up there with decapping a Knight off your rebound.

Also welcome to the conflict of Ascendants who want War domoth just so their special snowflake fireballs are that bit more special than everyone elses.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Mages who use destro for pvp/bashing are wasteful with their essence IMO. 
    Spending 25 essence to gib a fire vulnerable mob is hardly wasting.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited May 2014
    Karlach said:
    Fire vulnerability does not mean it takes double damage. It's not as hyped for mages as you think unless you have a terrible staff, like Aqua's. (Am I the only one taking no damage from aqua staves?)
  • edited May 2014
    Munsia said:
    Karlach said:
    Fire vulnerability does not mean it takes double damage. It's not as hyped for mages as you think unless you have a terrible staff, like Aqua's. (Am I the only one taking no damage from aqua staves?)
    Hey Munsy, it's not  that Destro is any more powerful in PvP, my staffblast actually does 2% more damage than my Destro and my Pyrocannon does 4% more damage (both 100% fire damage) - with your staff its likely even more when averaged out due to Poison damage type. But Destros base damage in PvE is 17% higher than that of my staffcast and 14% higher than my Pyrocannon from testing on beasts. Its speed on a Faeling is only 5% slower than my Merian staffcast with a pentangle. 

Note: This is based on a 21 Int Merian vs a 21 Int Faeling - level 3 damage rune. The staff/cannon both had Hexangle and Pentangle, they also had a 12.5% damage buff from the Mage GC artie which does not apply to Destro. 

Basically - if I was a Faeling TK relying on shieldstun for burn levels I'd Destro in PvP. If I was a Merian/Mugwump Chemancer/Melder I'd staff/cannon. Same thing in bashing. Cannon/Staff as a Merian/Mugwump and Destro as an Aslaran/Faeling/Balance Neutral. Mage GC buff is really insane though so Destro's probably better for anyone who's not GC.

The champ artie doesn't apply to destruction? I thoght it was a generic 10% damage buff.

• edited May 2014
    Nope, it's a 12.5% damage buff which applies to mage only damage skills. I thought it would apply to Destro as well until I tested it out on @Silvanus. I bugged it just to check, but honestly, I hope it doesn't come back as a bug since my damage output is plenty high enough already.

EDIT: Raves for my high damage >.> (I'll get my coat)

Last I checked with Iosai, it was 10%. Bard champs receive 5%.

WTB Shuck with a damage buff.

• Ahh, maybe it's down to weaknesses then. It came out at a 12.47% difference to damage last time I checked it by wearing/removing it. Or could have been a stray regen tic.

I'm not sure! I can dig up the email, but I do remember both of those specifically. Now, what it's intended to be and what it actually is can be very different things in code land!

Celina said:

Last I checked with Iosai, it was 10%. Bard champs receive 5%.

WTB Shuck with a damage buff.

Shuck carries you enough as it is.

WTB 10% damage buff on my champ helm, for no logical balanced reason other than to see the QQ.

You spread your arms wide and draw deeply upon the Domotheos of Nature, its verdant energies rushing 
    through. You offer a deep, earthy hum as emerald energy laces outwards and into your surroundings, 
    imbibing itself into the environs.
    The air about you fairly hums as a few small plants struggle to surge into renewed life.
    A vine of pennyroyal pushes up from the ground.

Again, more excited than I sensibly should be.
    Vivet said:
    You spread your arms wide and draw deeply upon the Domotheos of Nature, its verdant energies rushing 
    through. You offer a deep, earthy hum as emerald energy laces outwards and into your surroundings, 
    imbibing itself into the environs.
    The air about you fairly hums as a few small plants struggle to surge into renewed life.
    A vine of pennyroyal pushes up from the ground.

Again, more excited than I sensibly should be.
    You...bought that skill? I'm sorry....
    Chade said:
    Munsia said:
    Karlach said:
    Hey Munsy, it's not  that Destro is any more powerful in PvP, my staffblast actually does 2% more damage than my Destro and my Pyrocannon does 4% more damage (both 100% fire damage) - with your staff its likely even more when averaged out due to Poison damage type. But Destros base damage in PvE is 17% higher than that of my staffcast and 14% higher than my Pyrocannon from testing on beasts. Its speed on a Faeling is only 5% slower than my Merian staffcast with a pentangle. 

Note: This is based on a 21 Int Merian vs a 21 Int Faeling - level 3 damage rune. The staff/cannon both had Hexangle and Pentangle, they also had a 12.5% damage buff from the Mage GC artie which does not apply to Destro. 

Basically - if I was a Faeling TK relying on shieldstun for burn levels I'd Destro in PvP. If I was a Merian/Mugwump Chemancer/Melder I'd staff/cannon. Same thing in bashing. Cannon/Staff as a Merian/Mugwump and Destro as an Aslaran/Faeling/Balance Neutral. Mage GC buff is really insane though so Destro's probably better for anyone who's not GC.
    Why would you be testing Merian? Mugwump has -1 int and 15% more speed. Wouldn't that make up for it? 
    Munsia said:
    You...bought that skill? I'm sorry....
    I'm not. I had just that amount of extra weight after checking from when I flexed around other things, and the 8 million price tag is pretty small.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I know I'm a little late on this one, but...

It is no possible to use Shamanism to modify weather in the Newton Caverns/Lolliprin/Smoke Mountain.
    I like this change, but it really shouldn't have needed to be done in the first place IMO. People that are making newbies just to troll other newbies by using shamanism to make the area freezing or other detrimental effects really need to be smacked over the head a few times with a solid length of clue-by-four. Such things are actions that may potentially drive away newbies that we honestly need to boost our numbers.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    The best one to buy is the Chaos lottery power, it pays off maybe once a year.

Munsia said:
    Chade said:
    Munsia said:
    Karlach said:

Why would you be testing Merian? Mugwump has -1 int and 15% more speed. Wouldn't that make up for it? 

7%
  • edited May 2014
    Munsia said:
    Chade said:
    Munsia said:
    Karlach said:

It's 7% more speed so even with identical intelligence between Faeling and Mugwump a Faeling with Destro would still be 5% faster than a staffcast in terms of DPS.
    Also the clothing is pretty awesome too.

You look at a wreath of midnight black roses that Milo is wearing:
    Seemingly plucked from the Garden of Viravain itself, this wreath of midnight black roses is a hauntingly beautiful work of art. Threads of silver have been woven to resemble an entanglement of vines, carefully studded with delicate thorns. Several precious gems have been skillfully cut to resemble lush roses, ranging from smoky purple amethyst to glassy black obsidian. A few silvery cobwebs glint against the gemstone petals, yet not managing to detract from their dark beauty.

This discussion has been closed.