Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wouldn't you technically be zoned for business?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Wouldn't you technically be zoned for business?
    Given the legal basis of the Sentinels is a contract with the Skylark Company, it could be argued that their guildhall is service infrastructure why am I arguing this?

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited January 2015
    Because. Glomdoring already has a furrikin for a guildhall. Why shouldn't Hallifax get one?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Look, I'm just saying that you're already zoned for what you're wanting to rezone yourself as. I'm saving you paperwork!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Message #3127 sent by (system) (received: 2015/01/20 22:43:24)
       Your design #20358 of from upland to marshland was approved.

Message #3128 sent by (system) (received: 2015/01/20 22:43:46)
       Your design #20727 of a flowing waterfall was approved.

I submitted these designs over six months ago. Nice to see that they're finally approved. And just in time for Beauty.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited January 2015
    Sorry :(

I kinda don't play that character often, so I didn't realise they had been rejected.
  • Are those origami, or did we get the ability to do paintings..?
  • Probably tattoos.
    They're tattoos. Kira did an utterly amazing full set of tattoos featuring natural scenes, and they all generally flow into one another.
  • Yeah they're tattoos. I made a full body set of tattoos, because I'm really freakin' vain. Those two are gut and back designs. And no worries Shaddus. I should've been prodding more about them more often.
  • Altrea said:
    So much love to whichever admin is controlling the moo at the Eternal Flame.

EDIT: Moos. Plural.
    EDIT2: And the chicken! Chickens and moos!!
    EDIT3: Screw this city business. Level it all. We're starting a farm!
    EDIT4: It is decided. Templar Pyramid is now the Templar Petting Zoo. Hardari can tend to the animals.
    Ixchilgal tells you, "((Please, please, please have a talking pig in there, and the zookeeper named George. I don't know why this is so important to me.))"

EDIT5: A small, mottled pig exclaims, "My name is George!"
    EDIT6: Okay, that was an elephant. I don't think the Templar pyramid will be big enough for this.
    EDIT7: And that was a pink elephant. Huh.
    I've never had so much fun joining a city! (sorry to Celest and Serenwilde for my brief visits, it took me a while to figure out where I wanted Talenel to be)
    Repeating Altrea's rave.

Also a rave for the lovely @Charites‌ and a message I had to read four times before I understood it.
    edited January 2015
    (Turn your sarcasm meters on!)

I rave that I have to have an IC reason to make designs with divine symbols. I love that I have to break rp and pull semi-inactive characters out of their manses to ask gods to use their symbols when said character doesn't even get spoken to by their -own- god.

(Ok, you can turn the meter off)

Why can't gods just judge the design as "good enough and fitting for my glory" or "complete trash, I'm not letting them use my symbol for that ----ZAPzapZAP"? Ugh.

#bringbackrants
  • Shaddus said:
    (Turn your sarcasm meters on!) I rave that I have to have an IC reason to make designs with divine symbols. I love that I have to break rp and pull semi-inactive characters out of their manses to ask gods to use their symbols when said character doesn't even get spoken to by their -own- god. (Ok, you can turn the meter off) Why can't gods just judge the design as "good enough and fitting for my glory" or "complete trash, I'm not letting them use my symbol for that ----ZAPzapZAP"? Ugh. #bringbackrants
    Not-so-cleverly disguised rants are not raves. 

It is every God's prerogative to decide how, where, and by whom their symbols are utilized in designs. If you disapprove of their choice in the matter, you are free to bring it up to them or their order and state your case.
    Sorry, guys. It seems I've received a warning for bad feelings. I'll be in my corner.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Amazing people in the Spiritsingers. Also, the discovery that I can offer a runed miniature and have it remain a miniature. Aww yis. Essence generation ++ for Darvellan. :D

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Taking hold of Shanth's Bone Wand of Celestial War, you wave it through the air, marking out lines 
    of power with precision.
    The temperature around you stabilises some, protecting you from the ravages of the weather.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh I also want to issue raves for @Arien, who not only kickstarted my unenemying, but also very graciously allowed me to pick up a ball I dropped pretty hard a while ago.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lavinya said:

Daraius said:
    Oh I also want to issue raves for @Arien, who not only kickstarted my unenemying, but also very graciously allowed me to pick up a ball I dropped pretty hard a while ago.
    Are you saying Arien taught you how to fetch?
    Aww, you both are so sassy. I will just rave for both of you.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's so fetch.
  • Minstrels are pretty cool! When my mentor logs in I have  parody I made that I love. (Gaudiguch is going to be rickrolled.)
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Enyalida said:
    That's so fetch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.