Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2015
    Zitto said:

Today I saw Manteekan spin around in a Hallifax swivel chair.  This is perhaps the apex of my Lusternia experience, and I would be all about this as an Artisanal if I could draw things not stick figures.

He has this The Joker vibe. The best thing about Manty is how his addition to the Glomdoring pantheon brings a whole new dimension to the Wyrden Pantheon. I look forward to how him and his order plays out! Before, Glom gods were considered "serious" but now we have:

- the quiet, artistic, dee, introspective (did I mention quiet? )god
    - the tattooed quiet McSteamy god PS stay away from his sister
    - the lolita boss Lady with a scythe PS stay away from her brother
    - the creepy, fun, psychotic(in a way) cloud god of ice

We just need a fourth circle artist/singer or maaaaaaybe a primal god/third circle god and the everything will be perfect(er).

Also, this is @Manteekan plotting against the Triumvirate:

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've been instructed to inform all the loboshigaru brethren I know of two new racial emotes!

whiskerdroop
    Untargeted:
       1st Person: Your whiskers droop slightly as a soft, disconcerted growl rumbles in your
                   chest.
       3rd Person: Daraius's whiskers droop slightly as a soft, disconcerted growl rumbles in his
                   chest.

Targetted:
       1st Person: You turn to look at Iosai, your whiskers drooping as a soft, disconcerted growl
                   rumbles in your chest.
       2nd Person: Daraius turns to look at you, his whiskers drooping as a soft, disconcerted
                   growl rumbles in his chest.
       3rd Person: Daraius turns to look at Iosai, his whiskers drooping as a soft, disconcerted
                   growl rumbles in his chest.

Posed:
             Pose: Daraius stands here, his whiskers drooping disconcertingly.
    Targeted Pose: Daraius stands here looking at Iosai, his whiskers drooping disconcertingly.

swivelears

Untargeted:
       1st Person: You swivel your ears about, trying to focus on some errant sound.
       3rd Person: Daraius swivels his ears about, trying to focus on some errant sound.

Targetted:
       1st Person: You swivel your ears towards Iosai, listening with rapt attention.
       2nd Person: Daraius swivels his ears towards you, listening with rapt attention.
       3rd Person: Daraius swivels his ears towards Iosai, listening with rapt attention.

(I like this one because basically Someone noticed and lifted my custom emote - You have emoted: Daraius swivels his ears about, focusing on some errant sound.)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    They need a quizzical cocking of their head emote!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited May 2015
    lobogreat -

Untargeted:
       1st Person: You beam broadly as you hyperactively proclaim how amasing the topic of conversation is.
       3rd Person: With a broad smile, Daraius quickly fires off a large string of adjectives on how amasing the current topic of conversation is.

Targetted:
       1st Person: Beaming broadly, you turn to Iosai and quip one adjective after another, barely containing your excitement at Her words.
       2nd Person: Smiling broadly, Daraius turns to you and quickly quips one adjective after the other, visibly shaking with excitement at the amasement your words held.
       3rd Person: Turning in Iosai's direction, Daraius beams broadly and visibly shakes with excitement as he fires off one adjective after the other about how amasing Her words are.

Posed:
             Pose: Daraius stands here with a wide, open grin on his face, beaming at all who enter.
    Targeted Pose: Daraius stands here beaming at Iosai with a wide, open grin.

Wow, great syntax, much emote, very lobo.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Ushaara said:

They need a quizzical cocking of their head emote!

Daraius tilts his head quizzically, causing his ears to flop over adorably.
    I used to make cakes.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited May 2015
    HELP RACIAL EMOTES so needs an update. Also... what happened with CRYSTALAHH?

EDIT: Poking around at EMLIST and with some guesswork, I have discovered the following undocumented racial emotes:

CHITTERAT (Kephera)
    PUFFUP (I'm guessing furrikin)
    PUTTER (Wild guess gnome, could definitely be wrong)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There's an emote thread for this very thing, people :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited May 2015
    Emote thread is for emote ideas, though, not emotes that made it in, isn't it?

EDIT:
    Plus I'd rather see feelgoods about new emotes than vitriol about XYZ newbie-kicking 6 demons, 5 fae, and Raziela then running off to Crumkandivia for the next hour.
  • He means the emote ideas that were posted here.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I don't actually want that, I just wanted to meme Daraius without actually getting that damned dog in here.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    It's eerily similar to another one of my custom emotes so it'll probably be coded in sooner or later. B-)
    I used to make cakes.

• Woo! Got subjects assigned to all the books in the guildhall.

One more thing checked off my List Of Things To Do. B-)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oddly enough, that's on my list of things to do as well, that I inherited from the previous GA.  I really should do some GA things.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Hallifax culture sweep! \o/

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Speaking of culture:

I just published epic number two, epic boogaloo. Most orgs will now have to scroll if they audit publishing.

This epic is near and dear to my heart because I wrote it on a bet that I couldn't do a whole epic to Lusternia level quality in a week. I did five thousand words a day for this thing. I am so sick of poetry now.

But it gets even better! Publishing the twelve books of this epic puts me to exactly one hundred books published. One hundred. That's so many digits of book.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Kalnid said:

Portius said:

five thousand words a day

what the HELL
    I take my wagers seriously and also had nothing to do for a week.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    20 points to House @Manteekan for the interesting help file and even more interesting symbol.

-2 points because I had to look it up and have absolutely no clue how it ties in with his past :P
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You didn't know what the hand of glory is? Pshaw! Or wait... you understand what a flame, and what it means to be extinguished?

It's a traditional weapon of the night, friend to those who stalk in shadows, ally to all who creep in the dark. Also, shows up in Harry Potter briefly.
     It's probably extinguished either because he was caught and exiled - and caught again during the event, or (more likely) because it symbolizes dark power unrealized or made even more subtle. 

I do wonder what it means to be grasping an extinguished... flame. Is it supposed to mean an extinguished candle? Extinguished flame itself (normally) doesn't look like anything at all, it's just empty air. It could be some kind of corpseflame kind of thing.
  • Shaddus said:

20 points to House @Manteekan for the interesting help file and even more interesting symbol.

-2 points because I had to look it up and have absolutely no clue how it ties in with his past :P

You don't read enough fantasy if you don't know what a Hand of Glory is!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Yeah sorry, He straight up told me what it was and I didn't know it was an Actual Thing still.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • edited May 2015
    You didn't know what the hand of glory is? Pshaw! Or wait... you understand what a flame, and what it means to be extinguished?

It's a traditional weapon of the night, friend to those who stalk in shadows, ally to all who creep in the dark. Also, shows up in Harry Potter briefly.
     It's probably extinguished either because he was caught and exiled - and caught again during the event, or (more likely) because it symbolizes dark power unrealized or made even more subtle. 

I do wonder what it means to be grasping an extinguished... flame. Is it supposed to mean an extinguished candle? Extinguished flame itself (normally) doesn't look like anything at all, it's just empty air. It could be some kind of corpseflame kind of thing.
    Shadowfire?

According to Wikipdedia:

[quote]The Hand of Glory is the dried and pickled hand of a man who has been hanged, often specified as being the left (Latin: sinister) hand, or, if the man were hanged for murder, the hand that "did the deed."

Old European beliefs attribute great powers to a Hand of Glory combined with a candle made from fat from the corpse of the same malefactor who died on the gallows. The candle so made, lighted, and placed (as if in a candlestick) in the Hand of Glory, would have rendered motionless all persons to whom it was presented. The process for preparing the hand and the candle are described in 18th century documents, with certain steps disputed due to difficulty in properly translating phrases from that era. The concept inspired short stories and poems in the 19th century.

The term itself derives from the French main de gloire, a corruption of mandragore, the genus of plants commonly called mandrake
    According to old European beliefs, a candle made of the fat from a malefactor who died on the gallows, lighted, and placed (as if in a candlestick) in the Hand of Glory, which comes from the same man as the fat in the candle, this would render motionless all persons to whom it was presented. The method for holding the candle is sketched in Petit Albert. The candle could be put out only with milk. In another version, the hair of the dead man is used as a wick, and the candle would give light only to the holder. The Hand of Glory also purportedly had the power to unlock any door it came across. [/quote]

So, it's the left hand of an hanged murderer, holding a candle made from his own fat(or more rarely hair), in a disputed/uncertain ritual. Which could only be put out with milk and if lit would only give ligh to it's bearer and would also put peoel to sleep and open door.
    IIRC the power of the crime affected teh power of the hand. So a common murderer coudl help with a commoon robbery, but   a Hand of Glory made from Judas Iscariot would let open the vaults of Fort Knox and knock out the entire Fort.

Er, I'll ask in game about how to depict his symbol....

So, an unlit hand is the interpetation I'll go with until corrected.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Siam said:

Zitto said:

Today I saw Manteekan spin around in a Hallifax swivel chair.  This is perhaps the apex of my Lusternia experience, and I would be all about this as an Artisanal if I could draw things not stick figures.

He has this The Joker vibe. The best thing about Manty is how his addition to the Glomdoring pantheon brings a whole new dimension to the Wyrden Pantheon. I look forward to how him and his order plays out! Before, Glom gods were considered "serious" but now we have:

We just need a fourth circle artist/singer or maaaaaaybe a primal god/third circle god and the everything will be perfect(er).

I feel like, from your description, you haven't actually looked at @Nocht. He's the definition of Tall, dark and handsome. *swoon*
  • edited May 2015
    Tau said:

Siam said:

Zitto said:

I feel like, from your description, you haven't actually looked at @Nocht. He's the definition of Tall, dark and handsome. *swoon*
    Yeah, he's the Gothic McDreamy to @Shakiri's McSteamy.....

McGagMe.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I totally did. I just thought McHipsterArtistic was appropriate!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    It's a severed arm holding a candle that's burned out. Everybody chill.

• Shaddus said:

McGagMe.

Cloth(wool, cotton, silk?) or Leather( cow, human, moose, bat....)?
    Please be more specific....

This discussion has been closed.