Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The Charites are officially my second favorite divine-type person, right below Isune and right above Fain.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    The Charites are officially my second favorite divine-type person, right below Isune and right above Fain.
    Poor Fain, probably weeping under His mask now. Look what you've done D:
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    What Fain doesn't know can't kill me X_X
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Selenity transfers neatly-parted green hair to you.

Squee!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shoutout to @Selenity for being a generally awesome person and giving me hope for Serenwilde! <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Xeria, for that brief little exchange.

I love that sort of conflict. I thrive on it, as a player.

But I can't tell if you were avoiding it on an OOC or IC level. IC could be fun. ;)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • @Riluna OOC and IC.. I have no stomach for that kind of conflict anymore. While I was talking to you, as a player I was screaming at you in my head. "YOU DENSE *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED*" 

There's a little too much drama flying around for my liking. what you saw as a tail end of a harrassment campaign conducted by persons unknown against me. I don't know why and how but I'd cheerfully strangle 'em all through the internet if I could. Quit messing with my ability to play the game thanks. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited November 2014
    Xeria said:
    @Riluna OOC and IC.. I have no stomach for that kind of conflict anymore. While I was talking to you, as a player I was screaming at you in my head. "YOU DENSE *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED*" 

There's a little too much drama flying around for my liking. what you saw as a tail end of a harrassment campaign conducted by persons unknown against me. I don't know why and how but I'd cheerfully strangle 'em all through the internet if I could. Quit messing with my ability to play the game thanks.
    Yeah, I was a little worried about that, from the way you were acting. But it's nothing personal! I actually love you OOC as much as Ril hates you IG. Try not to take it personal? It's all between them. I'd actually love it even more if you came up with some nasty things to spit right back. ;)

Honestly, I don't think there's enough drama around these parts. Lusty feels dead to me since coming back.

EDIT: quoting issues

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • @Riluna nope I can't. Xeria would be promptly booted out of the forest, shofa taken away and hunted down as a rouge.

Class changes are not an option. 

@Drakius hrm, I'll take your advice, in a few days, I think. 
    is dead like the dodo
    #popcorn
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Rave @Riluna for being interested Qistrel's entire life story for some reason I can't quite fathom.

Qistrel totally didn't think you were interested in her at all. Nope. Definitly not.

• @Riluna No. 
    is dead like the dodo
    edited November 2014
    Dealing with someone like that right now.

If I'm trying to help you, don't treat me badly like I'm trying to be better than you. I take stuff personally too often, but even I know when to step back
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited November 2014
    I don't disagree, but that is a lot harder for anyone to gauge than a person looking after their own interests and knowing when to disengage (or send a polite ooc - this is getting a bit much for me, can we step back a notch - type of tell). Some people will, at a single slightly negative tell, turn to snub and hate that character/player forever. Others will leap into it and happily engage in more in-depth conflict. But there is not really a way to tell unless you have ooc contact with a person, if they're loving it or are secretly wishing you would just go away forever.

Admittedly, I will often send little ooc tells to reassure people that it's not personal, just rp or thank them for letting Lavy be awful, because I enjoy having someone push back against her. I really really need a nemesis. I'm starting to think that I might need to meet Riluna ICly. Plot plot.

Anyway. Yes. Rpers should be careful on both counts, but we can still not control how others treat us, only how we react.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lavinya said:
    I don't disagree, but that is a lot harder for anyone to gauge than a person looking after their own interests and knowing when to disengage (or send a polite ooc - this is getting a bit much for me, can we step back a notch - type of tell). Some people will, at a single slightly negative tell, turn to snub and hate that character/player forever. Others will leap into it and happily engage in more in-depth conflict. But there is not really a way to tell unless you have ooc contact with a person, if they're loving it or are secretly wishing you would just go away forever.

Admittedly, I will often send little ooc tells to reassure people that it's not personal, just rp or thank them for letting Lavy be awful, because I enjoy having someone push back against her. I really really need a nemesis. I'm starting to think that I might need to meet Riluna ICly. Plot plot.

Anyway. Yes. Rpers should be careful on both counts, but we can still not control how others treat us, only how we react.
    That's what I forgot to do after we talked. /snub Lavinya
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Lavinya said:

Fo sho, I really liked it when I sent Leolamins his head in a letter and he sent me an (OOC) tell about how he thought it was cool. I know there's this big (totally correct) thing about keeping IC and OOC separate, but it's good to check in OOC every once and a while, even for (perhaps especially for) good RP.
  • edited November 2014
    Isn't the friction and drama supposed to be between orgs, not within an org?  I guess magnagora trying to take over all the other cities has played itself out and nobody else has picked up the slack?

-- Time to activate the glomdoring sleeper cells I think...
  • Glom doesn't have sleeper cells
    If it does...y'all need to come out
    The playa you love to hate
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Darvellan for saying hello and making my night by doing so. Was legit nervous/scared since the things I've been hearing outside my house have been... violent, given the ruling that was given in the US today (no, I don't live there), but somehow, that little sprinkle of RP with Darvellan calmed me enough to feel ready for bed.

Thanks Darv. You made my evening. <3
  • Daganev said:
    Isn't the friction and drama supposed to be between orgs, not within an org?  I guess magnagora trying to take over all the other cities has played itself out and nobody else has picked up the slack?

-- Time to activate the glomdoring sleeper cells I think…
    Silly @Daganev there are no sleeper cells.

Retired.
This discussion has been closed.