Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    Nott said:
    I won't be able to attend, but I love @Vivet's idea for this auction. Selling authors feels like the Hallifaxian version of a bachelor auction. I love it. 
    It was really fun. She got us so good with Lawliet's double-lot, and bringing Portius 'round again at the end was a real smooth move. 
    With regard to Lawliet's lots, I was kind of concerned that it was going to be too unsubtle for me, but the whole intent was merely to be humorous and help keep people awake. Halli's been missing its Ciarans of late.

Just going to assume everyone was laughing along behind the calm, cool exteriors. 

:-\" 
  • Rave for pumped novices

Yuma tells you, "There's so much to learn! This is exciting."

It's true, I really am you.
  • Lavinya said:
    **********************[ CASCADING, FIERY RED CURLS ]***********************

ID: 85104
                      Curio Set: Fiery Red Curls
                           Part: Completed
                     Collection: None
                           Type: Vivid Hair
                          Power: None

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you see at the end of my desc when wearing it, in dark red:

A fiery mane of vibrantly red hair cascades about her head and down her back, artfully curled and immaculately well-kept. The multihued appearance of her hair - from dark red to auburn and even a faint strawberry blonde - grants it the appearance of licking whorls of flame..

hairflip
    You flip your cascading, fiery red curls back casually.

Oh yes.

• I would like to rave about @Niun. She is precious, and I really hope that she (you if you're on here!) stick around forever. I don't care that all the questions are asked, because I've had fun answering and spending time doing something that's not paperwork or shop related. What started off as "RAWR, let's go look at wigs" kind of greeting, tonight has been fun :)

Also, @Vasilissa, another awesomesauce new person lately! And this one is in my guild, wheee.

Just Glom in general, too.

Wooooooo.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Rave for getting neat topics for the auction. Especially the minor giggle moment of reading the request from @Daraius and realizing that I had written one of the options a week ago and that it was sitting somewhere in the middle of my to-edit pile. The other option is more interesting so he's getting that, but I'm very amused at the option of lazying it up on that one.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey, I only paid 25k. I expected I'd get the discount study.  :P

(Also I had a feeling you were sitting on at least an outline for something like my second option)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @vivet is the reason I've managed to complete most of my curios. She's pretty fab!

• Lavinya said:
    @vivet is the reason I've managed to complete most of my curios. She's pretty fab!
    ^^ Definitely. The only reason I am a riot gnnnnome is because of her. <3@Vivet
  • Coins still show up but they're way easier to gag.
  • Half asleep, but still, RP with unfamiliar Divine. :x

@Isune‌ !
    When all that hard work grinding grinding pays off.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It was a good run, only a matter of time before we were overtaken.

The swift rise and gradual fall of a great family!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Nott‌ you are the bomb-diggity
  • A gentle, feminine voice brushes past your ears, "Nott. You impress Me."

B-)
    Raves for the Cacophony for being entertaining and fun to joke around with. I'm highly disappointed Llandros didn't give us that haiku, however, raves all the same.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm a little late to the party, but

Rave for @Lavinya and @Leolamins. The d'Murani family for the longest time was really just us 3, no one else was really active. An occasional Melville, Veracruz, or for a time, Thoros and Shikha, kept things entertaining.

Lavinya deserves most of the praise, not only for a lot of hard work, but it's her endearing personality that draws in the crowd.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Lavinya said:
    Raves for the Cacophony for being entertaining and fun to joke around with. I'm highly disappointed Llandros didn't give us that haiku, however, raves all the same.
    I have been having a lot of fun with the Cacophony guild lately. 

You guys/gals have been a great mix of ic bards who have austere shenanigans with life or death consequences, ooc sillyness and hilarious miss aethers when the two cross. 

Also, Lavinya and I got the same score in the anniversary quiz. Yep that's right, the gods themselves have proven that I am just as smart as Lavinya. (pretend that was a haiku!)

Also, Lavinya and I got the same score in the anniversary quiz. Yep that's right, the gods themselves have proven that I am just as smart as Lavinya. (pretend that was a haiku!)
    That's right, you suck. Raves for the Cacophony  minus Llandros. [-(

• Big thanks to @Xenthos, @Corissai and @Vumiri for joining me for a spot of tea, I say, what? I have never felt so delightfully British.

Retired.
    edited October 2014
    "A howling wolf origami twitches slightly in your hands, waiting to be opened."

Did I get another of my ideas implemented or have I just never noticed this? Either way, :x

Also:

"This relatively simple, yet generously deep goblet has been filled to
    the brim with colourful pearls of ice cream. Ranging in size from that
    of a pinhead to a grain of sand, the beads are indeed tiny miracles of
    whimsy and gastronomy. An extra-long spoon balances comfortably across
    the rim of the goblet."

Dippin' Dots now available at Golden Serenity Teahouse.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    the beads are indeed tiny miracles of whimsy and gastronomy. 
    I don't mean to nitpick, but doesn't that count as assuming people's feelings about something? Looking at that, I'd probably think 'how time consuming'
    Retired.
    Haezon said:
    Daraius said:
    the beads are indeed tiny miracles of whimsy and gastronomy. 
    I don't mean to nitpick, but doesn't that count as assuming people's feelings about something? Looking at that, I'd probably think 'how time consuming'
    Obviously you haven't paid attention to the majority of consume messages on food. You can go from eating like a pig to picking like a bird to having juices on your chin, crumbs on your face, and tossing aside the cutlery and then setting it down neatly, in just a few meals. The quoted design has -nothing- on most designs out there.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Also, even if what you're eating is supposed to be hideous and repugnant, everyone watching you eat it has a high chance of seeing you eat it with "obvious gusto".

It's really, really hard to try to write for food without imposing feelings on the consumer. Especially the consume desc. I recall doing my damnedest to not when I first started trying to design food items, only to notice basically all the designs in existence otherwise disregarded this, and said, "Oh well".

I think this is the reason food items seem to be allowed to slide more frequently on this point.

Hey I didn't design it, I just found it in the freezer case when I checked the shop log. My first food design will be Maellio's moose sandwich.
    I used to make cakes.

This discussion has been closed.