Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Teahouse chat 2x combo!! Cheer @Sedanas and @Maligorn.

But holy shit it's 3:00 am. -.-
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • A bashing trip ended up being an rp trip. No complaints, @Corissai :D

• Shuyin said:
    Did you know Achaea has a part of their forums specifically for rants? It seems to work for them. And let's just say Achaea has way more things to get salty about compared to quiet, peaceful Lusternia.

If you cordoned off the bad stuff, put it deep inside the forums within subforums (like where mechanics, q&a, etc) and installed a reputation/post count quota before you can even view/post, I don't see the harm in letting people vent their frustrations from the game. I think it's healthy (certainly more healthy than GTFO post on facebook). Shows people that they care.

Of course, no personal attacks/threats/etc etc but still, you guys should just let people grow thicker skin sometimes and not rush to delete entire pages of replies because someone was offended. It wouldn't even bother me if you just deleted the offending post, but you guys have historically been shown to remove entire well-reasoned debates that stem from someone "ranting".

Raves for drag queens as well.

Raves for Achaea's delicious system.

Also raves for theirs (and every other IRE's) open envoy report submitting system.
  • Raves for @Nocht for just being plain awesome! and frankly down right sexy!  and best of all for letting Nyxx keep her order item when she left... If I'd known I could stay in your order I would have!  I -really- -really- miss Nocht... :(
    Nothing stopping you from jumping back over, right?
    I used to make cakes.

• edited August 2015
    Daraius said:
    Dunno if being enemied to @Viravain (though for stupid reasons if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) would affect that or not, but I did swear loyalty and allegiance to Isune and I love Her as much as I love @Nocht.  I don't want to be known for Order Abandonment...  I'll just pine away my life for Nocht, wanting Him and knowing I can never have Him in all His dark, shadowy and starry night sky perfection... *Swoon* (I have a TOTAL girl-crush on Nocht yes!:P)

Actually if you want to know the truth. I created Nyxx as a character with Nocht in my mind originally. She was meant to be a Glomdorian and member of His order right from the start (rp changes obviously) but the name  Nyxx comes from Nyx (they wouldnt let me use Nyx) who is a Greek Goddess of the Night. so Nocht seemed reasonable because He created Night. lol
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh my gods, I just realised I knew about Iklara (technically) before I ever came to Hallifax. Raves for re-reading your own event logs.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Nyxx said:
    Daraius said:
    Dunno if being enemied to @Viravain (though for stupid reasons if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) would affect that or not, but I did swear loyalty and allegiance to Isune and I love Her as much as I love @Nocht.  I don't want to be known for Order Abandonment...  I'll just pine away my life for Nocht, wanting Him and knowing I can never have Him in all His dark, shadowy and starry night sky perfection... *Swoon* (I have a TOTAL girl-crush on Nocht yes!:P)

Actually if you want to know the truth. I created Nyxx as a character with Nocht in my mind originally. She was meant to be a Glomdorian and member of His order right from the start (rp changes obviously) but the name  Nyxx comes from Nyx (they wouldnt let me use Nyx) who is a Greek Goddess of the Night. so Nocht seemed reasonable because He created Night. lol
    I am 100% an advocate of doing what makes the game fun for you. If you were enemied to Viravain for a silly reason I bet you it's pretty simple to get it resolved. If Nocht's interested, and you're unhappy in your current situation, by all means orderhop. No one gains anything from you feeling obligated to do something you don't want! But only you can really decide what's fun for you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    I am 100% an advocate of doing what makes the game fun for you.
    Except you seem really vehemently opposed to my finger tats WHAT GIVES! :-w
    I used to make cakes.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited August 2015
    I'm open to removing brands, I'm actually quite reasonable when it comes to fines. You just have to not swear at me and be mindful of the fact that my character has unilateral control over order brands right now, and my character is not afraid to leverage it to get her way. More often than not I use them to incite a reaction rather than actually get anything from them, mostly because orderbrands don't actually do anything. I just know some people do think they mean something, and I'll happily take advantage of that as a character.
    Unless I just don't want a person in Glom, I'll sweep, I usually just cleared them with no fine and swept it under the rug. As long as your brand doesn't play into my political agenda (i.e. Celest will not be unenemied, and I will use those brands to continue to ban them from entering Glom), I usually don't care.
    If we can have a dirty Drocillan in Hallifax, we can certainly have a dirty Nochtian.

The idea being that your affinity malus will be sucking those mofos dry.
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    I am 100% an advocate of doing what makes the game fun for you.
    Except you seem really vehemently opposed to my finger tats WHAT GIVES! :-w
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Wow, another Hallifax rave for Void studies. My mind is entirely skewed after reading that, it's like a really good science fiction dystopia report, something that started the End-Times. 10/10

• edited August 2015
    Celina said:
    I'm open to removing brands, I'm actually quite reasonable when it comes to fines. You just have to not swear at me and be mindful of the fact that my character has unilateral control over order brands right now, and my character is not afraid to leverage it to get her way. More often than not I use them to incite a reaction rather than actually get anything from them, mostly because orderbrands don't actually do anything. I just know some people do think they mean something, and I'll happily take advantage of that as a character.
    Unless I just don't want a person in Glom, I'll sweep, I usually just cleared them with no fine and swept it under the rug. As long as your brand doesn't play into my political agenda (i.e. Celest will not be unenemied, and I will use those brands to continue to ban them from entering Glom), I usually don't care.

Nyxx generally doesnt apologize to people in orders, usually just the divine in charge of said order, especially if that person is Celina and I dont mean that in an offensive trying to be rude way (i appreciate your willingness to work with it. she was over the line by swearing after all), its just RPwise how she feels about Celina personally due to past issues, etc. not to mention that Celina DID say she was attacking her on purpose. not cool dood. not cool. so knowing nyxx she'll just pray to Viravain and wait for her to come back to answer said prayer.  but if I change my mind, she'll be polite about it.  I get that its your RP with Celina.. but it would really be great to see if Celina were just a little more polite to the people that are polite to her  to begin with.... although that might make a few people wonder what she's been smoking if she suddenly starts being cordial....
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rave for logging into an old character to design something divine related and finding another project I had forgotten about that I wanted to finish.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Raves to @SIlvanus for the answers, and @salome for the aetherhunt,even though I didn't go(unlike Tylwyth I still need to sleep sometimes),

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Raves for really fun Shevat times. <3
    Daraius said:
    Can there be like ten agree buttons? And can I go to bed before 3:00 am tomorrow?
    I used to make cakes.

• Lavinya said:
    My rave - shoutsoff and yellsoff prevents embarassing uncontrollable outbursts.

Probably shouldn't be able to avoid a divine curse so easily!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited August 2015
    It was only a tiny bit of the curse so I didn't feel too guilty. Still lots of mana and ego drain, tripped, singing, slapping myself and being insulted and shown visions of animals. Enough to keep me out of public but still logged in.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2015
    Nyxx said:
    Nyxx generally doesnt apologize to people in orders, usually just the divine in charge of said order, especially if that person is Celina and I dont mean that in an offensive trying to be rude way (i appreciate your willingness to work with it. she was over the line by swearing after all), its just RPwise how she feels about Celina personally due to past issues, etc. not to mention that Celina DID say she was attacking her on purpose. not cool dood. not cool. so knowing nyxx she'll just pray to Viravain and wait for her to come back to answer said prayer.  but if I change my mind, she'll be polite about it.  I get that its your RP with Celina.. but it would really be great to see if Celina were just a little more polite to the people that are polite to her  to begin with.... although that might make a few people wonder what she's been smoking if she suddenly starts being cordial....
    Praying to Viravain will get you absolutely nowhere.  You know what will happen?  If Viravain even responds to it, she will just... tell Celina that you prayed to her asking to get unenemied.  Celina will then go, "Oh, this Nyxx person tried to do an end-run around me, doesn't really want to be unenemied" and will auto-deny it.

You can't try to use Gods to bypass player-to-player interactions, it does not work that way.  If you want something, you need to actually try for it.
  • Damn it Xenthos. She was obviously setting herself up so this could have been the first rant on our soon-to-be shiny new rants section.
    Thanks for ruining EVERYTHING.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Can there be like ten agree buttons? And can I go to bed before 3:00 am tomorrow?
    Also, can one of these happen when I don't have work the next day pretty please?
  • edited August 2015
    Xenthos said:
    Nyxx said:
    Praying to Viravain will get you absolutely nowhere.  You know what will happen?  If Viravain even responds to it, she will just... tell Celina that you prayed to her asking to get unenemied.  Celina will then go, "Oh, this Nyxx person tried to do an end-run around me, doesn't really want to be unenemied" and will auto-deny it.

You can't try to use Gods to bypass player-to-player interactions, it does not work that way.  If you want something, you need to actually try for it.

Hrmmm I never actually thought of it like that before, though I would have to disagree that talking to the Divine about Their own order enemying is hardly bypassing player-to-player interactions. It's taking the problem higher up, something regularly done in other orders. Other non @viravain divine regularly overturn enemying's by their order heads.  And no @Ardmore I wasnt setting myself up for a rant lol. actually I just followed the advice that everyone in hallifax gave to me which was if you were enemied unfairly to an order talk to the God. far as I knew most gods don't usually let players have total and complete control over the Order, that's why it's the GOD'S order, not the player's order but meh if it works it works, if it doesn't well, oh well, like I said I was just following the advice of everyone else
This discussion has been closed.