Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2015
    Lerad said:
    Kiradawea said:

Aestra, the golden pegasus blinks rapidly as she is handed the Shield of Brilliance, the magical transfixing binding her breaking.

..?

What does "binding her breaking" mean? Is her "breaking" being bound by the magical transfixing? Or is "breaking" a verb, to mean the "binding" is being broken?

It's an awkward phrasing, but the magical transfixing that is binding Aestra was broken.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ahh, I see it now. The magical binding that was transfixing her was breaking.

I was reading it as "magical transfixing", therefore the "binding" got thrown out of the relationship. Shouldn't be reading forums after a run at midnight. Thanks.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well that language could use some work. It's a bit of a garden path sentence.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Raves for @Rheatsis - yay for family! and @Yarith - you are super entertaining to RP with. Also @Everiine for that long discussion we had, and raves for whoever approved my mask designed so quickly. It was like magic!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lerad said:
    Kiradawea said:

Aestra, the golden pegasus blinks rapidly as she is handed the Shield of Brilliance, the magical transfixing binding her breaking.

..?

What does "binding her breaking" mean? Is her "breaking" being bound by the magical transfixing? Or is "breaking" a verb, to mean the "binding" is being broken?
    I think it means... The magical transfixing that binds her breaking. It's an unwieldy sentence. Could easily have gone with "The magical bonds holding her breaking"

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Should be "Aestra, the golden pegasus blinks rapidly as she is handed the Shield of Brilliance, breaking the magical transfixation binding her."
    Iytha said:
    Should be "Aestra, the golden pegasus blinks rapidly as she is handed the Shield of Brilliance, breaking the magical transfixation binding her."

transfixation

[-fiksā′shən]
    a surgical procedure in which, in an amputation, the soft tissues are cut through from one side to the other, close to the bone. The muscles are then divided from within outward.

Probably not.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Iytha said:

Should be "Aestra, the golden pegasus blinks
    rapidly as she is handed the Shield of Brilliance, breaking the magical
    transfixation binding her."

You could, but then it sounds like the blinking is breaking the transfixation.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How about "Aestra is handed the Shield of Brilliance, and she blinks as the magic transfixing her is broken."
  • edited January 2015
    Just the right size to slide easily in and out of one's pocket, this booklet is perfect for on-the-go reading. The cover is made of several layers of thick paper which have been pressed and glued together to form a stiff, but flexible, material which has been covered in delicately worked, dark grey calfskin. The stiffness protects the pages within while the flexibility allows the booklet to more comfortably fit within a pocket. The pages themselves are made of sturdy paper sheets, pressed to produce very little tooth and edged with wax to protect the booklet's contents from the elements. The booklet's title as well as the author's name has been tooled into the leather of the front cover and again along the spine.
    It is entitled "The Moonhart Leaflet - Issue One" and the author is listed as being Librarian Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope. It is written in the common tongue. It is sealed and cannot be copied or translated.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Kyair.
    It has the following aliases: booklet, book.

Yay, the first issue of "The Moonhart Leaflet" is complete! :D
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    edited January 2015
    Is it a Year In Review!? (awesome name, btw)
    I used to make cakes.

• I also feel like you could have a distribution when you change Seren laws called the 'Sacred Leaflet'. >.>
  • Daraius said:
    Is it a Year In Review!? (awesome name, btw)
    It *was* going to have a Year in Review, but personal issues popped up and our author was unable to provide it for the issue, which is perfectly fine and understandable.  Maybe next one!  There IS however, a "Notable Persons of Serenwilde" elite-type-list-thing.  Here's a table of contents sneak peek.

=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

THE MOONHART LEAFLET - [ISSUE ONE]

"A semi-regularly published publication."

Est. Roarkian, 403 CE by Gabriella Talnara.

=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Page 2 - Foreword - A brief introduction.

Page 3 - Calling all Persons of Great Note:
             See if you made the current list of Serenwilde's Elite!

Page 4 - Sensational Selenity's Astrological Signs - which are you?
             Find your love horoscope!

Page 5 - An interlude with Seneschal Niina Yfae'dren:
             Your questions, her answers!

Page 6 - Letters to The Librarian
             You asked, and Gabriella answered!

Page 7 - Wise Old Everiine's Almanack
             A moral for your weather patterns.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Aerotan said:
    I also feel like you could have a distribution when you change Seren laws called the 'Sacred Leaflet'. >.>
    What's that about?  I gotta investigate it would seem!
    --------
    --------
  • The common name for the laws of Serenwilde is "The Sacred Leaves" I was just providing a punny name for something like certain companies do when they change policies and send out a flier highlighting that change.
    I love it, and I love that you got other people involved. I have some trouble with that, but I should take an opportunity to rave for @Aruin, my new Village and Aetherspace correspondent. 
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    I love it, and I love that you got other people involved. I have some trouble with that, but I should take an opportunity to rave for @Aruin, my new Village and Aetherspace correspondent. 
    I can head the combat section... (sports section in RL newspapers, pretty much, heh)

• Pow pow.
    The playa you love to hate
    edited January 2015
    That's so mean.

"So-called annual report" is very fitting, though, given my tendency to procrastinate. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• edited January 2015
    Daraius said:
    That's so mean.

"So-called annual report" is very fitting, though, given my tendency to procrastinate. :D
    I couldn't help myself! I loved reading the snippets @Isune showed me, and hoped that Serenwilde would eventually do something similar. It's really great, @Gabriella! The contributors did an excellent job, too! I especially liked the almanac ( @everiine ) and the love horoscopes ( @selenity )!
  • Hey, if you all want me to come back and start it up again...
  • edited January 2015
     Lisaera, thank you for putting up with me!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
    Shots fired!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aerotan said:
    Shaddus said:
    Kelly passes the domoth to Saoirse, who has it stripped by Shuyin before he's flagged by Asula with a Judgement! Where's this domoth going to end up?!?!?!
    But what's this!? VIYNAIN has taken possession! He's being backed by Xenthos who's gusting all comers out of the room! This is un-be-lievable folks!
    (Squall)
  • I figured you'd do it with an enchanted ring. JUST to be more of a badass when the dust settled. :P
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aerotan said:
    I figured you'd do it with an enchanted ring. JUST to be more of a badass when the dust settled. :P
    Rings are so common; I venture out with a Fan of Storms.  It whirls quite nicely, too.
This discussion has been closed.