Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Viscanti are jealous of literally everyone, in every spec *and* unspecced.

Don't have to say it, it's just a sad fact of life.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    ALL US BIRDS ARE PRETTY.

*preen preen*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's not my name.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Marcella said:

Viscanti are jealous of literally everyone, in every spec *and* unspecced.

Don't have to say it, it's just a sad fact of life.
    Well, that taint.. improving things so much.... :-/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Viscanti and Dracnari sit in a corner and cry together. Poor dears
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Silea said:

Viscanti and Dracnari sit in a corner and cry together. Poor dears

What in the world for? I run unspecced dracnari quite often. Mage-specced drac has absolutely awesome stats. I'll take it over lucidian in a heartbeat.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Stop crying Dracnari. Here is the sight of a Gaudiguch monk eating a butterfly.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Wah wah my spec sucks grass is greener
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm mad because I can't aeon lock people like Symphonium can. #forumsrp
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • it's pretty much an objective fact how much viscanti suck unfortunately
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Let's compare Irontongue Viscanti with every other spec bard race and see who is the gimp of the group. I get more CHA as a brewmeister dwarf, for goodness sake.

That said, if you're using your chord or minorsecond for damage kills (the only meaningful thing that scales to charisma) you're doing something very very wrong. Bashing totally sucks though.
  • Marcella said:

Viscanti are jealous of literally everyone, in every spec *and* unspecced.

Don't have to say it, it's just a sad fact of life. taint.
    ftfy

Dunno what Enyalida is going on about but minorseconds and xchords are great.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I distinctly remember @Enyalida complaining about a minorsecond with jealousy doing 3k compared to it's usual 2k damage to her. 2k is pretty great for any damage attack

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Let's not forget dischordantchord people. It's certainly my more viable method of tearing people apart with damage, and yep, it's magical (charisma).

• How the hell are you sticking bard affs without octave working?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Octave is working, or it was. It's just that steam is on a separate balance to earwort so technically one can become deaf and cure an auric at the same time (where before herb balance was needed after eating earwort first). Last Llandros and I tested aurics in octave still couldn't be cured unless the person was deaf, but if this is not still the case someone please enlighten me, as granted that was a few weeks ago now.

If you're using dchord in groups, you have a pretty locked down opponent (and arguably, you should be minorsixthing instead).

Jealousy is a bad mechanic, that uniquely punishes people for using love in a way they can do nothing about, and in a manner that encourages bards to use fewer of their skills, which is poor design.

It's like playing a low int druid: Totally possible. Still sucks, and your'e going to have a bad time bashing to demigod+... but after that, the extra damage is totally gratuitous and unnecessary: all of your core class strategies are aff based. That race choice is being decided on the basis of which makes damage spamming in combat better is a flaw, not a good thing. 
  • En sempre! You nod your head as the maestoso completes itself in a reverberating harmonic unity.**
    8025h, 7524m, 6349e, 7p, 27900en, 23398w Belrx-*t me
    *o3
    enemy Me
    sm clear
    sm add free discern Me
    stratagem add play tritone Me
    I don't recognize that name as one of an existing player.
    8025h, 7524m, 6349e, 8p, 27900en, 23398w Belrx-
    You clear your mind, no longer preparing to act.
    8025h, 7524m, 6349e, 8p, 27900en, 23398w Belrx-
    You build upon your stratagem, adding action one as: DISCERN ME.
    You execute your stratagem.
    Ciaran stares at you with a burning intensity.
    Ciaran's health stands at 8025/8025.
    Ciaran's mana stands at 7274/6732.
    Ciaran's ego stands at 6349/5940.
    Ciaran's power stands at 8/10.
    8025h, 7274m, 6349e, 8p, 27900en, 23388w Belrx-(-250m, 3.7%) 
    You build upon your stratagem, adding action one as: PLAY TRITONE ME.
    You execute your stratagem.
    Ciaran plays a hekoskeri-shaped mandolin and directs the ominous notes towards you.
    Your head begins throbbing to the beat of the ominous noise.*
    An ominous noise penetrates your mind.
    You are afflicted with manabarbs.
    8025h, 7274m, 6178e, 8p, 27890en, 23358w Blrx-*(smoke 41731)(-171e, 2.9%) 
    You take a long drag off a splintered bone pipe.
    A strange vibration prevents you from healing auric ailments.
    An ominous noise lifts from within your mind.
    You have cured manabarbs. (0.21s)
    8025h, 7274m, 6178e, 8p, 27890en, 23358w Blrx-
    You may take another puff of soothing steam.

Am I missing something here?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Raves for House Pavok's naming conventions, as told by @Portius.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Blame namegen. Blame Phoebus and someone recent who is not me but I forget who it was playing with namegen.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah. Both those names were genuinely produced by namgen for lucidian male/female. It only makes it that much better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yeah, octave isn't working currently, but it's been brought up and bugged

I still don't see how minorsecond damage in the 2k range is doing something wrong. People complain about destruction and it typically does less. 

and jealousy doesn't punish people, it trades off increased damage for not being hit by the passive song effects that you, @Enyalida, were trying to argue are sooo important to bard combat. It also makes using love potion and lusting a risk.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • A risk to Dramaturgists, which is Celest and Hallifax only basically.

:?.

• You examine a sixth pinch of powdered chocolate curio piece of the Chocolate 

Bottle Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to a partial chocolate 

bottle curio piece of the Chocolate Bottle Curio Set. A brief flash of light 

reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing a bottle of

powdered chocolate.

You sprinkle a bottle of powdered chocolate over a slice of double-kafet whiskey

gateau, which glows and then transforms into a chocolate bar.

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Irillia said:

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #467 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ieptix the Anomaly                  Date: 2015-01-31 06:39:54

o Those performing Hallifax's power quest will now find the spheres
       targetable by colour.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Possibly the best changelog ever...for Hallifaxians, anyway. Especially the novices and power-gatherers. Thank you, @Ieptix!
    Aruin said:

Spheres can be targeted by colour! In Hallifax's power quest! This is now a thing! Thank you @Ieptix!

This is awesome. That has been a request/question for as long as I can remember playing in Hallifax. This must be amazing for blind players too. Thank you, @Ieptix!

This discussion has been closed.