Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I really, really love the visions I get when I illdrain. What do they mean?!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Every time you illdrain something, you're absorbing part of its soul. You are no longer soulless; instead, you are The Illithoid Formerly Known as Soulless.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Or, every time they illdrain, some of that ego is forwarded through the psychic link to Illith, who will reawaken.
  • Snow phoenix is so pretty.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • After tons of pestering questions I feel I may now be a semi-capable influencer! <:-P
  • edited October 2014
    I log in today and see that somehow, *SOMEHOW* Hallifax now owns Angkrag. Why did no one rave about this yet? Can I rave about it even though I wasn't there? This is just... really bizarre.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    I log in today and see that somehow, *SOMEHOW* Hallifax now owns Ixthiaxa. Why did no one rave about this yet? Can I rave about it even though I wasn't there? This is just... really bizarre.
    Celest owns it, actually. Even more bizarre, really, considering it's full of Illithoid and slaves. And you can't replace them like in Angkrag.
    Retired.
  • Why'd I say Ixthiaxa... I meant Angkrag. :\">
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Haezon said:

Kiradawea said:

I log in today and see that somehow, *SOMEHOW* Hallifax now owns Ixthiaxa. Why did no one rave about this yet? Can I rave about it even though I wasn't there? This is just... really bizarre.

Celest owns it, actually. Even more bizarre, really, considering it's full of Illithoid and slaves. And you can't replace them like in Angkrag.

Glomdoring has had Ptoma before. It happens.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The Year In Review is going to be so long. :-S
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Haezon said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Celest is mostly taking it to deny it to Glomdoring/Magnagora. AFIK, we don't actually have any real idea what to do with it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2014
    I didn't want to rave about it because people (well, just one person in particular, but a lot) were acting really sour about our taking of Angkrag.

As if they wouldn't do the same sweep of the Mountain villages in our position. :-/

Also, I wasn't going to say anything, but since Iytha revealed it, those Market tells worked. I don't know who and I wouldn't say if I knew! inb4 this information is metagamed and Glom goes on a witchhunt for the giver.

• Maligorn said:
    I didn't want to rave about it because people (well, just one person in particular, but a lot) were acting really sour about our taking of Angkrag.

As if they wouldn't do the same sweep of the Mountain villages in our position. :-/

Also, I wasn't going to say anything, but since Iytha revealed it, those Market tells worked. I don't know who and I wouldn't say if I knew! inb4 this information is metagamed and Glom goes on a witchhunt for the giver.
    It was clearly Neos.
  • Maligorn said:

Yeah, because you guys have been -so- subtle about it in-game.

Retired.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If you announce something on the forums, you can then say it is metagamed even if the information is already known in-character.  Didn't you know?
  • I'll try not to take Arcanis's understanding as word from now on. He seemed to believe it was impossible that such could be propagated :P

• Xenthos said:
    If you announce something on the forums, you can then say it is metagamed even if the information is already known in-character.  Didn't you know?
    That's BS.
    Retired.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    I'll try not to take Arcanis's understanding as word from now on. He seemed to believe it was impossible that such could be propagated :P
    That's probably a good idea.

Haezon said:
    Xenthos said:
    That's BS.
    You're right.  I doubt it was intended that way by Maligorn here, but there has been a history of others doing such things (essentially throwing other characters / players under the bus and then accusing the other side of metagaming, even when action was already being taken when the post was first made).  The "didn't you know?" implies that I do not take the statement seriously. ;)

In the end, if it's something that can get someone else in trouble by being metagamed, it's probably best not to put it on the forums in the first place.  Just let things play out as they were going to, and then you can be safe in the knowledge that there was no metagaming going on based on your comments (or rather, lack thereof). :)
  • edited October 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Maligorn said:
    I'll try not to take Arcanis's understanding as word from now on. He seemed to believe it was impossible that such could be propagated :P
    That's probably a good idea.

Haezon said:
    Xenthos said:
    That's BS.
    You're right.  I doubt it was intended that way by Maligorn here, but there has been a history of others doing such things (essentially throwing other characters / players under the bus and then accusing the other side of metagaming, even when action was already being taken when the post was first made).  The "didn't you know?" implies that I do not take the statement seriously. ;)

In the end, if it's something that can get someone else in trouble by being metagamed, it's probably best not to put it on the forums in the first place.  Just let things play out as they were going to, and then you can be safe in the knowledge that there was no metagaming going on based on your comments (or rather, lack thereof). :)
    But is metagaming taken seriously by the admin? Like, a serious offence, or is it just something best not be accused of. If the admin don't bother, then they can claim all they want, the blatantness is there.
    Retired.
    Whoa, whoa. Why don't we just take this to raids, kids.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited October 2014
    Ssaliss said:
    Maligorn said:

It was clearly Neos.
    I knew it!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

• Neos said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Maligorn said:

It was clearly Neos.
    ;I knew it!
    We all knew you'd do something dastardly sooner or later.
  • Um RAVES for people who can actually keep IC and OOC feelings separate :-bd

It's true, I really am you.
  • Raves to @Zyphora for being the best advocate and supporter that any playwright could possibly ask for. Maybe now she'll believe me when I keep telling her what a fabulous Minister of Cultural Affairs she'd make. :)
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • edited October 2014
    Double post

It's true, I really am you.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I am back for the next few weeks to get me some Glom love. Said love includes: Vira love. Milo love. Ingwe love. Getting CL. Raising myself to VA. Writing a long-winded post about betrayals and weaknesses and the like before retiring to Gaudiguch. So, hi!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.