Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Raves for new Gloms! How exciting. Haven't had this type of influx in ages.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Protip: forcefield doesn't stop bleeding.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The irony is real. Things certainly tend to balance out over time.

Just a week or two ago before the drama happened, I commented to someone about how most active players in Glom were mainly RPers, with barely any combatants.

Just look at the growth!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm pretty sure that @Arcanis at this point is incorrigible. 

It takes some weird ideals to think that chopping elders is more difficult than killing unguarded city mobs.

I don't see @Arcanis attempting to gank large Glom astral bashes by himself, or solo raiding etc.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Ixion said:
    The irony is real. Things certainly tend to balance out over time.

Just a week or two ago before the drama happened, I commented to someone about how most active players in Glom were mainly RPers, with barely any combatants.

Just look at the growth!

What about me?!

• Celina said:
    Ixion said:
     most
  • Celina said:
    Arcanis said:
    Siam said:

I...dont get it...how is killing a mob..in a statue-less inside room...with no guards...very close to a city exit room...payback? Im missing something here. Someone clarify where the badassness is. If it was at least something of importance, then maybe, but im beginning to see Celina is 98% bark, 1 % bite and 1% fleas at this point...

I'd like to see a 1v1 between @Celina and you soon then.

You know I keep hearing of these threats of her 'coming to kill chou' yet I have more deaths to myself than her, as well I am, as even the children of celest can attest, quite active and running around when it seems she either stands at the ravenwood or manse. Should I be standing somewhere with an appointment waiting for her to come and attack me?

btw, if you think 'badassness' comes down to if you can kill a player or not, then you're in for quite the rough surprise soon :*
    Sure! If you'd like to make an appointment I'm fairly flexible. 

Logs. Raves for logs! So many raves.

(Arcanis POV)

Good job on backing our statements that Crowcaw is indeed strong enough as is and needs no buff. Thank you for your input :). I'll see you soon :*

• Lavinya said:
    People leaving without a word or a fuss, no posts, no tantrums, no nothing is hardly a whine fest.

People want a change. This is as good a time as any. Ease up on your hate of everything d'Murani, we're not actually a family in real life, just a bunch of people who play together and mostly enjoy it. (Ok I lied Leolamins and I are technically in the same family IRL, details.)

Can I just say that no one bullied or told you lot to leave. In fact, I later hear from word of mouth that some of you are actually assuming im gunning for you all to leave, Unzareh specifically. So far the 3 d'murani that left, left from their own accorrd. Likely Silvanus was going to be trialed with treason anyway, but the other 2? No idea.

Wont take long
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    RIP Raves.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    NO MERCY IRL.

Okay, back on topic...raves for...uhhhhh....admin overseeing the enovy reports!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Tbh I want people to keep derailing so they can finally open tweets again. For all the hate it gets, at least it's localized hate in one thread that generally didn't spill into raves or quotes. But hey, NO RANTS LUSTY ONLY RAVES.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Raves for Celina backing up her badassery with, "I only need one note to kill you." 

Logs fuel me, more please.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dat F#. Secret green lantern spotted.
  • Arcanis said:

Lavinya said:
    People leaving without a word or a fuss, no posts, no tantrums, no nothing is hardly a whine fest.

People want a change. This is as good a time as any. Ease up on your hate of everything d'Murani, we're not actually a family in real life, just a bunch of people who play together and mostly enjoy it. (Ok I lied Leolamins and I are technically in the same family IRL, details.)

Can I just say that no one bullied or told you lot to leave. In fact, I later hear from word of mouth that some of you are actually assuming im gunning for you all to leave, Unzareh specifically. So far the 3 d'murani that left, left from their own accorrd. Likely Silvanus was going to be trialed with treason anyway, but the other 2? No idea.

Wont take long
    I didn't know you wanted me to leave? Why am I the last to learn these things.
  • Manteekan said:
    Shuyin said:
    Tbh I want people to keep derailing so they can finally open tweets again. For all the hate it gets, at least it's localized hate in one thread that generally didn't spill into raves or quotes. But hey, NO RANTS LUSTY ONLY RAVES.
    I would just like to clarify a few things for everyone:

1. Derailing other threads in hopes that tweets will be opened again is not a wise move. It will only result in other threads being closed.

2. Tweets was not closed because of rants. Rants make for a healthy game. Tweets was closed because forums rules regarding personal attacks were broken. If you can rant without directing unnecessary cruelty to a person, then go right ahead!

3. Feel free to start a new thread for topics that may span over numerous posts! This includes things you may not be happy with -SO LONG AS THEY ARE NOT PERSONAL ATTACKS-

We understand the frustration, and when Tweets is used properly, it is a harmless thread. However, more often than not, it deviates into name-calling and jabs at one another. We also understand that you may not get along with everyone, but that does not need to be shared for the current and potential playerbase to read. 

I love the forums, and I always have. I want good, productive things to come from it. Follow the forum rules and we can still have that.
    To clarify, point 3 was not approving a new tweets thread. It was a suggestion to start a thread for specific topics you wish to discuss. The reopening or allowance of a new Tweets, or Tweets-like thread, is up to the Oneiroi. 
  • Sthai said:

Great interactions lately with @Shedrin, @Sylandra, @Phoebus, and a bunch of other folks. Hallifax consistently has me feeling good about everything Lusternia. <3

I keep missing out on the tea parties because you guys always have them when I'm at work. :(
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Xenthos said:
    He already left Magnagora...
    @Leolamins is a bit slow in his old age. @Lothringen is perving on @Celina from Gaudiguch.

Lavinya said:
    Xenthos said:
    He already left Magnagora...
    @Leolamins is a bit slow in his old age. @Lothringen is perving on @Celina from Gaudiguch.
  • Ixion said:
    Rave to @Ilthilior for being a good sport to a horribly cruel riddle I threw at him. I couldn't stop laughing once he figured it out. Hahahaha.

Sorry not sorry.
    I deserved that, after taking half an hour to figure it out.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Arcanis said:

Lavinya said:

Wont take long

I never said anything of the sort. I'm pretty confident though given your rabid dislike of all of us that you must be leaping out of your socks with joy. Unless you're going to miss Silvanus? I miss him too.

Also thank you for pointing out that people were pushing to see Silvanus tried as a traitor, no we didn't just make that up. Why would a long serving 3 time (or was it 4?) Warlord and former vernal ascendant want to stick around for that circus? It's not everyone's idea of fun.

My rave? Politics is such a huge tangle right now. Absolute mess, very few clearcut lines. It's frustrating but I actually think it's really interesting and opens the way for so many possibilities that the old us vs them hate hate hate ever did. It was boring and predictable. This is all new, shaky ground.

• Salome said:
    I've been doing a lot of writing lately while working on Titan, and I've realized that this play I'm writing is over 25 pages long in a word document. I hope it isn't too long. D:

I wish I had that problem. I can't even write one page for a play! I'm sure it'll work out~
  • Daraius said:
    Omg don't write it in Word or it will be a nightmare transcribing it to a format the game can accept. 
    I actually have it in notepad! Never fear! I was just checking length. :3
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

• Unzareh said:
    Salome said:
    I've been doing a lot of writing lately while working on Titan, and I've realized that this play I'm writing is over 25 pages long in a word document. I hope it isn't too long. D:

I wish I had that problem. I can't even write one page for a play! I'm sure it'll work out~
    @Unzareh Get the right music for your atmosphere and just flow it out. Take at least ten or five minutes breaks in between. :)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
This discussion has been closed.